All the latest dance, theatre, and stage news from Dincwear Dancewear.
Here Come The Boys.
STRICTLY Come Dancing stars Graziano Di Prima, Nadiya Bychkova, Nikita Kuzmin, Pasha Kovalev and Strictly finalist Karim Zeroual will embark on a 30-date UK tour of the critically-acclaimed West End smash hit show ‘Here Come The Boys’ throughout June and July 2022.
Graziano, Nadiya, Nikita, Pasha, and Karim will be joined by a cast of dancers, all backed by a huge LED screen and a lavish production.
Looking ahead to the tour, Pasha added: “Here Come The Boys’ amazing residency at The London Palladium last year gave us a taste of what’s to come this summer for the UK tour.
Dance school’s diamond anniversary celebrates the life of the founder.
A Welwyn Garden City dance school is celebrating its diamond anniversary by paying tribute to its founder two years after she passed away.
The Carol Allen School of Dancing and LCDA (Lisa Connell Dance Academy) will be marking 60 years of teaching youngsters with their show Diamond A Life of Dance, performed in loving memory of Carol Allen.
Promising to be a glittering, spectacular dance show, it will take place in the Hawthorne Theatre at the Campus West, Welwyn Garden City on Friday and Saturday (March 25-26), and features 190 dancers of all ages from both institutions.
Line-up revealed for Strictly Presents: Keeep Dancing tour.
Strictly Come Dancing fans will be thrilled to learn the fabulous line-up of celebrities and dancers announced today for the UK tour of Strictly Presents: Keep Dancing.
The 35 date tour will open on June 22 and Tickets are on sale now from StrictlyPresents.com
This spectacular new touring show will feature Strictly 2020 finalist and EastEnders star Maisie Smith, together with Strictly 2021 semi-finalist and CBBC presenter Rhys Stephenson.
They will be joined by the incredible Strictly professional dancers Neil Jones, Gorka Marquez, Jowita Przystal and Nancy Xu.
Live music will be performed by The Wanted’s Max George, who competed in the 2020 series of the smash-hit BBC One show.
West End shows to see this Easter.
The West End is always a big draw for families, providing a range of plays, musicals, comedies and dedicated shows for young audiences. Many of these productions provide the perfect entry point for newcomers to the theatre,
The Lion King
Not only is this glorious stage musical, based on the beloved Disney animated movie, a wonderful first theatre experience for young audiences, it also has some Biblical elements: the stories of Joseph and Moses influenced the filmmakers. The accessible story follows lion cub Simba, who will one day rule the African Pride Lands. But his scheming uncle Scar lures Simba and his father, King Mufasa, into a trap, and a guilty Simba flees, teaming up with meerkat Timon and warthog Pumbaa.
Back to the Future: The Musical
There’s nothing more pleasurable than passing on your favourite piece of art to your children, and the thrilling Back to the Future stage show means you can share a classic movie with them – while rediscovering it yourself in a whole new musical form. Even better, this is a story that’s all about family, as 1980s teen Marty McFly, who has accidentally time-travelled to the 1950s, must figure out how to get his parents together and ensure his family’s existence.
There’s more family drama in the spectacular Frozen, the stage musical version of the megahit Disney film – and plenty of magic, too. That begins the moment you enter the handsomely refurbished Theatre Royal Drury Lane, a majestic match for the kingdom of Arendelle. The latter is brilliantly brought to life through gorgeous scenery, exciting special effects to evoke Elsa’s frosty powers and puppetry for characters like Sven and Olaf.
General News & Sighting
- Artyom Datsishin, a principle dancer with the National Opera House of Ukraine, died in the Kyiv hospital from wounds inflicted while fighting the Russian invasion.
- Russian prima ballerina Olga Smirnova has left the Bolshoi Ballet in protest at the Russian invasion of Ukraine and joined the Dutch National Ballet.
- Former stars of the Royal Ballet, Ivan Putrov & Alina Cojocaru, put on the “Dance For Ukraine” fundraising gala at the London Coliseum.
- Ellie Fergusson, AJ & Curtis Pritchard, Abbie Quinnen & Chloe Hewitt will star in a “Concert For Ukraine” at the Royal Hippodrome in Eastbourne on Friday at 7.00pm. Tickets are £10.
- There was a robust sales revival in theatre tickets last year – advance theatre bookings in 2021 were almost identical to the year before the Pandemic. (The Stage)
- “Heathers The Musical” has extended its run at the Other Palace in London until the 4th of September. The choreography is by Gary Lloyd.
- Principle casting and the creative team have been revealed for the upcoming revival of “Legally Blonde” at Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre. It will star Courtney Bowman as Elle Woods. The choreography is by Ellen Kane, assisted by Ainsley Hall Ricketts and Alexzandra Sarmiento. The show will run from the 13th of May until the 2nd of July.
- Rodgers & Hammerstein’s “Oklahoma” has announced its full cast. The choreographer is John Heginbotham, with assistant choreographer Shelby Williams. The show will open at the Young Vic theatre in London on the 26th of April.
- Casting has been announced for “Sister Act The Musical” as it prepares to open at the Eventim Hammersmith Apollo on the 19th of July. Jennifer Saunders & Beverley Knight will play the lead roles.
- “The Cher Show” unveilled its full company ahead of its UK & Ireland tour. The show will be directed by Dame Arlene Phillips and choreographed by Strictly star Oti Mabuse. It will open at the Curve Theatre in Leicester on the 15th of April and will tour until the 1st of April 2023. The Associate choreographer is James Bennett. Aine Curran will be Dance Captain.
- David Hunter & Wendy Mae are set to join the “Waitress” UK tour. The choreography is by Lorin Latarro.
- Miki Mizutani has been promoted to Principle dancer at the Birmingham Royal Ballet.
- Nicholas Shoesmith has been appointed Associate Choreographer with the Scottish Ballet.
- The New Adventures Dance Company announced that its 2 new Emerging Artist apprentices were Hannah Kremer & Perreira Franque.
- At the BAFTA’s Arianna DeBose won the award for “Best Supporting Actress” for her role in “West Side Story”.
- Kate Marsh is this year’s recipient of the AWA dance “Women In Dance” award.
- Lizzie McConachie is going to Las Vegas to perform in the new Cirque Du Soleil production of “Mad Apple”.
- Modern dance legend Yuriko Kikuchi died at the age of 102.
- We spotted the following dancers rehearsing with Giada Lini & Graziano di Prima for the “La Bamba” tour: Luke Jarvis, Agnes Pure, Annie Winstanley, Allessandro Napoli, Diana Adam, Nunzio Rizzo, Jo Baiao & Julia Ruiz Fernandez.
- We spotted Aoife Kenny performing at the National Theatre’s “Next Up Gala”.
Future Dance News
- A new “Strictly Presents” tour was announced. It will feature contestants Maisie Smith & Rhys Stephenson, who will be joined by Strictly pro dancers Neil, Gorka, Jowita & Nancy. The show will tour in June and July.
- The Tony award winning “Titanic The Musical” will embark on a new tour of the UK from March 2023. It will open at the Churchill Theatre in Bromley on the 16th of March 2023. The show is produced by Danielle Tarento.
- The original cast of “Six The Musical” will re-unite for 6 performances at Hampton Court Palace on the 19th & 20th of June. The choreography is by Carrie-Anne Ingrouille.
- Disney musical “Newsies” will have its UK premiere on the 28th of November at the Troubadour Wembley Park Theatre, London. The choreography is by Matt Cole.
- The Midland Theatre Ballet presents “Cinderella” at the Crescent Theatre in Birmingham from the 27th of May until the 29th.
- The English Youth Ballet announced its 2022 tour. You can visit its website for more details: englishyouthballet.co.uk
- A 30th anniversary revival of “Crazy For You” will be staged in Chichester from the 11th of July until the 4th of September. It will be directed and choreographed by Susan Stroman – who choreographed the original production in 1992 for which she won the Tony award for Best Choreography.
- Rodgers & Hammerstein’s “Cinderella” will run at the Hope Mill Theatre from the 1st of November until the 11th of December. It will be directed by Joseph Houston and choreographed by William Whelton.
- Louis Tomlinson cancels his upcoming tour dates in Russia and the Ukraine.
- The Chantry Dance Company announced that it’s 2022 production would be “Beauty And The Beast”. The tour details will be announced shortly.
- It was announced that Nicola Benedetti will become the new Director of the Edinburgh Festival in October 2022.
- Sir Matt Bourne’s “Sleeping Beauty” will return on tour this Winter, opening in Plymouth on the 12th of November. Further tour dates and casting is to be announced shortly.
- The musical “Newsies” is set to open in London this year.
- “Jagged Little Pill” will transfer from Broadway to London in November.
- Breakin’ Convention, Sadlers Wells annual festival of Hip Hop, is back for it’s 19th year from the 29th of April until the 1st of May. It will be hosted by Jonzi D.
- The Tribe Showcase will take place on the 28th of May at the Docklands Innovation Park in Dublin. It will be hosted by Lisette Kroll.
- Strictly stars Graziano de Prima & Giadi Lini will be choreographing a brand new musical called “La Bamba” – based on the story of Richie Vallens.
- Amy Dowden announced her short tour of “An Evening With Amy Dowden” – visiting Port Talbot on the 3rd of April, Exmouth on the 7th of April and Stourbridge on the 12th of April.
- Sir Matt Bourne announced that “The Car Man” will be at the Royal Albert Hall in London from the 9th until the 19th of June.
- Craig Revel Horwood announced his “All Balls And Glitter” tour of the UK.
- In the Autumn, Northern Ballet will visit 10 cities with revivals of two family favourites: “The Little Mermaid” & “The Nutcracker”, plus a premiere of “Three Short Ballets”. The season will open at the Leeds Playhouse.
- Harry Styles announced a UK & European tour starting in Glasgow in June.
- “Beauty and the Beast” which is currently touring in the UK, will have a limited run at the London Palladium from the 24th of June until the 17th of September. Directed and choreographed by Matt West, with new dance arrangements by David Chase. Nick Winston is the Associate UK Director / Choreographer with Chandon Jones as Associate Choreographer.
- The Dance Space, Brighton’s first building designed specifically for dance, will open in July 2022.
- Harry Stiles, Billie Eilish and Kanye West will headline this years Coachella Festival on the 15 – 17th of April & 22 – 24th of April.
- There was a press conference for the launch of “Dance Reflections” by Van Cleef & Arpels. This is a festival of past, present and future contemporary dance, presented with Sadlers Wells, the Royal Opera House and the Tate Modern.There are 16 productions and it will take place between the 9th and the 23rd of March.
- The “Peaky Blinders” inspired dance show will premiere in Birmingham at the Hippodrome on the 27th of September. This will be directed and choreographed by Benoit Swan with the Rambert Ballet.
- Tim Rice confirms that “Chess” is set for Broadway.
- Erica Mulkern’s “Suzy Homemaker” will be performed at the Lawence Batley Theatre on the 25th of March.
- The Barn Theatre, Cirencester, has unveiled its 2022 season, which includes a number of musical revivals.
- The revival of “White Christmas” will embark on a new tour in 2022. It will open on the 22nd of November 2022 at the Nottingham Theatre Royal. The choreography is by Stephen Mear.
- A new revival of “Jekyll & Hyde” has been announced to open in April 2022. It will be choreographed by Sarah Golding.
- Chance 2 Dance will present “The Showcase Arena” in Manchester on the 26th & 27th of March 2022.
- The Broadway production of “My Fair Lady” will open at the London Coliseum in May 2022.
Auditions & Appointments
- Vegas Showgirls Germany have an audition for dancers at the Pineapple Studios in London on the 30th of March. For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The London College of Performing Arts is looking for a Head of Musical Theatre. Visit the recruitment page of the company website.
- Auditions for this years Thursford Christmas Spectacular are on the 20th & 21st of June. Go to www.thursfordjobs.com for more details.
- The audition for Stuart Bishop’s new dance agency “3Rings” will take place at the Base Studios in London on the 7th of April. The Boys audition will be with Gaz Davis and the Girls audition with Beky Humphreys. Contact the agency for more information on: email@example.com
- Stopgap Dance Company is looking for dancers with strong contemporary skills. The audition is by invitation only on the 20th of April. For more information and to apply, visit the company website. The deadline is the 6th of April.
- Backyard Cinemas are looking for dancers to join it’s Spring/Summer season. For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Portland Ballet in the USA is looking for company dancers and apprentices. Audition is by invitation only. The application deadline is the 31st of March. See the company website for further details.
- The Jackie Palmer Stage School is looking for a Dance Teacher to teach Tap, Modern, Ballet and MT. More details are on the website.
- BOR Productions are casting for several of their cruise ship contracts with MSC Cruises. For more details contact: email@example.com
- Jenny Finney is giving a dance class at The Fitness Factory in Kirkby in Ashfield on Monday at 7.00pm for £7.
- Martina Gumbs is doing a Jazz Heels class on Wednesdays from 7.00 – 8.15pm for £7 at Studio 25, Manchester. For more details and to book, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Holly Stubbings is giving a Contemporary Fusion class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Fridays from 6.00 – 7.00pm.
- Giada Lini & Graziano di Prima are giving a Latin Workshop at Dance Attic on the 24th of March. Book at : www.dancingwithgraz.com
- Keith & Judy Clifton have a new beginners class on the 31st of March at the Toll Bar Academy in New Waltham from 7.30 – 8.30pm for £8.
- Alexandre Novelli is giving a class on Mondays at Rare Studios in Liverpool from 8.00 – 9.30pm.
- Sophie Haws is offering a Commercial class on Sundays from 6.00 – 7.00pm for £8 at the JD Studio in Southampton.
- Jared Hageman is offering a Jazz class on Mondays from 5.30 – 7.00pm for £9 at the Hub Studio in London.
- Shona Wilson has a Commercial class at Base Studios on Thursday from 8.30 – 9.55pm.
- Lara Hunt has a Contemporary class on Fridays from 5.30 – 6.30pm at Hi-Bri’s Dance Studio in Solihull. Book at: email@example.com
- If you live in LA, Tobias Ellehammer is teaching at Millenium Studios in North Hollywood on Fridays from 7.00 – 9.00pm.
- Holly Johnson is offering Commercial dance classes at the Rooftop Studios in Leek on Wednesdays for £5 per class. Aged 16+. Message Holly on Facebook for more details.
- Aileen Carroll-Turner is offering Adult Ballet classes at intermediate level on Mondays from 8.00 – 9.30pm at CTSD in Brighton. Students £8.50 and drop ins £9.50.
- Laura Gilchrist is offering a Commercial class on Mondays from 7.15 – 8.45pm for £7 at the Grove Community Hub in Leicester, LE31QZ.
- Laura Morse is offering a class on Wednesdays at Base Studios, London, from 5.30 – 6.55pm. Book your space via the app.
- Haley Monaghan is teaching a Heels class on Wednesdays from 8.30 – 10.00pm at the Base Dance Studios in London for £12. Book your place via the app.
- Kim Collins is offering a Commercial class every Wednesday & Saturday from 1.00 – 2.25pm at the Base Dance Studios in London.
- Lizzie McConachie is giving a Commercial class at Pineapple Studios on Tuesdays from 7.30 – 8.30pm.
- Christopher Tendai is offering a Musical Theatre Jazz class at Pineapple Studios, London, on Tuesdays from 10.15 – 11.45am.
- Drew McOnie is giving a dance class at Pineapple Studios on Fridays at 6.30 – 8.30pm.
- Lizzie McConachie is teaching on Thursdays at Base Studios from 2.30 – 4.00pm.
- Gareth Walker is teaching a Commercial Jazz dance class at the Pineapple Studios every Tuesday at 3.15pm.
- Ombracuradance have a weekly Hip Hop / Experimental dance class at The Base Studios on Mondays at 8.30 – 9.55pm
- Katie Deacon has an Advanced / Pro Ballet Class at the Pineapple Dance Studios on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 1.30pm.
- Christabelle Field is teaching a Latin Jazz class at the Base Dance Studio on Thursdays from 1.00 – 2.30pm for £9.
- Louise Barton has a Commercial Dance class at the Pineapple Dance Studios every Friday from 1.45 – 3.15pm.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 5.00 – 6.00pm (Studio 2) & Wednesday from 7.45 – 8.45pm (Studio 1). There is also a class at Base Studios on Thursday from 2.30 – 4.00pm (James Brown Studio).
- Dollie Henry offers a weekly Jazz class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Sundays from 4.15 – 5.45pm.
- Michael & Jowita, the winners of “The Greatest Dancer”, are offering a full range of dance classes at their Studio in Ealing, London.
Film And Video
- Amazon has bought MGM Studios for $8.5 billion.
- Tash Holway is the Dance Captain on “101 Dalmations”.
- We spotted several dancers performing with Usher at The Box in Soho: Sarah Seville, Ash Holme, Chante Simpson, Amie Carter & Hayley Jay Jones.
- We spotted Hannah Levitt Collins & Crystal Hantig on “Starstruck”.
- We spotted Noel Samuels in the new film “Death On The Nile”.
- We spotted Faye Revlon, Fern Grimbley & Jacob Wye in the new Years And Years video for “Hallucination”. The choreography was by Meshach Henry.
- We spotted Lydia Snook, Lauren McGuire & Steph Lee performing on “Dancing On Ice”. The choreography is by Briony Albert and the contract was with Mass Talent.
- We spotted Natasha May-Thomas in Mimi Webb’s new video for “House On Fire”. The choreography was by Josh Wharmby and the contract was with AMCK.
Dincwear Dancewear will keep watching the news and bring you further updates in the next edition.
View The Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.