All the latest dance, theatre, and stage news from Dincwear Dancewear.
Dress worn by winner Rose Ayling-Ellis to be auctioned for charity by Sworders of Stansted.
A couture dress worn by reigning Strictly Come Dancing champion Rose Ayling-Ellis will be auctioned for charity by Sworders.
The shimmering size 10-12 is a special extra lot in the Stansted fine art auctioneer’s sale of jewellery, handbags and designer accessories on Wednesday, April 27.
The dress, designed by Kruszynksa Couture of Knightsbridge, central London, was worn by Ayling-Ellis in a Hello! magazine feature after she won the 19th series of Strictly in December 2021. It comes for sale via Maria Black, who is raising money for three charities that helped her rehabilitate after a life-changing stroke in 2020. It has an estimate of £1,000-£1,500.
Actress Ayling-Ellis, 27, who plays Frankie Lewis in BBC TV soap EastEnders, became the first deaf contestant on the ballroom dancing show, performing with professional dancer Giovani Pernice.
Limp Bizkit’s John Otto dancing with his young daughter on TV’s Come Dance With Me.
Limp Bizkit drummer John Otto and his 11-year-old daughter Ava are contestants on the reality dance show Come Dance With Me. The programme, which is hosted by Grammy award-winning songwriter Philip Lawrence, made its debut on CBS in the US on April 15.
According to the television network, Come Dance With Me “features exceptionally talented young dancers from across the country who invite one untrained family member who has supported their dance dreams to be their partner for a chance to strut their stuff for a grand prize.”
At the young age of 11, Ava Otto is already a distinguished dancer, and has earned important titles, prizes, and scholarships in the dance industry, and has even appeared in movies and modelling campaigns. With plenty of experience under her belt, it’s her task on the show to train her old man, Limp Bizkit’s drummer John Otto, on how to move his feet as efficiently as her, whether it’s to hip hop or ballroom.
Audition for a spot in the 2022 Radio City Christmas Spectacular.
Dancers were spotted strutting their stuff as they auditioned for this year’s Radio City Rockettes Christmas Spectacular in New York City on Monday, months after the 2021 season got cancelled midway due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Hundreds of women were photographed lining up to audition for a coveted spot in the beloved Christmas show, which first opened in 1933 and has gone on to become one of the most well-known performances in the world.
The annual musical holiday stage show takes place at the historic Radio City Music Hall and features 120 dancers and ensemble cast members who kick their legs and shake their hips along to an original musical score and classic Christmas hits.
The ladies twirled and swirled through the auditions, as they showed off their moves in the hopes of being chosen as one of this year’s performers.
Lee Mead Will Play ‘Billy Flynn’ in the UK Tour of CHICAGO.
Star of stage and screen Lee Mead will play the role of ‘Billy Flynn’ in the acclaimed UK and Ireland tour of the international smash hit musical CHICAGO. Lee joins the previously announced Gemma Collins as ‘Mama Morton’, Faye Brookes as ‘Roxie Hart’, Djalenga Scott as ‘Velma Kelly’, Jamie Baughan as ‘Amos Hart’ and B.E. Wong as ‘Mary Sunshine’, opening at the Sunderland Empire from Tuesday 31 May 2022. Full tour schedule at: www.chicagothemusical.com
The cast is completed by Ishmail Aaron, Michelle Andrews, Gabby Antrobus, Delycia Belgrave, Joel Benjamin, Tanisha-Mae Brown, Daniel Clift, Callum Fitzgerald, Emily Goodenough, Billie Hardy, Aaron Jenkins, Liam Marcellino, Theo Reece, Hollie Jane Stephens and Harrison Wilde.
The tour opens at the Sunderland Empire from Tuesday 31 May 2022.
General News & Sighting
- Students from 6 of the UK’s top dance schools will perform “Unite For Ukraine” to support the young people affected by the war in Ukraine. The gala will take place at Sadlers Wells on the 15th of May.
- The last 4 venues of “The Addams Family” have been cancelled with the producers blaming the ongoing impact of covid.
- Casting has been announced for the upcoming revival of “Into The Woods” at the Theatre Royal Bath. It will star Audrey Brisson, Alex Young, Nicola Hughes & Julian Bleach. The show will run from the 17th of August until the 10th of September. The choreography is by Leah Hausman.
- Hannah Lowther made her debut as Heather Duke at the West End production of “Heathers”. Hannah had only 4 hours to rehearse and is the first person to perform all 3 of the Heathers. Hannah rose to fame for her witty videos on TikTok while working at Tesco during the pandemic.
- Carolyn Maitland steps into the West End show “But I’m A Cheerleader” with just 4 hours of rehearsal!
- Gina Beck is joining the cast of “But I’m A Cheerleader”. The choreography is by Alexzandra Sarmiento.
- Joanne Clifton, Strictly winner & world dance champion, will be competing in the British Jigsaw Championship in June.
- Northern Ballet announced that Mark Skipper, CE of the company, will retire on the 30th of September.
- A new TV dance show titled “Come Dance With Me” launched in America on Paramount TV.
- We spotted tap dancer Kai Scanlan on BBC’s “Young Dancer of the Year”. Kai has progressed to the final of the competition.
Future Dance News
- Brit Award winner Becky Hill makes her Ibiza Rocks debut this summer with a 6 weeks residency.
- “Shrek The Musical” will embark on a new UK tour in 2023. It will be directed and choreographed by Nick Winston and will open in Plymouth on the 21st of July 2023.
- “Annie Get Your Gun” will be staged for one night only at the London Palladium on the 1st of June. It will star Amber Davies as Annie.
- Erica Mulhern will perform her show “Suzy Homemaker” at the Lancaster Fringe Festival on the 17th of May at 9.00pm at the Continental in Preston.
- “West End For Ukraine” will take place at the Charing Cross Theatre on the 9th of May, with 100% of the money raised going to UNICEF. Stars taking part include Joanne Clifton & Gina Beck.
- Sir Ian McKellen is to perform alongside ballet dancers in a new show based on “Hamlet” at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
- West End Live will take place on the 25th & 26th of June in Trafalgar Square London.
- The Brighton Festival will take place from the 7th of May until the 29th of May. Dance highlights include the Hofesh Shechter Company.
- A new “Strictly Presents” tour was announced. It will feature contestants Maisie Smith & Rhys Stephenson, who will be joined by Strictly pro dancers Neil, Gorka, Jowita & Nancy. The show will tour in June and July.
- The original cast of “Six The Musical” will re-unite for 6 performances at Hampton Court Palace on the 19th & 20th of June. The choreography is by Carrie-Anne Ingrouille.
- Disney musical “Newsies” will have its UK premiere on the 28th of November at the Troubadour Wembley Park Theatre, London. The choreography is by Matt Cole.
- The Midland Theatre Ballet presents “Cinderella” at the Crescent Theatre in Birmingham from the 27th of May until the 29th.
- The English Youth Ballet announced its 2022 tour. You can visit its website for more details: englishyouthballet.co.uk
- A 30th anniversary revival of “Crazy For You” will be staged in Chichester from the 11th of July until the 4th of September. It will be directed and choreographed by Susan Stroman – who choreographed the original production in 1992 for which she won the Tony award for Best Choreography.
- Rodgers & Hammerstein’s “Cinderella” will run at the Hope Mill Theatre from the 1st of November until the 11th of December. It will be directed by Joseph Houston and choreographed by William Whelton.
- Louis Tomlinson cancels his upcoming tour dates in Russia and the Ukraine.
- The Chantry Dance Company announced that it’s 2022 production would be “Beauty And The Beast”. The tour details will be announced shortly.
- It was announced that Nicola Benedetti will become the new Director of the Edinburgh Festival in October 2022.
- Sir Matt Bourne’s “Sleeping Beauty” will return on tour this Winter, opening in Plymouth on the 12th of November. Further tour dates and casting is to be announced shortly.
- The musical “Newsies” is set to open in London this year.“Jagged Little Pill” will transfer from Broadway to London in November.
- Breakin’ Convention, Sadlers Wells annual festival of Hip Hop, is back for it’s 19th year from the 29th of April until the 1st of May. It will be hosted by Jonzi D.
- The Tribe Showcase will take place on the 28th of May at the Docklands Innovation Park in Dublin. It will be hosted by Lisette Kroll.
- Strictly stars Graziano de Prima & Giadi Lini will be choreographing a brand new musical called “La Bamba” – based on the story of Richie Vallens.
- Craig Revel Horwood announced his “All Balls And Glitter” tour of the UK.
- In the Autumn, Northern Ballet will visit 10 cities with revivals of two family favourites: “The Little Mermaid” & “The Nutcracker”, plus a premiere of “Three Short Ballets”. The season will open at the Leeds Playhouse.
- Harry Styles announced a UK & European tour starting in Glasgow in June.
- “Beauty and the Beast” which is currently touring in the UK, will have a limited run at the London Palladium from the 24th of June until the 17th of September. Directed and choreographed by Matt West, with new dance arrangements by David Chase. Nick Winston is the Associate UK Director / Choreographer with Chandon Jones as Associate Choreographer.
- The Dance Space, Brighton’s first building designed specifically for dance, will open in July 2022.
- The “Peaky Blinders” inspired dance show will premiere in Birmingham at the Hippodrome on the 27th of September. This will be directed and choreographed by Benoit Swan with the Rambert Ballet.
- Tim Rice confirms that “Chess” is set for Broadway.
- The Barn Theatre, Cirencester, has unveiled its 2022 season, which includes a number of musical revivals.
- The revival of “White Christmas” will embark on a new tour in 2022. It will open on the 22nd of November 2022 at the Nottingham Theatre Royal. The choreography is by Stephen Mear.
- A new revival of “Jekyll & Hyde” has been announced to open in April 2022. It will be choreographed by Sarah Golding.
Auditions & Appointments
- Christina Andrea is looking for dancers for the Rugby League Final at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on the 28th of May. There are 2 rehearsals on the 21st & 22nd of May at a London venue. Dancers will get paid £95 plus pitchside seats. Contact: www.rugby-league.com/dance
- “Love Should Not Hurt” is looking for a “male Contemporary dancer from an ethnic minority background” for their performance in September as part of “Festival of the Mind” in Sheffield. There is 4 days of paid work plus the performance day. For more information contact: email@example.com The deadline for applications is the 6th of May.
- English National Ballet has launched a global search for a new Artistic Director to replace Tamara Rojo CBE. For more information visit: www.odgers.com/85718
- Pearson Casting is casting the US tour of ” 9 To 5 – The Musical”.
- Coventry University’s Centre of Dance Research is offering £170 for up to 20 Midlands based freelance dance artists to take part in a focus group on the 27th of April at Coventry University. Contact Helen Laws (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Karen Wood ( email@example.com)
- Auditions for this years Thursford Christmas Spectacular are on the 20th & 21st of June. Go to www.thursfordjobs.com for more details.
- Backyard Cinemas are looking for dancers to join it’s Spring/Summer season. For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Jackie Palmer Stage School is looking for a Dance Teacher to teach Tap, Modern, Ballet and MT. More details are on the website.
- BOR Productions are casting for several of their cruise ship contracts with MSC Cruises. For more details contact: email@example.com
- Jo Clifton & Tjasa Vulic have classes at Pineapple Studios on the 1st of May. Jo is teaching the Quickstep at 12.00pm and Tjasa is teaching the Cha Cha Cha at 1.00pm.
- Gaz Davis is offering a 3 day Mentor Programme for pro dancers on the 10th -12th of August in London. Contact Gaz on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oti Mabuse Dance Studio is offering a Latin American Beginners class with Marius every Thursday from 8.00 – 9.00pm.
- Lukas McFarlane will hold an Intensive dance course from the 6th of September to the 15th of September. For more information contact: www.untitleddance.com
- Nafisah Baba is teaching at Danceworks in London on Wednesdays from 5.30 – 7.00pm and on Tuesdays from 8.00 – 9.30pm.
- Sherisse Bisram is offering a Commercial class on Tuesdays at Pineapple from 7.30 – 8.30pm and a “Sexy RNB” class from 8.30 – 9.30pm.
- Dollie Henry is hosting the first “Lets Talk Jazz” forum on Thursday the 28th of April from 7.00 – 8.30pm. Book your ticket on Eventbrite.
- Danceworks in London have a Summer Intensive with Marianela Nunez & Alejandro Parente from the 8th to the 12th of August.
- The TGS Summer Intensive will take place from the 25th to the 29th of July at the Hemingford Pavilion from 10.00 – 3.00pm daily. Collette Guitart (from “Six” & “& Juliet” ) will be the first guest with Michael Andrew Naylor the second guest. Wednesdays guests are Travis Kerry & Nick Kerry from “Hamilton” and on Thursday the guest will be Nikki Trow. On Friday it is Jordi Guitart. To book: email: email@example.com
- Sir Matt Bourne’s New Adventures Company is offering Open classes to professional dancers at Studio 3, Wayne McGregor, London for £30 per class on the 3rd of May (Contemporary), the 4th of May (Ballet) and the 5th of May (Contemporary).
- Joanne Clifton is giving a masterclass at Hyde Festival Theatre on the 22nd of April from 12.30 – 1.45pm at £17.50. Contact: www.lavottaevents.co.uk/dance-workshops
- Lowri Jackson has a new weekly Heels class at Base Studios on Saturdays from 4.00 – 5.30pm.
- Martina Gumbs is doing a Jazz Heels class on Wednesdays from 7.00 – 8.15pm for £7 at Studio 25, Manchester. For more details and to book, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Holly Stubbings is giving a Contemporary Fusion class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Fridays from 6.00 – 7.00pm.
- Alexandre Novelli is giving a class on Mondays at Rare Studios in Liverpool from 8.00 – 9.30pm.
- Sophie Haws is offering a Commercial class on Sundays from 6.00 – 7.00pm for £8 at the JD Studio in Southampton.
- Jared Hageman is offering a Jazz class on Mondays from 5.30 – 7.00pm for £9 at the Hub Studio in London.
- Shona Wilson has a Commercial class at Base Studios on Thursday from 8.30 – 9.55pm.
- Lara Hunt has a Contemporary class on Fridays from 5.30 – 6.30pm at Hi-Bri’s Dance Studio in Solihull. Book at: email@example.com
- If you live in LA, Tobias Ellehammer is teaching at Millenium Studios in North Hollywood on Fridays from 7.00 – 9.00pm.
- Holly Johnson is offering Commercial dance classes at the Rooftop Studios in Leek on Wednesdays for £5 per class. Aged 16+. Message Holly on Facebook for more details.
- Aileen Carroll-Turner is offering Adult Ballet classes at intermediate level on Mondays from 8.00 – 9.30pm at CTSD in Brighton. Students £8.50 and drop ins £9.50.
- Laura Gilchrist is offering a Commercial class on Mondays from 7.15 – 8.45pm for £7 at the Grove Community Hub in Leicester, LE31QZ.
- Laura Morse is offering a class on Wednesdays at Base Studios, London, from 5.30 – 6.55pm. Book your space via the app.
- Haley Monaghan is teaching a Heels class on Wednesdays from 8.30 – 10.00pm at the Base Dance Studios in London for £12. Book your place via the app.
- Kim Collins is offering a Commercial class every Wednesday & Saturday from 1.00 – 2.25pm at the Base Dance Studios in London.
- Christopher Tendai is offering a Musical Theatre Jazz class at Pineapple Studios, London, on Tuesdays from 10.15 – 11.45am.
- Drew McOnie is giving a dance class at Pineapple Studios on Fridays at 6.30 – 8.30pm.
- Gareth Walker is teaching a Commercial Jazz dance class at the Pineapple Studios every Tuesday at 3.15pm.
- Ombracuradance have a weekly Hip Hop / Experimental dance class at The Base Studios on Mondays at 8.30 – 9.55pm
- Katie Deacon has an Advanced / Pro Ballet Class at the Pineapple Dance Studios on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 1.30pm.
- Christabelle Field is teaching a Latin Jazz class at the Base Dance Studio on Thursdays from 2.30 – 4.00pm for £9 in the Timberlake Studio.
- Louise Barton has a Commercial Dance class at the Pineapple Dance Studios every Friday from 1.45 – 3.15pm.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 5.00 – 6.00pm (Studio 2) & Wednesday from 7.45 – 8.45pm (Studio 1). There is also a Commercial Edge class at Base Studios on Thursday from 2.30 – 4.00pm (James Brown Studio).
- Dollie Henry offers a weekly Jazz class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Sundays from 4.15 – 5.45pm.
- Michael & Jowita, the winners of “The Greatest Dancer”, are offering a full range of dance classes at their Studio in Ealing, London.
Film And Video
- The Cannes Film Festival will take place from the 17th of May until the 28th of May with the world premiere of “Top Gun: Maverick”.
- We spotted Shola B Riley & Summer Jay Jones dancing at Coachella with Rina Sawayama. The choreography was by Joshua Base Pilmore.
- We spotted Karen Hauer & Janette Manrara on BBC1’s “Pointless”. The dynamic duo were also spotted on the latest adverts for Freemans.
- We spotted Devon Young dancing at Printworks in London for Defected Records.
- We spotted Danielle Stephen modelling 107 pairs of glasses/sunglasses for Ozone Glasses.
- We spotted Emily Kate Pettite performing in Monte Carlo at the Rolex Masters ceremony.
- We spotted Ashley Young dancing at Sexy Fish in London.
Dincwear Dancewear will keep watching the news and bring you further updates in the next edition.
View The Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.