Strictly is back!
The country’s biggest dance show made its return to Saturday night TV bringing glitter, glamour, and glorious moves back to our screens to a TV audience of just over 7 million viewers. Hosted by Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman, we saw our 15 brand new celebrities paired with their professional partners before taking to the floor for the first time in a huge group number.
Dusting off their paddles were judges Shirley Ballas, Craig Revel Horwood, and Motsi Mabuse, alongside the newest addition, Strictly’s longest-serving professional dancer Anton Du Beke.
The launch show also featured two incredible routines from the Strictly professionals, the return of reigning champion Bill Bailey and spectacular music performance from Anne Marie.
View Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
We watched many pro dancers perform this week at “West End Live”, the annual celebration of the current West End shows open in London, and it certainly looked like the industry has achieved a degree of normality.
Here is the rest of the week’s news from Dincwear Dancewear, that will interest all Dancers & Professionals.
General News & Sighting
- Individual artists in Northern Ireland are to benefit from a new £5 million Recovery Fund, designed at helping them to continue working in the arts.
- “Moulin Rouge” unveiled its complete West End cast. Jamie Bogyo will star as Christian & Liisi LaFontaine as Satine, with Simon Bailey as the Duke. The choreography is by Sonya Tayeh. Previews begin on the 12th of November.
- The Akram Khan Dance Company is back at Sadlers Wells with it’s new ballet “The Army In Creature” from the 23rd of September.
- Joanne Clifton, World Dance Champion & Strictly winner, will play Morticia in the upcoming tour of “The Addams Family”. The choreography is by Alastair David.
- Full casting has been revealed for the forthcoming “Dreamgirls” tour. It will star Nicole Raquel Dennis as Effie White and will open at the Liverpool Empire on the 14th of December.
- Millie Duniam will be the choreographer of the UK & International tour of “Michael”.
- Ainsley Ricketts has been cast as Paul San Marcoin in “A Chorus Line” which will open at the Curve Theatre in Leicester.
Future Dance News
- A brand new production of “Billy Elliot” is headed for the Curve Theatre in Leicester. It will be choreographed by Lucy Hind and will run from the 7th of July until the 14th of August 2022.
- “Starlight Express” will re-open in Bochum, Germany, on the 3rd of October, with Direction & Choreography by Dame Arlene Phillips.
- “Move It”, the annual Dance Expo, will return to London from the 11th to the 13th of March at The Excel Centre.
- Cirque de Soleil will be opening “Drawn To Life” at Disney Springs, Florida, on the 18th of November. It stars British dancer Chloe Polson Davies.
- Stephen Sondheim revealed plans for a new Broadway musical called “Square One”.
- West End show “Hamilton” is advertising for dancers. Auditions will be held in London – beginning in October and finishing in January 2022. Rehearsals will start on the 4th of April 2022. For more information contact: email@example.com
- A Dance Teacher is required by DSP Performing Arts for Saturdays during Term time. See the company website for details.
- 2Faced Dance Company is looking for a male dancer to join the company from January 2022. Auditions will be over the weekend of the 30th/31st of October at the company’s base in Hereford. Apply by the 17th of October.
- Akoma Asa Arts are looking for Dance Teachers. For more information, visit the company website.
- Blenheim Palace is looking for dancers to interact with audiences in the “Story Of The Nutcracker” indoor Christmas Experience (£150 per day). Performances start on the 18th of November. The rehearsal is on the 15th of November. See the Blenheim Palace website for more details.
- Burn Nation has an online dance class with Robbie Kmetoni on the 14th of October at 9.00am UK time.
- Erica Mulkern has a “Suzy Homemaker” dance workshop on the 7th of December from 11.00 – 1.15pm at the Drama Studio in Sheffield.
- Redbox Dance have a Dance Day with Brendon Hansford & Li Li Hodge on Saturday the 20th of November at Somers Town Community Sports Centre. Contact Redbox Dance for further details.
- Lauren Gore has her “Tappercise Class” every other Monday at the Holy Trinity Church, London NR21, from 7.30 – 8.15pm for £6 per class. Contact Lauren for further details.
- Adam Garcia is doing a series of Tap classes with LaVolta events: the 31st Of October (Kent), the 7th of November (Manchester), the 5th of December (Hull), & the 12th of December (Doncaster).
- Christabelle Field is teaching a Latin Jazz class at the Base Dance Studio on Thursdays from 1.00 – 2.30pm for £9.
- Rachel Baker is holding an advanced dance class on Wednesdays from 5.30 – 7.00pm at the Pearl Shaw Performing Arts Studio for £8.50.
- Louise Barton has a Commercial Dance class at the Pineapple Dance Studios every Friday from 1.45 – 3.15pm.
- Nafisah Baba offers a dance class at Dreamworks, London, every Wednesday from 5.30 – 7.00pm.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 2.15 – 3.15pm & Wednesday from 7.45 – 8.45pm. There is also a class at Base Studios on Thursday from 1.00 – 2.25pm.
- Dollie Henry offers a weekly Jazz class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Sundays from 4.15 – 5.45pm.
- Michael & Jowita, the winners of “The Greatest Dancer”, are offering a Beginners Adult Latin/Ballroom class at their Michael & Jowita Dance Studio on Saturday from 3.15 -4.14pm. The Studio is in Ealing, London.
Film And Video
- The new full length trailer for Stephen Speilberg’s “West Side Story” movie was released.
- We spotted Ellis Harman dancing with Janette Manrara in the new Freeman’s advert.
- We spotted Bess Noakes “Dirty Dancing” at the Henley Festival.
It appears that the live performance industry is slowly returning to normal, although it is far too early to assess the underlying damage caused by the pandemic. The team at Dincwear Dancewear will continue to follow the news and keep you updated every Tuesday.
DINCWEAR’S NEW COLLECTION IS DUE IN VERY SOON!
Sign Up To Our Newsletter To Be Notified When They Go On Sale
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.