There is not a huge amount going on during the lockdown dance wise, but the team at Dincwear Dancewear spotted several items of interest for pro dancers.
- Netflix announced that it will make another season of “Bridgerton”, with Anthony Bridgerton taking centre stage. We trust that there will again be a lot of dance scenes.
- “Strictly” double champion Oti Mabuse has teamed up with fellow “Strictly” star Karen Hauer to provide online dance classes for both kids and adults during the lockdown. These will be streamed on Oti’s Dance Studio Facebook page.
- Chet Walker, who is directing and choreographing “La Cage” for the Opera House in Toulon in 2022, is looking to recruit some pro dancers for the project.
Future Dance News
- Northern Ballet announced that they will be putting on “Dangerous Liaisons” at the Sheffield Lyceum Theatre from 15th – 19th of June.
- On January 28th Sadlers Well’s are screening a “Day Of Dance” in conjunction with BBC Arts, starring many leading dance artists such as Akram Khan, Boy Blue, ENB, Sir Matt Bourne’s New Adventures Company, Natalia Osipova, The Northern Ballet and Rambert.
- On Friday 29th January at 7.00, the Royal Opera House will stream Frederick Ashton’s production of “La Fille Mal Gardee” with The Royal Ballet.
- Lucy Dusgate has been appointed as the new Relationship Director for the Leeds Dance Partnership.
Film & Videos
- We spotted Sammi Lee Jayne in the new Shakka video alongside Randall Watson and Jaron Johnson.
- The Guardian newspaper released its list of the 5 best short dance films to watch online:
1/ Cathy Marsden: “Drift”.
2/ Pointe Black
4/ The National Dance Company Wales: “Weave”
5/ Unboxed: “Our Animal Kingdom”.
In a way, we are glad that there is not much dance news to report as it means that the dance community is doing its bit to combat the virus. We will update you with any further news next week. Please keep safe and be patient.
This post is by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.