All the latest news from Dincwear Pro Dancewear.
Strictly Come Dancing confirms 2023 judges and professional dancer line-up.
Strictly Come Dancing has officially announced its judging line-up for the 2023 series.
Craig Revel Horwood, Motsi Mabuse, Anton Du Beke and head judge Shirley Ballas are all returning, the BBC has confirmed.
The professional dancer line-up for the 21st series of the BBC show has also been confirmed. The show’s most recent champion Jowita Przystal, who lifted the glitter ball with wildlife cameraman Hamza Yassin, is returning to the dance floor, along with the other pros who made the 2022 final – Gorka Marquez, Carlos Gu and Vito Coppola.
Strictly couple Nadiya Bychkova and Kai Widdrington are also back, along with Dianne Buswell, Graziano Di Prima, Amy Dowden, Karen Hauer, Katya Jones, Neil Jones and Nikita Kuzmin.
They’ll be joined by Luba Mushtuk, Giovanni Pernice, Johannes Radebe and Nancy Xu.
Strictly pro newcomers Lauren Oakley and Michelle Tsiakkas, who joined the programme in 2022 along with Vito and Carlos, are also coming back to the floor. However, Cameron Lombard will not be returning to the show’s pro lineup.
Strictly will once again be hosted by Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly, and the show’s celebrity lineup will be confirmed later this year.
It was also confirmed that the cast will be returning to the iconic Blackpool ballroom, and that Dave Arch and his orchestra are also back.
“Excitement is already building for the 21st series of Strictly and we are so lucky to have the best team in the business both on and off camera,” said BBC Studios executive producer Sarah James.
Former Strictly Come Dancing judge Len Goodman Sadly Passes.
Len Goodman, who was head judge on Strictly Come Dancing for over a decade, has died just days before his 79th birthday, his agent has confirmed.
His agent, Jackie Gill told Sky News the dancer and choreographer died on Saturday night at a hospice in Kent, surrounded by his family.
In a statement, she said: “It is with great sadness to announce that Len Goodman has passed away peacefully, aged 78.
“A much loved husband, father and grandfather who will be sorely missed by family, friends and all who knew him.”
Known for his warm humour and passion for Latin and Ballroom, Goodman was head judge on the BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing from its launch in 2004 to 2016.
His score call of “se-ven!” became his catchphrase, cementing his popularity with Strictly fans.
His final appearance was on the 2016 Christmas Day special, after which he was replaced as head judge by Shirley Ballas.
Strictly Come Dancing professional Cameron Lombard confirms he’s quit the show.
Strictly Come Dancing professional Cameron Lombard has quit the show after two years.
The news came today (April 21) as the BBC announced Strictly’s 2023 professional dancer line-up, which didn’t include Cameron.
A Strictly spokesman said of Cameron’s exit: “Cameron is a fantastic performer and we have loved working with him for the past two years on Strictly.
“He is currently pursuing other opportunities but will always be part of the family and our door will always be open to him in the future.”
Taking to Instagram to address his exit, Cameron wrote: “The last two years have been a blast. Thank you @bbcstrictly for the life changing opportunity and for the best experience any one could wish for.
“I will forever be grateful and I’ve loved every minute, danced on the world’s biggest stages, met the world’s best fans, performed for thousands of people as well as millions watching around the world and have made friends for life that I’ll cherish forever.
“I can’t wait to share with you some exciting future projects and plans. See you in the movies.”
The Strictly Come Dancing family will have one new face.
The Strictly Come Dancing family will have one new face this year when it comes to spin-off show It Takes Two.
Rylan Clark recently quit his presenting role after four years, saying it was time to “hang up my glittery jacket and say goodbye to It Takes Two.”
“I’ve had the best time hosting the show alongside Janette and Zoe and I can’t thank the amazing team enough for always putting on a great show,” he added.
“I’ve been welcomed into the Strictly family and will firmly hold that title dear to me.
“The time has come for me to pass on the baton to someone else and explore what else life has for me. Thank you Strictly, you will always have my heart… and my dancing feet. Ry x.
Pasha Kovalev announces “thrilling” career move.
Former Strictly Come Dancing professional Pasha Kovalev has announced a “thrilling” new career move.
The dancer, who left Strictly in 2019, is leading the cast of new musical La Bamba! which will open this August.
Pasha will begin his run with the musical at Curve in Leicester on Tuesday, August 1, 2023, before the show heads to London’s Peacock Theatre for a limited season on Tuesday, August 22 until Saturday, September 2.
La Bamba!, which was choreographed by fellow Strictly pro Graziano Di Prima, will then embark on a UK tour until the end of November.
In a statement, the dancer said: “I’m thrilled to be joining the cast of La Bamba!, an upcoming musical production. This highly anticipated musical will be showcased across numerous venues in the UK, including the prestigious West End in London.
“I am so exited to be performing the exquisite choreography crafted by Graziano and Erica [Da Silva] and can’t wait to embark on this thrilling journey.”
The show’s synopsis reads: “Inspired by the unbelievable life and legacy of Rock ‘n’ Roll legend Ritchie Valens, and featuring some of the most iconic songs of all time, La Bamba! is a jaw-dropping new musical that mixes Latin, R & B and timeless rock and pop to tell the ultimate feel-good story of a young girl with a big voice, big dreams, and an even bigger heart.
“A story of passion and pride and the discovery that every journey starts with that first step.”
Tickets for La Bamba! are on sale now, with further casting soon to be announced.
Dates for La Bamba! are as follows:
August 1 – 5, Curve, Leicester
August 8 – 12, Wycombe Swan, High Wycombe
August 22 – September 2, Peacock Theatre, London
September 26 – 30, Belgrade Theatre, Coventry
October 10 – 15, New Theatre, Cardiff
October 24 – 28, Wyvern Theatre, Swindon
October 31 – November 4, The Orchard Theatre, Dartford
November 21 – 25, Grand Theatre, Blackpool
Wicked extends run into summer 2024.
Wicked, the award-winning West End and Broadway musical that follows the untold story of the Witches of Oz, has extended its London run and released new production shots.
With over 100 awards under its belt, including 11 WhatsOnStage Awards, Wicked is currently the 12th longest-running production in West End history.
The current cast includes Alexia Khadime as Elphaba, Lucy St. Louis as Glinda, Ryan Reid as Fiyero, Sophie-Louise Dann as Madame Morrible, Mark Curry as the Wizard, Caitlin Anderson as Nessarose, Joe Thompson-Oubari as Boq, Simeon Truby as Doctor Dillamond, Amy Webb as Standby for Elphaba, Lisa-Anne Wood as Standby for Glinda.
While the West End production continues, Wicked will also embark on a UK and Ireland tour starting at the Edinburgh Playhouse on 7 December 2023, followed by stops at Bristol Hippodrome, Birmingham Hippodrome, Bradford Alhambra Theatre, Southampton Mayflower Theatre, Liverpool Empire, Dublin Bord Gáis Energy Theatre, Sunderland Empire, Cardiff Wales Millennium Centre, and Manchester Palace Theatre.
The musical, based on the novel by Gregory Maguire, reimagines the backstory and future possibilities of L Frank Baum’s characters from The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. It explores the decisions and events that shape the destinies of two university friends who eventually become Glinda The Good and the Wicked Witch of the West.
Wicked features music and lyrics by Stephen Schwartz, while the book is written by Winnie Holzman with musical staging by Tony Award-winner Wayne Cilento and direction by two-time Tony Award-winner Joe Mantello.
The first part of a two-film screen adaptation is also set to be released next year.
General News & Sighting
- Len Goodman, the Head judge on Strictly from 2004 -16, has passed away aged 68.
- The nominees for the National Dance Awards 2023 have been announced. The winners will be revealed at the Coronet theatre in London on the 5th of June.
- Pasha Kovalev, the former Strictly winner, will star in the new musical “La Bamba” about the life of Ritchie Valens. The choreography is by Graziano di Prima, Giada Lini and Erica Da Silva. The show will open at the Curve Theatre in Leicester on the 1st of August.
- A new musical based on Roald Dahl’s “The Witches” is to be staged at the National theatre. It will star Katherine Kingsley and Zoe Birkett. The choreography is by Stephen Mear and Jo Morris. The show will open on the 7th of November.
- The Menier Chocolate Factory announced a season of 3 musicals: “The Third Man” ( from the 10th of June until the 9th of September ) with choreography by Rebecca Howell, “Close Up – The Twiggy Musical” ( from the 18th of September until the 18th of November ) with choreography by Jacob Fearley and “Pacific Overtures” ( from the 25th of November to the 24th of February 2024 ) with choreography by Ashley Nottingham.
- “Wicked” has extended its West End run until the 2nd of June 2024.
- “Guys and Dolls” has extended its run at the Bridge theatre until the 24th of February 2024. The choreography is by Dame Arlene Phillips.
- “Elf The Musical” will return to the Dominion theatre in the West End from the 15th of November to the 6th of January. The choreography is by Liam Steel and the casting is by Grindrod Burton casting.
- New casting has been announced for the West End production of “Hamilton” from the 19th of June. Declan Spaine will join in the title role of Alexander Hamilton.
- Full casting of “The Wizard of Oz” at the London Palladium has been revealed. Georgina Onuorah will play Dorothy. The show will open on the 23rd of June. It has choreography by Shay Barclay.
- The Bachata Spice UK Open will take place on the 6th & 7th of May at the Vault, Bush House. Tickets are on sale at: www.bachataspice.com
- Tamara Rojo announced her inaugural season for the San Francisco Ballet.
- After 35 years, “The Phantom of the Opera” has closed on Broadway.
STOP PRESS – The Royal Ballet has just announced its programme for the new 2023/4 season. It will mark the opening of “Ashton Worldwide” – a 5 year festival to celebrate the work of Frederick Ashton. There is also the premiere of a new production adapted from Sam Steiner’s new play “Lemons, Lemons, Lemons”.
Future Dance Events News
- The new musical “Starter for Ten” will premiere in Bristol next year at the Old Vic theatre from the 29th of February until the 30th of March 2024.
- “The King And I” will return to the West End in early 2024 starring Helen George and Darren Lee.
- “Sister Act – The Musical” will return to the Dominion theatre in the West End on the 15th of March 2024. It will star Beverley Knight and Alexandra Burke. The choreography is by Alistair David.
- “Hadestown” is to open in the West End in 2024. The choreographer is David Neumann.
- A musical based on the songs produced by Stock, Aitken and Waterman called “I Should Be So Lucky” will open in Manchester on the 1st of November.
- A new musical based on the life and work of Frank Sinatra will open at the Birmingham Rep on the 23rd of September. The director and choreographer is Kathleen Marshall.
- The lead cast has been unveiled for “We Will Rock You” opening in the West End. It will star Lee Mead and Brenda Edwards.
- The upcoming “Wicked” tour has announced its lead casting. Laura Pick will play Elphaba. The show will open in Edinburgh on the 7th of December. The choreography is by Wayne Cilento.
- “Jesus Christ Superstar” will tour the UK in 2023/4 opening in Manchester this September. The choreography is by Drew McOnie.
- “The Wizard of Oz” will embark on a UK tour at Liverpool Empire on the 13th of December. The choreography is by Shay Barclay.
- The first headline acts have been announced for this years “Breakin Convention” at Sadlers Wells from the 28th of April until the 1st of May.
- “Come From Away” has confirmed plans for a new tour beginning in March 2024. The choreography is by Tara Wilkinson and Kirsty Malpas.
- “Grease” will return to the Dominion Theatre in the West End from the 2nd of June. The choreography is by Arlene Phillips.
- The musical version of “Rebecca” will play at the Charing Cross theatre in London on the 4th of September.
Auditions & Vacancies
- Coyote Ugly is holding open auditions on the 28th & 29th of April. See the website for more details.
- “Rouge” in Vegas is looking for male dancers. For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sonia Sabri is looking for Indian dancers for a touring production. For more information, contact: email@example.com
- PNP Events is holding auditions for a re-developed version of “The Polar Express Train Ride”. Contact the company for more details.
- Royal Caribbean is auditioning for its production of “Cats”. Visit www.royalcaribbeanproductions.com for audition details.
- Bird College is looking for a Musical Theatre tutor to work 3 days a week in September. Contact the College for further details.
- Thursford Christmas Spectacular is auditioning for dancers on the 19th & 20th of June at the Pineapple Dance Studios in London. To register your interest, go to: www.thursfordjobs.com
- The Boury Academy and Studios is looking for dance teachers in Vauxhall. For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Burn The Floor is looking for exceptional ballroom dancers. Contact: email@example.com
- Platinum Academy in North London is extending its list of guest teachers. To apply, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The TGS Summer Intensive 2023 will take place from the 24th until the 28th of July at Hemingford Pavilion. Guest teachers include: Ebony Clarke, Michael Naylor, Isaac Edwards, Travis Kerry & Jordi Guitart. You can book on: email@example.com
- Dean Lee is doing a class at Base Studios on the 28th of April from 3.30 – 5.30pm.
- Callum Powell & Jared Hageman have an Elite Pro Experience on the 14th of May at the Dance Attic studio in London. You can book on: Eventbrite.
- Dance with Joanne Clifton on the 20th of May at the Assembly Hall in Worthing.
- Leonie Sian is offering a Contemporary class on the 2nd of July from 1.00 – 2.30pm at the Base Dance Studios in London.
- Royal Ballet stars Mica Bradbury and Sian Murphy are doing a Ballet Pros Masterclass at the Royal Opera House on the 14th of May from 11.00am – 3.00pm. For further details, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Royal Ballet dancer, Mica Bradbury, will be teaching a ballet technique class followed by repertoire from Frederick Ashton’s “Cinderella” at the Royal Opera House on the 30th of April (Ages 7 – 10 from 11.00am – 1.15pm and Ages 11 – 16 from 2.00 – 5.00pm). For more information, contact Mica on: email@example.com
- Nicolette Whitley is offering a dance class on Thursdays from 6.15 – 7.15pm at the Inner Space in Nelwyn for £7. Reserve your space on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Strictly star Johannes Radebe is offering a Heels class at Heaven Nightclub in London on the 7th of June.
- Anita Mannings has a Contemporary Jazz Class (Int) on Wednesdays from 8.30 – 9.55pm at the Flow Dance Studios in Oval.
- Bethany Entwistle is teaching a class each Tuesday from 8.15 – 9.30pm at the Dance House in Leeds.
- Emma Levene is offering a General Ballet Core and Stretch Contemporary class at Forest Gate Community School on Thursdays from 7.00 – 8.00pm. Email to book: email@example.com
- Michael Naylor is teaching a new class on Thursdays at the Base Dance Studios from 2.30 – 4.00pm. Book via the Base app.
- Alexandre Novelli is offering a Beginners Commercial for Adults class every Tuesday at her Novelli Studios from 6.00 – 7.00pm.
- Amy Ireland has a Commercial Tap class at Pineapple Dance Studios in London on Thursdays at 12.15pm and a Contemporary Jazz class at 1.15pm. On Fridays Amy teaches Beginners Tap at 10.15am.
- Nafisah Baba is teaching a weekly Lyrical Contemporary Intermediate / Advanced class at Danceworks in London every Tuesday from 8.00 – 9.30pm.
- Lucy Jane Adcock is teaching a Show Tap class at Base Dance Studios on Wednesdays at 11.30am.
- Poppy Tremlett is offering an Improvers Choreography class at Base Dance Studios on Tuesdays from 8.30 – 10.00pm.
- Rachel Bolsworth is teaching an Absolute Beginners Heels class from 7.00 – 8.00pm on Tuesdays and an Improvers Beginners Heels class on Monday from 8.30 – 9.30pm at Pineapple Dance Studios.
- Hannah Cleeve is giving a Heels Technique class on Wednesdays from 1.00 – 2.30pm each week at the Base Dance Studios.
- Jazz Dance Rewired will present a 2 day programme of jazz dance theatre at the Place in London on the 27th of May and the 3rd of June.
- Kamila Zalewska is teaching at the Base Studios in London on Mondays from 4.00 – 5.25pm for intermediate/advanced level. Book on the Base app.
Film And Video
- Sir Matt Bourne’s “Sleeping Beauty” will appear in UK cinemas on the 28th of June and the 2nd of July. The film stars Ashley Shaw.
- The first trailer has been released for Take That’s musical movie “Greatest Days”.
- The filmed version of “Waitress” will be shown at the 2023 Tribeca Festival in New York which runs from the 7th to the 18th of June.
- We spotted Kane Horn, Millie Gallimore & Pascha Jacobs in the latest Schuh campaign. The contract was with AMCK.
- We spotted Pfion Vince performing with Sam Smith. The contract was with AMCK.
- We spotted Preeti Sian in the latest Hanes campaign.
View All The Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.