All the latest dance, theatre, and stage news from Dincwear Dancewear.
Diversity Connected Tour 2022.
UK dance group Diversity is soon heading to London, as part of their brand new ‘Connected’ tour which culminates in Southend in June.
Diversity is set to perform five shows over the course of four days at the iconic London Palladium in April 2022.
The dates for their London shows are Thursday, April 7, Friday, April 8, Saturday, April 9 (Two shows), and Sunday, April 10. The troupe is no strangers to performing in the capital and has previously performed in London.
In 2010, they performed at Wembley stadium and joked that it was more terrifying than performing in front of Simon Cowell. The group shot to fame when they won Britain’s Got Talent in 2009, with frontman Ashley Banjo co-ordinating routines, and mesmerising viewers with intricate and highly skilled dance moves.
Diamond Dance: Dance Infinity 2022.
26th-27th June 2022
Diamond Dance presents “Dance Infinity 2022”! With our usual bi-annual show unable to take place, we are reflecting on the highlights of over 10 years of hard work and dedication a little later than planned!!!
Students aged from 2 to 21 years will entertain you with a variety of routines including tap, ballet, acrobatics, modern jazz, lyrical, contemporary, and commercial. With music and dance styles to suit everyone, we hope you will enjoy watching these Diamonds Shine!
BBC Young Dancer Final 2022.
Monday 25 April 2022
London’s iconic Roundhouse hosts the vibrant company of ten exceptional dancers as they compete in the Grand Final of BBC Young Dancer 2022.
Hosted by BBC Radio1 DJ Clara Amfo, the finalists will perform their own solos (featuring hip hop, ballet, tap, contemporary, and Bharatanatyam), as well as specially created duets and trios by Alleyne Dance, Dickson MBI, Gianna Gia, and Seeta Patel. Wrapping up the evening will be the premiere of a brand new group work choreographed by the irrepressible Ivan Blackstock.
There will also be a special guest appearance by 2019 winner Max Revell.
Following an ‘Academy’ style residency at Dartington Hall in Devon, where the dancers were mentored, involved in the development of new work, and challenged to collaborate across genres, our ten dancers will perform in front of a live audience and judging panel of leading dance figures. One will be named BBC Young Dancer 2022.
Peter Kay’s Dance For Life charity bash.
The ‘three-hour dance-a thon’ will raise thousands for Cancer Research UK.
A raft of new tickets has been released for Peter Kay’s charity event Dance For Life, taking place at Manchester Central over the Easter weekend. The show, which has been rescheduled from 2020, is a three-hour dance-a-thon’, with the Bolton stand-up icon delivering both comedy and DJ skills.
The new tickets will be for the shows on Good Friday (April 15) and Easter Saturday (April 16). More tickets have also been released for the two dates in Liverpool too, at the Space by M&S Bank arena, on August 19 and 20.
General News & Sighting
- Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber’s theatre company has brought a production of “The Phantom Of The Opera” from China to tour Europe because Brexit has made it too complicated and expensive for the British production to do so. (The Stage)
- Some of the best European and British commercial dancers took part in Yann Bolange’s (Deja Vu) “Upfront” show at the 229 Club in London.
- The Academy of Live and Recorded Arts (ALRA) released a statement online that it is “no longer able to continue to teach students” and that it will close immediately on the 4th of April. Several other colleges, like the Rose Bruford College, has offered places to the ALRA students.
- Sir Matt Bourne’s New Adventures company announced the casting for “The Car Man” at the Royal Albert Hall from the 9th to the 29th of July. Will Bozier & Richard Windsor will alternate playing Luca and Ashley Shaw & Zizi Strallen will play Lana.
- Cast and dates have been announced for the UK & Ireland tour of “Rock of Ages”. Sam Turrell will play Drew and Gabriella Williams will play Sherrie. Erin Bell will play Constance. Nick Winston will direct and choreograph the production with Ryan-Lee Seager as Assistant Choreographer.
- Casting has been revealed for the new production of “Lift”. It will star Luke Friend & Hiba Elchikhe and the show will run at the Southwalk Playhouse from the 13th of May until the 18th of June. The choreography is by Annie Southall.
- The full casting for “My Fair Lady” in the West End has been revealed. The show will begin previews at the Coliseum on the 7th of May. The choreography is by Christopher Gattelli.
- “But I’m A Cheerleader” extends its run at the Turbine Theatre in London until the 8th of May. Ruthie Stephens will become resident Director & Choreographer.
- The Royal Ballet announced its program for the new season which will include 8 new premieres by choreographers including Crystal Pite, Pam Tanowitz, Ben Dukes and Joseph Toonga.
- Aston Merrygold will join the touring production of “Footloose” as Willard from the 25th of July. The choreography is by Matt Cole.
- The winners of this year’s Critic’s Circle Theatre Awards were announced. “Cabaret” picked up the most awards, with Jessie Buckley winning Best Actress.
- Paulo Teixiera has been announced as Dance Captain for the new production of “Legally Blonde” at the Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre in London.
- We spotted Lydia Snook, Danni Cash, Ash Lloyd & Samuel Lawson dancing for Holiday Sidewinder at the London Palladium. The choreography was by Briony Albert.
- We spotted the following dancers rehearsing for the Little Mix “Confetti” tour: Kash Powell, Claudimar Neto, Anders Deeno, Randall Watson, Renae Hughes, Joy Duckrell, Kelechi Nwanokwu & Kieran D-W. The choreography is by Jay Revell.
Future Dance News
- “West End For Ukraine” will take place at the Charing Cross Theatre on the 9th of May, with 100% of the money raised going to UNICEF. Stars taking part include Joanne Clifton & Gina Beck.
- Sir Ian McKellen is to perform alongside ballet dancers in a new show based on “Hamlet” at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
- West End Live will take place on the 25th & 26th of June in Trafalgar Square London.
- The Brighton Festival will take place from the 7th of May until the 29th of May. Dance highlights include the Hofesh Shechter Company.
- A new “Strictly Presents” tour was announced. It will feature contestants Maisie Smith & Rhys Stephenson, who will be joined by Strictly pro dancers Neil, Gorka, Jowita & Nancy. The show will tour in June and July.
- The Tony award winning “Titanic The Musical” will embark on a new tour of the UK from March 2023. It will open at the Churchill Theatre in Bromley on the 16th of March 2023. The show is produced by Danielle Tarento.
- The original cast of “Six The Musical” will re-unite for 6 performances at Hampton Court Palace on the 19th & 20th of June. The choreography is by Carrie-Anne Ingrouille.
- Disney musical “Newsies” will have its UK premiere on the 28th of November at the Troubadour Wembley Park Theatre, London. The choreography is by Matt Cole.
- The Midland Theatre Ballet presents “Cinderella” at the Crescent Theatre in Birmingham from the 27th of May until the 29th.
- The English Youth Ballet announced its 2022 tour. You can visit its website for more details: englishyouthballet.co.uk
- A 30th anniversary revival of “Crazy For You” will be staged in Chichester from the 11th of July until the 4th of September. It will be directed and choreographed by Susan Stroman – who choreographed the original production in 1992 for which she won the Tony award for Best Choreography.
- Rodgers & Hammerstein’s “Cinderella” will run at the Hope Mill Theatre from the 1st of November until the 11th of December. It will be directed by Joseph Houston and choreographed by William Whelton.
- Louis Tomlinson cancels his upcoming tour dates in Russia and the Ukraine.
- The Chantry Dance Company announced that it’s 2022 production would be “Beauty And The Beast”. The tour details will be announced shortly.
- It was announced that Nicola Benedetti will become the new Director of the Edinburgh Festival in October 2022.
- Sir Matt Bourne’s “Sleeping Beauty” will return on tour this Winter, opening in Plymouth on the 12th of November. Further tour dates and casting is to be announced shortly.
- The musical “Newsies” is set to open in London this year.
- “Jagged Little Pill” will transfer from Broadway to London in November.
- Breakin’ Convention, Sadlers Wells annual festival of Hip Hop, is back for it’s 19th year from the 29th of April until the 1st of May. It will be hosted by Jonzi D.
- The Tribe Showcase will take place on the 28th of May at the Docklands Innovation Park in Dublin. It will be hosted by Lisette Kroll.
- Strictly stars Graziano de Prima & Giadi Lini will be choreographing a brand new musical called “La Bamba” – based on the story of Richie Vallens.
- Amy Dowden announced her short tour of “An Evening With Amy Dowden” – visiting Port Talbot on the 3rd of April, Exmouth on the 7th of April and Stourbridge on the 12th of April.
- Craig Revel Horwood announced his “All Balls And Glitter” tour of the UK.
- In the Autumn, Northern Ballet will visit 10 cities with revivals of two family favourites: “The Little Mermaid” & “The Nutcracker”, plus a premiere of “Three Short Ballets”. The season will open at the Leeds Playhouse.
- Harry Styles announced a UK & European tour starting in Glasgow in June.
- “Beauty and the Beast” which is currently touring in the UK, will have a limited run at the London Palladium from the 24th of June until the 17th of September. Directed and choreographed by Matt West, with new dance arrangements by David Chase. Nick Winston is the Associate UK Director / Choreographer with Chandon Jones as Associate Choreographer.
- The Dance Space, Brighton’s first building designed specifically for dance, will open in July 2022.
- Harry Stiles, Billie Eilish and Kanye West will headline this years Coachella Festival on the 15 – 17th of April & 22 – 24th of April.
- The “Peaky Blinders” inspired dance show will premiere in Birmingham at the Hippodrome on the 27th of September. This will be directed and choreographed by Benoit Swan with the Rambert Ballet.
- Tim Rice confirms that “Chess” is set for Broadway.
- The Barn Theatre, Cirencester, has unveiled its 2022 season, which includes a number of musical revivals.
- The revival of “White Christmas” will embark on a new tour in 2022. It will open on the 22nd of November 2022 at the Nottingham Theatre Royal. The choreography is by Stephen Mear.
- A new revival of “Jekyll & Hyde” has been announced to open in April 2022. It will be choreographed by Sarah Golding.
Auditions & Appointments
- Pearson Casting is casting the US tour of ” 9 To 5 – The Musical”.
- The Theo Adams Company is seeking London based dancers for the Years & Years UK arena tour. To apply follow the link in it’s Instagram Bio. The deadline is the 6th of April.
- Coventry University’s Centre of Dance Research is offering £170 for up to 20 Midlands based freelance dance artists to take part in a focus group on the 27th of April at Coventry University. Contact Helen Laws (email@example.com) or Karen Wood ( firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Auditions for this years Thursford Christmas Spectacular are on the 20th & 21st of June. Go to www.thursfordjobs.com for more details.
- The audition for Stuart Bishop’s new dance agency “3Rings” will take place at the Base Studios in London on the 7th of April. The Boys audition will be with Gaz Davis and the Girls audition with Beky Humphreys. Contact the agency for more information on: email@example.com
- Stopgap Dance Company is looking for dancers with strong contemporary skills. The audition is by invitation only on the 20th of April. For more information and to apply, visit the company website. The deadline is the 6th of April.
- Backyard Cinemas are looking for dancers to join it’s Spring/Summer season. For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Jackie Palmer Stage School is looking for a Dance Teacher to teach Tap, Modern, Ballet and MT. More details are on the website.
- BOR Productions are casting for several of their cruise ship contracts with MSC Cruises. For more details contact: email@example.com
- Hannah Levitt Collins has a Heels class on the 19th of April from 1.30 – 3.30pm at the Base Studios for £15. There is a link in Hannah’s Bio on Instagram to book.
- The TGS Summer Intensive will take place from the 25th to the 29th of July at the Hemingford Pavilion from 10.00 – 3.00pm daily. Collette Guitart (from “Six” & “& Juliet” ) will be the first guest with Michael Andrew Naylor the second guest. To book: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sir Matt Bourne’s New Adventures Company is offering Open classes to professional dancers at Studio 3, Wayne McGregor, London for £30 per class on the 3rd of May (Contemporary), the 4th of May (Ballet) and the 5th of May (Contemporary).
- Joanne Clifton is giving a masterclass at Hyde Festival Theatre on the 22nd of April from 12.30 – 1.45pm at £17.50. Contact: www.lavottaevents.co.uk/dance-workshops
- Josie Lee is doing a Lyrical class at AYAW Studios in Liverpool on the 12th of April from 5.30 – 6.30pm for £8.
- Renako McDonald is giving a Contemporary Jazz 3 hour workshop on the 8th of April from 4.15 – 7.15pm for advanced/professional dancers for £25. Email to book: email@example.com
- Lowri Jackson has a new weekly Heels class at Base Studios on Saturdays from 4.00 – 5.30pm.
- Martina Gumbs is doing a Jazz Heels class on Wednesdays from 7.00 – 8.15pm for £7 at Studio 25, Manchester. For more details and to book, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Holly Stubbings is giving a Contemporary Fusion class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Fridays from 6.00 – 7.00pm.
- Alexandre Novelli is giving a class on Mondays at Rare Studios in Liverpool from 8.00 – 9.30pm.
- Sophie Haws is offering a Commercial class on Sundays from 6.00 – 7.00pm for £8 at the JD Studio in Southampton.
- Jared Hageman is offering a Jazz class on Mondays from 5.30 – 7.00pm for £9 at the Hub Studio in London.
- Shona Wilson has a Commercial class at Base Studios on Thursday from 8.30 – 9.55pm.
- Lara Hunt has a Contemporary class on Fridays from 5.30 – 6.30pm at Hi-Bri’s Dance Studio in Solihull. Book at: email@example.com
- If you live in LA, Tobias Ellehammer is teaching at Millenium Studios in North Hollywood on Fridays from 7.00 – 9.00pm.
- Holly Johnson is offering Commercial dance classes at the Rooftop Studios in Leek on Wednesdays for £5 per class. Aged 16+. Message Holly on Facebook for more details.
- Aileen Carroll-Turner is offering Adult Ballet classes at intermediate level on Mondays from 8.00 – 9.30pm at CTSD in Brighton. Students £8.50 and drop ins £9.50.
- Laura Gilchrist is offering a Commercial class on Mondays from 7.15 – 8.45pm for £7 at the Grove Community Hub in Leicester, LE31QZ.
- Laura Morse is offering a class on Wednesdays at Base Studios, London, from 5.30 – 6.55pm. Book your space via the app.
- Haley Monaghan is teaching a Heels class on Wednesdays from 8.30 – 10.00pm at the Base Dance Studios in London for £12. Book your place via the app.
- Kim Collins is offering a Commercial class every Wednesday & Saturday from 1.00 – 2.25pm at the Base Dance Studios in London.
- Christopher Tendai is offering a Musical Theatre Jazz class at Pineapple Studios, London, on Tuesdays from 10.15 – 11.45am.
- Drew McOnie is giving a dance class at Pineapple Studios on Fridays at 6.30 – 8.30pm.
- Gareth Walker is teaching a Commercial Jazz dance class at the Pineapple Studios every Tuesday at 3.15pm.
- Ombracuradance have a weekly Hip Hop / Experimental dance class at The Base Studios on Mondays at 8.30 – 9.55pm
- Katie Deacon has an Advanced / Pro Ballet Class at the Pineapple Dance Studios on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 1.30pm.
- Christabelle Field is teaching a Latin Jazz class at the Base Dance Studio on Thursdays from 1.00 – 2.30pm for £9.
- Louise Barton has a Commercial Dance class at the Pineapple Dance Studios every Friday from 1.45 – 3.15pm.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 5.00 – 6.00pm (Studio 2) & Wednesday from 7.45 – 8.45pm (Studio 1). There is also a class at Base Studios on Thursday from 2.30 – 4.00pm (James Brown Studio).
- Dollie Henry offers a weekly Jazz class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Sundays from 4.15 – 5.45pm.
- Michael & Jowita, the winners of “The Greatest Dancer”, are offering a full range of dance classes at their Studio in Ealing, London.
Film And Video
- We spotted Gustave Juvenal Die in the latest Samsung advert. The contract was with AJK.
- We spotted Lolly Campbell performing with George Ezra on ITV’s ” Saturday Night Takeaway”.
- We spotted Kamila Zalewska, Jorgia Vaughan, Chanelle George & Erica Stubbs performing with Robbie Williams. The choreography was by Ashley Wallen and the contract was with the Kutes Agency.
- We spotted Sia Dauda, Francesca Daniella Baker, Ashleigh Graham & Christine Norton in ITV’s “All Star Musicals”.
- We spotted Anjula Kelly performing at the 64th Grammy Awards.
Dincwear Dancewear will keep watching the news and bring you further updates in the next edition.
View The Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.