All the latest news from Dincwear Pro Dancewear.
Strictly’s Katya Jones ‘exploring other opportunities’ after covering for Janette Manrara.
Strictly Come Dancing professional Katya Jones told reporters that she is looking to “explore other opportunities” after stepping in for her pregnant pal Janette Manrara.
Katya Jones, 33, recently received a last-minute call from her Strictly Come Dancing pals Janette Manrara, 39, and Aljaz Skorjanec, 33, to stand in for the pregnant star while she is unable to dance.
Katya and Aljaz then put together a show in two days, with Janette as host, and wowed the audience at Donahey’s Dancing With The Stars Weekends.
Speaking to Express.co.uk, Katya said the timing was “just perfect” because she is looking to explore other avenues rather than “just being on Strictly”.
She said: “When Janette found out she was pregnant, Aljaz asked me to partner him which was actually just perfect because [I’m using] this summer to sort of put my foot out into other avenues and explore different opportunities rather than just being a Strictly dancer.
“I appreciate [Strictly] so much, it has given the platform to so many different things so it’s perfect.
“I get to dance with Aljaz and Janette is one of my closest friends from the Strictly gang and we always support each other.
“Look at her go, chasing her dreams and grabbing all the opportunities.
“We literally have been messaging each other like, ‘Yes go girl’ watching all the things she is doing and championing her.”
Janette joined the Strictly team in 2013 and was one of the professionals until 2021 when she replaced Zoe Ball on It Takes Two.
Her husband Aljaz joined in the same year and left one year after Janette.
It comes as Katya and her best friend, Olympic snowboarder Aimee Fuller, took part in the new series of Celebrity Hunted.
The Channel 4 thriller sees famous faces go on the run as fugitives hoping to avoid capture by the Hunters.
Mamma Mia! TV talent show I Have A Dream announces judge and host line-up.
The host and judge line-up for the forthcoming Mamma Mia! I Have a Dream has been revealed by ITV.
The TV competition will consist of eight episodes revolving around the search for two actors to play the roles of Sophie and Sky in the West End production of Mamma Mia!. The series will be filmed against the backdrop of the Greek islands, where the musical is set, culminating in a live grand finale, broadcast from a West End theatre.
The stage show’s producer Judy Craymer, who will also co-executive produce the TV series, commented: “I know there is a wealth of talent out there and I’m so thrilled that – with the help of these fabulous judges and ‘Rock Chick Supremo’ host Zoe Ball – we will find the musical stars of the future to appear in Mamma Mia!’s landmark 25th year. The judges complement one another so well.
“Alan has a unique comedic insight, Jessie a wealth of music industry experience and Samantha and Amber are the ultimate stage musical powerhouses who know exactly what it takes to get on stage eight times a week in a smash hit musical in London’s West End.”
Throughout the series, contestants will be put through a variety of workshops, challenges, masterclasses and performances, all while being mentored by guest industry professionals and judged by an expert panel.
The panel will consist of comedian and TV personality Alan Carr, singer songwriter Jessie Ware, WhatsOnStage and Olivier Award winner Amber Riley and Samantha Barks, star of Frozen.
Zoe Ball, who will host the series, said: “Our contestants are going to go through quite the journey, believe me, but like the show and like the movie, there is going to be song, there is going to be dance and there’s going to be fun in the sun. And we cannot wait for you to come on that journey with us.”
Riley added: “I’m really excited to be a part of such an incredible project. Musical theatre has played such an integral role in my growth as a performer. I am all too happy to share what I’ve learned and to cheer on the world’s next biggest stars! Mamma Mia, here we go!”
Barks continued: “For sure they are going to go on a really hard journey, it’s going to be so much fun, but it’s going to be like the movie! We’re going to be in Greece, the sun will be shining, and I cannot wait for you guys to watch it.
“I just feel so honoured to get to be on the judging panel because I know what they’re going through, I’ve been there before and I can’t wait to guide them, challenge them, and be there for them.”
A launch date on ITV1 is still to be confirmed. The show continues to play in the West End.
Disney releases trailer for new animated musical Wish.
Walt Disney Animation Studios has released a brand new trailer for its upcoming animated musical Wish.
The movie features the voices of stage and screen favourites Ariana DeBose (West Side Story) as Asha and Alan Tudyk (Spamalot) as Asha’s favorite goat, Valentino. Chris Pine (Wonder Woman) has also been cast as the film’s antagonist, Magnifico.
The trailer also includes a snippet of the song “This Wish”, written by Julia Michaels and Benjamin Rice and performed by DeBose.
Set in the fantastical kingdom of Rosas, the story follows Asha, who makes a powerful wish that is answered by a cosmic force from the sky: Star. Together they confront King Magnifico in an attempt to save her community.
Wish will be released in cinemas across the UK on 22 November 2023.
Victoria and David Beckham recreate sexy Dirty Dancing routine to celebrate his birthday.
Victoria Beckham posted a passionate tribute to her husband David Beckham on his birthday today, as they celebrated the footballer turning 48 in style with a saucy Dirty Dancing routine.
Victoria Beckham, 49, shared an intimate video of her husband David Beckham taking her by the hand as the pair performed a steamy dance routine.
The dance, which was shared to Victoria’s Instagram, featured the famous pair dancing to the song Hungry Eyes by Eric Carmen.
Victoria channeled Sandy from Grease in some skintight black trousers and matching top, pairing the ensemble with sky-high stilettos.
David matched his wife in all black as he led her confidently around the dance floor.
The fashion designer released the intimate clip in celebration of her husband turning 48 years old.
General News & Sighting
- Birmingham Hippodrome has launched an in-house musical department to develop future shows.
- Jowita Przystal, who won Strictly last year, has been nominated for the Best Female Personality for the National Reality TV Awards 2023.
- Diversity announced its “Supernova” tour for 2023/4. There will be 88 shows in 40 different places.
- ZooNation’s “Message In A Bottle” embarks on a UK tour starting in Southampton on the 23rd of May.
- The complete cast has been revealed for the revival of “Assassins” at the Chichester Festival from the 3rd to the 24th of June. It will star Danny Mac, Liam Tamne and Charlotte Jaconelli. The choreography is by Neil Battles.
- Casting has been revealed for the UK tour of “The Full Monty”. It will star Danny Hatchard and Jake Quickenden and open in Cheltenham on the 14th of September. The choreography is by Ian West.
- The initial cast for “The Third Man” musical at the Menier Chocolate Factory has been announced. It will star Simon Bailey, Jonathan Andrew Hume, Sam Underwood and Natalie Dunne. The show will run from the 10th of June to the 9th of September. The choreography is by Rebecca Howell.
- “Cabaret” will have some new stars in the West End from the 29th of May. Maude Apatow is taking over the role of Sally Bowles and Mason Alexander Park will play the Emcee.
- “A Strange Loop” has announced its casting. It will star Kyle Ramar. The show will open on the 17th of June at the Barbican Theatre in London.
- The musical “Lizzie” is to be staged by the Hope Mill theatre in Manchester from the 1st of September until the 30th of September. It will be directed and choreographed by William Whelton, with assistant choreographer Yandass Ndlovu. The casting is by Pearson Casting.
- Alice Fern will star in the new musical “Then, Now & Next”.
- New casting has been announced for “Oklahoma” in the West End. David King-Yombo will join the cast as Mike, Paige Peddie as Ado Annie and Sally Ann Triplett as Aunt Eller. Their first performance will be on the 15th of May.
- The initial line-up for this year’s Musical Con has been unveiled. It will take place at the Excel Centre in London on the 21st & 22nd of October.
- The nominations for the 76th annual Tony Awards have been revealed. “Some Like It Hot” led the way with 13 nominations while “& Juliet” received 9 nominations. The winners will be announced on the 11th of June.
Future Dance Events News
- The Chaka Khan musical “I’m Every Woman” announced plans to open in London. It will workshop in the West End in November. The director will be Racky Plews.
- The new musical “Starter for Ten” will premiere in Bristol next year at the Old Vic theatre from the 29th of February until the 30th of March 2024.
- “The King And I” will return to the West End in early 2024 starring Helen George and Darren Lee.
- “Sister Act – The Musical” will return to the Dominion theatre in the West End on the 15th of March 2024. It will star Beverley Knight and Alexandra Burke. The choreography is by Alistair David.
- “Hadestown” is to open in the West End in 2024. The choreographer is David Neumann.
- A musical based on the songs produced by Stock, Aitken and Waterman called “I Should Be So Lucky” will open in Manchester on the 1st of November.
- A new musical based on the life and work of Frank Sinatra will open at the Birmingham Rep on the 23rd of September. The director and choreographer is Kathleen Marshall.
- The lead cast has been unveiled for “We Will Rock You” opening in the West End. It will star Lee Mead and Brenda Edwards.
- The upcoming “Wicked” tour has announced its lead casting. Laura Pick will play Elphaba. The show will open in Edinburgh on the 7th of December. The choreography is by Wayne Cilento.
- “Jesus Christ Superstar” will tour the UK in 2023/4 opening in Manchester this September. The choreography is by Drew McOnie.
- “The Wizard of Oz” will embark on a UK tour at Liverpool Empire on the 13th of December. The choreography is by Shay Barclay.
- “Come From Away” has confirmed plans for a new tour beginning in March 2024. The choreography is by Tara Wilkinson and Kirsty Malpas.
- “Grease” will return to the Dominion Theatre in the West End from the 2nd of June. The choreography is by Arlene Phillips.
- The musical version of “Rebecca” will play at the Charing Cross theatre in London on the 4th of September.
Auditions & Vacancies
- Birmingham Hippodrome is inviting applications for the new role as Head of New Musical Theatre. The deadline for applications is the 9th of June.
- Phoenix Dance Theatre is looking for an Artistic Director. The closing date for applications is the 17th of May.
- Cathy Walker Company is looking for up to 8 dancers. The audition is on the 14th of May from 1.00 – 5.00pm, with the deadline for applications being the 24th of April. For more information, visit: www.cathywalker.com
- “Rouge” in Vegas is looking for male dancers. For more information, contact: email@example.com
- Sonia Sabri is looking for Indian dancers for a touring production. For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PNP Events is holding auditions for a re-developed version of “The Polar Express Train Ride”. Contact the company for more details.
- Royal Caribbean is auditioning for its production of “Cats”. Visit www.royalcaribbeanproductions.com for audition details.
- Bird College is looking for a Musical Theatre tutor to work 3 days a week in September. Contact the College for further details.
- Thursford Christmas Spectacular is auditioning for dancers on the 19th & 20th of June at the Pineapple Dance Studios in London. To register your interest, go to: www.thursfordjobs.com
- The Boury Academy and Studios is looking for dance teachers in Vauxhall. For more information, contact: email@example.com
- Burn The Floor is looking for exceptional ballroom dancers. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Platinum Academy in North London is extending its list of guest teachers. To apply, contact: email@example.com
- Hannah O’Brian is giving a Heels class on Wednesdays from 7.00 – 8.00pm in Chelmsford. DM Hannah on her Instagram for details.
- Carrie Willis is doing a Jazz Masterclass at Dance Attic on the 4th of May from 6.15 – 8.15pm.
- Gemma Hoddy is giving a class at Base Studios on Thursdays from 5.30 – 6.55pm.
- Tracey Illife is teaching “How To Bevel The Moulin Rouge Way” at Pineapple on the 8th of May from 12.00 – 1.30pm.
- Alice Crawford is teaching a Floor Barre class at Danceworks on the 6th of June from 10.00 – 11.30am.
- The TGS Summer Intensive 2023 will take place from the 24th until the 28th of July at Hemingford Pavilion. Guest teachers include: Ebony Clarke, Michael Naylor, Isaac Edwards, Travis Kerry & Jordi Guitart. You can book on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Callum Powell & Jared Hageman have an Elite Pro Experience on the 14th of May at the Dance Attic studio in London. You can book on: Eventbrite.
- Dance with Joanne Clifton on the 20th of May at the Assembly Hall in Worthing.
- Leonie Sian is offering a Contemporary class on the 2nd of July from 1.00 – 2.30pm at the Base Dance Studios in London.
- Royal Ballet stars Mica Bradbury and Sian Murphy are doing a Ballet Pros Masterclass at the Royal Opera House on the 14th of May from 11.00am – 3.00pm. For further details, contact: email@example.com
- Nicolette Whitley is offering a dance class on Thursdays from 6.15 – 7.15pm at the Inner Space in Nelwyn for £7. Reserve your space on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Strictly star Johannes Radebe is offering a Heels class at Heaven Nightclub in London on the 7th of June.
- Anita Mannings has a Contemporary Jazz Class (Int) on Wednesdays from 8.30 – 9.55pm at the Flow Dance Studios in Oval.
- Emma Levene is offering a General Ballet Core and Stretch Contemporary class at Forest Gate Community School on Thursdays from 7.00 – 8.00pm. Email to book: email@example.com
- Michael Naylor is teaching a new class on Thursdays at the Base Dance Studios from 2.30 – 4.00pm. Book via the Base app.
- Alexandre Novelli is offering a Beginners Commercial for Adults class every Tuesday at her Novelli Studios from 6.00 – 7.00pm.
- Amy Ireland has a Commercial Tap class at Pineapple Dance Studios in London on Thursdays at 12.15pm and a Contemporary Jazz class at 1.15pm. On Fridays Amy teaches Beginners Tap at 10.15am.
- Nafisah Baba is teaching a weekly Lyrical Contemporary Intermediate / Advanced class at Danceworks in London every Tuesday from 8.00 – 9.30pm.
- Lucy Jane Adcock is teaching a Show Tap class at Base Dance Studios on Wednesdays at 11.30am.
- Poppy Tremlett is offering an Improvers Choreography class at Base Dance Studios on Tuesdays from 8.30 – 10.00pm.
- Rachel Bolsworth is teaching an Absolute Beginners Heels class from 7.00 – 8.00pm on Tuesdays and an Improvers Beginners Heels class on Monday from 8.30 – 9.30pm at Pineapple Dance Studios.
- Hannah Cleeve is giving a Heels Technique class on Wednesdays from 1.00 – 2.30pm each week at the Base Dance Studios.
- Jazz Dance Rewired will present a 2 day programme of jazz dance theatre at the Place in London on the 27th of May and the 3rd of June.
- Kamila Zalewska is teaching at the Base Studios in London on Mondays from 4.00 – 5.25pm for intermediate/advanced level. Book on the Base app.
Film And Video
- Disney has released a trailer for it’s new animated musical “Wish”. The film will be released in the UK on the 22nd of November.
- ZooNation’s “Message In A Bottle” has been filmed for cinema release in May 2024.
- The new talent show “I have A Dream” announced the line-up of hosts and a judge. Zoe Ball will host the series.
- The creator of “Mamma Mia” revealed that a third film is in the planning.
- We spotted the following dancers in the new music video “Waffle House” for the Jonas Brothers: Kailum Richardson, Jamie Bell, Kieran D-W, Becky Wong, Molly McGibbon, Emma Stansall, Kloe Dean, Li Li Hodge & Mollie Goddard. The choreography is by Jerry Reeve and Jain Betote and the contract was with the Kutes Agency.
View All The Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.