All the latest dance, theatre, and stage news from Dincwear Dancewear.
Jubilee Dance Party 4th Jun 2022.
Head to Wembley Park on Saturday 4th June for the ultimate (and free) Queen’s Jubilee street party.
Free live music, circus acts, wild entertainment, family-friendly activities and a whole lot of dance. Join us to celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in Wembley Park with our free, family-friendly street party on Saturday 4th June.
We’ll not only be celebrating the Queen’s Jubilee but the Wembley Park Jubilee Dance Party also honours the cultural diversity of the borough of Brent through different styles of dance. Throughout the day you can participate in free lessons taught by professional dancers on stages spread along Olympic Way, then partake in a mini flash-mob style social dance to show off your new moves.
Adorned with decorations and packed with family-friendly activities including face painters, bubbleologists and circus acts, as well as stilt walkers, street dancers, and pavement artists Wembley Park will be an exciting street party for everyone.
Dancing with Myself Season 1.
NBC’s new reality TV competition series Dancing With Myself is all set to premiere on the 31st May. If you’re a fan of Tiktok dances, this show is for you. Viral dance trends on social media inspired the series. Each week, the series will feature high-energy dance challenges, and the contestants will battle it out to emerge as the winner.
With 96 contestants taking part, the series is divided into eight episodes. 12 contestants will learn a new dance routine in each episode and perform their hearts out. The winner of each episode will walk away with a cash prize that’s yet to be announced.
Dancing With Myself Season one will premiered on NBC on May 31, 2022, at 10 PM ET. You can watch it live on NBC, or watch it the next day on Peacock.
Dancing With Myself Season one will premiere on NBC on May 31, 2022, at 10 PM ET. You can watch it live on NBC, or watch it the next day on Peaco
Platinum Party at the Palace.
The BBC and Buckingham Palace today unveiled a glittering group of performers from the worlds of music and dance set to perform at the Platinum Party At The Palace concert which takes place on Saturday 4 June at Buckingham Palace – and live on BBC One, BBC iPlayer and BBC Radio 2.
Queen + Adam Lambert, Alicia Keys, Hans Zimmer, Ella Eyre, Craig David, Mabel, Elbow and George Ezra will share the three-stage set up with the likes of Duran Duran, Andrea Bocelli, Mimi Webb, Sam Ryder, Jax Jones, Celeste, Nile Rodgers, Sigala and Diversity – all performing their biggest hits in a star-studded tribute to Her Majesty’s unprecedented anniversary.
Stars from the stage and screen, and the sporting world appearing at the event and on film will include Sir David Attenborough, Emma Raducanu, David Beckham, Stephen Fry, Dame Julie Andrews, The Royal Ballet, Ellie Simmonds, and a specially recorded performance from Sir Elton John. Sam Ryder, the United Kingdom’s Eurovision hero, will also perform live, fresh from his success in Italy.
The evening will pivot around global themes that have been born, or evolved, during the breadth of Her Majesty’s reign due to extraordinary British and Commonwealth contributions including Fashion, Sport, The Environment, 70 Years of Pop Music and Musicals – the latter curated by legendary composer Andrew Lloyd Webber, featuring a special appearance by Lloyd Webber and Lin-Manuel Miranda plus performances featuring casts and special guests from The Phantom Of The Opera, Hamilton, Six, The Lion King and Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat.
Queen + Adam Lambert will open the concert with a very special one-off production which will no doubt summon memories of Brian May’s historic appearance on the Palace roof at the Golden Jubilee Concert in 2002.
Closing the two-and-a-half-hour show will be legend Diana Ross, with her first UK live performance in 15 years.
Hosts Kirsty Young and Roman Kemp will lead live coverage of the Platinum Party At The Palace, to be broadcast live across the BBC. Twenty-two thousand people will attend the event, including 10,000 tickets allocated in a public ballot and over 7,500 tickets for key workers, members of the Armed Forces, volunteers, and charities.
The unique Platinum Party stage design consists of three stages, linked by walkways, which create a 360-degree experience in front of Buckingham Palace and The Queen Victoria Memorial. Linking the stages together into one overall design are 70 columns representing Her Majesty’s 70-year reign that can be illuminated to provide a full formation of lights and beams. For the first time, two of the three stages sit immediately in front of Buckingham Palace, framing the iconic home of The Queen.
Speaking for Queen + Adam Lambert, Brian May says: “Twenty years after playing The Queen’s glorious Golden Jubilee we’re very happy to be invited again. Then there was a moment when I wondered… after Buckingham Palace roof where can you go? Well … you will see!”
Diana Ross says: “I have had the honour of meeting The Queen many times throughout my life, including when I was with my family. Her Majesty has and continues to be such an incredible inspiration to so many across the world and I was absolutely delighted to receive an invitation to perform on such a momentous and historic occasion.”
Sir Rod Stewart says: “Queen Elizabeth has given incredible service to the United Kingdom over the last 70 years and I’m delighted to be able to join her in celebrating her Platinum Jubilee with the Party At The Palace. She has demonstrated to the world what a special person she is and how lucky we are to have her. This will be a momentous occasion.”
Charlotte Moore, the BBC’s Chief Content Officer, comments: “We are thrilled to be bringing the nation together for this incredible, once-in-a-lifetime event, broadcast live across the BBC with an amazing star-studded line up of performers to celebrate The Queen’s momentous 70 years on the throne.”
Further details and additional artists will be confirmed closer to the event – with some surprises left for the evening itself.
BBC Studios Productions are staging the event and producing the live broadcast on behalf of the BBC and Buckingham Palace.
The 22nd National Dance Awards Nominations.
The English National Ballet are thrilled to have received 7 nominations at the 22nd National Dance Awards. The Awards celebrate both live and digital works performed in the UK between 1 January and 31 December.
The Company have received nominations in the following categories:
DANCING TIMES AWARD FOR BEST MALE DANCER
Jeffrey Cirio (English National Ballet)
Francesco Gabriele Frola (English National Ballet)
Brandon Lawrence (Birmingham Royal Ballet)
Vadim Muntagirov (The Royal Ballet)
Edward Watson (The Royal Ballet)
BEST FEMALE DANCER
(sponsored by Tendu)
Momoko Hirata (Birmingham Royal Ballet)
Marianela Nuñez (The Royal Ballet)
Natalia Osipova (The Royal Ballet)
Cira Robinson (Ballet Black)
Erina Takahashi (English National Ballet)
STEF STEFANOU AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING COMPANY
English National Ballet
The Royal Ballet
BEST CLASSICAL CHOREOGRAPHY
(sponsored by The Ballet Association)
Gene Kelly & Christopher Hampson for Starstruck (Scottish Ballet)
Wayne McGregor for The Dante Project (The Royal Ballet)
Mthuthuzeli November for The Waiting Game (Ballet Black)
Arielle Smith for Jolly Folly (English National Ballet)
Valentino Zucchetti for Anemoi (The Royal Ballet)
EMERGING ARTIST AWARD
(sponsored by The L&M Trust)
Nafisah Baba (Freelance Dance Artist)
Lanre Malaolu (Performer, Choreographer and Writer)
Bruno Micchiardi (Soloist, Scottish Ballet)
Gina Storm-Jensen (Soloist, The Royal Ballet)
Emily Suzuki (Artist, English National Ballet)
OUTSTANDING MALE CLASSICAL PERFORMANCE
(sponsored by London Ballet Circle)
Jeffrey Cirio in the title role as Creature (English National Ballet)
Vadim Muntagirov in the title role as Apollo (The Royal Ballet)
Tyrone Singleton as Romeo in Radio and Juliet (Birmingham Royal Ballet)
Joseph Sissens in The Statement (The Royal Ballet)
Edward Watson as Dante in The Dante Project (The Royal Ballet)
English National Ballet wish a big congratulations to all of this year’s nominees!
The winners will be announced at a live ceremony on Monday 13 June 2022. Follow the National Dance Awards on Twitter for more.
General News & Sighting
- Performers have warned about the impact of the cost of living crisis unless wages are increased. Theatre charities said they were expecting an influx of requests for support. (The Stage)
- Stop Press – Several people have been honoured for their Services to Dance in the Queen’s Birthday Honours list. Etta Murfitt of the New Adventures Dance Company has received an MBE. Rosemary Lee becomes an OBE, Michael Coleman an MBE, Jeanefer Jean-Charles an MBE and Jasmin Vardimon an MBE. David Nixon of the Northern Ballet becomes a CBE. Robert Noble of the New Adventures Dance Company receives an OBE for Services to the Performing Arts.
- “Moulin Rouge” has extended its West End run until January 2023. The choreography is by Sonya Tayeh.
- Brenda Edwards will replace injured Gemma Collins as Mama Morton in the “Chicago” tour.
- The acts for “West End Live” have been revealed – the list covers the vast majority of the current West End shows The event will play over the weekend of the 25th & 26th of June in Trafalgar Square London. The official photographer is Roy Tan.
- Messum’s “Festival of Dance” in Wiltshire will take place from the 15th until the 24th of July. There will be dance performances, workshops, talks and a variety of other events.
- BOP will perform “Daughters of Eve” on the 25th of June as part of “Impact Dance” taking place at the Peacock Theatre in London.
- Our “Dancing Times” arrived this week. The Dancer of the Month is Kayla Collymore of the New Adventures Dance Company.
- Chun Wai Chan has been promoted to Principle dancer of the New York City Ballet. He becomes the company’s first Chinese Principle dancer.
- Hannah Lowther of “Heathers” has received 3 nominations for this year’s West End Wilma awards.
- We spotted Katie Collins and Ben Hukin performing on stage with Jessie Ware at the Brixton Academy.
- We spotted Amber Davies performing in “West End Does Hollywood”. Amber was supported by dancers Sam Freeman & Sophie Scott.
Future Dance News
- The complete cast and creatives have been revealed for Chichester Festival’s revival of “Crazy For You”. Susan Stroman will direct and choreograph the production. It will run from the 11th of July until the 4th of September.
- A star-studded “Sondheim” concert is to take place at the Cadogan Hall in London on the 23rd of July.
- To mark the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham this summer, the Birmingham Royal Ballet is presenting a triple bill of “On Your Marks”, “Interlinked”, and “Lazuli Sky”.
- Casting has been announced for the new UK tour of “Strictly Ballroom”. It will star Kevin Clifton and Maisie Smith and begin in Portsmouth on the 26th of September.
- ZooNation are celebrating 20 years at Sadlers Wells from the 5th until the 8th of October.Giovanni Pernice is doing “Shall We Dance – An Evening With Giovanni Pernice” at the Clapham Grand in London on the 10th of July.
- Three musical concerts will take place in August at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane, in London. The first will be the concert version of “Chess” on the 1st of August, starring Hadley Fraser & Samantha Barks.The Director and Choreographer is Nick Winston and Alexzandria Sarmiento. On the 8th of August, it will be “Kinky Boots” starring Cedric Neil & Courtney Bowman. Finally on the 22nd of August there is a new musical called “Treason”, with choreography by Taylor Walker.
- The Edinburgh Festival takes place from the 5th of August until the 28th of August this year. Dance highlights include Scottish Ballet’s “Coppelia”, Akram Khan’s new “Jungle Book Reimagined”, the UK premiere of Kyle Abraham’s “An Untitled Love” plus Aakash Odedra’s “Samsara”.
- The “Secret Garden” musical is to be staged at the London Palladium on the 28th of August. It will be directed by Nick Winston.
- “Resolution”, the biggest annual showcase for new choreography in the UK, returns to The Place in London from the 7th of May until the 10th of June.
- A new musical of “Wuthering Heights” will take place at the Turbine Theatre in London from the 2nd of June until the 4th of June. It has been produced and choreographed by Christopher Tendai.
- Joanna Goodwin will be directing and choreographing “I Wish My Life Were Like A Musical” this year at the Edinburgh Festival with performances from the 3rd to the 28th of August.
- Brit Award winner Becky Hill makes her Ibiza Rocks debut this summer with a 6 weeks residency.
- “Shrek The Musical” will embark on a new UK tour in 2023. It will be directed and choreographed by Nick Winston and will open in Plymouth on the 21st of July 2023.
- Sir Ian McKellen is to perform alongside ballet dancers in a new show based on “Hamlet” at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
- West End Live will take place on the 25th & 26th of June in Trafalgar Square London.
- A new “Strictly Presents” tour was announced. It will feature contestants Maisie Smith & Rhys Stephenson, who will be joined by Strictly pro dancers Neil, Gorka, Jowita & Nancy. The show will tour in June and July.
- The original cast of “Six The Musical” will re-unite for 6 performances at Hampton Court Palace on the 19th & 20th of June. The choreography is by Carrie-Anne Ingrouille.
- Disney musical “Newsies” will have its UK premiere on the 28th of November at the Troubadour Wembley Park Theatre, London. The choreography is by Matt Cole.
- The English Youth Ballet announced its 2022 tour. You can visit its website for more details: englishyouthballet.co.uk
- A 30th anniversary revival of “Crazy For You” will be staged in Chichester from the 11th of July until the 4th of September. It will be directed and choreographed by Susan Stroman – who choreographed the original production in 1992 for which she won the Tony award for Best Choreography.
- Rodgers & Hammerstein’s “Cinderella” will run at the Hope Mill Theatre from the 1st of November until the 11th of December. It will be directed by Joseph Houston and choreographed by William Whelton.
- The Chantry Dance Company announced that it’s 2022 production would be “Beauty And The Beast”. The tour details will be announced shortly.
- It was announced that Nicola Benedetti will become the new Director of the Edinburgh Festival in October 2022.
- Sir Matt Bourne’s “Sleeping Beauty” will return on tour this Winter, opening in Plymouth on the 12th of November. Further tour dates and casting is to be announced shortly.
- The musical “Newsies” is set to open in London this year.
- “Jagged Little Pill” will transfer from Broadway to London in November.
- Strictly stars Graziano de Prima & Giadi Lini will be choreographing a brand new musical called “La Bamba” – based on the story of Richie Vallens.
- Craig Revel Horwood announced his “All Balls And Glitter” tour of the UK.
- In the Autumn, Northern Ballet will visit 10 cities with revivals of two family favourites: “The Little Mermaid” & “The Nutcracker”, plus a premiere of “Three Short Ballets”. The season will open at the Leeds Playhouse.
- “Beauty and the Beast” which is currently touring in the UK, will have a limited run at the London Palladium from the 24th of June until the 17th of September. Directed and choreographed by Matt West, with new dance arrangements by David Chase. Nick Winston is the Associate UK Director / Choreographer with Chandon Jones as Associate Choreographer.
- The Dance Space, Brighton’s first building designed specifically for dance, will open in July 2022.
- The “Peaky Blinders” inspired dance show will premiere in Birmingham at the Hippodrome on the 27th of September. This will be directed and choreographed by Benoit Swan with the Rambert Ballet.
- Tim Rice confirms that “Chess” is set for Broadway.
- The Barn Theatre, Cirencester, has unveiled its 2022 season, which includes a number of musical revivals.
- The revival of “White Christmas” will embark on a new tour in 2022. It will open on the 22nd of November 2022 at the Nottingham Theatre Royal. The choreography is by Stephen Mear.
Auditions & Vacancies
- AMCK are looking for Brown, Black or POC dancers for a job on the 19th until the 26th of June. Girls have to be 5ft 7″ or under and Boys 5ft 9″ or under. The audition is on the 7th of June. Visit the AMCK website for more details and to pre-register.
- The Place in London is looking for Professional Dance Teachers. Visit the website for further details and how to apply.
- The Fabula Collective is looking for male dancers for a new work by Christopher Marney which will be premiered in London this September at Sadlers Wells. The audition is on the 3rd of July in London.The rehearsals will take place from the 22nd of August until the 16th of September. For further details and to apply, visit the company website.
- One Dance UK and the University of Coventry is looking for 20 freelance dancers to take part in a research project in Bristol on the 13th of July. The fee is £170 + expences. Visit the University of Coventry website to apply by the 13th of June.
- Sir Matt Bourne’s New Adventures Company is holding auditions in London on the 25th & 26th of June. The deadline to apply is the 6th of June. Visit the company website for more details.
- Choreographer Philip Joel is looking for 30 dancers for a paid Flash Mob. The rehearsals and performance are in Central London on the 12th & 13th of June. Contact: Philipjoel@platinumacademy.co.uk
- Adrian Gas is looking for dancers to join the cast of the Ibiza Cabaret Show in London. The auditions are on the 14th, 15th & 16th of June in Central London and are by invitation only. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Globestar is looking for tap dancers for an event on the 2nd of July. Auditions will be held in Central London on the 8th & 9th of June. The rehearsals are on the 28th, 29th & 30th of June. The choreographer is Bill Deamer. Email: email@example.com
- Sweetshop Revolution is looking for dancers for several upcoming projects. The auditions are on the 11th and 12th of June in London. For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winchester Theatre Arts is looking for a dance teacher. This is a permanent position starting in September. For more information email: email@example.com
- One Dance UK is seeking an experienced Project Manager. Enquiries and applications should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- English National Ballet has launched a global search for a new Artistic Director to replace Tamara Rojo CBE. For more information visit: www.odgers.com/85718
- Auditions for this years Thursford Christmas Spectacular are on the 20th & 21st of June. Go to www.thursfordjobs.com for more details.
- BOR Productions are casting for several of their cruise ship contracts with MSC Cruises. For more details contact: email@example.com
- Northern Ballet is looking to appoint a new Chair of Trustees. The closing date for applications is the 3rd of June. Visit the website for further details and to apply.
- Mica Bradbury of the Royal Ballet is offering “A Masterclass With Mica” – a ballet class at the Royal Opera House plus an exclusive “Day in the life of a Royal Ballet dancer” backstage tour on the 2nd of July from 2.00pm – 5.00pm. For more details: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alyx Steele is putting on a workshop on the 12th of June from 12.00pm – 3.00pm at Dance Attic in London. Message Alyx on Instagram to book your space.
- Nick Winston is doing 6 individual workshops over 2 days on the 9th and 10th of June at the Hub Studios in London for £15. Download the Hub Studios app to book.
- Eddie Slattery is offering his “Shall We Dance – Theatre Dance Intensive” on the 5th of June with 4 top Musical Theatre teachers (Ellen Kane, Joanna Goodwin, Emma Rogers & Fabian Aloise) from 10.00am – 6.00pm at Dance Attic Studios in London.
- London Studio Centre announced the line up of teachers for its Commercial Dance Summer Intensive. These are: Briony Albert, Philip Birchall, Lisa Spencer, Randall Watson, Josh Denyer & John Graham. It will take place from the 8th of August until the 12th of August.
- 3 Rings Talent offers a Commercial class with Beky Humphreys every Tuesday from 2.30 – 4.00pm at Base Dance studio in London.
- Gaz Davis is offering a 3 day Mentor Programme for pro dancers on the 10th -12th of August in London. Contact Gaz on: email@example.com
- Oti Mabuse Dance Studio is offering a Latin American Beginners class with Marius every Thursday from 8.00 – 9.00pm.
- Lukas McFarlane will hold an Intensive dance course from the 6th of September to the 15th of September. For more information contact: www.untitleddance.com
- Nafisah Baba is teaching at Danceworks in London on Wednesdays from 5.30 – 7.00pm and on Tuesdays from 8.00 – 9.30pm.
- Sherisse Bisram is offering a Commercial class on Tuesdays at Pineapple from 7.30 – 8.30pm and a “Sexy RNB” from 8.30 – 9.30pm.
- Danceworks in London have a Summer Intensive with Marianela Nunez & Alejandro Parente from the 8th to the 12th of August.
- The TGS Summer Intensive will take place from the 25th to the 29th of July at the Hemingford Pavilion from 10.00 – 3.00pm daily. Collette Guitart (from “Six” & “& Juliet” ) will be the first guest with Michael Andrew Naylor the second guest. Wednesdays guests are Travis Kerry & Nick Kerry from “Hamilton” and on Thursday the guest will be Nikki Trow. On Friday it is Jordi Guitart. To book: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lowri Jackson has a new weekly Heels class at Base Studios on Saturdays from 4.00 – 5.30pm.
- Martina Gumbs is doing a Jazz Heels class on Wednesdays from 7.00 – 8.15pm for £7 at Studio 25, Manchester. For more details and to book, contact: email@example.com
- Holly Stubbings is giving a Contemporary Fusion class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Fridays from 6.00 – 7.00pm.
- Sophie Haws is offering a Commercial class on Sundays from 6.00 – 7.00pm for £8 at the JD Studio in Southampton.
- Jared Hageman is offering a Jazz class on Mondays from 5.30 – 7.00pm for £9 at the Hub Studio in London.
- Shona Wilson has a Commercial class at Base Studios on Thursday from 8.30 – 9.55pm.
- Lara Hunt has a Contemporary class on Fridays from 5.30 – 6.30pm at Hi-Bri’s Dance Studio in Solihull. Book at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you live in LA, Tobias Ellehammer is teaching at Millenium Studios in North Hollywood on Fridays from 7.00 – 9.00pm.
- Holly Johnson is offering Commercial dance classes at the Rooftop Studios in Leek on Wednesdays for £5 per class. Aged 16+. Message Holly on Facebook for more details.
- Aileen Carroll-Turner is offering Adult Ballet classes at intermediate level on Mondays from 8.00 – 9.30pm at CTSD in Brighton. Students £8.50 and drop ins £9.50.
- Laura Gilchrist is offering a Commercial class on Mondays from 7.15 – 8.45pm for £7 at the Grove Community Hub in Leicester, LE31QZ.
- Laura Morse is offering a class on Wednesdays at Base Studios, London, from 5.30 – 6.55pm. Book your space via the app.
- Haley Monaghan is teaching a Heels class on Wednesdays from 8.30 – 10.00pm at the Base Dance Studios in London for £12. Book your place via the app.
- Kim Collins is offering a Commercial class every Wednesday & Saturday from 1.00 – 2.25pm at the Base Dance Studios in London.
- Christopher Tendai is offering a Musical Theatre Jazz class at Pineapple Studios, London, on Tuesdays from 10.15 – 11.45am.
- Drew McOnie is giving a dance class at Pineapple Studios on Fridays at 6.30 – 8.30pm.
- Gareth Walker is teaching a Commercial Jazz dance class at the Pineapple Studios every Tuesday at 3.15pm.
- Ombracuradance have a weekly Hip Hop / Experimental dance class at The Base Studios on Mondays at 8.30 – 9.55pm
- Katie Deacon has an Advanced / Pro Ballet Class at the Pineapple Dance Studios on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 1.30pm.
- Christabelle Field is teaching a Latin Jazz class at the Base Dance Studio on Thursdays from 2.30 – 4.00pm for £9 in the Timberlake Studio.
- Louise Barton has a Commercial Dance class at the Pineapple Dance Studios every Friday from 1.45 – 3.15pm.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 5.00 – 6.00pm (Studio 2) & Wednesday from 7.45 – 8.45pm (Studio 1). There is also a Commercial Edge class at Base Studios on Thursday from 2.30 – 4.00pm (James Brown Studio).
- Dollie Henry offers a weekly Jazz class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Sundays from 4.15 – 5.45pm.
- Michael & Jowita, the winners of “The Greatest Dancer”, are offering a full range of dance classes at their Studio in Ealing, London.
Film And Video
- We spotted Robyn Rae Laud, Cruze Philip & Tyson Simon in the new music video for Dua Lipa’s “Potion”.
- We spotted Kloe Dean, Oluwatosin, Hanna Dimtsu & India Bowen on stage with Anne Marie at the BBC “Big Weekender”.
- We spotted Hannah Nazareth performing with Celina Sharma at “Big Weekender”
- We spotted Shola B Riley dancing with Rina Sawayama at “Big Weekender”.
Dincwear Dancewear will keep watching the news and bring you further updates in the next edition.
View The Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.