Strictly Come Dancing returns to our screens this autumn
With a new group of celebrities taking on the challenge of learning to ballroom dance.. After having to run as a limited series last year amid lockdown, the show will return at full capacity this year, with more contestants taking part and the return of all the show’s themed weeks.
View Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
Emma Raducanu winning the U.S Open was not the only fantastic achievement of the week.
Mark Oxtoby stood in as “Doc” for the London premiere of “Back To The Future – The Musical”. According to producer Colin Ingram, Mark had never even done an understudy run in the role!
Here is the rest of the weeks news from Dincwear Dancewear that will interest Pro dancers. .
General News & Sighting
- The Government’s new insurance scheme for live events “confirms all the worst fears producers had” experts have warned – it is of limited value to theatre producers.
- Stephen Schwarz, the composer of “Wicked”, “Pippin” & “Prince Of Egypt”, states that he is “shocked and appalled at how the Government has abandoned commercial theatre”.
- Performers in Scotland will be exempt from wearing face coverings indoors – so long as they keep at least 1 metre away from the audience.
- Strictly won the NTA Award for “Best Talent Show”. The Strictly dancers have filmed the launch show for the new series which starts on Saturday.
- The Genee Gold Medal at the Margot Fonteyn Ballet Competition was awarded to Alice McArthur from New Zealand.
- Anjali Mehra will be the choreographer on the new musical “Rumi”. The show will open at the Coliseum, London, at the end of November.
- The schedule for “West End Live” has been revealed. It will be hosted by Jason Manford & Ruthie Henshall.
- Mel C of The Spice Girls will go on the U.S version of Strictly – which is “Dancing With The Stars”.
- “Hadestown” & “Waitress” have re-opened on Broadway in America. They are the 3rd & 4th shows to do so.
Future Dance News
- Suzie Curran will be choreographing “Peter Pan: An Awfully Big Musical Adventure” at the Mayflower Studios in Southampton this Autumn.
- MTS presents “A Night At The Musicals” on the 6th of December at The Customs House Theatre.
- Full casting for “Vanara – The Legend” has been revealed ahead of it’s premiere at the Hackney Empire on the 22nd of October. Eleesha Drennan is the choreographer.
- World Ballet Day returns on the 19th of October.
Appointments and Auditions
- Dance Artist Oona Doherty is looking for 12 dancers for her new work “Navy Blue”.
- Diverse Performing Arts School is looking for a fully qualified RAD Ballet Teacher who has experience in managing other teachers and can teach at Advanced Level.
- East London Dance Company have appointed Tia Hassan as it’s new Creative Director and Kate Scanlan as Chief Executive.
- Charise Logan is teaching Ballet on Friday the 17th at Base Dance Studios from 10.30 – 11.55am.
- Redbox Dance have a Dance Day with Brendon Hansford & Li Li Hodge on Saturday the 20th of November at Somers Town Community Sports Centre. Contact Redbox Dance for further details.
- Lauren Gore has her “Tappercise Class” every other Monday at the Holy Trinity Church, London NR21, from 7.30 – 8.15pm for £6 per class. Contact Lauren for further details.
- Adam Garcia is doing a series of Tap classes with LaVolta events: the 31st Of October (Kent), the 7th of November (Manchester), the 5th of December (Hull), & the 12th of December (Doncaster).
- Burn Nation are doing an online Masterclass with Jason Gilkinson, the choreographer for Strictly, on the 18th of September at 12.00pm UK time.
- Christabelle Field is teaching a Latin Jazz class at the Base Dance Studio on Thursdays from 1.00 – 2.30pm for £9.
- Rachel Baker is holding an advanced dance class on Wednesdays from 5.30 – 7.00pm at the Pearl Shaw Performing Arts Studio for £8.50.
- Louise Barton has a Commercial Dance class at the Pineapple Dance Studios every Friday from 1.45 – 3.15pm.
- Nafisah Baba offers a dance class at Dreamworks, London, every Wednesday from 5.30 – 7.00pm.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 2.15 – 3.15pm & Wednesday from 7.45 – 8.45pm. There is also a class at Base Studios on Thursday from 1.00 – 2.25pm.
- Dollie Henry offers a weekly Jazz class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Sundays from 4.00 – 5.30pm.
- Michael & Jowita, the winners of “The Greatest Dancer” are offering a Beginners Adult Latin/Ballroom class at their Michael & Jowita Dance Studio on Saturday from 3.15 -4.14pm. The Studio is in Ealing, London.
Film And Video
- Paul Roberts won the VMA Award for Best Choreography for his work on Harry Style’s video “Treat People With Kindness”.
- “Whoever You Are”, the new dance film by Javier De Frutos, won 3 Awards at the L.A International Film Festival. The film stars Rae Piper & Paul Chantry.
- London saw the premiere of “Everyone’s Talking About Jamie” which will be available on Amazon Prime from Friday. We spotted Emily Kenwright & Austyn Farrell at the premiere.
- We spotted Sophie Hind performing on the opening number at the NTA with HRVY & Janette Manrara.
- We spotted Charlie Tatman in the new video for Liam Payne’s “Sunshine”.
- We spotted Erin Jardine dancing with Hollywood star Chris Hemsworth at “The World’s Greatest Show” at Dubai’s Expo.
As mentioned ealier, It is nearly the “Strictly Season” and all that goes with it. The team at Dincwear Dancewear will keep scanning all the dance news and report back again on Tuesday.
DINCWEAR’S NEW COLLECTION IS DUE IN VERY SOON!
Sign Up To Our Newsletter To Be Notified When They Go On Sale
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.