All the latest news from Dincwear Dancewear.
Danny Boyle to direct hip-hop version of The Matrix with immersive dance show ‘Free Your Mind’ in Manchester.
The Matrix Set to Become a Dance Show Directed by Danny Boyle.
The Matrix is well known for bringing some mind-bending special effects to the screen, but now it looks like the sci-fi franchise could be bringing its stunning choreography to life in a whole new way: as a dance adaptation directed by Trainspotting’s Danny Boyle. In one of the most unexpected transitions to stage, The Matrix dance extravaganza will be called Free Your Mind, and is set to come from Warner Bros. Theater Ventures next October at the U.K.’s Factory International venue in Manchester.
According to Variety, Free Your Mind will be a “large-scale immersive performance” and will be the inaugural show at the new arts venue in the north of England. The logline reads:
“Combining the hip-hop choreography of hundreds of dancers with the latest immersive design, ‘Free Your Mind’ will take audiences on a thrilling journey through ‘The Matrix’ and into a new realm of possibilities. This eye-opening production will stretch across the building’s ultra-flexible spaces, responding to them and harnessing the collective energy of the moment.”
Kaye Adams and Kai Widdrington become the first to leave Strictly 2022.
Kaye Adams has shared the awkward encounter she suffered hours after it was revealed that she was the first celebrity to be eliminated from Strictly Come Dancing. The Loose Women star found herself up against singer Matt Goss in the dance-off during Sunday night’s results show.
The judges’ scores this week were added to those from last week, and were then combined with the results of the viewers’ votes to decide the lowest-scoring two couples. After finding herself in the bottom two, Kaye, 59. performed her latest routine with partner Kai Widdrington for the second time after Saturday evening’s second live show of the 20th series of the BBC One dance contest.
But despite their exit already being confirmed by Craig, Motsi and Anton, head judge Shirley Ballas revealed that she would have saved the departing couple. When asked by host Tess Daly if she agreed with her fellow judges, she said: “I didn’t, I thought due to a little better quality, I would have saved Kaye and Kai.”
But hours after Strictly fans watched her final dance, Kaye took to Twitter to share the very awkward situation she found herself in while staying in a hotel. Taking to Twitter, the presenter typed: “Just ordered room service in my hotel. The nice lady who brought it asked me ‘any idea who went out of @bbcstrictly tonight.?’ I said ‘me’ awkward silence.”
Six the Musical reveals new cast for show in London’s West End.
The hit production is currently playing at the Vaudeville Theatre booking through to 29 October 2023.
With a powerhouse pop score by Toby Marlow and Lucy Moss, Six turns Tudor queens into pop princesses as 500 years of historical heartbreak becomes an hour of 21st century sass.
Meet the new cast!
Starting performances on 18 October, the new West End cast will feature Rhianne-Louise McCaulsky as Catherine of Aragon, Baylie Carson as Anne Boleyn, Claudia Kariuki as Jane Seymour, Dionne Ward-Anderson as Anna of Cleves, Koko Basigara as Katherine Howard and Roxanne Couch as Catherine Parr.
They are joined by alternates Monique Ashe-Palmer, Danielle Rose, Leah Vassell, Rachel Rawlinson and Esme Rothero.
Six is directed by Lucy Moss and Jamie Armitage, with choreography by Carrie-Anne Ingrouille, set design by Emma Bailey, costumes by Gabriella Slade, lighting by Tim Deiling and sound by Paul Gatehouse with orchestrations by Tom Curran and supervision and vocal arrangements by Joe Beighton. Casting is by Pearson Casting.
Alongside the London production, a Six The Musical UK tour is continuing to perform at venues across the UK with dates scheduled well into 203.
Aljaž and Janette – A Christmas to Remember.
Billed to be the best Christmas song and dance show in town!
Shake your tinsel and polish your baubles, this is the Christmas show that everyone has been wanting. Two of our favourite Strictly stars with dancers, singers, lavish costumes and sets with all our favourite Christmas hits.
It’s the ultimate yuletide jukebox and a show full of family-filled merry-making. See our fabulous cast create tidings and joy performing festive feasts from the Golden Age of Hollywood to Disney Christmas crackers. Celebrate with songs from Phil Spector, Mariah Carey, Michael Bublé, and a whole assortment of pop festive classics, carols and crooners. There really is something for everyone.
25 November 2022
Nottingham Royal Concert Hall
26 November 2022
29 November 2022
Manchester Bridgewater Hall
02 December 2022
Southend Cliffs Pavilion
03 December 2022
Belfast Waterfront Hall
05 December 2022
Bath The Forum
06 December 2022
Birmingham Symphony Hall
10 December 2022
Blackpool Blackpool Opera House
11 December 2022
London Theatre Royal Drury Lane
12 December 2022
Cardiff St Davids Hall
13 December 2022
Glasgow Sec Armadillo
17 December 2022
Newcastle O2 City Hall Newcastle
18 December 2022
It will be a December to remember….Santa Claus is coming to town… so let’s make a song & dance, celebrating the most wonderful time of the year!
Janette: “We want to invite you to join us for the classiest, sparkliest Christmas party that you will have ever been invited to. We will be going on a magical journey, celebrating the twelve days leading up to Christmas.”
Aljaž: “We will be sharing our childhood Christmas stories, exploring what we both love most about this special time of the year. We will be making merry with all the joy of what Christmas is truly all about.”
General News & Sighting
- The first contestant to leave Strictly this year was Kaye Adams and her partner Kai. The pro dance was choreographed by Elizabeth Honan and featured Nancy.
- Dates and details have been revealed for “Oklahoma” in the West End. The show will open at the Wyndham Theatre on the 28th of February 2023, with previews from the 16th of February. The choreography is by John Heginbotham.
- “Bugsy Malone” will run at the Alexandra Palace Theatre in North London from the 3rd of December until the 15th of January 2023. The choreography is by Drew McOnie.
- “Wicked” has extended its West End run until the 26th of November 2023. It is now the 9th longest running West End musical.
- A new quintet of cast members will join “Six – The Musical” from the 18th of October. The new Queens are: Rhianne-Louise McCaulsky, Baylie Carson, Koko Basigara, Monique Ashe-Palmer & Leah Vassell. The show has extended its run at the Vaudeville Theatre until October 2023. The choreography is by Carrie-Anne Ingrouille.
- “Judy: No Place Like Home” will take place at the Lyric Theatre in London on the 28th of November, featuring performers like Mica Paris and Bonnie Langford, in aid of Centrepoint.
- “Strictly Come Dancing Live” announced the dates for its 2023 tour, starting in Birmingham on the 20th of January. The host will be Janette Manrara.
- The new Theatre Cafe Diner is opening on the 8th of October in London.
- It was announced that Joanne Clifton will be doing the “Choreography Corner” on Strictly’s “It Takes Two”.
- Aakash Odedra, the Leicester based dance company, has appointed Ali Robertson as its Interim Executive Director.
- David Collins is joining Northern Ballet as its new Executive Director.
Future Dance Events News
- A “Hocus Pocus” musical is on its way to Broadway, according to David Kirschner, the producer of the film.
- Oti Mabuse has organised “London Dance Nights” at the Novotel in Hammersmith on the 11th – 13th of November with dance shows, workshops and a dinner and dance.
- “Greatest Days”, the official Take That musical, is to tour the UK next year.
- A new production of “Miss Saigon” will be presented at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield from the 8th of July 2023 until the 12th of August. It will star Joanna Ampil.
- The Broadway musical “Ain’t Too Proud” is to open at the Prince Edward theatre on the 31st of March next year replacing “Mary Poppins”. The Broadway show won a Tony award for Best Choreography by Sergio Trujilio.
- The cast and creatives of the Theatre du Chatelet’s production of “42nd Street” have been announced. It will be directed and choreographed by Stephen Mear and will open on the 7th of December.
- The “Ballet Icons Gala” will take place on the 19th of February 2023 at the London Coliseum. Graham Watts is the Artistic Advisor.
- Disney’s “Winnie The Pooh” will be coming to a UK theatre in Spring 2023.
- The new production of “We Will Rock You” will begin its world tour in Manila in October. The choreography is by Nick Winston.
- The Mill at Sonning has unveiled its 2022-23 season of shows including two musical revivals: “Top Hat” will star Jonny Labey with choreography from Ashley Nottingham and take place from the 16th of November until the 30th of December. “Gypsy” will play from the 24th of May until the 15th of July 2023. The casting and creatives for the latter show have yet to be announced.
- “Everybody’s Talking About Jamie” has confirmed new dates for its second UK tour which begins in September 2023. It will open at The Lowry in Salford on the 7th of September.
- ZooNation announced its production of “Mixtape” – celebrating 20 years of the Kate Prince company. It will take place at Sadlers Wells from the 5th to the 8th of October. The performance will be co-directed by Dannielle “Rhimes” Lecointe and Bradley Charles. There will be special guest performers from the past and the present.
- Simon Lipkin and Georgina Castle will star in the West End revival of the musical “Elf” at the Dominion Theatre. The choreography is by Liam Steel. The show will open on the 14th of November.
- “Annie” will embark on a new tour in 2023, opening at the Curve Theatre in Leicester on the 25th of February before touring.
- “Back To The Future” has revealed plans to open on Broadway in 2023.
- Dolly Parton’s “Smokey Mountain Christmas Carol – A New Musical” will get a European premiere in December at the Southbank Centre in London. It will play from the 8th of December until the 8th of January 2023.
- Further touring dates were announced for the new production of “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – The Musical”. It will open at the Leeds Playhouse on the 18th of November.
- Casting was announced for the world premiere of “Mandela”, the new musical at The Young Vic theatre in London. It will star Michael Luwoye as Nelson Mandela and Danielle Fiamanya as Winnie Mandela. The show will run from the 29th of November until the 4th of February 2023. The choreography is by Gregory Maqoma.
- “The Bodyguard” will embark on a new UK tour at Glasgow on the 28th of January 2023.
- Disney’s musical “Newsies” will begin at the Troubadour Theatre Wembley Park on the 29th of November, with an official premiere on the 8th of December. Direction and choreography is by Matt Cole, with Jane McMurtrie as Associate Choreographer.
- A new production of “Shrek The Musical” announced a UK tour from July 2023. Nick Winston will be the choreographer.
- “Dirty Dancing” is to return to the Dominion Theatre on the 21st of January 2023. The choreography is by Austin Wilks.
- A new production of “From Here To Eternity” is coming to the Charing Cross Theatre from the 29th of October. Cressida Carre will be the choreographer.
- Disney musical “Newsies” will have its UK premiere on the 28th of November at the Troubadour Wembley Park Theatre, London. The choreography is by Matt Cole.
- Rodgers & Hammerstein’s “Cinderella” will run at the Hope Mill Theatre from the 1st of November until the 11th of December. It will be directed by Joseph Houston and choreographed by William Whelton.
- “Jagged Little Pill” will transfer from Broadway to London in November.
- Strictly stars Graziano de Prima & Giadi Lini will be choreographing a brand new musical called “La Bamba” – based on the story of Richie Vallens.
- In the Autumn, Northern Ballet will visit 10 cities with revivals of two family favourites: “The Little Mermaid” & “The Nutcracker”, plus a premiere of “Three Short Ballets”. The season will open at the Leeds Playhouse.
Auditions & Vacancies
- The “Moulin Rouge” in Paris is auditioning for dancers. The UK auditions are in Leeds on the 7th of October at Studio 3 and London on the 13th & 14th of October at the Pineapple Studios. Visit the Moulin Rouge website to register.
- AMCK have an open audition in Dusseldorf, Germany, for the MTV Awards on the 10th of October. Register for the full details on the link in the AMCK Instagram bio.
- Wayne McGregor is looking for dancers. The audition is on the 10th of December, with call backs on the 11th. The deadline for applications is the 28th of October. For more details, visit: www.waynemcgregor.com
- “Hamilton” is seeking dancers who can sing. The auditions will be held in London in October. For more information contact: email@example.com
- The Joffrey Ballet School of the USA will be holding auditions at the Can You Dance Super Convention on the 15th & 16th of October in Liverpool.
- Taira Foo is looking for dancers of playing age 35+ for her new project. Rehearsals will be from the 7th until the 24th of November in London, with a performance on the 25th of November in Liverpool. The fee is £1,482 plus accommodation. For more information, contact Taira at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Pegasus Theatre is offering £1,000 to 3 dance artists to showcase their work in “Moving With The Times”, part of the 2023 Dancing Oxford Spring Dance Festival taking place on the 3rd and 4th of March 2023. For more information contact: www.pegasustheatre.org.uk
- Burn The Floor is looking for 10 dancers who specialise in Ballroom. Email: email@example.com
- Erica Mulkern is looking for a Ballet Teacher – cover in Leeds for the 10th of October, 14th of November and the 21st of November for Advanced Ballet Technique at Leeds University. Email Erica on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Las Vegas show “Rouge” is looking for male dancers who are eligible to work in America. For more details contact: email@example.com
- Alton Towers are currently recruiting performers for the Halloween Season. Visit the website to apply.
- Performers College Birmingham are recruiting for a Principle Lecturer of Jazz and Tap. For further information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Three Rings Agency is looking for dancers for show contracts in Las Vegas. Contact: email@example.com
- Pontins is looking for dancers to join their entertainment teams around the UK. Find out more and apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Place in London is looking for Professional Dance Teachers. Visit the website for further details and how to apply.
- BOR Productions are casting for several of their cruise ship contracts with MSC Cruises. For more details contact: email@example.com
- Hannah Cleeve has a weekly Heels class at Base Dance Studios (the James Brown Studio) on Wednesdays from 1.00 – 2.30pm for £11.
- Claudimar Neto is holding a dance class at the “Can You Dance” Superconvention on the 15th of October at 11.00am.
- Megan Westpfel is doing a Movement workshop from 11.00am – 5.00pm on the 15th of October at the Hub Dance Studio for £80. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sammi Lee Jayne, fresh back from dancing on the Dua Lipa tour, has a 2 hour workshop on the 4th of October at the Urdang Academy from 7.30 – 9.30pm for £16. You can book via Sammi’s Instagram.
- Poppy Tremlett and Olivia Rose Shouler are teaching an “Improvers Pop-Up” on the 6th of October from 7.00 – 8.30pm at the Base Studios. Book on the Base app.
- Joanne Clifton is giving a workshop on the 21st of October at 7.00pm at the Bull Theatre in High Barnett for £15. You can book online at: www.dancewright.co.uk/classes
- Flavia Cacace is offering a Beginners Couples Class at Blackawton Village Hall, Totnes, on Thursdays at 7.00pm. Email: email@example.com
- BOP Jazz Theatre Artists Development Lab will take place every Friday at Morley College with Dollie Henry, starting on the 7th of October from 12.00 – 4.00pm.
- Amy Ireland has a weekly Tap class at the Base Studios on Thursdays at 2.00pm and Contemporary Jazz at 3.00pm.
- 3 Rings Talent offers a Commercial class with Beky Humphreys every Tuesday from 2.30 – 4.00pm at Base Dance studio in London.
- Nafisah Baba is teaching at Danceworks in London on Wednesdays from 5.30 – 7.00pm and on Tuesdays from 8.00 – 9.30pm.
- Lowri Jackson has a weekly Heels class at Base Studios on Saturdays from 4.00 – 5.30pm.
- Martina Gumbs is doing a Jazz Heels class on Wednesdays from 7.00 – 8.15pm for £7 at Studio 25, Manchester. For more details and to book, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Holly Stubbings is giving a Contemporary Fusion class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Fridays from 6.00 – 7.00pm.
- Jared Hageman is offering a Jazz class on Mondays from 5.30 – 7.00pm for £9 at the Hub Studio in London.
- Shona Wilson has a Commercial class at Base Studios on Thursday from 8.30 – 9.55pm.
- Aileen Carroll-Turner is offering Adult Ballet classes at intermediate level on Mondays from 8.00 – 9.30pm at CTSD in Brighton. Students £8.50 and drop ins £9.50.
- Laura Morse is offering a class on Wednesdays at Base Studios, London, from 5.30 – 6.55pm. Book your space via the app.
- Haley Monaghan is teaching a Heels class on Wednesdays from 8.30 – 10.00pm at the Base Dance Studios in London for £12. Book your place via the app.
- Kim Collins is offering a Commercial class every Wednesday & Saturday from 1.00 – 2.25pm at the Base Dance Studios in London.
- Christopher Tendai is offering a Musical Theatre Jazz class at Pineapple Studios, London, on Tuesdays from 10.15 – 11.45am.
- Gareth Walker is teaching a Commercial Jazz dance class at the Pineapple Studios every Tuesday at 3.15pm.
- Ombracuradance have a weekly Hip Hop / Experimental dance class at The Base Studios on Mondays at 8.30 – 9.55pm
- Katie Deacon has an Advanced / Pro Ballet Class at the Pineapple Dance Studios on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 1.30pm.
- Christabelle Field is teaching a Latin Jazz class at the Base Dance Studio on Thursdays from 2.30 – 4.00pm for £9 in the Timberlake Studio. Christabelle also teaches at the Dance Attic on Thursday from 6.15 – 8.15pm.
- Louise Barton has a Commercial Dance class at the Pineapple Dance Studios every Friday from 1.45 – 3.15pm.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 5.00 – 6.00pm (Studio 2) & Wednesday from 7.45 – 8.45pm (Studio 1). There is also a Commercial Edge class at Base Studios on Thursday from 2.30 – 4.00pm (James Brown Studio).
Film And Video
- We spotted the following dancers in George Ezra’s new video for “Dance All Over Me”: Lily Louisa Field, Lorna Brown, Emi Ichikawa, T’yanna-Nicole Attram, Shanice Ivy Burton, Lia Williams, Alice Rhodes, Sarah Seville, Georgia Brown, Emma Holt, Sasha Fleet, Sonia Benito, Evie Webzell, Grace Middleton & Jazz Peters. The choreography was by Suzette Brissett.
- We spotted Pfion Vince, Sakeema Crook, Novaya Shey, Emily Haygarth, Aleishia Williams & Janet Mayer in Sam Smith’s new music video for “Unholy”. The choreography was by Marine Brutti and Daniel Alwell.
- We spotted Eliza May Jackson, Lolly Campbell & Abi Mendonca working with Cabaret Rouge at the Dorchester Hotel in London.
- We spotted Molly McGibbon, Novaya Shey, Faye Revlon & Johnny White in the new Virgin Atlantic campaign. The contract was with AMCK and the choreography is by Benjamin Jonsson.
Dincwear Dancewear will keep watching the news and bring you further updates in the next edition.
View The Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.