All the latest dance, theatre, and stage news from Dincwear Dancewear.
Adele led the winners at The Brit Awards 2022.
Adele led the winners at The Brit Awards 2022, taking home three awards at the prestigious ceremony. The music icon triumphed as she picked up Artist of the Year, Album of the Year for 30 and Song of the Year for “Easy On Me.”
Her victory in the first category made her the first-ever artist to pick up the award after the show ditched trophies in gendered categories for the first time — replaced by Artist of the Year and International Artist of the Year fields.
Four new genre categories were also added for the first time – Alternative/Rock Act, Hip-Hop/Grime/Rap Act, Dance Act and Pop/R’N’B Act – which fans were able to determine via a TikTok vote.
See the winners in full below.
- Artist of The Year: Adele – winner
- Best Group: Wolf Alice – winner
- Brits Rising Star: Holly Humberstone – winner
- Song Of The Year: Adele – ‘Easy On Me’ – winner
- Best New Artist: Little Simz – winner
- Mastercard Album Of The Year: Adele – ’30’ – winner
- Best Rock/Alternative act: Sam Fender – winner
- Best Hip Hop/Grime: Dave – winner
- Best Dance Act: Becky Hill – winner
- Best Pop/RnB act: Dua Lipa – winner
- Best International Artist: Billie Eilish – winner
- Best International Group: Silk Sonic/Bruno Mars/Anderson .Paak – winner
- International Song of the Year: Olivia Rodrigo – ‘Good 4 U’ – winner
- Songwriter of the Year: Ed Sheeran – winner
Anne-Marie speaks out after taking a tumble during Brits performance.
Anne-Marie took a tumble during her performance at the Brit Awards – but managed to recover and finish her set.
The pop singer, 30, made an entrance from inside a giant heart while performing her hit Don’t Play with YouTuber and rapper KSI and Digital Farm Animals. However, she appeared to slip as she descended a flight of steps onto the stage at London’s O2 Arena after letting go of one of her dancer’s hands. Despite her tumble, The Voice UK coach pushed on with her set, which she concluded by letting out a sharp laugh.
Posting on Twitter after going off stage, she joked: “Didn’t need my left ankle anyway.” Fans on social media sent messages of support and praised her for carrying on with her performance.
Strictly star to set the stage alight.
Strictly Come Dancing’s Kevin Clifton and the sensational worldwide Ballroom dance company’s show BURN THE FLOOR returns with a bang in 2022!
This fiery, energetic and revolutionary Ballroom production will, once again, set stages alight and show audiences why it is still the world’s leading Ballroom show after more than two decades when it arrives in Llandudno next week, February 15.
Irish Dancer Morgan Bullock To Make History With 2022 Riverdance Tour.
When Morgan Bullock takes the stage this spring as part of the dance troupe in Riverdance, it will add a little bit extra to the 25th-anniversary tour. Morgan will be breaking ground as the first African-American female dancer in the program.
“I just feel so honoured and so excited to be a part of the show as it’s returning to American audiences,” Bullock told the Associated Press.“I hope that the tour reaches even wider audiences.”
For Morgan, Irish dance has fascinated her since she saw it performed when she was just 10 years old. “Irish dancing in general is just something that I’ve felt deeply since the first time that I saw it — it was something that I was supposed to be doing,” she said. “For one reason or another, it has stuck with me.”
The European tour was special for Morgan Bullock, who said that it was an emotional experience.
“It’s been amazing and surreal to be on stage with this group,” she said. “That first Riverdance show, when the lights came on and I saw the full audience, it was not just me who felt so emotional, everyone in the company did. We talked about it. We all got a little teary. It’s an amazing feeling to be able to perform in front of an audience. It’s been great.”
The tour begins on March 4 in Salt Lake City.
A look at the celebrity lineup for The Real Dirty Dancing on E4.
MEET THE CELEBS:
Presenter Anthea Turner, Blue’s Lee Ryan, TOWIE’s James Argent, Reality TV Star Marnie Simpson, Social Media Star & TV Personality Saffron Barker, Comedian Darren Harriott, comedian and actor Verona Rose, former Goggleboxer and performer Tom Malone Jr, teacher, author and celebrity quizzer Bobby Seagull and actress Chelsee Healey.
Ten celebrities are in for the time of their life as they prepare for an immersive and nostalgia packed dance experience like no other – The Real Dirty Dancing, produced by Thames (a Fremantle label) is coming to E4 in February 2022.
The series is co-hosted by Dirty Dancing superfan, Keith Lemon and Heart FM showbiz host and Pussycat Doll, Ashley Roberts, along with dance expertise from creative director of Dreamboys, Jordan Darrell. Across eight episodes, The Real Dirty Dancing, will follow 10 famous faces as they move into a stunning Lakeside location reminiscent of the original Kellermans resort, where their dance moves will be well and truly put to the test.
In couples, they’ll compete as they take on challenges and dance routines based on iconic scenes from the classic film. Each couple has one thing in common – they all want to be the last Baby and Johnny standing.
Dancing On Ice 2022: Show pays heartfelt tribute to late pro skater Sean Rice.
Dancing On Ice paid a touching tribute to former show star Sean Rice who passed away in January aged 49.
The ITV series featured a dance by his close friends Lukasz Rozycki and Alexandra Schauman in memory of Sean, who appeared on the show in 2011 and 2012.
Introducing the performance on Sunday, guest host Stephen Mulhern said: ‘First, we’ve got a stunning performing choreographed by two of the professional skaters that they would like to dedicate to someone very special.’ Holly Willoughby added: ‘Former Dancing On Ice professional Sean Rice sadly passed away in January and he’ll be missed by all who knew who him. Our thoughts are with his family.
General News & Sighting
- The Public Campaign For The Arts highlighted that local authority spending on the arts has halved since 2010.
- West End theatres are offering discounted tickets until the end of March to encourage people back to the theatres.
- Strictly star Amy Dowden announced her “Dare To Dance” project with BBC1. An individual or group will perform a dance routine choreographed by Amy to surprise family and friends.
- Casting has been revealed for this year’s revival of “Anything Goes”. Kerry Ellis will play Reno and Bonnie Langford will play Evangeline. The production will open on tour in Bristol on the 11th of April before residing at the Barbican Theatre from the 15th of July to the 3rd of September. It is directed and choreographed by Kathleen Marshall.
- The complete cast for “Funny Girl” has been revealed. It stars Beanie Feldstein and Ramin Karimloo and will open at the August Wilson Theatre on the 26th of March. The choreography is by Ellenore Scott with additional tap choreography by Ayodele Casel.
- Casting has been announced for the West End return of “Grease”. Dan Partridge & Olivia Moore will star as Danny & Sandy. The production will open at the Dominion Theatre on the 3rd of May. The choreography is by Dame Arlene Phillips.
- “A Monster Calls” announced the full cast ahead of its return to Kingston in March before going to Bristol and the USA. The Movement Director is Dan Canham with Raffaella Covino as Associate Movement Director and Dance Captain.
- The musical “Lift” will be revived in London from the 13th of May until the 18th of June at the Southwalk Playhouse. The choreography is by Annie Southall.
- Birmingham Royal Ballet announced that Jonathan Payn, Laura Day & Rory Mackay will become Assistant Repetiteurs.
- The 2022 Olivier Awards will take place at the Royal Albert Hall on the 10th of April. It will be hosted by Jason Manford and shown on ITV.
- The London Cabaret Club opened it’s show “London Never Dies” in Dubai.
- The March edition of the “Dancing Times” arrived this week. The Dancer Of The Month is Dominique Larose of the Northern Ballet.
- Frances Clayton, the Founder and Principle of the Midlands Academy Of Dance And Drama, passed away on the 6th of February.
Future Dance News
- Strictly stars Graziano de Prima & Giadi Lini will be choreographing a brand new musical called “La Bamba” – based on the story of Richie Vallens.
- Amy Dowden announced her short tour of “An Evening With Amy Dowden” – visiting Port Talbot on the 3rd of April, Exmouth on the 7th of April and Stourbridge on the 12th of April.
- Sir Matt Bourne announced that “The Car Man” will be at the Royal Albert Hall in London from the 9th until the 19th of June.
- Craig Revel Horwood announced his “All Balls And Glitter” tour of the UK.
- In the Autumn, Northern Ballet will visit 10 cities with revivals of two family favourites: “The Little Mermaid” & “The Nutcracker”, plus a premiere of “Three Short Ballets”. The season will open at the Leeds Playhouse.
- Harry Styles announced a UK & European tour starting in Glasgow in June.
- “Beauty and the Beast” which is currently touring in the UK, will have a limited run at the London Palladium from the 24th of June until the 17th of September. Directed and choreographed by Matt West, with new dance arrangements by David Chase. Nick Winston is the Associate UK Director / Choreographer with Chandon Jones as Associate Choreographer.
- The Dance Space, Brighton’s first building designed specifically for dance, will open in July 2022.
- Harry Stiles, Billie Eilish and Kanye West will headline this years Coachella Festival on the 15 – 17th of April & 22 – 24th of April.
- There was a press conference for the launch of “Dance Reflections” by Van Cleef & Arpels. This is a festival of past, present and future contemporary dance, presented with Sadlers Wells, the Royal Opera House and the Tate Modern.There are 16 productions and it will take place between the 9th and the 23rd of March.
- The “Peaky Blinders” inspired dance show will premiere in Birmingham at the Hippodrome on the 27th of September. This will be directed and choreographed by Benoit Swan with the Rambert Ballet.
- Tim Rice confirms that “Chess” is set for Broadway.
- Erica Mulkern’s “Suzy Homemaker” will be performed at the Lawence Batley Theatre on the 25th of March.
- The Barn Theatre, Cirencester, has unveiled its 2022 season, which includes a number of musical revivals.
- “Beautiful – The Carole King Musical” will open in Leicester on the 28th of February 2022. It will star Molly-Grace Cutler & Tom Milner and be choreographed by Leah Hill.
- The revival of “White Christmas” will embark on a new tour in 2022. It will open on the 22nd of November 2022 at the Nottingham Theatre Royal. The choreography is by Stephen Mear.
- A new revival of “Jekyll & Hyde” has been announced to open in April 2022. It will be choreographed by Sarah Golding.
- Chance 2 Dance will present “The Showcase Arena” in Manchester on the 26th & 27th of March 2022.
- The Broadway production of “My Fair Lady” will open at the London Coliseum in May 2022.
Auditions & Appointments
- Birmingham Commonwealth Games is looking for pro dancers to take part in the opening ceremony. The rehearsals are from the 13th of June until the 28th of July. Contact: Katherine.firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline is the 14th of February.
- Humanhood Dance Company is looking for 2 dancers of colour. The deadline is the 10th of February. The audition is on the 13th of February in Birmingham.
- Auditions for “La Bamba” – the Ritchie Valens story will take place in London on the 15th of February. For more information contact: email@example.com
- Addict Dance Academy is looking for an Admissions Officer. Send your C.V to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Dance Company Wales is looking for dancers. Auditions will be held at the Dance House in Cardiff on the 2nd of April. For further information and an application pack, visit the website. The deadline is the 7th of March.
- Portland Ballet in the USA is looking for company dancers and apprentices. Audition is by invitation only. The application deadline is the 31st of March. See the company website for further details.
- The Jackie Palmer Stage School is looking for a Dance Teacher to teach Tap, Modern, Ballet and MT. More details are on the website.
- New Adventures is looking for a Chief Operating Officer. Further details are on the website. The deadline is the 18th of February.
- BOR Productions are casting for several of their cruise ship contracts with MSC Cruises. For more details contact: email@example.com
- “Wicked – The Movie” is looking for a wheelchair bound person to play Nessarose. Anybody interested should email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laine Theatre Arts is looking to appoint an Access And Participation Co-ordinator to drive the “Lanes To Laines” initiative – bridging the space between vocational training in dance & musical theatre and under-represented communities.
- Danielle Barton is teaching a Heels workshop on the 15th of February from 7.00 – 8.15pm for £11 at the Pineapple Dance Studios. Book on the Pineapple app.
- Lara Hunt has a Contemporary class on Fridays from 5.30 – 6.30pm at Hi-Bri’s Dance Studio in Solihull. Book at: email@example.com
- BOP is running an Artist Development Programme on each Friday In February and March from 1.00 – 4.00pm with Dollie Henry. This is aimed at Graduate and Pro dancers. Further details are on the BOP website.
- Russell Maliphant is offering a session for contemporary dancers on the 10th of February from 6.00 – 8.00pm at the Excelsior Studios in London. Tickets are available on Eventbrite.
- If you live in LA, Tobias Ellehammer is teaching at Millenium Studios in North Hollywood on Fridays from 7.00 – 9.00pm.
- Holly Johnson is offering Commercial dance classes at the Rooftop Studios in Leek on Wednesdays for £5 per class. Aged 16+. Message Holly on Facebook for more details.
- Aileen Carroll-Turner is offering Adult Ballet classes at intermediate level on Mondays from 8.00 – 9.30pm at CTSD in Brighton. Students £8.50 and drop ins £9.50.
- Laura Gilchrist is offering a Commercial class on Mondays from 7.15 – 8.45pm for £7 at the Grove Community Hub in Leicester, LE31QZ.
- Laura Morse is offering a class on Wednesdays at Base Studios, London, from 5.30 – 6.55pm. Book your space via the app.
- Haley Monaghan is teaching a Heels class on Wednesdays from 8.30 – 10.00pm at the Base Dance Studios in London for £12. Book your place via the app.
- Kim Collins is offering a Commercial class every Wednesday & Saturday from 1.00 – 2.25pm at the Base Dance Studios in London.
- Lizzie McConachie is giving a Commercial class at Pineapple Studios on Tuesdays from 7.30 – 8.30pm.
- Hannah Levitt Collins is giving a Heels class at Base Studios in London on the 15th of February from 2.00 – 4.00pm. You can book on Hannah’s Bio on Instagram.
- Sophina Afzal is teaching a Jazz/MT class at “Move It” on the 13th of March at 2.45pm.
- Hannah Cleeve is giving a Heels class on Friday the 11th of March from 2.15 – 3.00pm at “Move It”. (This will book up fast)
- Faith Newport will be teaching a Commercial / Hip Hop class on Fridays from 5.45 – 6.45pm at the Motion Studios, Bristol.
- Steffi Croxson is teaching 2 classes at “Move It”. A Salsa Fitness class on Friday the 11th at 1.45 – 2.30pm and a Barre Beats class on Sunday the 13th from 3.45 – 4.30pm.
- Jordi Guitart is teaching a class at “Move It” on the 12th of March at 2.15pm in the Fosse Studio.
- Christopher Tendai is offering a Musical Theatre Jazz class at Pineapple Studios, London, on Tuesdays from 10.15 – 11.45am.
- Drew McOnie is giving a dance class at Pineapple Studios on Fridays at 6.30 – 8.30pm.
- Lizzie McConachie is teaching on Thursdays at Base Studios from 2.30 – 4.00pm.
- Gareth Walker is teaching a Commercial Jazz dance class at the Pineapple Studios every Tuesday at 3.15pm.
- Ombracuradance have a weekly Hip Hop / Experimental dance class at The Base Studios on Mondays at 8.30 – 9.55pm
- Katie Deacon has an Advanced / Pro Ballet Class at the Pineapple Dance Studios on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 1.30pm.
- Lauren Gore has her “Tappercise Class” every other Monday at the Holy Trinity Church, London NR21, from 7.30 – 8.15pm for £6 per class. Contact Lauren for further details.
- Christabelle Field is teaching a Latin Jazz class at the Base Dance Studio on Thursdays from 1.00 – 2.30pm for £9.
- Louise Barton has a Commercial Dance class at the Pineapple Dance Studios every Friday from 1.45 – 3.15pm.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 5.00 – 6.00pm (Studio 2) & Wednesday from 7.45 – 8.45pm (Studio 1). There is also a class at Base Studios on Thursday from 2.30 – 4.00pm (James Brown Studio).
- Dollie Henry offers a weekly Jazz class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Sundays from 4.15 – 5.45pm.
- Michael & Jowita, the winners of “The Greatest Dancer”, are offering a full range of dance classes at their Studio in Ealing, London.
Film And Video
- Lionsgate will distribute a new biopic about Michael Jackson, which is being produced and directed by Graham King, with the permission of the Jackson family.
- This years Oscar nominations were announced: “West Side Story” picked up 7 nominations. “Tick, Tick…Boom!” picked up a nomination for Best Editing and Best Actor In A Leading Role for Andrew Garfield.
- Antoine Sturge choreographed the Gang Of Youth’s latest music video for “In The Wake Of Your Leave”.
- We spotted the following dancers performing with Anne Marie on the Brit Awards last night: Renae Hughes, Anders Deeno Nielson, Kieran D-W, Rowan Chambers & Remi Black. The choreography was by Jay Revell and the contract was with Kutes.
- We spotted the following dancers performing with Ed Sheehan on the Brit Awards last night: Charlie Bruce, Scott Coldwell, Connor Tidman, Ebony Clarke, Jo Dyce, Mina Neighbour, Billie Freer, Crystal Hantig, Emily Ellis, Nicole Hastings, Poppy Stribley & Summer Villiers. The choreography was by Gareth Walker and the contract was with Mass Movement.
- We spotted Vinami Mwazanzale, Lee Pratt & Charlie Tatman in the Gang Of Youth’s latest video for “In The Wake Of Your Leave”.
- We spotted Brett Sewell in the latest Old Spice advert. The contract was with AJK.
- We spotted Amy Everett, Alice Batt, Anina Pletscher & Xavier Pellin opening in “Cats” in Taiwan.
Dincwear Dancewear will keep watching the news and bring you further updates next Tuesday as usual.
View The Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
VIEW DINCWEAR’S DANCE & ACTIVEWEAR COLLECTION
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.