The new Health Secretary, Sajid Javid, has stated that the UK will be re-opening fully on the 19th of July. This is the clarity that theatres and performance venues have been looking for. Here is the rest of the news that the team at Dincwear Dancewear thinks will interest pro dancers.
General News & Sightings
- Event organisers are blaming the Government for festival cancellations after failing to publish the findings of the Events Research Programme until this week. After a legal challenge, the report was published and showed only 28 cases of covid infection linked to 58,000 participants at indoor and outdoor events across the UK.
- Theatre producers, including Michael Harrison & Eleanor Lloyd, have condemned the Government’s “nonsensical” self-isolation guidance which has already forced several shows to suspend rehearsals and performances.
- The National Dance Awards were announced at a virtual ceremony from the Cervantes Theatre in London. Check the website for the winners.
- The Manchester International Festival returns from July the 1st – 18th, with a program of world premieres in dance.
- Sadlers Wells “Breakin’ Convention” of hip hop returns for a socially distanced program on July the 1st.
- The “Dancing Times” for July was published. Its Dancer Of The Month is Liam Francis of The Rambert Dance Company.
- Kimberly Wyatt will be playing the role of Kate Compton in “Dead Lies” by Hilary Bonner.
Future Dance News
- The Scottish Ballet is to revive Gene Kelly’s ballet “Pas de Dieux” this Autumn on both stage and screen.
- Choreographer Javier de Frutos will collaborate with the Chantry Dance Company to create a new dance film.
Appointments and Auditions
- London Contemporary Dance School is looking to appoint 2 new Lecturers in Dance. See the website for details. The deadline for applications is Wednesday the 7th of July.
- Sir Matt Bourne’s “New Adventures” dance company is looking for 16 dance artists, from a variety of styles, that have been working for less than 5 years for its “Overture Programme“. The deadline to apply is the 5th of July.
- Vincent Dance Theatre is looking for an Executive Director and a Digital Communications Manager to join its team in Brighton. The deadline for applications is the 8th of July.
- The Royal Ballet are looking for a company physiotherapist. The deadline to apply is the 5th of July.
- ZooNation are advertising for a Marketing & Communications Manager. The application deadline is the 12th of July.
- Hofesh Shechter Dance Company are seeking emerging dancers to join Shechter II, the apprentice touring company. Apply by the 6th of July.
- Enable US Project has announced its resident companies for 2021/2. They are dancer Erika Mulkern, performance artist Tom Cassani, contemporary dance company Joss Arnott Dance and musical theatre partnership Leo & Hyde.
- The BOP Jazz Summer Intensive with Dollie Henry will take place from the 26th – 29th of July. See the BOP website for further details.
- Nafisah Baba offers a dance class at Dreamworks, London, every Wednesday from 5.30 – 7.00 pm.
- Scarlette Ellyse is offering a Commercial dance class at Space Six, Newcastle, on Wednesdays from 6.00 – 7.00 pm for £7.
- Redbox Dance has a London Dance Camp from July the 31st – August the 1st. Teachers include: Kenrick, Jay Revell, Philip Birchall, Lisa Spencer & Nikki Trow. Contact: www.Redboxdance.com for further details.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Jazz Peters has a Summer Workshop on Sunday the 25th of July. For further details & to book contact: email@example.com
- Li Li Hodge is doing an intermediate/advanced heels class on Monday evenings at 8.45 pm. Further information is in Li Li’s Instagram Bio.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 3.30 – 4.30 pm & Wednesday from 8.00 – 9.00 pm. There is also a class at Base Studios on Thursday from 1.00 – 2.30 pm.
- Dollie Henry offers a weekly Jazz class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Sundays from 4.00 – 5.30 pm.
Film And Video
- Amber Rimell choreographed the latest Mabel video for “Let Them Know“, with Assistant Choreographer Layla Ellison. Dancers in the video include: Megan Brown, Olivia Beckford, Emma Rose & Chloe Ferns.
- We spotted Serina Mathew & Ebony Clarke shooting an advert for Transport For London.
- We spotted the following dancers in the video for “Remember” from Becky Hill & David Guetta: Oluwatosin, Sarah Seville, Joy Duckrell, & Claudia Louis. The choreography is by Mark Jennings. The contract was with Mass Movement.
So it finally appears that theatres and performance venues have the green light to re-open on the 19th of July. The team at Dincwear Dancewear will look out for all the news that could be of interest to pro dancers and report back next week.
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.