All the latest news from Dincwear Dancewear.
Jayde Adams fourth celebrity voted off Strictly.
Jayde Adams is the fourth celebrity to be voted off the 2022 series off Strictly Come Dancing following the performance on Saturday, October 22 that saw the cast celebrating 100 years of the BBC. The Sunday night results show was broadcast just hours after Jayde hit back at trolls on her Instagram account.
Jayde, who was partnered with professional dancer Karen Hauer, did not impress with her Charleston to Victoria Wood’s The Ballard of Barry and Freda (Let’s Do It). Scoring 28/40 on Saturday, she was fourth from bottom of the leaderboard. Following the public vote, she faced singer Molly Rainford in the dance off and the judges voted unanimously to save Molly.
Kevin Clifton to return to Strictly Ballroom musical after health scare.
Kevin Clifton is set to return to the Strictly Ballroom musical after a health scare saw him take a break from the show.
Kevin rose to fame after first appearing on Strictly Come Dancing in 2013 and had been starring in the adaptation of Baz Luhrman’s 1992 film Strictly Ballroom. However, his role had to be side-lined following a health scare.
Thankfully, after a week of treatment, Kevin is back in action and ready to go again. Starring alongside him is fellow Strictly star Maisie Smith
Cast for Dirty Dancing in the West End revealed.
The cast has been announced for Dirty Dancing’s return to the Dominion Theatre, set for early 2023.
Directed by Federico Bellone with choreography by Austin Wilks, the piece is based on the blockbuster film of the same name, which originally starred Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey.
I follows Baby and Johnny, two young spirits from two completely different worlds, whose paths cross at a vacation resort.
The stage show also features hit songs from the movie, including “Hungry Eyes”, “Do You Love Me?”, “Hey! Baby” and “(I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life”.
Michael O’Reilly (West Side Story) and Kira Malou (Fame) will once more play Johnny and Baby, alongside Charlotte Gooch (Singin’ in the Rain) who returns to the role of Penny Johnson, Georgina Castle (Cinderella) as Lisa Houseman, alongside Lynden Edwards (A Little Night Music) as Jake Houseman, Jackie Morrison (The Last Ship) as Marjorie Houseman, Colin Charles (We Will Rock You) as Tito Suarez, Michael Remick (Follies) as Max Kellerman and Tony Stansfield (Little Women) as Mr Schumacher.
Joining them in Dirty Dancing for the first time are Danny Colligan (Les Misérables) as Billy Kostecki, Alastair Crosswell (Singin’ in the Rain) as Neil Kellerman and Lydia Sterling, making her West End debut as Elizabeth.
Completing the cast are Chrissy Brooke, Inez Budd, Lily Laight, Hollie-Ann Lowe, Callum Fitzgerald, Nathan Ryles, Joel Benjamin, Shaquille Brush, Carly Miles, Ben Middleton, Lee Nicholson, Ayden Morgan, Miles Russell, Tom Parsons, Morgan Burgess, Tom Mussell, Christopher Fry and Charlotte Coggin (who returns after making her surprise West End debut after working as an usher at the Dominion during the show’s last run).
Lighting Designer Valerio Tiberi (Ghost the Musical), sound designer Chris Whybrow (Carousel) and supervising musical director Richard John (Legally Blonde).
The show is set to run from 21 January to 29 April 2023
Musical concert to support transition surgery fund for stage star.
A fundraiser version of fan favourite concert Roles We’ll Never Play will return next month.
This time around, the concert is set to raise money for trans performer Allie Daniel and her gender affirming surgery. Any surplus money raised over Daniel’s target will be donated to a trans charity of her choice.
Appearing in the concert will be Alice Fearn (She/Her), Allie Daniel (She/Her), Amy Di Bartolomeo (She/Her), B Terry (They/Them), Baylie Carson (They/Them), Billy Luke Nevers (He/Him), Carl Mullaney (He/Him, who also acts as host), Caroline Kay (She/Her), Chrissie Bhima (She/Her), Claudia Kariuki (She/They), Courtney Bowman (She/Her), Ellie Skye (She/Her), Emily Lane (She/Her), Freddie Love (They/Them), Hannah Lawton (She/Her), Idriss Kargbo (He/Him), Isaac Hesketh (They/She), Kayla Carter (She/They), Lauren Soley (She/Her), Luke Bayer (He/Him), Mary-Jean Caldwell (She/Her), Michael Mather (He/Him), Renée Lamb (She/Her), Ryan Carter (He/Him), Sejal Keshwala (She/Her), Tom Duern (He/Him) and Vanessa Fisher (She/Her).
Daniel said today: “Roles We’ll Never Play has been a favourite concert series of mine for a long time, so to collaborate with them to raise money for my gender affirming surgeries is truly beyond exciting! Now more than ever it’s truly beautiful to see so many artists come together to support a trans person in need.”
Further creatives are to be revealed. Tickets for the concert are on sale via The Other Palace website.
The concert takes place next in November 2022.
Actor Josephine Melville dies following performance at Nottingham Playhouse.
Former Eastenders actor has died at the Nottingham Playhouse after finishing her play.Josephine Melville received immediate assistance from first aiders and a medically qualified member of the Nine Night audience before paramedics arrived at the scene on Thursday 20 October. The Playhouse said paramedics arrived quickly but sadly she passed away at the scene, and her family have been informed. The theatre has subsequently cancelled all future performances of Nine Night, which is a co-production between Nottingham Playhouse and Leeds Playhouse.
The theatre company and staff are reportedly in a state of shock at the death of the performer, director and producer, who starred as Auntie Maggie in the production.
General News & Sighting
- Dance Base, Scotland’s national centre for dance, has revealed that it could be facing permanent closure this winter due to a “perfect storm” of inflation, increased energy bills, decreasing ticket sales and static public funding”. (The Stage)
- Jade & Karen were eliminated from this weeks Strictly. The pro dance was choreographed by Jason Gilkison.
- The winners for this year’s Black British Theatre Awards have been announced. Leah Hill won the Best Choreographer award for her work on “The Wiz” at the Hope Mill theatre and Cira Robinson won the Best Soloist In A Dance Production award for the Ballet Black Double Bill at the Barbican.
- Rose Ayling-Ellis, the winner of Strictly 2021, will star in a new staging of “As You Like It” at Soho Place in the West End from the 6th of December until the 28th of January 2023.
- Spice girl Melanie C is doing a collaboration with Jules Cunningham and Harry Alexander at Sadlers Wells entitled “How Did We Get Here” from the 19th of January 2023 until the 29th.
- Shirley Ballas and Oti Mabuse are joining forces with the ISTD for a new health and dance initiative.
- The complete company for “Top Hat” has been announced for its return to The Mill at Sonning from the 16th of November until the 30th of December. It has choreography by Ashley Nottingham and Gabriela Gregorian is the Dance Captain.
- Casting has been confirmed for the stage adaptation of “Saving Grace”. It will star Dianne Pilkington as Grace and has choreography by Sophia McAvoy. The show opens in London at the Riverside Studios on the 22nd of November.
- The cast for “Dirty Dancing” in the West End has been revealed. It will star Michael O’ Reilly & Kira Malou and be choreographed by Austin Wilkes. The show opens on the 21st of January 2023 at the Dominion Theatre.
- “White Christmas” has announced its complete casting. The tour will commence in Truro on the 12th of November. The choreography is by Stephen Mear.
- “Hamilton” has extended its West End run until the 30th of September 2023. It has choreography by Andy Blankenbuehler.
- “The Phantom Of The Opera” has extended its run in the West End until the 30th of September 2023. The choreography is by Gillian Lynne.
- The Olivier Awards will take place on the 2nd of April 2023 at the Royal Albert Hall. Anthony Van Laast will be the Creative Director.
- Courtney Bowman is set to join the cast of “Pretty Woman” in the West End as Kit de Luca from the 15th of November. The show is directed and choreographed by Jerry Mitchell.
- The Dancing Times is to sell its collection of 35,000 photographs.
- The Evening Standard has announced the nominees for its 66th Theatre Awards, which take place on the 20th of November. “Cabaret” has been nominated for 4 awards and “Oklahoma” has picked up 5 nominations.
- Full casting has been announced for a new production of “Cabaret” in Paris to re-open The Lido. The show will play for 60 performances and be choreographed by Fabian Aloise.
- The full cast of the Broadway production of “& Juliet” has been revealed. Lorna Courtney will play Juliet and Betsy Wolfe plays Anne Hathaway. It will begin previews at the Stephen Sondheim theatre on the 28th of October. The choreography is by Jennifer Weber.
- “Back To The Future” will open on Broadway at the Winter Garden Centre on the 30th of June 2023. The choreography is by Chris Bailey.
- Broadway director and producer Chet Walker has died at his home in North Carolina.
Future Dance Events News
- Broadway hit “MJ”, based on Michael Jackson’s 1992 “Dangerous” tour, will open at the Prince Edward Theatre in London in March 2024. It is being choreographed by Christopher Wheeldon.
- Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Cinderella” will open as “Bad Cinderella” at the Imperial Theatre on Broadway on the 17th of February 2023. The choreography is by JoAnn M Hunter.
- Anton Du Beke announced his tour for 2023.
- A “Hocus Pocus” musical is on its way to Broadway, according to David Kirschner, the producer of the film.
- Oti Mabuse has organised “London Dance Nights” at the Novotel in Hammersmith on the 11th – 13th of November with dance shows, workshops and a dinner and dance.
- “Greatest Days”, the official Take That musical, is to tour the UK next year.
- A new production of “Miss Saigon” will be presented at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield from the 8th of July 2023 until the 12th of August. It will star Joanna Ampil.
- The Broadway musical “Ain’t Too Proud” is to open at the Prince Edward theatre on the 31st of March next year replacing “Mary Poppins”. The Broadway show won a Tony award for Best Choreography by Sergio Trujilio.
- The cast and creatives of the Theatre du Chatelet’s production of “42nd Street” have been announced. It will be directed and choreographed by Stephen Mear and will open on the 7th of December.
- The “Ballet Icons Gala” will take place on the 19th of February 2023 at the London Coliseum. Graham Watts is the Artistic Advisor.
- Disney’s “Winnie The Pooh” will be coming to a UK theatre in Spring 2023.
- The Mill at Sonning has unveiled its 2022-23 season of shows including two musical revivals: “Top Hat” will star Jonny Labey with choreography from Ashley Nottingham and take place from the 16th of November until the 30th of December. “Gypsy” will play from the 24th of May until the 15th of July 2023. The casting and creatives for the latter show have yet to be announced.
- “Everybody’s Talking About Jamie” has confirmed new dates for its second UK tour which begins in September 2023. It will open at The Lowry in Salford on the 7th of September.
- Simon Lipkin and Georgina Castle will star in the West End revival of the musical “Elf” at the Dominion Theatre. The choreography is by Liam Steel. The show will open on the 14th of November.
- “Annie” will embark on a new tour in 2023, opening at the Curve Theatre in Leicester on the 25th of February before touring.
- “Back To The Future” has revealed plans to open on Broadway in 2023.
- Dolly Parton’s “Smokey Mountain Christmas Carol – A New Musical” will get a European premiere in December at the Southbank Centre in London. It will play from the 8th of December until the 8th of January 2023.
- Further touring dates were announced for the new production of “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – The Musical”. It will open at the Leeds Playhouse on the 18th of November.
- Casting was announced for the world premiere of “Mandela”, the new musical at The Young Vic theatre in London. It will star Michael Luwoye as Nelson Mandela and Danielle Fiamanya as Winnie Mandela. The show will run from the 29th of November until the 4th of February 2023. The choreography is by Gregory Maqoma.
- “The Bodyguard” will embark on a new UK tour at Glasgow on the 28th of January 2023.
- Disney’s musical “Newsies” will begin at the Troubadour Theatre Wembley Park on the 29th of November, with an official premiere on the 8th of December. Direction and choreography is by Matt Cole, with Jane McMurtrie as Associate Choreographer.
- A new production of “Shrek The Musical” announced a UK tour from July 2023. Nick Winston will be the choreographer.
- “Dirty Dancing” is to return to the Dominion Theatre on the 21st of January 2023. The choreography is by Austin Wilks.
- A new production of “From Here To Eternity” is coming to the Charing Cross Theatre from the 29th of October. Cressida Carre will be the choreographer.
- Rodgers & Hammerstein’s “Cinderella” will run at the Hope Mill Theatre from the 1st of November until the 11th of December. It will be directed by Joseph Houston and choreographed by William Whelton.
- “Jagged Little Pill” will transfer from Broadway to London in November.
- Strictly stars Graziano de Prima & Giadi Lini will be choreographing a brand new musical called “La Bamba” – based on the story of Richie Vallens.
- In the Autumn, Northern Ballet will visit 10 cities with revivals of two family favourites: “The Little Mermaid” & “The Nutcracker”, plus a premiere of “Three Short Ballets”. The season will open at the Leeds Playhouse.
Auditions & Vacancies
- Stuart Glover is looking for male dancers with excellent acro / fire and other circus skills available in December. Contact: email@example.com
- Sadlers Wells is auditioning for the UK and International tour of “Message In A Bottle” with ZooNation for April 2023 – May 2024. For further information and to apply go to the Sadlers Wells website. The deadline for applications is the 26th of October..
- Wayne McGregor is looking for dancers. The audition is on the 10th of December, with call backs on the 11th. The deadline for applications is the 28th of October. For more details, visit: www.waynemcgregor.com
- “Hamilton” is seeking dancers who can sing. The auditions will be held in London in October. For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taira Foo is looking for dancers of playing age 35+ for her new project. Rehearsals will be from the 7th until the 24th of November in London, with a performance on the 25th of November in Liverpool. The fee is £1,482 plus accommodation. For more information, contact Taira at: email@example.com
- The Pegasus Theatre is offering £1,000 to 3 dance artists to showcase their work in “Moving With The Times”, part of the 2023 Dancing Oxford Spring Dance Festival taking place on the 3rd and 4th of March 2023. For more information contact: www.pegasustheatre.org.uk
- Burn The Floor is looking for 10 dancers who specialise in Ballroom. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Erica Mulkern is looking for a Ballet Teacher – cover in Leeds for the 14th of November and the 21st of November for Advanced Ballet Technique at Leeds University. Email Erica on: email@example.com
- The Las Vegas show “Rouge” is looking for male dancers who are eligible to work in America. For more details contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alton Towers are currently recruiting performers for the Halloween Season. Visit the website to apply.
- Performers College Birmingham are recruiting for a Principle Lecturer of Jazz and Tap. For further information, contact: email@example.com
- Three Rings Agency is looking for dancers for show contracts in Las Vegas. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pontins is looking for dancers to join their entertainment teams around the UK. Find out more and apply to: email@example.com
- The Place in London is looking for Professional Dance Teachers. Visit the website for further details and how to apply.
- BOR Productions are casting for several of their cruise ship contracts with MSC Cruises. For more details contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Royal Ballet star Mica Bradbury is collaborating with physiotherapist (and ex-dancer) Aimee Higgs to offer a strength and conditioning workshop at the Royal Opera House on the 20th of November from 1.00 – 5.00pm. Contact Mica for more details: email@example.com
- Madeleine Louise is offering a “Technique For Pro’s” class at the Husky Studios in London on the 28th of October from 10.00 – 2.00pm for £40. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bethany Entwistle is teaching a commercial dance class at Dancehouse in Leeds on the 25th of October from 8.15 – 9.30pm.
- Sir Matt Bourne’s New Adventures is offering a “Winter Adventure” from the 22nd to the 24th of November. The deadline for applications is the 28th of October. Apply at: new-adventures.net/opportunities
- Katie Mayfield is offering a Musical Theatre class on Fridays from 7.30 – 8.30pm at the Alexandra Studios in Brighton – starting on the 21st of October – for £8. DM Katie on her Instagram to book.
- Elise Bulley is offering classes on Mondays from 6.00 – 7.00pm at the Coastguard Studios in Southsea. Book via: empowerwithelise.simplybookit/v2
- Chloe Miles is doing a Heels class every Monday from 7.15 – 8.15pm at Unit 6, Stumps Lane in Spalding for £5. Email: email@example.com
- Hannah Cleeve has a weekly Heels class at Base Dance Studios (the James Brown Studio) on Wednesdays from 1.00 – 2.30pm for £11.
- Flavia Cacace is offering a Beginners Couples Class at Blackawton Village Hall, Totnes, on Thursdays at 7.00pm. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BOP Jazz Theatre Artists Development Lab will take place every Friday at Morley College with Dollie Henry, starting on the 7th of October from 12.00 – 4.00pm.
- Amy Ireland has a weekly Tap class at the Base Studios on Thursdays at 2.00pm and Contemporary Jazz at 3.00pm.
- 3 Rings Talent offers a Commercial class with Beky Humphreys every Tuesday from 2.30 – 4.00pm at Base Dance studio in London.
- Nafisah Baba is teaching at Danceworks in London on Wednesdays from 5.30 – 7.00pm and on Tuesdays from 8.00 – 9.30pm.
- Lowri Jackson has a weekly Heels class at Base Studios on Saturdays from 4.00 – 5.30pm.
- Martina Gumbs is doing a Jazz Heels class on Wednesdays from 7.00 – 8.15pm for £7 at Studio 25, Manchester. For more details and to book, contact: email@example.com
- Holly Stubbings is giving a Contemporary Fusion class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Fridays from 6.00 – 7.00pm.
- Jared Hageman is offering a Jazz class on Mondays from 5.30 – 7.00pm for £9 at the Hub Studio in London.
- Shona Wilson has a Commercial class at Base Studios on Thursday from 8.30 – 9.55pm.
- Aileen Carroll-Turner is offering Adult Ballet classes at intermediate level on Mondays from 8.00 – 9.30pm at CTSD in Brighton. Students £8.50 and drop ins £9.50.
- Laura Morse is offering a class on Wednesdays at Base Studios, London, from 5.30 – 6.55pm. Book your space via the app.
- Haley Monaghan is teaching a Heels class on Wednesdays from 8.30 – 10.00pm at the Base Dance Studios in London for £12. Book your place via the app.
- Kim Collins is offering a Commercial class every Wednesday & Saturday from 1.00 – 2.25pm at the Base Dance Studios in London.
- Christopher Tendai is offering a Musical Theatre Jazz class at Pineapple Studios, London, on Tuesdays from 10.15 – 11.45am.
- Gareth Walker is teaching a Commercial Jazz dance class at the Pineapple Studios every Tuesday at 3.15pm.
- Ombracuradance have a weekly Hip Hop / Experimental dance class at The Base Studios on Mondays at 8.30 – 9.55pm
- Katie Deacon has an Advanced / Pro Ballet Class at the Pineapple Dance Studios on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 1.30pm.
- Christabelle Field is teaching a Latin Jazz class at the Base Dance Studio on Thursdays from 2.30 – 4.00pm for £9 in the Timberlake Studio. Christabelle also teaches at the Dance Attic on Thursday from 6.15 – 8.15pm.
- Louise Barton has a Commercial Dance class at the Pineapple Dance Studios every Friday from 1.45 – 3.15pm.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 5.00 – 6.00pm (Studio 2) & Wednesday from 7.45 – 8.45pm (Studio 1). There is also a Commercial Edge class at Base Studios on Thursday from 2.30 – 4.00pm (James Brown Studio).
Film And Video
- Charlotte Hawthorne will appear in a new Netflix show called “Dance 100” in the USA. The show is due out in December.
- We spotted Nikkita Chadha in the new campaign for Sephora.
- We spotted Abigail Chown dancing with Layton Williams at Comic Con.
Dincwear Dancewear will keep watching the news and bring you further updates in the next edition.
View The Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.