STRICTLY Come Dancing is returning for its 19th series with some of the biggest names in television – and it’s set to be fab-u-lous.
Fans of the hit BBC One show have been patiently waiting to find out which stars are taking the cha-cha-chance to learn how to dance.
View The Stars Who Wear Dincwear Dancewear
With recent studies showing that it is safe to go and watch a show, theatres are beginning to see the return of full audiences. Here is this week’s news that may be of interest to pro dancers from the team at Dincwear Dancewear.
General News & Sighting
- Further results from the Government’s covid pilot scheme show that mass events “can be conducted safely” – with few cases, if any, detected among audiences that had attended several theatre pilots.
- Strictly star Oti Mabuse will be a guest judge on the next series of “Drag Race UK”.
- The full cast has been revealed for the “Bat Out Of Hell” 2021 UK & Ireland tour. It will star Glenn Adamson & Martha Kirby and begin on the 11th of September in Manchester.
- Tickets are now on sale for “Starstruck” – the Scottish Ballet’s production of Gene Kelly’s “Pas de Dieux”.
- The lineup for this year’s “West End Live” has been revealed. It will be photographed by Roy Tan.
- The Strictly Pro Dancers have entered the Strictly “bubble” for this year’s series.
- “Can You Dance” will be in Norwich this Sunday.
- “Pretty Woman” star Kimberly Blake was proposed to by her partner, David, during the curtain call.
Future Dance News
- Phoenix Dance will hold a 40th Birthday Celebration Gala in December at the Leeds Playhouse – featuring Ballet Black & Northern Ballet among others.
- The Place, London, has a festival of Korean Dance from the 17th of September until the 24th of September.
- “Magic Mike Live” starring Hannah Cleeve has been extended at the London Hippodrome until the 26th of June 2022.
- The Chantry Dance Company will be performing “The Little Mermaid” at the New Theatre Royal, Lincoln, on the 6th of October at 7.30 pm.
- The Birmingham International Dance Festival is back this year from the 21st of September until the 3rd of October.
Appointments and Auditions
- Autin Dance Theatre, the Birmingham-based dance company, is looking for pro dancers to teach youngsters in school from September this year at £125 a day on Fridays. Training is on the 6th & 7th of September (paid at £100 per day). Contact Autin Dance for further details.
- Bellissimo Angels have an open call for pro dancers on Thursday the 26th of August at 10.00 am. For further details: email@example.com
- Tony Mills has been appointed Artistic Director of Dance Base in Scotland, taking over from Morag Deyes MBE.
- Dr. Angela Pickard has been promoted to Professor of Dance Education at Canterbury Christ Church University.
- Burn Nation are doing an online Masterclass with Jason Gilkinson, the choreographer for Strictly, on the 18th of September at 12.00pm UK time.
- Nadine Kennedy Wood has a dance class at Pineapple Studios on Friday the 27th of August from 1.00 – 3.00 pm for £12. You can book on the Pineapple Studios App.
- Kimberley Collins is doing a Heels Class on Saturday the 28th of August from 3.00 – 5.00 pm at Base Studio for £12.
- Christabelle Field is teaching a Latin Jazz class at the Base Dance Studio on Thursdays from 1.00 – 2.30 pm for £9.
- Perform Like A Pro have an end of Summer Intensive Dance Course at Base Studios on the 26 / 27th of August from 10.00 – 3.00 pm (4 classes per day). Teachers include Nadine Kennedy Wood & Jo Goodwin. For further details email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachel Baker is holding an advanced dance class on Wednesdays from 5.30 – 7.00 pm at the Pearl Shaw Performing Arts Studio for £8.50.
- Louise Barton has a Commercial Dance class at the Pineapple Dance Studios every Friday from 1.45 – 3.15 pm.
- Stacey Monahan is teaching a “Carousel” dance class at the Hub Studios in London on Saturday the 4th of September from 4.30 – 6.00 pm for £9.
- Nafisah Baba offers a dance class at Dreamworks, London, every Wednesday from 5.30 – 7.00 pm.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Li Li Hodge is doing an intermediate/advanced heels class on Monday evenings at 8.45 pm. Further information is in Li Li’s Instagram Bio.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 2.15 – 3.15 pm & Wednesday from 7.45 – 8.45 pm. There is also a class at Base Studios on Thursday from 1.00 – 2.25 pm.
- Dollie Henry offers a weekly Jazz class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Sundays from 4.00 – 5.30 pm.
Film And Video
- Adam Garcia & Victoria Justice star in “Afterlife Of The Party” which is out on Netflix on the 2nd of September.
- “Whoever You Are” a new dance film by Javier de Frutos, has been selected for the Venice Shorts 2021 Film Festival. It stars Rae Piper & Paul Chantry.
- We spotted Vidya Patel in the new film “Trinity”.
- We spotted Will West in the new Clean Bandit & Topic featuring Wes Nelson music video “Drive”.
- We spotted Anjula Kelly in the new music video “Bumaya” for Kenan Dogulu.
- We spotted Cruze Philip & Matthew Jones in the new advert for Maura Higgin’s range at Ann Summers.
- We spotted Ebony Clarke in the latest TFL advert.
- We spotted Dincwear Dancewear doing a photoshoot for some new items with Ashley Dean & Mica Bradbury of The Royal Ballet, with photographer Andre Uspenski.
It appears that the world of theatre and live performance is beginning to return to normal – although many covid related problems remain just below the surface. We hope that you found this week’s edition useful and we will be back next Tuesday.
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.