There is obviously not a great deal of dance news during the current full lockdown, but we did our best; The Dincwear Dancewear Team spotted a few things:
- “Strictly” star Dianne Buswell was on the BBC1 “The One Show” to discuss her latest podcast: “Di’s Salon”.
- London Studio Centre announced the creation of its Teneisha Bonner Scholarship – “to be awarded to a dancer from the African and Black Diaspora”.
- Sir Matt Bourne’s New Adventures Company started a 7 week “Winter Dance & Fitness” programme.
- It was announced that Ellen Kane will be choreographing the new film of “Matilda The Musical”.
- The death of Sir Robert Cohan was announced. Sir Robert was the founder and first Artistic Director of the London Contemporary Dance School. He was 95.
Future Dance News
- The BOP Jazz Theatre Company announced a new dance work in development called “Through The Eyes Of Woman”. This will be choreographed by Dollie Henry.
- Michael & Jowita, winners of BBC1’s “The Greatest Dancer”, are doing a free virtual Salsa class for “Get Moving Week” with the Royal Voluntary Service on the 20th January at 11.00.
- Beth Ackroyd was appointed Associate Lecturer in Dance at the University of Lincoln.
Film & Videos
- Sir Matt Bourne will unveil the new film of his 1988 ballet “Spitfire” with an all-star line up of Dommy North, Glenn Graham, Liam Mower, Andy Monaghan, Will Bozier & Harrison Dowzell. This will be shown as part of the “Dancing Nation” series on BBC iPlayer from Sadlers Wells on January the 28th.
To all Our Subscribers a Goodbye and Stay Safe, and looking forward to meeting up with more Dance News Next Week.
This post is by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.