The UK Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, has confirmed that English theatres and performance venues will be able to re-open at full capacity from July the 19th. There is still a big problem of productions having to be suspended when a cast member has to self-isolate. These are the points of interest to pro dancers that the team at Dincwear Dancewear has seen this past week.
General News & Sightings
- “Hairspray” had to postpone performances until the 14th because of a “suspected positive case of Covid 19 within the production team”. The Royal Court Theatre has experienced a similar problem and the production of “Joseph” has delayed its opening for 2 weeks.
- The UK tour of “My Best Friend’s Wedding“, starring Alexandra Burke, has been canceled due to continued uncertainty caused by the pandemic.
- The UK Culture Secretary, Oliver Dowden, has said that the Government will introduce an insurance scheme after July the 19th to help theatres to re-open.
- “Six” star Natalie Pilkington was proposed to live on stage during the curtain call.
- Full casting was announced for the tour of “Dirty Dancing” with Kira Malou playing the role of Baby and Michael O’Reilly as Johnny. The show will open on July the 29th in Shrewsbury.
- In America, shows like “We Will Rock You” are beginning to re-open on Broadway.
Future Dance News
- Producers and venues in Edinburgh have been given £1.3m by the Scottish Government and Edinburgh Council to support the return of live events at the Edinburgh Festival.
- Ian Waite & Vincent Simone will be touring their show “The Ballroom Boys Act 2” from the 14th of September until the 29th of June 2022.
- “Message In A Bottle” returns to Sadlers Wells from the 29th of September until the 17th of October.
Appointments and Auditions
- Brendon Hansford will be auditioning for dancers for his agency on August the 20th in London. For further details contact Brendon at: email@example.com
- Alleyne Dance is looking for dancers to cast in the research & development period and a new production of “Far From Home“. UK auditions will be held on September the 11th & 12th at Dance East. The deadline for applications is August 29th.
- Nottingham based Tom Dale Dance Company is looking for a Midlands-based recent graduate dance artist. From September until April 2022 they will be supported to develop their dance skills. Apply by: July the 23rd.
- The National Dance Council, Wales, has announced Matthew Robinson as the company’s new Artistic Director.
- The Royal Ballet School is offering an online Summer Intensive from the 13th to – 17th of July. See the website for further details.
- The Safe Space is holding a dance day on Thursday the 22nd of July from 10.00 am – 3.30 pm at Base Studios with teachers: Katie Deacon (Ballet), Bethany Huckle (MT Jazz), Leander Pinder & Steph Archer.
- Hannah Levitt Collins will be teaching a commercial class in Southampton on August the 3rd from 6.00 – 7.30 pm. Contact Hannah on her Instagram page.
- The BOP Jazz Summer Intensive with Dollie Henry will take place from the 26th – 29th of July. See the BOP website for further details.
- Nafisah Baba offers a dance class at Dreamworks, London, every Wednesday from 5.30 – 7.00 pm.
- Scarlette Ellyse is offering a Commercial dance class at Space Six, Newcastle, on Wednesdays from 6.00 – 7.00 pm for £7.
- Redbox Dance has a London Dance Camp from July the 31st – August the 1st. Teachers include Kenrick, Jay Revell, Philip Birchall, Lisa Spencer & Nikki Trow. Contact: www.Redboxdance.com for further details.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Jazz Peters has a Summer Workshop on Sunday the 25th of July. For further details & to book contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Li Li Hodge is doing an intermediate/advanced heels class on Monday evenings at 8.45 pm. Further information is in Li Li’s Instagram Bio.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 3.30 – 4.30 pm & Wednesday from 8.00 – 9.00 pm. There is also a class at Base Studios on Thursday from 1.00 – 2.30 pm.
- Dollie Henry offers a weekly Jazz class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Sundays from 4.00 – 5.30 pm.
Film And Video
- The first trailer of “Cinderella” starring Camila Cabello has been released. The film is set to open on September the 3rd on Amazon Prime. The choreography is by Ashley Wallen & Jenny Griffin.
- American dance sensation Autumn Miller shared the official trailer of “Original Sin” – the short film in which she stars.
- “In Pieces” the new musical film by Joey Contreras will be playing on Friday the 20th of August at 8.30 pm at the Turbine Theatre. The choreography is by Rachel Baker.
- The “Wicked” movie will start production in Atlanta this year, according to Stephen Schwartz, and will film throughout next year. It will be directed by Jon M Chu, who recently directed “In The Heights“.
- We spotted Gustave Juvenal Die in Ed Sheeran’s new music video: “Bad Habits“.
- We spotted Lily Blake in the new HRVY video: “I Day 2 Nights“.
- We spotted Michelle Tsiak in the Truly UK advert for alcoholic sparkling water.
- We spotted Rochelle Holmes in the latest advert for Toyota.
So, at last, life will return to normal from the 19th of July. The team at Dincwear Dancewear will observe how venues and productions overcome the problems of “living with covid” and report back to our dancers next week.
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.