Global Citizen Live
Ed Sheeran, Jennifer Lopez, and Meghan were among the star-studded line-up at a worldwide music event raising awareness of poverty.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex urged people to “do what is necessary to end this pandemic” as they addressed a crowd of some 60,000 people at the New York concert – with performances also taking place in London, Sydney, Los Angeles, Lagos, and Mumbai.
In the UK we had the first Strictly live show and in the US, “Moulin Rouge” was the clear winner at the annual Tony awards.
Here is the rest of the week’s news from Dincwear Dancewear, that will interest all Dancers & Professionals.
General News & Sighting
- The theatre and live events industy warned that the impending increase in VAT on tickets from 5% to 15% will damage its revival.
- The new series of Strictly began with AJ Odudu & Kai Widdrington topping the first week leaderboard. The Pro dance was choreographed by Jason Gilkinson. The day after the show it was revealed that Tom Fletcher & Amy Dowden had tested positive for Covid. They will get a bye through to week 3.
- “The Last Five Years” opened at the Garrick Theatre in London’s West End. It stars Oli Higginson & Molly Lynch. The choreography is by Sam Spencer-Lane.
- ” & Juliet” re-opens in the West End and extends it’s run until June 2022. The choreography is by Jennifer Weber.
- “Back To The Future” has extended its West End run until the 3rd of July 2022.
- Sutton Foster & Felicity Kendal are leaving “Anything Goes” and being replaced by Rachel York & Haydn Gwynne.
- Dance International Glasgow returns from the 1st of October until the 23rd of October.
- The cast from “Bat Out Of Hell” are doing a one-off gig for charity on Thursday at 10.45 at 253 Deansgate Mews, Manchester. All proceeds will go to the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital. Tickets are £10.
- In Hollywood, 2 of the biggest talent agencies, CAA & ICM Partners, are to join forces reducing the big 4 agencies to the big 3.
- In America, the 1st preview of “Jesus Christ Superstar” takes place in Portland tomorrow.
Future Dance News
- A one-off performance of “Sunset Boulevard” will take place on the 3rd of December at The Royal Albert Hall. It will star Zizi Strallen, Mazz Murray & Ramin Karimloo. The choreography is by Joanna Goodwin.
- Sergei Polunin has “An Evening Of Dance And Conversation” at the London Palladium on the 15th of October.
- Matt Terry, the X-Factor winner, will join the UK tour of “Rock Of Ages” next year as Stacee Jaxx.
- Will Smith, the Hollywood star, is bringing his show “Will: An Evening Of Stories With Friends” to the Savoy Theatre in London on the 18th of November.
- “Ballet Nights” will take place on the 23rd of October at The Lanterns Studio Theatre, London. It will star Constance Devernay & Barnaby Rook Bishop. Tickets are available on : www.balletnights.com
- The full cast has been announced for “The War Of The Worlds” which will star Kevin Clifton and open in March 2022.
- Chris Whittaker will choreograph “Anastasia” for the Tampere Theatre in Finland. This production will open in September 2022.
- Dance Affinity are looking for a Dance Teacher to join them in Nottingham, working Mondays & Saturdays to begin with, on a self-employed basis. For more information : email@example.com
- Scottish Dance Theatre is looking for a Head Of Production. Visit the company website for further details.
- West End show “Hamilton” is advertising for dancers. Auditions will be held in London – beginning in October and finishing in January 2022. Rehearsals will start on the 4th of April 2022. For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Dance Teacher is required by DSP Performing Arts for Saturdays during Term time. See the company website for details.
- 2Faced Dance Company is looking for a male dancer to join the company from January 2022. Auditions will be over the weekend of the 30th/31st of October at the company’s base in Hereford. Apply by the 17th of October.
- Akoma Asa Arts are looking for Dance Teachers. For more information, visit the company website.
- Blenheim Palace is looking for dancers to interact with audiences in the “Story Of The Nutcracker” indoor Christmas Experience (£150 per day). Performances start on the 18th of November. The rehearsal is on the 15th of November. See the Blenheim Palace website for more details.
- Christina Andrea is launching her “Iniative” programme for Pro dancers on the 4th of October. For more information: email@example.com.
- Katie Deacon has an Advanced / Pro Ballet Class starting at the Pineapple Dance Studios on the week beginning the 18th of October. The class will be on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 1.30pm.
- Burn Nation has an online dance class with Robbie Kmetoni on the 14th of October at 9.00am UK time.
- Erica Mulkern has a “Suzy Homemaker” dance workshop on the 7th of December from 11.00 – 1.15pm at the Drama Studio in Sheffield.
- Redbox Dance have a Dance Day with Brendon Hansford & Li Li Hodge on Saturday the 20th of November at Somers Town Community Sports Centre. Contact Redbox Dance for further details.
- Lauren Gore has her “Tappercise Class” every other Monday at the Holy Trinity Church, London NR21, from 7.30 – 8.15pm for £6 per class. Contact Lauren for further details.
- Adam Garcia is doing a series of Tap classes with LaVolta events: the 31st Of October (Kent), the 7th of November (Manchester), the 5th of December (Hull), & the 12th of December (Doncaster).
- Christabelle Field is teaching a Latin Jazz class at the Base Dance Studio on Thursdays from 1.00 – 2.30pm for £9.
- Rachel Baker is holding an advanced dance class on Wednesdays from 5.30 – 7.00pm at the Pearl Shaw Performing Arts Studio for £8.50.
- Louise Barton has a Commercial Dance class at the Pineapple Dance Studios every Friday from 1.45 – 3.15pm.
- Nafisah Baba offers a dance class at Dreamworks, London, every Wednesday from 5.30 – 7.00pm.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 2.15 – 3.15pm & Wednesday from 7.45 – 8.45pm. There is also a class at Base Studios on Thursday from 1.00 – 2.25pm.
- Dollie Henry offers a weekly Jazz class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Sundays from 4.15 – 5.45pm.
- Michael & Jowita, the winners of “The Greatest Dancer”, are offering a Beginners Adult Latin/Ballroom class at their Michael & Jowita Dance Studio on Saturday from 3.15 -4.14pm. The Studio is in Ealing, London.
Film And Video
- At the 74th annual Tony Awards in the States, “Moulin Rouge” took home 10 awards including the coveted “Best Musical” award. Sonya Tayeh won the Best Choreography award for her work on “Moulin Rouge”.
- We spotted Tash Sutlieff dancing in “Illusion: Impossible”.
- We spotted Bex Leung in the latest adverts for Mountain Warehouse and Grundig.
So the world of live performance appears to be continuing its recovery from the devastating effects of the pandemic. The team at Dincwear Dancewear will continue to watch events closely and report back next Tuesday.
View Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
DINCWEAR’S NEW COLLECTION IS NOW ON SALE!
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.