With the easing of lockdown restrictions, a few pro dancers are back to auditions and rehearsals.
This is what the team at Dincwear Dancewear have spotted this week.
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings announced that it will restart services this July on the “Joy”, “Jade” and “Gem”. This company employs a lot of pro dancers – like “Burn The Floor“.
- “Abba Mania” will return to the West End for the first time in 20 years! It will play to socially distanced audiences at the Shaftsbury Theatre from the 21st of May to the 6th of June.
- “Heathers Musical” returns to the Theatre Royal, Haymarket, on June the 21st.
- “The Last 5 Years” will transfer to London’s West End from the 17th of September for a 4 week run at the Vaudeville Theatre.
- Strictly stars, Nadiya and Giada, have joined the cast of “Here Come The Boys“.
- The stunt team at “Wonder Woman 84” won a SAG Award for “Outstanding Action Performance By A Stunt Ensemble In A Motion Picture”. Congratulations to Donna Forbes et al.
- Drew McOnie will choreograph the new film “Greatest Day” about Take That.
- Star Eddy will appear in “Tomorrow May Be My Last“, choreographed by Arlene Phillips CBE.
- Arlene Phillips CBE appointed as Patron of 2Faced Dance Company.
- Urdang graduate Aisha Jawando will be playing Bella in “Disenchanted The Musical“. Aisha will be joined by fellow Urdanger Natalie Chuq as Mulan. #dangproud
- Nominations for the One Dance UK Awards 2021 are now open.
- Dancer Chloe Reveillon was recognised in French Forbe’s “30 Under 30” list.
Future Dance News
- “Burn The Floor” announced a 2022 Tour with Kevin Clifton. You can book tickets on www.kevincliftontour.com
- The “Let’s Dance International Frontiers 2021” annual dance festival will take place in Leicester from the 29th of April until the 8th of May.
- Leah Hill will be the choreographer for “The Wiz” at Manchester’s Hope Mill Theatre, which will take place at Christmas.
Auditions & Appointments
- The Sonia Sabri Company are seeking an acrobatic female contemporary dancer for its hit show “Same Same…But Different“. For more information email: email@example.com
- Choreographer Joseph Toonga and his company Just US Dance Theatre have launched a hip-hop apprenticeship company, which will see “participants paid a living wage to take part in daily classes”.
- Akram Khan Company is looking for contemporary dancers based in the UK to join the cast of “Jungle Book“. Visit the company website for details.
- Dancer Zoe Ashe-Browne is one of the recipients of the 2021 Markievicz Awards.
- A reminder that applications for the Teneisha Bonner Scholarship close on Monday the 26th of April
Online Dance Classes
- The Hofesh Shechter Company dancers are doing daily online classes each day this week.
Film And Video
- We spotted Salome Pressac & Sam Salter dancing in the latest Demi Lovato / Sam Fischer video “What Other People Say“. The choreography was by Sam Salter and it was directed by Ben-Christopher Harris.
- We spotted Beth Willetts in the latest Knorr “Vegetarian” commercial.
- We spotted several dancers in the new Theo Stinson video for “Back To Black” including Helena Pardey-Yaralli, Isabella Read, Leila Parry, Natalia Caraballo Case, Zoe Sarson & Bethany Kyle. The choreography was by Beky Humphreys.
- We spotted several dancers on the new ITV show “Game Of Talents“: Li Li Hodge, Jenny Griffin, Kieran DW, Billy Roy Sawyer, Charlotte Wildrienne, Lianne Lee May, Connor Murray, Jorge Antonio & Nakai Warikandwa. The contract was with Jerry Reeve & Ashley Warren at the Kutes Agency.
So this is what the Team at Dincwear Dancewear have spotted this week. As the dance world continues to get back to normal, we will keep our eyes open for anything that may be of interest to professional dancers.
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.