All the latest news from Dincwear Dancewear.
BBC Strictly Come Dancing movie week results show updates as second celebrity eliminated.
Richie Anderson became the second celebrity to depart the Strictly dance floor on Saturday. After the public vote, the 34-year-old TV and radio personality found himself up against Fleur East in the dance-off. Anderson then performed his routine with partner Giovanni Pernice for the second time after Saturday evening’s live show. The pair danced their head-turning samba to Hakuna Matata from the much-loved Disney movie The Lion King.
During the judges’ comments on Saturday, head judge Shirley Ballas joked: “I don’t think I’ll ever look at Giovanni the same again,” after the pair donned The Lion King costumes for their performance. Anderson dressed as mischievous meerkat Timon, while Pernice, 32, was dressed as warthog Pumbaa. The dancing show’s 14 celebrity contestants took to the dance floor for the third time on Saturday for the traditional movie-themed edition.
Up against Anderson in the dance-off, former X Factor contestant East, 34, performed the American smooth to Part Of Your World from The Little Mermaid with her dance partner Vito Coppola. East’s performance was enough to save her from elimination, and after the celebrities had both danced for a second time the judges delivered their feedback.
Craig Revel Horwood commented: “I would like to save the most accomplished technician, and that is Fleur and Vito.”
Motsi Mabuse said: “I think it’s heart-breaking actually because I think both of you do not deserve to be here, but this is how the public voted and based on this dance-off I’m going to save Fleur and Vito.”
Anton Du Beke also opted to save East, saying: “Well, I thought that was a well-danced dance-off. I thought both couples performed well, I thought one couple was a bit more sure-footed about their performance and had a slightly better level of artistry about what they were doing, so the couple I would like to save is Fleur and Vito.”
After receiving three votes, giving them a majority, East and Coppola were safe, however Ballas, 62, said she would have opted to save Anderson.
Reflecting on his departure, Anderson told host Tess Daly: “As a Strictly fan I always thought it was a magical thing to be a part of, and being here it really is and it’s not just the people that you see on camera, the judges, and you and (co-host Claudia Winkleman) Claud and the amazing people that I’ve got to meet on this show.
“The people behind the scenes in hair, make-up, costume, Tasha, our runner, Stef, Jas, everybody. I also want to thank this guy [Giovanni] as well, he’s been so amazing, and I feel so lucky that I’ve got to dance with you every day.
“Not only are you a fantastic dancer but you are also a fantastic guy on top of that. I want to thank all my family and friends and my other half Dean, who is in the audience, I love you so much.”
Beverley Knight to star as suffragette leader Emmeline Pankhurst in musical.
Singer and actress Beverly Knight will star as suffragette leader Emmeline Pankhurst in highly-anticipated musical Sylvia at The Old Vic theatre. Following its first appearance as a work-in-progress show at the famous London venue 2018, Sylvia will return for a limited run from January 27 to April 1 2023.
The funk, soul and hip-hop musical tells the story of Pankhurst and her daughter Sylvia, played by Sharon Rose. It was originally commissioned to mark the centenary of the Representation of the People Act 1918 and the end of the First World War, and is produced by ZooNation: The Kate Prince Company. Writer Prince, who also serves as the show’s director and choreographer, said she was “incredibly grateful” to announce the production’s return, four years after its debut.
The musical returns for a limited run from January 27 to April 1 2023.
Strictly Winner Stacey Dooley’s sweet message to beau Kevin Clifton as she shows off growing bump at his show.
Stacey Dooley shouted her pride for her man Kevin Clifton as she watched him perform on stage in his new show. The former Strictly Come Dancing professional dancer is continuing to flourish in his musical theatre career with a role in the new musical adaptation of Strictly Ballroom.
Kevin, who starred in the hit BBC One dance show from 2013 to 2019, has taken on the role of hero Scott Hastings in the reimaging of Baz Luhrmann’s award-winning global film phenomenon. He appears in the show, which is being directed by Strictly judge Craig Revel Horwood, opposite Maisie Smith who has taken on the role of enthusiastic beginner Fran.
The nationwide tour kicked off in Plymouth last month before moving on to the Bromley Church Theatre where a press night was held on Wednesday night (October 5). Stacey was among those cheering Kevin and Maisie on. She was joined my Maisie’s boyfriend, The Wanted star Max George, and many of the professional dancers from Strictly including Alijaz Skorjanec, Jowita Przystal and Nancy Xu.
Stacey announced back in August that she was expecting her first child with boyfriend Kevin. The couple met in 2018 on the BBC dance contest as Stacey, 35, was paired with professional dancer Kevin. The pair went on to win the 16th series and also fell in love – confirming their romance months after the show ended.
Sharing the news of her pregnancy to her one million Instagram followers last month, Stacey wrote: “We are having a baby! So bloody delighted. Kev, you’re magic, I love you. (Was becoming impossible to hide and if one more person asks me if I’ve had my t*ts done in LA I’m gonna scream). Here goes.”
Strictly star Jayde Adams responds to trolls in style after Flashdance performance.
Comedian Jayde Adams has hit back at fat-shaming trolls after a brilliant dance performance to What a Feeling from Flashdance on Stictly Come Dancing Movie Week (October 8).
The Good Omens star dressed in a black leotard for her cha cha performance – and was one of the highlights of the show with praise coming in from viewers on social media. ‘Beautiful’ and ‘unbelievable’ were among the adjectives used by people commenting.
However, not everyone offered support. Some, such as Twitter user called Brian, said the comedian should cover up her thighs, calling her an ‘embarrassment’. This morning, Jayde responded in style, also taking the opportunity to plug her own tour.
She responded: “Brian hates my thighs but tickets to my UK tour are selling out, so I’ve decided I’m fine with Brian’s issues.” Jayde’s show starts in March next year with stops across the country, including in Bristol on April 2.
In another tweet with a video showing the inconic Flashdance pose from last night’s show, Jayde said: “When the sharpest words wanna cut me down. I’m gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out. I am brave, I am bruised, I am who I’m meant to be. This is me.”
General News & Sighting
- The contestant eliminated from Strictly this week was Richie with his pro partner Giovanni. The pro dance on Saturday was choreographed by Jason Gilkison and the one on Sunday by Nathan Clarke. Tyler and Dianne got the first 10’s of the series for their routine, which was choreographed by Jenny Thomas and Sean Moon.
- Dolly Parton’s “Smoky Mountain Christmas Carol” announced the London cast. It will star Robert Bathurst as Scrooge. The show is being directed and choreographed by Alison Pollard, with assistance from Andrew Margerison, and will open at the Queen Elizabeth Hall on the 8th of December.
- The Curve Theatre, Leicester, revealed the full cast for its revival of “The Wizard Of Oz”. Christina Bianco will play Glinda and Charlotte Jaconelli will be the Wicked Witch. The musical will run from the 19th of November until the 8th of January 2023. It has choreography from Shay Barclay and Kate Ivory-Jordan.
- Casting for the UK premiere of “Newsies” has been revealed. It will star Bronte Barbe and Michael Ahomka Lindsay and open at the Troubador Theatre in Wembley Park on the 28th of November. The choreography is by Matt Cole and Jane McMurtrie.
- Casting has been announced for the world premiere of “Sylvia” at the Old Vic Theatre on the 27th of January 2023. Beverley Knight will lead the cast playing Emmeline Pankhurst with Sharon Rose as Sylvia Pankhurst. The choreography is by Kate Prince.
- The Royal Opera House has launched a streaming service to show the works of the Royal Ballet.
- Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Aspects of Love” is to be revived in the West End. Michael Ball will star in the “re-imagined” show which will open at the Lyric Theatre on the 12th of May 2023.
- Kristina Love is joining the West End cast of “Tina: The Tina Turner Musical” on the 12th of October. The show has extended its run until September 2023. The choreography is by Anthony van Laast.
- Olivia Rose Shouler will be choreographing “A Christmas Carol” at the Rose Theatre in Kingston this December.
- Alanna Kajdi is the new Resident Choreographer at the West End show of “Cabaret”.
- The McNicol Ballet Collective is to become the first Associate Company of Hull New Theatre.
- “Men in Motion” will take place at the London Coliseum on the 6th of November. It stars many of the current great male ballet dancers such as Matthew Ball, Edward Watson and Ivan Putrov.
- It was reported in “The Hollywood Reporter” that Matthew Warchus is going to bring his 2014 film “Pride” to the stage.
- The Ballet Grand Prix, Scotland, will take place at the Space Theatre in Dundee on the 25th & 26th of February 2023. It is being directed by Constance Devenay and Sindy Monson.
- Christopher Tendai announced the members of his new CTC Dance company.
- The Royal Family dance group will be performing across the UK in October.
- Musical Con has released the full schedule for the weekend of the 23rd & 24th of October – which is now sold out.
- It was announced that Eurovision will be held in Liverpool.
Future Dance Events News
- Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Cinderella” will open as “Bad Cinderella” at the Imperial Theatre on Broadway on the 17th of February 2023. The choreography is by JoAnn M Hunter.
- Anton Du Beke announced his tour for 2023.
- A “Hocus Pocus” musical is on its way to Broadway, according to David Kirschner, the producer of the film.
- Oti Mabuse has organised “London Dance Nights” at the Novotel in Hammersmith on the 11th – 13th of November with dance shows, workshops and a dinner and dance.
- “Greatest Days”, the official Take That musical, is to tour the UK next year.
- A new production of “Miss Saigon” will be presented at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield from the 8th of July 2023 until the 12th of August. It will star Joanna Ampil.
- The Broadway musical “Ain’t Too Proud” is to open at the Prince Edward theatre on the 31st of March next year replacing “Mary Poppins”. The Broadway show won a Tony award for Best Choreography by Sergio Trujilio.
- The cast and creatives of the Theatre du Chatelet’s production of “42nd Street” have been announced. It will be directed and choreographed by Stephen Mear and will open on the 7th of December.
- The “Ballet Icons Gala” will take place on the 19th of February 2023 at the London Coliseum. Graham Watts is the Artistic Advisor.
- Disney’s “Winnie The Pooh” will be coming to a UK theatre in Spring 2023.
- The Mill at Sonning has unveiled its 2022-23 season of shows including two musical revivals: “Top Hat” will star Jonny Labey with choreography from Ashley Nottingham and take place from the 16th of November until the 30th of December. “Gypsy” will play from the 24th of May until the 15th of July 2023. The casting and creatives for the latter show have yet to be announced.
- “Everybody’s Talking About Jamie” has confirmed new dates for its second UK tour which begins in September 2023. It will open at The Lowry in Salford on the 7th of September.
- Simon Lipkin and Georgina Castle will star in the West End revival of the musical “Elf” at the Dominion Theatre. The choreography is by Liam Steel. The show will open on the 14th of November.
- “Annie” will embark on a new tour in 2023, opening at the Curve Theatre in Leicester on the 25th of February before touring.
- “Back To The Future” has revealed plans to open on Broadway in 2023.
- Dolly Parton’s “Smokey Mountain Christmas Carol – A New Musical” will get a European premiere in December at the Southbank Centre in London. It will play from the 8th of December until the 8th of January 2023.
- Further touring dates were announced for the new production of “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – The Musical”. It will open at the Leeds Playhouse on the 18th of November.
- Casting was announced for the world premiere of “Mandela”, the new musical at The Young Vic theatre in London. It will star Michael Luwoye as Nelson Mandela and Danielle Fiamanya as Winnie Mandela. The show will run from the 29th of November until the 4th of February 2023. The choreography is by Gregory Maqoma.
- “The Bodyguard” will embark on a new UK tour at Glasgow on the 28th of January 2023.
- Disney’s musical “Newsies” will begin at the Troubadour Theatre Wembley Park on the 29th of November, with an official premiere on the 8th of December. Direction and choreography is by Matt Cole, with Jane McMurtrie as Associate Choreographer.
- A new production of “Shrek The Musical” announced a UK tour from July 2023. Nick Winston will be the choreographer.
- “Dirty Dancing” is to return to the Dominion Theatre on the 21st of January 2023. The choreography is by Austin Wilks.
- A new production of “From Here To Eternity” is coming to the Charing Cross Theatre from the 29th of October. Cressida Carre will be the choreographer.
- Rodgers & Hammerstein’s “Cinderella” will run at the Hope Mill Theatre from the 1st of November until the 11th of December. It will be directed by Joseph Houston and choreographed by William Whelton.
- “Jagged Little Pill” will transfer from Broadway to London in November.
- Strictly stars Graziano de Prima & Giadi Lini will be choreographing a brand new musical called “La Bamba” – based on the story of Richie Vallens.
- In the Autumn, Northern Ballet will visit 10 cities with revivals of two family favourites: “The Little Mermaid” & “The Nutcracker”, plus a premiere of “Three Short Ballets”. The season will open at the Leeds Playhouse.
Auditions & Vacancies
- Sadlers Wells is auditioning for the UK and International tour of “Message In A Bottle” with ZooNation for April 2023 – May 2024. For further information and to apply go to the Sadlers Wells website. The deadline for applications is the 26th of October.
- Brendon Hansford is looking for dancers in Dubai for a high profile event. The audition is on the 11th of October. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The “Moulin Rouge” in Paris is auditioning for dancers. The UK auditions are in London on the 13th & 14th of October at the Pineapple Studios. Visit the Moulin Rouge website to register.
- Wayne McGregor is looking for dancers. The audition is on the 10th of December, with call backs on the 11th. The deadline for applications is the 28th of October. For more details, visit: www.waynemcgregor.com
- “Hamilton” is seeking dancers who can sing. The auditions will be held in London in October. For more information contact: email@example.com
- The Joffrey Ballet School of the USA will be holding auditions at the Can You Dance Super Convention on the 15th & 16th of October in Liverpool.
- Taira Foo is looking for dancers of playing age 35+ for her new project. Rehearsals will be from the 7th until the 24th of November in London, with a performance on the 25th of November in Liverpool. The fee is £1,482 plus accommodation. For more information, contact Taira at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Pegasus Theatre is offering £1,000 to 3 dance artists to showcase their work in “Moving With The Times”, part of the 2023 Dancing Oxford Spring Dance Festival taking place on the 3rd and 4th of March 2023. For more information contact: www.pegasustheatre.org.uk
- Burn The Floor is looking for 10 dancers who specialise in Ballroom. Email: email@example.com
- Erica Mulkern is looking for a Ballet Teacher – cover in Leeds for the 10th of October, 14th of November and the 21st of November for Advanced Ballet Technique at Leeds University. Email Erica on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Las Vegas show “Rouge” is looking for male dancers who are eligible to work in America. For more details contact: email@example.com
- Alton Towers are currently recruiting performers for the Halloween Season. Visit the website to apply.
- Performers College Birmingham are recruiting for a Principle Lecturer of Jazz and Tap. For further information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Three Rings Agency is looking for dancers for show contracts in Las Vegas. Contact: email@example.com
- Pontins is looking for dancers to join their entertainment teams around the UK. Find out more and apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Place in London is looking for Professional Dance Teachers. Visit the website for further details and how to apply.
- BOR Productions are casting for several of their cruise ship contracts with MSC Cruises. For more details contact: email@example.com
- Katie Mayfield is offering a Musical Theatre class on Fridays from 7.30 – 8.30pm at the Alexandra Studios in Brighton – starting on the 21st of October – for £8. DM Katie on her Instagram to book.
- Elise Bulley is offering classes on Mondays from 6.00 – 7.00pm at the Coastguard Studios in Southsea. Book via: empowerwithelise.simplybookit/v2
- Chloe Miles is doing a Heels class every Monday from 7.15 – 8.15pm at Unit 6, Stumps Lane in Spalding for £5. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hannah Cleeve has a weekly Heels class at Base Dance Studios (the James Brown Studio) on Wednesdays from 1.00 – 2.30pm for £11.
- Claudimar Neto is holding a dance class at the “Can You Dance” Superconvention on the 15th of October at 11.00am.
- Megan Westpfel is doing a Movement workshop from 11.00am – 5.00pm on the 15th of October at the Hub Dance Studio for £80. Contact: email@example.com
- Joanne Clifton is giving a workshop on the 21st of October at 7.00pm at the Bull Theatre in High Barnett for £15. You can book online at: www.dancewright.co.uk/classes
- Flavia Cacace is offering a Beginners Couples Class at Blackawton Village Hall, Totnes, on Thursdays at 7.00pm. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BOP Jazz Theatre Artists Development Lab will take place every Friday at Morley College with Dollie Henry, starting on the 7th of October from 12.00 – 4.00pm.
- Amy Ireland has a weekly Tap class at the Base Studios on Thursdays at 2.00pm and Contemporary Jazz at 3.00pm.
- 3 Rings Talent offers a Commercial class with Beky Humphreys every Tuesday from 2.30 – 4.00pm at Base Dance studio in London.
- Nafisah Baba is teaching at Danceworks in London on Wednesdays from 5.30 – 7.00pm and on Tuesdays from 8.00 – 9.30pm.
- Lowri Jackson has a weekly Heels class at Base Studios on Saturdays from 4.00 – 5.30pm.
- Martina Gumbs is doing a Jazz Heels class on Wednesdays from 7.00 – 8.15pm for £7 at Studio 25, Manchester. For more details and to book, contact: email@example.com
- Holly Stubbings is giving a Contemporary Fusion class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Fridays from 6.00 – 7.00pm.
- Jared Hageman is offering a Jazz class on Mondays from 5.30 – 7.00pm for £9 at the Hub Studio in London.
- Shona Wilson has a Commercial class at Base Studios on Thursday from 8.30 – 9.55pm.
- Aileen Carroll-Turner is offering Adult Ballet classes at intermediate level on Mondays from 8.00 – 9.30pm at CTSD in Brighton. Students £8.50 and drop ins £9.50.
- Laura Morse is offering a class on Wednesdays at Base Studios, London, from 5.30 – 6.55pm. Book your space via the app.
- Haley Monaghan is teaching a Heels class on Wednesdays from 8.30 – 10.00pm at the Base Dance Studios in London for £12. Book your place via the app.
- Kim Collins is offering a Commercial class every Wednesday & Saturday from 1.00 – 2.25pm at the Base Dance Studios in London.
- Christopher Tendai is offering a Musical Theatre Jazz class at Pineapple Studios, London, on Tuesdays from 10.15 – 11.45am.
- Gareth Walker is teaching a Commercial Jazz dance class at the Pineapple Studios every Tuesday at 3.15pm.
- Ombracuradance have a weekly Hip Hop / Experimental dance class at The Base Studios on Mondays at 8.30 – 9.55pm
- Katie Deacon has an Advanced / Pro Ballet Class at the Pineapple Dance Studios on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 1.30pm.
- Christabelle Field is teaching a Latin Jazz class at the Base Dance Studio on Thursdays from 2.30 – 4.00pm for £9 in the Timberlake Studio. Christabelle also teaches at the Dance Attic on Thursday from 6.15 – 8.15pm.
- Louise Barton has a Commercial Dance class at the Pineapple Dance Studios every Friday from 1.45 – 3.15pm.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 5.00 – 6.00pm (Studio 2) & Wednesday from 7.45 – 8.45pm (Studio 1). There is also a Commercial Edge class at Base Studios on Thursday from 2.30 – 4.00pm (James Brown Studio).
Film And Video
- Ashley Wallen has been nominated at the World Choreography Awards in the category of Motion Picture for his work on “Cinderella” and Jason Gilkison has been nominated in the category of Television Show for his work on “Strictly Come Dancing”. The awards ceremony will take place on the 15th of November in Hollywood.
- We spotted Lianne Lee May, Jenny Griffin, Joy Duckrell, Kamila Zalewska & Elise Pinel performing with Robbie Williams. The choreography was by Ashley Wallen and the contract was with Kutes.
- We spotted the following dancers in Dylan’s new video for “Nothing Lasts For Ever” : Mina Neighbour, Erin Nurse, Lexi Thomas & Edi Ibrahim. The choreography was by Mark Jennings and the contract was with Mass Talent.
- We spotted “The Girly Show” dancers performing at the Mayfair Hotel in London.
- We spotted Pia Lukpaszyc, Emily Bennell, Ciera Sabina, Maisie Newman & Serena Newell performing at the Packers V Giants American football game at Wembley. The contract was with Mass Talent.
Dincwear Dancewear will keep watching the news and bring you further updates in the next edition.
View The Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.