Choreographer Paul Roberts has been nominated for an MTV VMA Award for “Best Choreography” for his work on Harry Style’s “Trust People With Kindness” video.
View The Stars Who Wear Dincwear Dancewear
Dincwear Dancewear has been reporting on how difficult it has been for commercial theatre producers. This week, several of them have written to the Arts Council, England, warning that the theatre industry faces “imminent and grave risks” – including tours collapsing and the loss of thousands of weeks of work for artists and freelancers. In other big news for pro dancers, Stuart Bishop announced that he would be closing his Rudeye Dance Agency after 22 years.
General News & Sighting
- One of the leading Dance Agencies in the UK, Rudeye, announced that it will be closing down after 22 years.
- “Be More Chill” had to suspend performances in the West End after one member of the team tested positive for corona virus. The tour of “Heathers” also had to postpone shows for the same reason.
- “Anything Goes” has broken box office records at the Barbican Theatre and taken over £1 million since the show opened a week ago.
- Full casting has been announced for the “9 To 5” musical tour starring Louise Redknapp. The tour begins in Southampton on the 31st of August.
- Harmoni Edwards & Ella Tekere are this year’s winners of The Stage Scholarships to the Urdang Academy.
- Broadway star Laura Osnes is fired from “Crazy For You” in America for not being vaccinated.
- Erica Mulkern will be performing her show “Suzy Homemaker” at Leeds Art Gallery on Friday the 20th of August. This is a free performance.
Future Dance News
- Dax O’ Callaghan & Aston Merrygold from the Base Dance Studio revealed the cast for their new dance musical “Chase”. The Associate Choreographer is Haley Monaghan.
- The Australian Ballet has cancelled the rest of its 2021 Melbourne season “due to the uncertainty caused by ongoing restrictions”.
- The initial cast for the premiere of “Everybody’s Talking About Jamie” in America has been announced. It will star Layton Williams & Bianca Del Rio and will open at The Ahmanson Theatre in L.A. on the 16th of January 2022. The choreography is by Kate Prince.
Appointments and Auditions
- The London Cabaret Club are having an audition for Pro dancers on Monday the 23rd of August. Registration is at 9.30am.
- Eliot Smith Dance are looking for 3 Pro dancers to join the company for the creation and premiere of 2 new dance works. Further details are on the website. The deadline for applications is the 31st of August. www.eliotsmithdance.com
- The Place Theatre in London is looking for an Assistant Front Of House Manager. The deadline for applications is the 6th of September.
- IC Theatre, Brighton, is looking to employ Freelance Lecturers in Dance from September 2021.
- Suzy Klein has been appointed to the new role of Head Of Arts & Classical Music TV at the BBC.
- Central School Of Ballet has appointed Mikaela Polley as its first Artist-In-Residence, responsible for the Ballet Central Tour 2022. Kate Coyne has also been appointed to the role of Artistic Director.
- Roisin Whelan, Artistic Director of RWD Dance Company, is the recipient of the Propel Programme Award 2021/2.
- Kimberley Collins is doing a Heels Class on Saturday the 28th of August from 3.00 – 5.00 pm at Base Studio for £12.
- Christabelle Field is teaching a Latin Jazz class at the Base Dance Studio on Thursdays from 1.00 – 2.30 pm for £9.
- Tap Attack has an Intensive Tap Course on the 23rd & 24th of August. For more details contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Perform Like A Pro have an end of Summer Intensive Dance Course at Base Studios on the 26 / 27th of August from 10.00 – 3.00 pm (4 classes per day). Teachers include Nadine Kennedy Wood & Jo Goodwin. For further details email: email@example.com
- Rachel Baker is holding an advanced dance class on Wednesdays from 5.30 – 7.00 pm at the Pearl Shaw Performing Arts Studio for £8.50.
- Louise Barton has a Commercial Dance class at the Pineapple Dance Studios every Friday from 1.45 – 3.15 pm.
- Stacey Monahan is teaching a “Carousel” dance class at the Hub Studios in London on Saturday the 4th of September from 4.30 – 6.00 pm for £9.
- Nafisah Baba offers a dance class at Dreamworks, London, every Wednesday from 5.30 – 7.00 pm.
- Scarlette Ellyse is offering a Commercial dance class at Space Six, Newcastle, on Wednesdays from 6.00 – 7.00 pm for £7.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Li Li Hodge is doing an intermediate/advanced heels class on Monday evenings at 8.45 pm. Further information is in Li Li’s Instagram Bio.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 2.15 – 3.15 pm & Wednesday from 7.45 – 8.45 pm. There is also a class at Base Studios on Thursday from 1.00 – 2.30 pm.
- Dollie Henry offers a weekly Jazz class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Sundays from 4.00 – 5.30 pm.
Film And Video
- A new trailer has been released for the upcoming movie adaptation of “Everybody’s Talking About Jamie” . The film will premiere on the 17th of September on Amazon Prime.
- Strictly star Johannes Radeby will be the Movement Director on the new film “Pretty Red Dress”.
- We spotted Strictly star Karen Hauer in the latest advert for “Special K”.
- We spotted Sammi Lee Jayne, Jorgie Vaughan, Ashleigh Honeyghan & Ben Hukin dancing with KSI at the Olympic stars homecoming TV show. The choreographer was Alex Chambers and the Assistant Choreographer was Kamila Zalewska. The contract was with the Mass Movement Agency. The English National Ballet, Motionhouse & The Rambert also performed at the event.
- We spotted the Cast of Dirty Dancing perform the iconic lift scene on St John’s Square in Blackpool.
We have not seen a great amount of good news for Pro dancers this week. The team at Dincwear Dancewear will continue to monitor events and report back next week.
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.