Some productions like “Hairspray” have opened to socially distanced audiences – and a standing ovation! Other productions are waiting to open to fuller audiences hopefully on July the 19th. Here is the rest of the news that the team at Dincwear Dancewear thinks will interest pro dancers.
- Andrew Lloyd Weber states that he will refuse to take part in a Government Pilot Scheme unless all theatres can take part. He will open “Cinderella” to a covid restricted audience and fund the consequent losses himself. Performances will begin on the 25th of June and move to full capacity on July the 19th.
- Full casting has been revealed for the West End return of “Prince Of Egypt“. The show will re-open to socially distanced audiences on the 1st of July.
- “Be More Chill” confirms that it will open this month with social distancing. Heading the cast is Blake Patrick Anderson & Miracle Chance. It will open from the 30th of June until the 5th of September. Choreography is by Chase Brock.
- “Matilda” announces the cast for its West End return on the 16th of September.
- “Pretty Woman” will open at the Savoy Theatre on the 8th of July to socially distanced audiences.
- The Curve Theatre, Leicester, postpones its production of “Rent” due to the uncertainties of the Covid roadmap.
- CiCi Howells will be directing and choreographing “Little Women” at the Blue Orange Theatre from the 8th – 10th of July.
- Strictly stars Janette & Aljaz released their first podcast.
- The Underbelly Festival will still be opening on July the 1st in Cavendish Square, London, and will adhere to the current covid guidelines.
Future Dance News
- New tour dates have been released for “Bat Out Of Hell“. It will open on September the 11th at the Manchester Opera House. Choreography will be by Xena Gusthart.
- Nick Winston will be the Associate Director & Choreographer on “Beauty & The Beast” at the Piccadilly Theatre.
- The cast of “Carousel” began rehearsals with Drew McOnie.
Appointments and Auditions
- Body Politic is looking for an experienced Hip Hop teacher to join their team in Oxford – £35 – 45 an hour. Contact Emma-Jane Grieg at: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday the 15th of July.
- Phoenix Youth Academies are holding auditions for young dancers based in Leeds, York, Gateshead & Doncaster in June and July. For further information contact: www.phoenixdancetheatre.co.uk
- La Duca Shoes are looking for an Assistant Manager for its London shop. Visit the website for details. The closing date for applications is Friday the 9th of July.
- Thiago Soares has been appointed Director of the Ballet de Monterey in Mexico.
- The National Dance Company, Wales, announced that Matthew Robinson would be the new Artistic Director.
- Nafisah Baba offers a dance class at Dreamworks, London, every Wednesday from 5.30 – 7.00 pm.
- Scarlette Ellyse is offering a Commercial dance class at Space Six, Newcastle, on Wednesdays from 6.00 – 7.00 pm for £7.
- Redbox Dance has a London Dance Camp from July the 31st – August the 1st. Teachers include Kenrick, Jay Revell, Philip Birchill, Lisa Spencer & Nikki Trow. Contact: www.Redboxdance.com for further details.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Jazz Peters has a Summer Workshop on Sunday the 25th of July. For further details & to book contact: email@example.com
- Li Li Hodge is doing an intermediate/advanced heels class on Monday evenings at 8.45 pm. Further information is in Li Li’s Instagram Bio.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 3.30 – 4.30 pm & Wednesday from 8.00 – 9.00 pm. There is also a class at Base Studios on Thursday from 1.00 – 2.30 pm.
Film And Video
- There are a lot of pro dancers like Ashley Shaw & Chrissy Brooke working on Disney’s new film “Disenchanted” in Ireland at the moment.
- Project Female presents the film: “The Control Project” – a fusion of hip hop & contemporary dance – at the Wagner Hall, Brighton, on Friday the 25th and Saturday the 26th of June at 6.30 pm. Tickets are available from the Brighton Fringe website.
- We spotted that Alexandra Sarmiento is working as the Associate Choreographer on Natalie Imbruglia’s new video for “Build It Better” . We spotted dancers: Jade Albertson, Jaih Betote, Luke Jackson & Charlotte Wilmott in the video.
- We spotted Jazz Peters credited in the film “Cruella“.
- We spotted Yasmin “Chi Chi” Ogbu in the latest Lloyds Bank advert.
- We spotted Demi Rox in Dua Lipa’s new video: “Love Again“.
- We spotted Tasmin Thorneycroft in Joy Crooke’s new video: “Feet Don’t Fail Me Now“.
- We spotted Rochelle Holmes in the latest advert for Graze Snacks.
So the uncertainty over the Government’s covid roadmap is making it incredibly difficult for productions to get up and running. Plus there appear to be no plans for a Government-backed insurance scheme that could help reduce these concerns.
The team at Dincwear Dancewear will continue to monitor events closely and bring them to you in next week’s edition.
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.