Strictly Movie Week Opening Dance!
Professional dancers Kai Widdrington and Johannes Radebe stunned viewers as they performed together in the opening group dance on the “Movie Week” show to a Bridgerton-themed number – an all same-sex couples routine, the first in Strictly history.
Strictly Come Dancing 2021: week three
Coronation Street Actress Katie McGlynn and her partner Gorka Marquez became the second couple to be eliminated from the competition, following a dance-off against comedian Judi Love and her partner Graziano Di Prima
A Theatre Fan put out a rumour this week that there was going to be a London production of “Legally Blonde”. So the rest of the week saw most performers announcing their availability for it on Twitter!
Here is the rest of the week’s Dincwear Dancewear news that will be of interest.
General News & Sighting
- Dancers and other artists returning or travelling to England or Scotland will be exempt from self-isolation upon arrival after the Government re-introduced an exemption scheme for art professionals.
- The second live show of “Strictly” saw the departure of Gorka & Katie. The Pro dance on Saturday was choreographed by Jason Gilkinson and saw Johannes & Kai as the two male leads. The Pro dance on Sunday featured new Pro dancer Jowita and was choreographed by Lizzie Gough & Tommy Franzen.
- Tobias Ellehammer was a guest choreographer on “Strictly” for Rhys & Nancy. Their “Spiderman” routine resulted in the first 10 of the series.
- The full cast was revealed for “The Choir Of Man”. It will open on the 29th of October at the Arts Theatre, London. The choreography is by Freddie Huddleston.
- “Pride And Prejudice” is set to open in the West End at the Criterion Theatre. The choreography is by Emily-Jane Boyle.
- “Tina – The Tina Turner Musical” has extended its West End run through to December 2022 at The Aldwych Theatre. The choreography is by Anthony van Laast.
- Christian Storm of the Mass Movement Agency won the contract to deliver a pre-match spectacle for the UEFA Nations League Finals.
- In L.A, you will need proof of Covid vaccination to enter restaurants, cinemas and Theatres – as well as Gyms & Fitness clubs.
* A special mention to the 12 members of “The Prince Of Egypt” cast who are running the Royal Parks Half Marathon for The Evelina London Children’s Hospital.
Future Dance News
- The Thursford Christmas Show will return this year from the 9th of November through to the 23rd of December with a cast of 130 performers. The choreography is by Tracey Lliffe.
- The Pro dancers on the Steps Tour began rehearsals this week. The contract was with Mass Movement and the choreographer is Mark Jennings.
- Strictly stars Janette & Aljaz announced the dates for their forthcoming “Remembering The Oscars” tour.
Auditions & Appointments
- AMCK are looking for Pro dancers for an upcoming Awards Show. Follow the link in it’s Instagram Bio to register and submit.
- Headliners Theatre Company are looking for Pro dancers to work for P&O and Cunard. Auditions will be held in London on the 25th – 27th of October and in Manchester on the 29th of October. Pre-registration closes on the 17th of October.
- Pearson Casting are casting for the “Six – The Musical” tour of the UK, which commences in March 2022. Email: email@example.com for more details.
- Birmingham Ceremonies is looking for pro dancers for both the opening and the closing ceremonies of the Birmingham Commonwealth Games next year.
- Dance Affinity are looking for a Dance Teacher to join them in Nottingham, working Mondays & Saturdays to begin with, on a self-employed basis. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scottish Dance Theatre is looking for a Head Of Production. Visit the company website for further details.
- West End show “Hamilton” is advertising for dancers. Auditions will be held in London – beginning in October and finishing in January 2022. Rehearsals will start on the 4th of April 2022. For more information contact: email@example.com
- A Dance Teacher is required by DSP Performing Arts for Saturdays during Term time. See the company website for details.
- 2Faced Dance Company is looking for a male dancer to join the company from January 2022. Auditions will be over the weekend of the 30th/31st of October at the company’s base in Hereford. Apply by the 17th of October.
- Akoma Asa Arts are looking for Dance Teachers. For more information, visit the company website.
- Blenheim Palace is looking for dancers to interact with audiences in the “Story Of The Nutcracker” indoor Christmas Experience (£150 per day). Performances start on the 18th of November. The rehearsal is on the 15th of November. See the Blenheim Palace website for more details.
- Amber Sinclair-Case has begun a 12-month contract as Resident Director of both the UK tour and the West End production of “Six – The Musical”.
- Gareth Walker is teaching a Commercial Jazz dance class at the Pineapple Studios every Tuesday at 3.15pm.
- Ombracuradance have a weekly Hip Hop /Experimental dance class at The Base Studios on Mondays at 20.30 – 21.55pm
- Katie Deacon has an Advanced / Pro Ballet Class starting at the Pineapple Dance Studios on the week beginning the 18th of October. The class will be on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 1.30pm.
- Burn Nation has an online dance class with Robbie Kmetoni on the 14th of October at 9.00am UK time.
- Erica Mulkern has a “Suzy Homemaker” dance workshop on the 7th of December from 11.00 – 1.15pm at the Drama Studio in Sheffield.
- Redbox Dance have a Dance Day with Brendon Hansford & Li Li Hodge on Saturday the 20th of November at Somers Town Community Sports Centre. Contact Redbox Dance for further details.
- Lauren Gore has her “Tappercise Class” every other Monday at the Holy Trinity Church, London NR21, from 7.30 – 8.15pm for £6 per class. Contact Lauren for further details.
- Adam Garcia is doing a series of Tap classes with LaVolta events: the 31st Of October (Kent), the 7th of November (Manchester), the 5th of December (Hull), & the 12th of December (Doncaster).
- Christabelle Field is teaching a Latin Jazz class at the Base Dance Studio on Thursdays from 1.00 – 2.30pm for £9.
- Rachel Baker is holding an advanced dance class on Wednesdays from 5.30 – 7.00pm at the Pearl Shaw Performing Arts Studio for £8.50.
- Louise Barton has a Commercial Dance class at the Pineapple Dance Studios every Friday from 1.45 – 3.15pm.
- Nafisah Baba offers a dance class at Dreamworks, London, every Wednesday from 5.30 – 7.00pm.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 2.15 – 3.15pm & Wednesday from 7.45 – 8.45pm. There is also a class at Base Studios on Thursday from 1.00 – 2.25pm.
- Dollie Henry offers a weekly Jazz class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Sundays from 4.15 – 5.45pm.
- Michael & Jowita, the winners of “The Greatest Dancer”, are offering a full range of dance classes at their Studio in Ealing, London.
Film And Video
- “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” will be broadcast from the Peacock Theatre in London to over 500 cinemas across the UK and Europe on the 28th of October. The choreography is by Nathan M Wright.
- The hit musical revival of “Anything Goes” will be presented in cinemas on the 28th of November and the 1st of December.
- Andrew Lloyd Webber says that the “Sunset Boulevard” movie project has stalled with Paramount not wanting to move ahead.
- We spotted Helena Keane in the new BBC1 drama “Ridley Road”.
- We spotted Tasmin Thorneycroft & Rianne Quintyn in Joy Crooke’s music video for “Feet Don’t Fail Me Now”.
- We spotted Charlotte Bazeley in the latest advert for Currys.
We continue to see more opportunities for Pro dancers as tours, live performance venues, and theatres start up again. The team at Dincwear Dancewear will report back to you at the same time next week.
View The Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
DINCWEAR’S NEW COLLECTION IS NOW ON SALE!
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.