In a week that saw a further loosening of lock-down restrictions, there was a lot of exciting news about dance productions re-opening around the UK.
This is what the team at Dincwear Dancewear have seen.
- ” & Juliet” will re-open in September at the newly refurbished Shaftsbury Theatre in the West End, London.
- The Royal Ballet will re-open for performances on the 17th of May with 3 programmes of works ranging from Crystal Pite to Marius Peptida.
- Battersea Arts Centre announced plans to re-open and have a new outdoor festival.
- Sadlers Wells is to re-open on May the 17th with a season of work featuring the English National Ballet, The Rambert & The Alexander Whitley Dance Company.
- “Amelie The Musical” is coming to London’s West End Criterion Theatre in May courtesy of the Selladoor company.
- Strictly stars Janette & Aljaz began streaming their “Remembering The Oscars“. This fantastic show will stream until April the 17th.
- Vicki Igbokwe won the AWA Dance Award. Honourable mentions went to Kamara Gray and Lucy McCrudden.
- Raymond Gubbay announced the return of the “Classical Spectacular” at The Royal Albert Hall from the 4th to the 7th of November.
- The “Dancing Times” April edition is out today with its “Dancer Of The Month” being Mariana Rodrigues from The Northern Ballet.
- The Scottish Ballet has re-scheduled the world premiere of “The Scandal At Mayerling” from the 13th of April to the 28th of May 2022.
- The stage version of “The Wizard Of Oz” will be heading out on tour in 2023.
- The San Francisco Ballet begins streaming “Jewels“, George Balanchine’s masterpiece, on the 1st of April.
- The Curve Theatre, Leicester, will revive “A Chorus Line” this Christmas. Tickets go on general sale from the 8th of April.
- An all-star revival of the hit musical “Disenchanted” will be streamed next month. Tickets are £15 and will be available from www.stream.theatre.com, with the musical is running from the 9th to the 11th of April.
- Soho “Gentleman’s Club” The Windmill is set to re-open as a theatre after Westminster City Council approved its licence application for a 250-seat auditorium.
- “Singing In The Rain” will run at Sadlers Wells from July the 5th until September the 5th with Adam Cooper starring as Don Lockwood.
- The Alexander Whitley Dance Company is bringing its production of “Overflow” to Sadlers Wells for 2 socially distanced performances on the 21st and 22nd of May.
- “Strictly Presents: The Power Of Dance” tour has been rescheduled to June and July 2022.
- BOP Jazz UK will Livestream its “Spirit Of Jazz” production from The Curve Theatre, Leicester, on May the 5th as part of the Serendipity festival.
- Laura Proudfoot has been appointed to the Board of Directors at the MGA Academy Of Performing Arts.
- Kevin McKenzie announced his retirement as Artistic Director of the American Ballet Theatre at the end of 2022.
- Jonathan O Boyle was appointed to the role of Director Of The School Of Musical Theatre at Arts Ed, London.
Online Dance Classes
- Bethany Kingsley-Garner is part of the star line-up of dancers teaching at the Dance Forward Easter classes on Sundays in April. For details and booking visit: www.danceforward.co.uk
- Michael & Jowita, the winners of BBC1’s “The Greatest Dancer“, have a special Easter VIP package of online classes. You can contact them on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amy Ireland is doing a Contemporary Jazz workshop on the 15th of April from 4.00- 5.15pm on Zoom for £3.
- Valentina Dolci & Philip Joel are offering an online Easter workshop on Saturday the 3rd of April covering Lyrical Jazz and Theatre Jazz. 1 class is £7 or both classes for £10. To book contact: Valentina.email@example.com
- Collette Guitart, the star of “Six”, is teaching a Choreo class on Saturday the 3rd of April from 1.00 – 2.00pm for £5. Contact Collette via her Instagram page.
Film And Video
- Samantha Banks & Ramin Karimloo will star in “Tomorrow Morning” the new musical film.
- We spotted India Hope in the latest Becky Hall music video “Last Time“. The contract was with the AJK Agency.
- We spotted Devon Young, Kirubel Belay, Tyson Simon, Busola Peters & Jevan Howard Jones dancing for Laura Mvula on The Graham Norton Show. The contract was with Suzette Brisset Creatives.
So that is the news this week from the team at Dincwear Dancewear. It seems that the UK is on track to fully lift all the restrictions by the end of July – and the dance world is actively preparing to get back to normal.
That is all for this week from the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.