Strictly Come Dancing‘s four new professionals have appeared to settle into their new roles on the show as they recorded the opening dance routine.
Kai Widdrington, Nikita Kuzmin, Cameron Lombard, and Jowita Przystal have been pictured joining the slew of dazzling professionals as they rehearsed a sultry number. The newbies are set to appear on our screens in September 2021 – though it’s not yet clear if they will be partnered with celebrities this year.
View The Stars Who Wear Dincwear Dancewear
It was a fairly quiet week for dance news leading into the busy long Bank Holiday weekend of Festivals around the UK. Dincwear Dancewear spotted several Pro dancers working at the Reading and Leeds music festivals and elsewhere.
General News & Sighting
- The complete casting was revealed for “Les Miserables” return to the West End in London.
- In Scotland, performers must wear masks if they are within 1 metre of each other. Theatre producers pointed out that this would make life very difficult.
- “Frozen” opened at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane, London.
- Motionhouse will be at the Peacock Theatre, Sadlers Wells, with its new show “Nobody” from the 22nd to the 25th of September.
- The Prix de Lausanne, the International Ballet Competition, will take place from the 30th January to the 6th of February 2022.
- Andrew Lloyd Webber took out a full-page advert for his new musical “Cinderella” in the New York Times, prompting speculation that he may be planning a Broadway production.
Future Dance News
- Deja Vu Entertainment’s “Dancers Delight U18” will take place on the 11th & 12th of September.
- The Playground Theatre, London, will show “Ida Rubinstein: The Final Act” from the 23rd of September until the 16th of October. The production stars Naomi Sorkin and the choreography is by Christian Holder.
- Dance Inzane, the Scottish dance competition, will take place on the 19th of September, with Pamela Jean DiStefano as one of the judges.
Appointments and Auditions
- Birmingham-based dance company ACE is looking for a male dancer for it’s new production “Unknown Realms”. The audition date is Sunday the 19th of September. The deadline for applications is the 10th of September.
- Candocodance is seeking an experienced dancer and producer to join it’s team as Learning Artist – Producer. The deadline for applications is the 2nd of September.
- Central School Of Ballet is looking for an experienced P.A to support the Executive Director. The deadline for applications is Monday the 20th of September.
- The London Palladium is looking for Guest Experience Supervisors ( @ £13.10 per hour, 30 hours per week ). Apply by the 17th of September.
- Louise Allen has been announced as the new Executive Director of Protein Dance.
- Lowri Amelia Jackson is doing a Beginners Class from 6.00 – 7.00 pm & Heels class from 7.00 – 8.00 pm at Pineapple Dance Studios on Thursday. Book on the Pineapple App.
- Keeley Dann is running her “Sass & Soul” dance workshop on the 4th of September at the Base Studios from 10.30 – 1.00 pm.
- Burn Nation are doing an online Masterclass with Jason Gilkinson, the choreographer for Strictly, on the 18th of September at 12.00 pm UK time.
- Christabelle Field is teaching a Latin Jazz class at the Base Dance Studio on Thursdays from 1.00 – 2.30 pm for £9.
- Rachel Baker is holding an advanced dance class on Wednesdays from 5.30 – 7.00 pm at the Pearl Shaw Performing Arts Studio for £8.50.
- Louise Barton has a Commercial Dance class at the Pineapple Dance Studios every Friday from 1.45 – 3.15 pm.
- Stacey Monahan is teaching a “Carousel” dance class at the Hub Studios in London on Saturday the 4th of September from 4.30 – 6.00 pm for £9.
- Nafisah Baba offers a dance class at Dreamworks, London, every Wednesday from 5.30 – 7.00 pm.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 2.15 – 3.15 pm & Wednesday from 7.45 – 8.45 pm. There is also a class at Base Studios on Thursday from 1.00 – 2.25 pm.
- Dollie Henry offers a weekly Jazz class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Sundays from 4.00 – 5.30 pm.
Film And Video
- We spotted Jorge Antonio in Gracey’s new video for “What A Waste”. The choreography was by Sharon June and the contract was with AMCK Dance.
- We spotted Devon Young dancing at the Watchet Music Festival with Sister Sledge.
- We spotted Kate Thompson in the music video for Cheapcut’s “You Make Me Wanna Dance”.
- We spotted Chloe Ferns, Emma Rose, Megan Elizabeth & Olivia Beckford dancing with Mabel at the Reading Festival.
- We spotted Joy Duckrell, Ella Goodwin & Poppy Stribley dancing for A J Tracey at the Reading Festival. The choreographer was Amber Rimell.
- We spotted Annie Salt at Carfest 2021.
- We spotted Sophie Apollonia in the latest advert for Ikea.
It was great to see Pro dancers working at all the music festivals this weekend. The team at Dincwear Dancewear will continue to watch the news, looking for anything of interest to Pro Dancers, and report back next Tuesday.
DINCWEAR’S NEW COLLECTION IS DUE IN SOON!
Sign Up To Our Newsletter To Be Notified When They Go On Sale
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.