All the latest dance, theatre, and stage news from Dincwear Dancewear.
TikTok star Charli D’Amelio and mum Heidi join Dancing with the Stars. Charli DAmelio’s (centre) fame has brought attention to her mum Heidi (left) and older sister Dixie (right)
Now the 18-year-old will be taking her dancing from TikTok to TV, after it was confirmed this week that she will be appearing on US show, Dancing with the Stars.
Dancing with the Stars is the US version of Strictly Come Dancing, where celebrities pair with professional dancers to perform increasingly difficult routines over several weeks, before one winning pair is chosen.
In an added twist to this year’s series, Charli will be competing against someone she’s particularly close to – her own mum, Heidi!
Who is Charli D’Amelio?
Charli became famous in 2019 after her dance routines went viral on the video entertainment app TikTok. In November 2020, she became the very first content creator on TikTok to hit 100 million followers. Since then she has gathered 146 million followers on TikTok with millions more people following on other social media platforms like Instagram and YouTube. Before she became famous as a social media star, she spent many years training as a dancer.
Janette Manrara and Rylan confirmed to return as hosts of Strictly – It Takes Two.
It Takes Two will be back on Monday 26 September on BBC Two and BBC iPlayer
Former Strictly professional dancer Janette Manrara and broadcaster Rylan are both confirmed to return as co-hosts of Strictly – It Takes Two. The companion show to BBC One’s multi-award winning dance show Strictly Come Dancing, Strictly – It Takes Two will be back on Monday 26 September on BBC Two and BBC iPlayer.
Strictly – It Takes Two dives behind the scenes of Strictly Come Dancing, featuring all the backstage gossip, training room titbits and latest Strictly news, plus exclusive interviews with the contestants, professional dancers, judges and behind the scenes team, expert analysis and celebrity guest panels.
Rylan has presented Strictly – It Takes Two, which airs every weeknight, since 2019, with Janette joining him in 2021 after hanging up her Strictly dancing shoes. Previous hosts have included Claudia Winkleman and Zoe Ball.
Rylan says: “I’m so excited to be back at Strictly – It Takes Two for my fourth year. I absolutely love being part of the show. I’m so thrilled that my television wife Janette is joining me for the ride and we can’t wait to bring you all the back stage gossip from this year’s Strictly extravaganza. We can’t wait to start.’
Janette says: “I am so thrilled to be back hosting It Takes Two alongside the amazing Rylan! I’m very excited to bring the audience more great conversations with our couples, a lot of fun weeknight television entertainment and, of course, to celebrate my favourite show on TV, Strictly!”
Strictly Come Dancing 2022: Show to return to Blackpool after Covid break.
Strictly Come Dancing is to return to Blackpool after a two-year break, the BBC has confirmed. The dance competition has missed its traditional trip to the resort’s Tower Ballroom in 2020 and 2021 due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Executive producer Sarah James said the return to the “iconic” venue was the “icing on the cake” of the 20th series. The show, which starts on 17 September, will also see themed weeks, including one about the BBC’s 100th anniversary. Ms James said the show’s team “can’t wait to get back to Blackpool”. “It’s the icing on the cake to be able to confirm that we are returning to the iconic Blackpool Tower Ballroom this year,” she added.
The 20th series will see 15 celebrities compete for the glitterball, with presenters Kym Marsh and Helen Skelton, former footballer Tony Adams, Paralympic gold medallist Ellie Simonds and singer Matt Goss among those competing.
& Juliet reveals new West End cast with Nicolas Colicos, Billy Nevers and Joe Foster.
New casting has been revealed for hit musical & Juliet in London’s West End.
The jukebox musical is currently playing at the Shaftesbury Theatre, booking through to March 2023 having opened in November 2019.
New casting has been announced for the show starting from Monday, 26 September.
Nicolas Colicos (Sister Act) will join as Lance, Billy Nevers (Legally Blonde) as Francois and Joe Foster (Hex) as May.
They’ll join Miriam-Teak Lee in the title role with Cassidy Janson as Anne Hathaway, Oliver Tompsett as William Shakespeare, Tom Francis as Romeo and Malinda Parris as Nurse.
Making up the ensemble are Ebony Clarke, Bessy Ewa, Collette Guitart, Cassandra Lee, Nathan Louis-Fernand, Zara MacIntosh, Carl Man, Christian Maynard, Rachel Moran, Owen Saward, Aaron Shales, Benjamin Terry, Suki Wong, Ivan De Freitas, Rhian Duncan, Alex Tranter, Sophie Usher and Rhys Wilkinson.
General News & Sighting
- West End backstage and front of house workers have voted to accept a revised pay offer from the Society of London Theatre (SOLT) – which includes a 10% increase in minimum pay rates (The Stage).
- The full cast has been revealed for the Almeida’s world premiere production of “Tammy Faye”, the new musical by Elton John. Katie Brayben will play the lead. The choreography is by Lynne Page.
- “My Fair Lady” announced casting for its UK tour. Michael D Xavier and Charlotte Kennedy will star in the show, which will open in Bradford on the 9th of September. The choreography is by Christopher Gattelli.
- “Oklahoma” is to transfer to the Wyndham’s Theatre in the West End following its run at The Young Vic.
- Several new performers will join the cast of “& Juliet” on the 26th of September. The show has extended its run at the Shaftsbury Theatre until September 2023. The choreography is by Jennifer Weber.
- “Saturday Night Fever” announced that it will tour from the 5th of September. Jack Wilcox will play Tony Manero and Rebekah Bryant will play Stephanie. The choreography is by Bill Deamer.
- Oti Mabuse announced her “London Dance Nights” will take place at the Novotel London West hotel in Hammersmith from the 11th to the 13th of November.
- Jo Clifton will be a guest star in “Friendsical” at Cardiff on the 10th of September.
- Nica Burns announced that the opening production of her new West End venue At Soho Place will be “Marvellous”.
- Aaron S Watkin has been appointed as the new Artistic Director of the English National Ballet. He will take up the position in August 2023.
Future Dance Events News
- Disney’s “Winnie The Pooh” will be coming to a UK theatre in Spring 2023.
- The new production of “We Will Rock You” will begin its world tour in Manila in October. The choreography is by Nick Winston.
- A new dance show co-created and directed by Arlene Phillips will play at the Peacock Theatre in the West End from the 27th of September until the 8th of October. The “House of Flamenka” will star Karen Ruimy. The choreographer is James Cousins.
- The Mill at Sonning has unveiled its 2022-23 season of shows including two musical revivals: “Top Hat” will star Jonny Labey with choreography from Ashley Nottingham and take place from the 16th of November until the 30th of December. “Gypsy” will play from the 24th of May until the 15th of July. The casting and creatives for the latter show have yet to be announced.
- “Everybody’s Talking About Jamie” has confirmed new dates for its second UK tour which begins in September 2023. It will open at The Lowry in Salford on the 7th of September.
- ZooNation announced its production of “Mixtape” – celebrating 20 years of the Kate Prince company. It will take place at Sadlers Wells from the 5th to the 8th of October. The performance will be co-directed by Dannielle “Rhimes” Lecointe and Bradley Charles. There will be special guest performers from the past and the present.
- Simon Lipkin and Georgina Castle will star in the West End revival of the musical “Elf” at the Dominion Theatre. The choreography is by Liam Steel. The show will open on the 14th of November.
- “Annie” will embark on a new tour in 2023, opening at the Curve Theatre in Leicester on the 25th of February before touring.
- “Back To The Future” has revealed plans to open on Broadway in 2023.
- Dolly Parton’s “Smokey Mountain Christmas Carol – A New Musical” will get a European premiere in December at the Southbank Centre in London. It will play from the 8th of December until the 8th of January 2023.
- Further touring dates were announced for the new production of “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – The Musical”. It will open at the Leeds Playhouse on the 18th of November.
- Casting was announced for the world premiere of “Mandela”, the new musical at The Young Vic theatre in London. It will star Michael Luwoye as Nelson Mandela and Danielle Fiamanya as Winnie Mandela. The show will run from the 29th of November until the 4th of February 2023. The choreography is by Gregory Maqoma.
- “The Bodyguard” will embark on a new UK tour at Glasgow on the 28th of January 2023.
- Disney’s musical “Newsies” will begin at the Troubadour Theatre Wembley Park on the 29th of November, with an official premiere on the 8th of December. Direction and choreography is by Matt Cole, with Jane McMurtrie as Associate Choreographer.
- A new production of “Shrek The Musical” announced a UK tour from July 2023. Nick Winston will be the choreographer.
- “Dirty Dancing” is to return to the Dominion Theatre on the 21st of January 2023. The choreography is by Austin Wilks.
- A new production of “From Here To Eternity” is coming to the Charing Cross Theatre from the 29th of October. Cressida Carre will be the choreographer.
- Casting has been announced for the new UK tour of “Strictly Ballroom”. It will star Kevin Clifton and Maisie Smith and begin in Portsmouth on the 26th of September.
- Brit Award winner Becky Hill makes her Ibiza Rocks debut this summer with a 6 weeks residency.
- Disney musical “Newsies” will have its UK premiere on the 28th of November at the Troubadour Wembley Park Theatre, London. The choreography is by Matt Cole.
- Rodgers & Hammerstein’s “Cinderella” will run at the Hope Mill Theatre from the 1st of November until the 11th of December. It will be directed by Joseph Houston and choreographed by William Whelton.
- The Chantry Dance Company announced that it’s 2022 production would be “Beauty And The Beast”. The tour details will be announced shortly.
- Sir Matt Bourne’s “Sleeping Beauty” will return on tour this Winter, opening in Plymouth on the 12th of November. Further tour dates and casting is to be announced shortly.
- “Jagged Little Pill” will transfer from Broadway to London in November.
- Strictly stars Graziano de Prima & Giadi Lini will be choreographing a brand new musical called “La Bamba” – based on the story of Richie Vallens.
- In the Autumn, Northern Ballet will visit 10 cities with revivals of two family favourites: “The Little Mermaid” & “The Nutcracker”, plus a premiere of “Three Short Ballets”. The season will open at the Leeds Playhouse.
- “Beauty and the Beast” which is currently touring in the UK, will have a limited run at the London Palladium from the 24th of June until the 17th of September. Directed and choreographed by Matt West, with new dance arrangements by David Chase. Nick Winston is the Associate UK Director / Choreographer with Chandon Jones as Associate Choreographer.
- The “Peaky Blinders” inspired dance show will premiere in Birmingham at the Hippodrome on the 27th of September. This will be directed and choreographed by Benoit Swan with the Rambert Ballet.
- Tim Rice confirms that “Chess” is set for Broadway.
Auditions & Vacancies
- Burn The Floor is looking for 10 dancers who specialise in Ballroom. Email: email@example.com
- Celebrity Cruises have an audition in London for dancers on the 20th and 21st of September (with a recall on the 22nd) at Pineapple Dance Studios – by appointment only. For more information contact: www.celebritycruisesentertainment.com
- Aerowaves Europe is looking for 20 emerging choreographers based in Europe. Apply by the 7th of September. For more information visit: www.aerowaves.org
- Erica Mulkern is looking for a Ballet Teacher – cover in Leeds for the 10th of October, 14th of November and the 21st of November for Advanced Ballet Technique at Leeds University. Email Erica on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open call for dancers for the Rugby League World Cup Festival in the NE of England during September to November. The fee is £650 per week plus travel and accommodation. For more information visit: www.pinwheel.org.uk/rugby-league-world-cup. Apply by the 7th of September.
- Sadlers Wells and Uchenna Dance is looking for experienced dancers to join the cast of “Our Mighty Groove”. The auditions are on the 20th and 21st of October with a call-back on the 28th. Apply by the 26th of September. Application forms are on the Sadlers Wells website.
- The Las Vegas show “Rouge” is looking for male dancers who are eligible to work in America. For more details contact: email@example.com
- Alton Towers are currently recruiting performers for the Halloween Season. Visit the website to apply.
- Performers College Birmingham are recruiting for a Principle Lecturer of Jazz and Tap. For further information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Three Rings Agency is looking for dancers for show contracts in Las Vegas. Contact: email@example.com
- Pontins is looking for dancers to join their entertainment teams around the UK. Find out more and apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Place in London is looking for Professional Dance Teachers. Visit the website for further details and how to apply.
- One Dance UK is seeking an experienced Project Manager. Enquiries and applications should be directed to: email@example.com
- BOR Productions are casting for several of their cruise ship contracts with MSC Cruises. For more details contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amy Ireland is covering Beaux this Sunday for Interpretive Tap at the Pineapple Studios at 2.00pm. Amy has a weekly Tap class at the Base Studios on Thursdays at 2.00pm and Contemporary Jazz at 3.00pm.
- Emma Northhouse & Didy Veldman are offering DancEnhance – ballet & contemporary – on the 2nd of October at the Royal Ballet Upper School in Covent Garden. For more info: www.balletboost.com/dancenhance
- 3 Rings Talent offers a Commercial class with Beky Humphreys every Tuesday from 2.30 – 4.00pm at Base Dance studio in London.
- Oti Mabuse Dance Studio is offering a Latin American Beginners class with Marius every Thursday from 8.00 – 9.00pm.
- Lukas McFarlane will hold an Intensive dance course from the 6th of September to the 15th of September. For more information contact: www.untitleddance.com
- Nafisah Baba is teaching at Danceworks in London on Wednesdays from 5.30 – 7.00pm and on Tuesdays from 8.00 – 9.30pm.
- Sherisse Bisram is offering a Commercial class on Tuesdays at Pineapple from 7.30 – 8.30pm and a “Sexy RNB” from 8.30 – 9.30pm.
- Lowri Jackson has a weekly Heels class at Base Studios on Saturdays from 4.00 – 5.30pm.
- Martina Gumbs is doing a Jazz Heels class on Wednesdays from 7.00 – 8.15pm for £7 at Studio 25, Manchester. For more details and to book, contact: email@example.com
- Holly Stubbings is giving a Contemporary Fusion class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Fridays from 6.00 – 7.00pm.
- Jared Hageman is offering a Jazz class on Mondays from 5.30 – 7.00pm for £9 at the Hub Studio in London.
- Shona Wilson has a Commercial class at Base Studios on Thursday from 8.30 – 9.55pm.
- Aileen Carroll-Turner is offering Adult Ballet classes at intermediate level on Mondays from 8.00 – 9.30pm at CTSD in Brighton. Students £8.50 and drop ins £9.50.
- Laura Morse is offering a class on Wednesdays at Base Studios, London, from 5.30 – 6.55pm. Book your space via the app.
- Haley Monaghan is teaching a Heels class on Wednesdays from 8.30 – 10.00pm at the Base Dance Studios in London for £12. Book your place via the app.
- Kim Collins is offering a Commercial class every Wednesday & Saturday from 1.00 – 2.25pm at the Base Dance Studios in London.
- Christopher Tendai is offering a Musical Theatre Jazz class at Pineapple Studios, London, on Tuesdays from 10.15 – 11.45am.
- Drew McOnie is giving a dance class at Pineapple Studios on Fridays at 6.30 – 8.30pm.
- Gareth Walker is teaching a Commercial Jazz dance class at the Pineapple Studios every Tuesday at 3.15pm.
- Ombracuradance have a weekly Hip Hop / Experimental dance class at The Base Studios on Mondays at 8.30 – 9.55pm
- Katie Deacon has an Advanced / Pro Ballet Class at the Pineapple Dance Studios on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 1.30pm.
- Christabelle Field is teaching a Latin Jazz class at the Base Dance Studio on Thursdays from 2.30 – 4.00pm for £9 in the Timberlake Studio. Christabelle also teaches at the Dance Attic on Thursday from 6.15 – 8.15pm.
- Louise Barton has a Commercial Dance class at the Pineapple Dance Studios every Friday from 1.45 – 3.15pm.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 5.00 – 6.00pm (Studio 2) & Wednesday from 7.45 – 8.45pm (Studio 1). There is also a Commercial Edge class at Base Studios on Thursday from 2.30 – 4.00pm (James Brown Studio).
Film And Video
- The “Wizard of Oz” is to be remade by Warner Bros. It will be written and directed by Kenya Barris.
- We spotted Emily Golding-Ellis dancing for Ed Sheeran at the Reading Festival.
- We spotted Channelle George, Victoria Mudima and Kamila Zalewska performing with Robbie Williams in Germany. The contract was with the Kutes Agency.
- We spotted Lina Guarin in the new advert for Bumble. The contract was with the AJK Agency.
- We spotted Ellese Pegler in the trailer for the new film “The Fence”.
- We spotted Katie Priest, Siobhan Kenny & Rebecca Hawkins on the new UEFA Champions League advert for BT Sport.
- We spotted Sarah Jane Abbott dancing with Nova Jones at Carfest South.
- We spotted Morgana Byworth performing with Queen Millz at the Reading Festival.
Dincwear Dancewear will keep watching the news and bring you further updates in the next edition.
View The Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.