With the Prime Minister confirming that the roadmap is on track, dance schools and gyms are preparing to re-open next Monday, with some Theatres looking to open their doors on the 17th of May. Many performing arts organisations were awarded funding this week from the latest Culture Recovery Fund dispersal.
This is what the team at Dincwear Dancewear have seen.
- Chichester Festival will be re-opening on the 5th of July with Rodgers & Hammerstein’s “South Pacific” starring Gina Beck.
- “Viva Forever” is returning to the West End for a limited run at the Piccadilly Theatre for 12 weeks from June the 25th.
- “Here Comes The Boys“, starring Aljaz, Pasha, Robin & Graziano from “Strictly“, is coming to the London Palladium for 10 days from Tuesday the 25th of May to Wednesday the 9th of June.
- Maria Kochetkova is returning to the English National Ballet as a Principle Lead dancer.
- Hundreds of Performing Arts organisations have been awarded new Culture Recovery Fund grants and loans in the latest £400 million funding round.
- Sadlers Wells has received a loan of £4.25 million, the Birmingham Royal Ballet received a £175,000 grant, the Northern Ballet received a £372,000 grant & Ballet Black a £123,000 grant.
Future Dance News
- Darcey Bussell is hosting a British Ballet Charity Gala at the Royal Albert Hall on June the 3rd. Many of the top ballet companies will be performing.
Auditions & Appointments
- Zoo Nation are auditioning dancers for the National and International tour of its hit production “Message In A Bottle“. The application deadline is the 26th of April. For further details visit: www.sadlerswells.com
- The English National Ballet have a number of opportunities for artists in its Corps de Ballet.
- The Axis Dance Company will be holding a virtual company audition on April the 26th. “Seeking disabled and non-disabled dancers for new works and a new commission for 2021.” Applications have to be in by April the 19th.
- Birmingham Royal Ballet are looking for a social media executive to join their team. Apply by Friday the 9th of April.
- National Dance Company Wales is looking for a Creative Artistic Director. The closing date for applications is the 27th of April. (Salary circa £50,000).
- Monique Jonas has joined the English National Ballet School as a Contemporary Dance teacher.
Online Dance Classes
- Ashley Shaw (Principle dancer with “New Adventures“) & Hannah Martin (BBC1’s “The Greatest Dancer“) are offering a Ballet Intensive class on the 11th of April for £15. Visit Hannah’s Instagram Bio to book.
We will happily be changing our “Online Dance Classes” back to “Dance Classes” next week.
Film And Video
- New York City Ballet are teaming up with film director Sofia Coppola on a dance film that will be the centrepiece of its Spring Gala on May the 5th. The film will stream free of charge from May the 6th to May the 20th.
- The Guardian published its list of best online dance films:
1/ “Empty Stage”. Benjamin Scheuer soundtracks footage of rehearsals and preparations for Birmingham Royal Ballet’s “Cinderella” – a show that never was.
2/ “What Does The Future Look Like”. The Place’s festival of short dance films.
3/ ” What Used To, No Longer Is”. Choreography by Mthuthuzeli November for the Northern Ballet.
4/ “Dark Full Ride”. The Scottish Ballet have released a new recording of a 2013 piece from Martin Lawrence.
5/ “Subduction”. The English National Ballet and Trey McIntyre.
6/ “Of Simple Stone”. B-Hybrid Dance with choreographer Brian Gillespie.
- We spotted Chelsea Marie Hogg & Channelle Lisa George shooting for The Ivy, Soho.
- We spotted Crystal Hantig & Rachel Muldoon on ITV’s “Saturday Night Takeaway” with Rachel almost kicking a ball into Dec’s head!
This is what our team at Dincwear Dancewear have seen this week and we hope that it has been of interest to you.
As of today, it looks like the Covid Status certification will not be required for audiences when venues re-open in May. So it will be a cautious, socially distanced, return for the dance world before full audiences are allowed to return at the end of June.
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.