Matthew Bourne’s Nutcracker! New Adventures
7 December 2021 – 30 January 2022
The sweetest of all Matthew Bourne’s Christmas treats returns to London for a limited season at Sadler’s Wells Theatre. It’s a Nutcracker! like no other, adored by critics and audiences alike. With family-sized helpings of Bourne’s trademark wit, pathos, and magical fantasy, Nutcracker! follows Clara’s bittersweet journey from a darkly comic Christmas Eve at Dr. Dross’ Orphanage, through a shimmering, ice-skating winter wonderland to the scrumptious candy kingdom of Sweetieland, influenced by the lavish Hollywood musicals of the 1930’s.
Strictly Come Dancing 2021: week two
Nina and Neil take to the floor for their final dance, to ‘Don’t Leave Me This Way’ by Harold Melvin. We miss the end of the show pile-on and hugging. Covid is rubbish!
As the recovery in the dance industry continues, we are beginning to see more job opportunities for Pro dancers appear – some of which we have listed below, along with the rest of the week’s Dincwear Dancewear news that will be of interest.
General News & Sighting
- A consultation into the use of vaccine passports at live venues in England and Wales has been launched by the Government. Mandatory certification could come into force under the Government’s Plan B – if Covid cases overwhelm the NHS this Winter.
- Theatres and performance venues in Northern Ireland are now allowed to play to full capacity audiences.
- The first couple to be eliminated from Strictly were Neil Jones & Nina Wadia. The Pro dance was choreographed by Jason Gilkinson.
- The full cast was revealed for “The Wiz” revival at the Hope Mill Theatre. Cherelle Williams will play Dorothy. The choreographer is Leah Hill. Performances begin on the 24th of November and run through to the 16th of January 2022.
- Complete casting was given for the UK tour of “White Christmas”. The show will star Sheila Ferguson and will open on the 28th of October at Woking.
- Casting has been unveiled for the London transfer of “Little Women” to the Park Theatre in North London. The show will run from the 11th of November until the 19th of December. The choreography is by Sarah Golding.
- “Beauty And The Beast” extends its UK tour until the 4th of June 2022.
- “The Prince Of Egypt” will end its run in London on the 8th of January 2022.
- Dame Arlene Phillips will be appearing on this year’s “I’m A Celebrity…”.
- The October edition of the “Dancing Times” was published this week. The Dancer Of The Month is Emily Suzuki of the English National Ballet.
- Andrew Lloyd Weber says that his production of “Cinderella” will “open by late Summer next year” on Broadway in America.
Future Dance News
- Strictly winner Joanne Clifton will be joining the cast of “Jack And The Beanstalk” in Marlowe this Christmas.
- “Saturday Night Fever” will return to the Peacock Theatre in London from the 1st of February until the 26th of March 2022. The choreographer will be Bill Deamer.
- “Six – The Musical” announced its first sing-along performance at the Vaudeville Theatre on Sunday the 23rd of January 2022 at 7.00 pm.
- Strictly star Neil Jones announced his “Gingerland” tour for March and April 2022.
- Headliners Theatre Company is looking for Pro dancers to work for P&O and Cunard. Auditions will be held in London on the 25th – 27th of October and in Manchester on the 29th of October. Pre-registration closes on the 17th of October.
- Pearson Casting is casting for the “Six – The Musical” tour of the UK, which commences in March 2022. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Birmingham Ceremonies is looking for pro dancers for both the opening and the closing ceremonies of the Birmingham Commonwealth Games next year.
- Dance Affinity are looking for a Dance Teacher to join them in Nottingham, working Mondays & Saturdays to begin with, on a self-employed basis. For more information : email@example.com
- Scottish Dance Theatre is looking for a Head Of Production. Visit the company website for further details.
- West End show “Hamilton” is advertising for dancers. Auditions will be held in London – beginning in October and finishing in January 2022. Rehearsals will start on the 4th of April 2022. For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Dance Teacher is required by DSP Performing Arts for Saturdays during Term time. See the company website for details.
- 2Faced Dance Company is looking for a male dancer to join the company from January 2022. Auditions will be over the weekend of the 30th/31st of October at the company’s base in Hereford. Apply by the 17th of October.
- Akoma Asa Arts are looking for Dance Teachers. For more information, visit the company website.
- Blenheim Palace is looking for dancers to interact with audiences in the “Story Of The Nutcracker” indoor Christmas Experience (£150 per day). Performances start on the 18th of November. The rehearsal is on the 15th of November. See the Blenheim Palace website for more details.
- Christina Andrea is launching her “Iniative” programme for Pro dancers on the 4th of October. For more information: email@example.com.
- Katie Deacon has an Advanced / Pro Ballet Class starting at the Pineapple Dance Studios on the week beginning the 18th of October. The class will be on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 1.30pm.
- Burn Nation has an online dance class with Robbie Kmetoni on the 14th of October at 9.00am UK time.
- Erica Mulkern has a “Suzy Homemaker” dance workshop on the 7th of December from 11.00 – 1.15pm at the Drama Studio in Sheffield.
- Redbox Dance have a Dance Day with Brendon Hansford & Li Li Hodge on Saturday the 20th of November at Somers Town Community Sports Centre. Contact Redbox Dance for further details.
- Lauren Gore has her “Tappercise Class” every other Monday at the Holy Trinity Church, London NR21, from 7.30 – 8.15pm for £6 per class. Contact Lauren for further details.
- Adam Garcia is doing a series of Tap classes with LaVolta events: the 31st Of October (Kent), the 7th of November (Manchester), the 5th of December (Hull), & the 12th of December (Doncaster).
- Christabelle Field is teaching a Latin Jazz class at the Base Dance Studio on Thursdays from 1.00 – 2.30pm for £9.
- Rachel Baker is holding an advanced dance class on Wednesdays from 5.30 – 7.00pm at the Pearl Shaw Performing Arts Studio for £8.50.
- Louise Barton has a Commercial Dance class at the Pineapple Dance Studios every Friday from 1.45 – 3.15pm.
- Nafisah Baba offers a dance class at Dreamworks, London, every Wednesday from 5.30 – 7.00pm.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 2.15 – 3.15pm & Wednesday from 7.45 – 8.45pm. There is also a class at Base Studios on Thursday from 1.00 – 2.25pm.
- Dollie Henry offers a weekly Jazz class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Sundays from 4.15 – 5.45pm.
- Michael & Jowita, the winners of “The Greatest Dancer”, are offering a Beginners Adult Latin/Ballroom class at their Michael & Jowita Dance Studio on Saturday from 3.15 -4.14pm. The Studio is in Ealing, London.
Film And Video
- A new trailer was posted for “Tick, Tick, Boom”, the new film by Lin-Manuel Miranda, starring Vanessa Hudgens & Andrew Garfield.
- “Marbleface”, the new dance film from Yasmin Mello Cabrera, will premiere on the 23rd of October at the Gater Lane Theatre.
- Kendrick Lamar, Eminem, Mary J Blige, Snoop Dog & Dr Dre will perform at the Super Bowl Halftime Show in 2022.
- We spotted Becky Hicks performing with Rita Ora in Paris.
- We spotted Jordan Bakewell dancing for Iceland Foods at the M & S Bank Arena. The choreography was by David Wood.
We will continue to monitor the news closely, particularly with regard to job opportunities for Pro dancers, and the team at Dincwear Dancewearwill report back to you at the same time next week.
View Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
DINCWEAR’S NEW COLLECTION IS NOW ON SALE!
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.