All the latest news from Dincwear Pro Dancewear.
Janette Manrara makes Strictly Come Dancing announcement two weeks after giving birth.
Janette Manrara has made a pretty big Strictly Come Dancing announcement just two weeks after giving birth to her first child. The professional dancer-turned-presenter welcomed a daughter with her husband Aljaž Škorjanec on July 28.
Taking to Instagram, the 39-year-old delighted followers by confirming she would be returning to Strictly’s spin-off It Takes Two this year, reports The Mirror. The much-loved Strictly star began presenting the show in 2021 alongside Rylan Clarke, who has since quit the programme.
Strictly Come Dancing 2023 celebrity line-up
TV legend Angela Rippon has become Strictly Come Dancing’s oldest ever contestant after being announced for the new series at the age of 78. Other contestants named so far include Bad Education actor Layton Williams, Channel 4 News anchor Krishnan Guru-Murthy, stand-up comedian and radio presenter Eddie Kadi and Your Home Made Perfect presenter Angela Scanlon.
The seventh name out of the sequin-covered hat is former Love Islander, Zara McDermott and the eighth contestant has been named as Waterloo Road actor Adam Thomas. Host of the BBC Asian Network’s Breakfast Show, Nikita Kanda, was the ninth.
Also confirmed is Coronation Street actress Ellie Leach, world and Paralympic champion Jody Cundy and model and actor Bobby Brazier, who is the son of Jeff Brazier and the late Jade Goody. Actor Nigel Harman and tennis star Annabel Croft have also been confirmed. The last celebrity confirmed was Les Dennis.
One professional, Cameron Lombard, is leaving ahead of the 2023 series, read more about that and the list of dancers returning, here. Welsh professional, Amy Dowden has recently had surgery for breast cancer and we have all the up-to-date news on Amy’s journey ahead of Strictly’s return, here. For more showbiz and television stories get our newsletter here.
While off air there’s still been lots of Strictly news, sadly in April, former judge Len Goodman died from bone cancer. And also in April, Rylan announced he was stepping down from hosting It Takes Two, his replacement was revealed last month as 2022 contestant, Fleur East.
Disney’s The Sound of Magic to be staged in London.
The Walt Disney Company continues to celebrate its 100th anniversary with The Sound of Magic, coming to the London Coliseum this November.
The concert event will feature the Novello Symphony Orchestra which will will perform live to an accompanying film on the big screen, featuring a wealth of Disney characters and soundtracks.
Fans can expect animated sequences and scores from such classics as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Fantasia, Alice in Wonderland, The Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and The Lion King, alongside modern hits like Frozen, Moana, and Encanto, among others.
The concert’s production team includes creative director Amy Tinkham, music director Giles Martin and arranger/orchestrator Ben Foster.
Disney’s The Sound of Magic will be staged at the London Coliseum on 6 November 2023, with tickets going on general sale from Friday, 18 August at 10am.
La Cage aux Folles confirms extension at Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre.
Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre has a one-week extension for its current revival of La Cage aux Folles.
Marking Tim Sheader’s final production as artistic director at the helm, the musical features a book by Harvey Fierstein, a score by Jerry Herman (including classics such as “I Am What I Am” and “The Best of Times”), and is based on the play by Jean Poiret. It follows a gay couple whose son is about to marry a woman with ultra-conservative parents and it received a glowing five-star review from WhatsOnStage.
Leading the cast are Carl Mullaney (Chicago/Les Misérables) as Albin and Billy Carter (A Moon For The Misbegotten) as Georges, alongside Ben Culleton (as Jean-Michel), Julie Jupp (as Marie Dindon), Shakeel Kimotho (as Jacob), Debbie Kurup (as Jacqueline), John Owen-Jones (as Edward Dindon) and Sophie Pourret (as Anne).
The company is completed by Jak Allen-Anderson (as Hanna), Craig Armstrong (as Cagelle), Tom Bales (as Cagelle), Taylor Bradshaw (as Cagelle), Daniele Coombe (as Mme. Renaud), Jordan Lee Davies (as Chantal), Nicole Deon (as Ensemble), Lewis Easter (as Cagelle/Swing/Dance Captain), Harvey Ebbage (as Cagelle), Emma Johnson (as Ensemble/Swing), George Lynham (as Cagelle), JP McCue (as Cagelle), Rishard-Kyro Nelson (as Cagelle/Swing), Alexandra Waite-Roberts (as Ensemble) and Hemi Yeroham (as Francis).
The creative team also features Thyrza Abrahams (associate director), Amy Ball (casting director), Arthur Carrington (associate casting director), Guy Common (make-up designer), Ryan Dawson Laight (costume designer), James Hassett (associate sound designer), Howard Hudson (lighting designer), Nick Lidster (sound designer), Ingrid Mackinnon (season associate – intimacy support), Stephen Mear (choreographer), Ebony Molina (associate choreographer), Janis Price (voice and text director), Colin Richmond (set designer), Tom Slade (assistant musical director), Ben van Tienen (musical director) and Jennifer Whyte (musical supervisor).
La Cage aux Folles now runs until 23 September 2023
Dear Evan Hansen to be released on UK Netflix next week.
It’s coming to Netflix!
The Dear Evan Hansen movie will be available to stream from next week in the UK, it has been confirmed.
The flick stars Ben Platt in the title role alongside a cast featuring Julianne Moore as Heidi, Kaitlyn Dever as Zoe, Amy Adams as Cynthia, Amandla Stenberg as Alana, Nik Dodani as Jared, Colton Ryan as Connor, and Danny Pino as Larry. DeMarius Copes, Gerald Caesar, Tommy Kane, Avery Bederman, Liz Kate, and Isaac Powell will also be seen in the film.
Released on UK shores in October 2022, the piece is based on the multi-award-winning musical of the same name, following a reclusive teen who gets caught up in a palaver involving misunderstood emails and social awkwardness.
Steven Levenson pens the script from his original stage version, with Stephen Chbosky (The Perks of Being a Wallflower) directing. Music and lyrics are by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul. Marc Platt, and Adam Siegel produce through Marc Platt Productions. Pasek and Paul are executive-producers.
The film will be available on UK Netflix from 24 August.
Musical star Chris Peluso has died, it has been confirmed.
Stage star Chris Peluso has died, it has been confirmed.
Peluso had a number of stage credits to his name, appearing in London productions of The Woman in White, Death Takes A Holiday and Showboat, as well as playing Chris in Miss Saigon. He took on the role of Nick Arnstein opposite Sheridan Smith on tour in Funny Girl.
On Broadway, his credits were equally impressive – appearing in Assassins, Lestat and Beautiful:The Carole King Musical, while also playing Fiyero on tour in Wicked.
The news was confirmed by the University of Michigan’s musical theatre department’s interim chair Linda Goodrich, who posted on the department’s channels: “The Michigan Musical Theatre family is heartbroken as we announce the passing of our dear family member/alum, the loving, charismatic, and divinely gifted Chris Peluso.
General News & Sighting
- Jerry Reeve of the Kutes Dance Agency has been nominated for an MTV Music Video Award for his choreography to the Jonas Brothers “Waffle House” video.
- The world premiere of “Ballet Nights” will take place at the Lantern’s Studio in London on the 29th & 30th of September. It will star Steven McRae, Melissa Hamilton and Ryoichi Hirano of the Royal Ballet and Constance Deverney-Lawrence of the Scottish Ballet.
- Northern Ballet will present “Generations” in Leeds from the 8th until the 16th of September and in London from the 31st of October until the 2nd of November. The programme consists of 3 short ballets by choreographers Tiler Peck, Benjamin Ella and Hans Van Manen.
- The BalletBoyz return with “England on Fire” at Sadlers Wells from the 8th until the 11th of November.
- Initial casting has been unveiled for the upcoming revival of “Evita” at the Curve Theatre in Leicester. Martha Kirby will star as Eva Peron and Tyrone Huntley as Che. The choreography is by Adam Murray. The show will run from the 27th of November until the 13th of January 2024.
- The new musical “Cake” will play for 1 week at the Lyric Theatre in the West End from the 20th of September. It stars Zizi Strallen and Renee Lamb. The choreography is by Drew McOnie and the casting is by Will Burton.
- The full cast for “Sunset Boulevard” starring Nicole Scherzinger in the West End at the Savoy Theatre next month has been announced. Rachel Tucker will guest star at certain performances. The choreography is by Fabian Aloise, with Paris Green as Associate Choreographer.
- The “Sister Act” tour has announced its casting and tour dates. The role of Deloris will be played by Landi Oshinowo. The choreography is by Alistair David. The tour begins in Southend on the 8th of September.
- “Cabaret” has announced a new West End cast that will take over on the 25th of September. It will star Jake Shears and Rebecca Lucy Taylor. The choreography is by Julia Cheng.
- “Bronco Billy – The Musical” has announced its cast. It will star Emily Benjamin and be choreographed by Alexzandra Sarmiento. The show opens at the Charing Cross theatre in London on the 23rd of January 2024.
- “Heathers The Musical” confirmed that its final performance at The Other Palace will be on the 23rd of September.
- Yoko Ichino is leaving her role as Associate Director of the Academy of Northern Ballet after 20 years with the company.
Future Dance Events News
- The 2024 Mighty Hoopla Big Weekender has announced its line up led by: Natalie Imbruglia, Cascada and Gabrielle.
- “Treason The Musical” confirms its initial touring cast. It will star Nicole Raquel Dennis, Joe McFadden and Emilie Louise Israel and open at the Edinburgh Festival theatre on the 25th of October.
- New British musical “Kin” is to have a staged concert at Theatro Technis in London from the 1st to the 4th of November. It will star Joseph Peacock.
- The full company has been confirmed for the new International tour of “Hamilton” which will commence in Manila on the 17th of September. The cast is led by Jason Arrow as Alexander Hamilton.
- “An Officer and a Gentleman” is set to embark on a new tour in February 2024 starting in Birmingham. The choreographer is Joanna Goodwin.
- Leeds Playhouse will stage “Oliver” in the round from the 27th of November until the 27th of January 2024.
- “Diana the Musical” will open at the Eventim Apollo in Hammersmith, London, on the 4th of December. It will star Kerry Ellis and Maiya Quansah-Breed.
- “Standing at the Sky’s Edge” will run at the Gillian Lynne theatre from the 8th of February 2024. The choreography is by Lynne Page.
- New musical “Lizzie” has confirmed its tour dates plus a London run. It will open at the Hope Mill theatre in Manchester on the 30th of September with Lauren Drewvill playing Lizzie Borden. The associate choreographer is Yandass Ndlovu.
- “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang” will embark on a UK tour from April 2024, opening in Southampton on the 30th of April 2024. The choreography is by Karen Bruce.
- “Shucked” will open in the West End in 2024. The choreographer is Sarah O’Gleby.
- The musical “Bonnie & Clyde” will be heading off on a tour of UK and Ireland in 2024, opening in Manchester on the 19th of March. It is directed and choreographed by Nick Winston.
- “Come From Away” announced a UK and Ireland tour beginning in Leicester on the 1st of March 2024. The production is being cast by Pippa Ailion and Natalie Gallacher. The choreography is by Tara Wilkinson and Kirsty Malpas with Richard Hinds.
- Manchester’s Hope Mill theatre will stage the world premiere of “To Wong Foo – The Musical”, based on the 1995 film, on the 21st of October. The cast and creative team is to be announced. The casting is by Sarah Leung.
- “Hadestown” will open at the Lyric Theatre in the West End on the 10th of February 2024. The choreographer is David Neumann.
- The Chaka Khan musical “I’m Every Woman” announced plans to open in London. It will workshop in the West End in November. The director will be Racky Plews.
- The new musical “Starter for Ten” will premiere in Bristol next year at the Old Vic theatre from the 29th of February until the 30th of March 2024.
- “The King And I” will return to the West End in early 2024 starring Helen George and Darren Lee.
- “Sister Act – The Musical” will return to the Dominion theatre in the West End on the 15th of March 2024. It will star Beverley Knight and Alexandra Burke. The choreography is by Alistair David.
- The lead cast has been unveiled for “We Will Rock You” opening in the West End. It will star Lee Mead and Brenda Edwards.
- The upcoming “Wicked” tour has announced its lead casting. Laura Pick will play Elphaba. The show will open in Edinburgh on the 7th of December. The choreography is by Wayne Cilento.
- “Jesus Christ Superstar” will tour the UK in 2023/4 opening in Manchester this September. The choreography is by Drew McOnie.
- “The Wizard of Oz” will embark on a UK tour at Liverpool Empire on the 13th of December. The choreography is by Shay Barclay.
Auditions & Vacancies
- The Place in London is looking for dancers to become Trainee Dance Teachers in their Partners Schools Project. Have a look at the website for details.
- Lisa Simpson is looking for 2 experienced dancers and 1 recent graduate. The audition is in Birmingham on the 6th of September at the Elmhurst Ballet School. The deadline for applications is the 31st of August. For more info contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ryan Jenkin’s iD is holding an audition on the 17th of September to become an iD company dancer. Visit the iD company website for more details: http://www.id-company.co.uk/auditions
- The Thea Barnes Legacy Fund has bursaries of up to £2,300 to support dancers looking to accelerate their careers in the UK. The deadline for applications is the 15th of October. For more information visit: http://www.theabarneslegacyfund.com
- “Beetlejuice” is looking for dancers in New York. Get more details on: http://www.pearsoncasting.com/beetlejuice
- Addict Dance Academy is hiring an Acting teacher. For more information, contact: email@example.com
- LaDuca Shoes is looking for a Manager based at its store in Covent Garden. For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org by the 25th of August.
- Aerowaves and The Place, London, is looking for 20 emerging choreographers based in Europe. Apply by the 10th of August.
- Rouge in Las Vegas is looking for male dancers. Contact: email@example.com
- Birmingham Royal Ballet is looking for a repetiteur. Have a look at the company website for details.
- Bird College is looking for a Tap tutor, with a focus on Musical Theatre, to begin in September. Have a look at the website for more details.
- Emil Dale Academy is looking for freelance Ballet teachers. There is more information at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ellie Fergusson and Jenni Inglis have a dance workshop on the 24th of September at Broughton High School. To book, email: email@example.com
- Giada Lini and Leonardo Lini have a latin dance class on the 20th August at the Dance Attic Studios in London. From 4.00 – 5.00 pm there is a Jive class and from 5.00 – 6.00 pm a Bachata class. You can contact Giada on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mica Bradbury, First Artist with the Royal Ballet, has a Don Quixote workshop on the 17th of September at the Royal Opera House from 10.30 – 1.00 pm (for 9 – 11 year olds) and 1.45 – 4.45 pm (for 12 – 17 year olds). For more details and to book, contact: email@example.com
- Philip Joel is doing an Industry Guidance Programme on the 4th & 5th of September from 10.30 – 2.30 pm daily in Central London. For more details, contact Philip on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steph Lindt and Charlotte Pickles are doing a Heels class at the Base Studios in London on the 25th of August from 8.00 – 9.30 pm.
- Callum Powell and Jared Hageman have an Elite Professional Experience course at the Dance Attic Studios on the 2nd of September. For more information, contact: email@example.com
- Emma Rogers has a MT Jazz class at the Base Dance Studios on the 29th of August from 2.30 – 4.00 pm.
- Royal Ballet dancer Sophie Allnatt is doing a ballet workshop on the 24th of September at the Thorpe Hall School in Essex. Contact Sophie on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amy Ireland is offering a Beginners Tap class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Fridays at 10.15 am and a Commercial Tap class on Mondays at 8.30 pm.
- Sophie Ferrero has a workshop series on the 2nd of September at the Hub Studios in London from 11.30 am – 3.30 pm.
- Dominique Marinho is teaching a Beginners Heels class on Tuesdays at Pineapple Studios from 3.45 – 4.45 pm from the 1st of August.
- Jaye Richard Noel is starting a Commercial Hip Hop class from 8.00 – 9.30 pm on Wednesdays at Gymbox in Holborn. You can book via: heelsandfeels.com
- Natalie Twist has a “Sexy R n B” class every Wednesday from 8.00 – 9.00 pm at the Pineapple Dance Studios.
- Olivia Rose Shouler is doing a beginners choreography class on Wednesday from 7.00 – 8.25 pm at the Base Studios in London.
- Daniela Fabbricatore is teaching at the CYD Super Convention on the Sunday: 9.00 am Jazz Fusion Advanced, 11.00 am Tap Intermediate & 2.00pm Jazz.
- Anna Maria Barber is doing a Choreography class at Flow Dance in Oval every Tuesday from 7.00 – 8.30 pm.
- Hannah O’Brian is giving a Heels class on Wednesdays from 7.00 – 8.00 pm in Chelmsford. DM Hannah on her Instagram for details.
- Gemma Hoddy is giving a class at Base Studios on Thursdays from 5.30 – 6.55 pm.
- Nicolette Whitley is offering a dance class on Thursdays from 6.15 – 7.15 pm at the Inner Space in Nelwyn for £7. Reserve your space on: email@example.com
- Anita Mannings has a Contemporary Jazz Class (Int) on Wednesdays from 8.30 – 9.55 pm at the Flow Dance Studios in Oval.
- Emma Levene is offering a General Ballet Core and Stretch Contemporary class at Forest Gate Community School on Thursdays from 7.00 – 8.00 pm. Email to book: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Naylor is teaching a class on Thursdays at the Base Dance Studios from 2.30 – 4.00 pm. Book via the Base app.
- Alexandre Novelli is offering a Beginners Commercial for Adults class every Tuesday at her Novelli Studios from 6.00 – 7.00 pm.
- Nafisah Baba is teaching a weekly Lyrical Contemporary Intermediate / Advanced class at Danceworks in London every Tuesday from 8.00 – 9.30 pm.
- Lucy Jane Adcock is teaching a Show Tap class at Base Dance Studios on Wednesdays at 11.30 am.
- Poppy Tremlett is offering an Improvers Choreography class at Base Dance Studios on Tuesdays from 8.30 – 10.00 pm.
- Rachel Bolsworth is teaching an Absolute Beginners Heels class from 7.00 – 8.00 pm on Tuesdays and an Improvers Beginners Heels class on Monday from 8.30 – 9.30 pm at Pineapple Dance Studios.
- Hannah Cleeve is giving a Heels Technique class on Wednesdays from 1.00 – 2.30 pm each week at the Base Dance Studios.
- Kamila Zalewska is teaching at the Base Studios in London on Mondays from 4.00 – 5.25 pm for intermediate/advanced level. Book on the Base app
Film & TV
- Lin-Manuel Miranda is reportedly in the process of creating a new Broadway musical based on Sol Yurick’s novel “The Warriors”.
- We spotted Irene Salvi, Kamilla Hallid, Robbie Ordana and Tom Walker in “Red, White & Royal Blue” on Amazon.
- We spotted Ronny Shevill in British Vogue.
- We spotted Crystal Hantig and Hannah Levitt Collins performing with Nicole Scherzinger in Sardinia.
During August 2023, Dincwear Pro Dancewear will be publishing the Pro Dancer News every second week.
View All The Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all in 2 weeks time!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.