It was fantastic to read all the posts and tweets about getting back to the dance studios and theatres yesterday. This is a summary of the weekly Dincwear Dancewear news that may be of interest to pro dancers.
- Sutton Foster is heading to the West End, London, this summer to play the role of Reno Sweeney in “Anything Goes” at the Barbican Theatre.
- The full cast was announced for the West End return of “The Lion King“. Kayi Ushe will play Simba.
- “Be More Chill” will open at the Shaftsbury Theatre in June. It will run from the 30th of June until the 5th of September before “& Juliet” returns to the venue.
- The hit musical “Come From Away” re-opens in the West End on July the 22nd at the Phoenix Theatre.
- The Royal Ballet is back on stage in Covent Garden with “21st Century Choreographers” from the 18th – 30th of May.
- Chantry Dance is performing its new ballet “The Imprisoned Moon” on May the 29th & 30th in Grantham and Bourne. Tickets are free but must be booked due to covid regulations and limits.
- Gabby Cocca will be the dance captain of the new production of “Anything Goes“.
- Ian Waite announced his retirement from “It Takes Two” – the sister show of “Strictly Come Dancing“, to focus on his Fitsteps business and the forthcoming tour of “The Ballroom Boys” with Vincent Simone.
- Anjali Mehra will be the Movement Director on “As You Like It” for the Watermill Theatre this summer.
Stop Press – The 2021 UK tour of “Strictly Come Dancing – The Professionals” has been postponed to 2022.
Future Dance News
- The Zoo Nation production of “Message In A Bottle” will return to the Peacock Theatre from the 29th of September until the 17th of October.
- The Phoenix Dance Theatre, Leeds, will present a double bill of works by Leonard Bernstein, beginning at Leeds Grand Theatre before touring.
- It was announced that a new theatre is to be built in London – the New Olympic Theatre. The 1575 seat venue plans to open in 2025.
- The English National Ballet School has initiated a new young choreographers showcase to take place each summer.
- Paris Green will be the Associate Choreographer of the German production of “Wicked“.
- Rosie Kay Dance Company added Nick Addyman and Joyce Gyimah to its Board of Directors.
- Pineapple Dance Studios re-opened with over 100 dance teachers and 40 styles of dance – from dance beginner to pro.
- The Oti Mabuse Dance Studio is holding a “Back 2 Life” weekend on Saturday the 22nd & Sunday the 23rd of May.
- Dollie Henry gives her Jazz Dance class on June the 19th.This is aimed at pro dancers, graduate and students, to share their love of jazz dance. This is an online event. There is further information on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Burn Nation, the online division of Burn The Floor, have introduced online fitness classes hosted by its company dance stars. Visit the Burn Nation website.
- Lizzie McConachie starts a weekly dance class for the Headnod Talent Agency on Thursdays from 4.30 – 6.00 at Pineapple Dance Studios.
- For our American readers, Brian Friedman is doing a master class in LA on May the 27th at the Millenium Dance Complex.
Film And Video
- Adam Murray won an award for his work on “Rocketman” at the World Choreography Awards.
- Further casting was announced and filming began on “Tomorrow Morning” – the new musical film starring Samantha Barks & Ramin Karimloo, directed by Nick Winston.
- We spotted Lydia Snook, Demi Rox, Li Li Hodge, Ed Munro & Sammi Lee Jayne performing with Dua Lipa at “The Brit Awards“. The contract was with AMCK dance.
- We spotted Charlotte Anderson & Emma Rose performing with Headie One at “The Brit Awards“.
It is interesting to note that many of the shows that have re-opened or are about to open, were either actually playing before the pandemic hit or were being pre-planned. There is now a lot of activity behind the scenes on new productions. The team at Dincwear Dancewear will update you with more news next week.
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.