All the latest dance, theatre, and stage news from Dincwear Dancewear.
Strictly’s Oti Mabuse lands new job hosting musical matchmaking show Romeo & Duet
Strictly star Oti Mabuse is to front the new ITV dating show Romeo & Duet, created, and produced by Goat Films. Oti will preside over the musical matchmaking as single love seekers stand on a breathtaking balcony and are serenaded by potential love matches that they can hear, but not see.
Strictly Come Dancing Live Arena Tour
2022 will see the return of the magnificent Strictly Come Dancing Live Arena Tour. Kicking off in Birmingham on 20 January 2022, a host of the celebs and professional dancers from the BBC One TV series will waltz around the country performing 33 shows in some of the UK’s biggest arenas in Leeds, Newcastle, Manchester, Sheffield, Liverpool, Glasgow, Nottingham and London.
Strictly 2020 finalist and former EastEnders star Maisie Smith will be joining the celebrity line-up for this year’s Strictly Come Dancing Live UK Tour. Maisie, who will dance with Strictly pro Kai Widdrington, will replace AJ Odudu who has had to withdraw from the tour on medical advice following an injury to her foot last December.
The previously announced Live Tour judging panel of Shirley Ballas, Craig Revel Horwood and Bruno Tonioli; together with new tour host Janette Manrara, make this a sparkling line-up not to be missed.
Strictly Winner Rose Ayling Ellis announces her next career move.
BBC Strictly Come Dancing’s Rose Ayling Ellis has outlined her big aim following her Glitterball Trophy win.
On ITV This Morning today, Rose and Giovanni Pernice were reunited, On what’s next for her, Rose said she wants to influence legislation by triggering debates on deaf policy in the Commons. She shared: “I have heard so many stories. And it is still happening now. Some people go to a doctor’s appointment… and they ask for an interpreter but they aren’t provided with one. They have to rely on a family member.
“And that shouldn”t be done. But because it is not an official language, we cannot do anything about it. So if we can change that, we can offer so much protection.
“I am talking to Rosie Cooper MP and her parent is deaf, so she is going to start a debate.”
The Rocky Horror Show is hitting the road with its UK tour in 2022
On the way to visit an old college professor, two clean-cut kids, Brad Majors and his fiancée Janet Weiss, run into tyre trouble and seek help at the site of a light down the road. It’s coming from the Frankenstein place, where Dr. Frank’n’furter and Rocky Horror reside.
With a book, music, and lyrics by Richard O’Brien, The Rocky Horror Show made its world premiere in London in the 1970s and has gone on to become one of the world’s most popular and produced musicals.
The Tour kicks off at the Leicester Curve on the 10th January 2022. A full list of venues can be found here: Tour Dates
General News & Sighting
- Welsh theatres have warned of further losses as the Government confirms that heightened restrictions will continue.
- “Footloose The Musical” reveals its complete cast. The tour will begin in Plymouth on the 14th of February. It is directed by Racky Plews and choreographed by Matt Cole.
- “The Osmonds” unveils it’s full cast. The production will open at the Curve Theatre in Leicester on the 3rd of February. The choreography is by Bill Deamer.
- The cast of “Chicago” has been finalized. The tour will open at the Liverpool Empire on the 7th of February.
- The revival of “The Wiz” at the Hope Mill theatre will be streamed for online audiences from the 22nd of January until the 30th of January. Audiences can book via the theatre website. The choreography is by Leah Hill.
- Christopher Tendai will be the choreographer on the new musical adaptation of “Wuthering Heights” at the Turbine theatre in London.
- “Mary Poppins” and “The Phantom Of The Opera” are cutting 2 performances a week as working from home and covid affect theatre attendance in the West End. Performers and stage managers will receive pro-rated salaries to reflect the reduction in performances.
- “Bring It On” has cancelled it’s UK tour. It will close on the 22nd of January. The production company, Selladoor, states that this is due to the financial losses caused by 12 performances being cancelled due to covid.
- The National theatre will close it’s production of “Hex” on the 22nd of January. It plans for a full run of the production next year. The choreography is by Jade Hackett.
- The English National Ballet has delayed it’s new production of “Raymonda” at the London Coliseum until the 18th of January.
- Tamara Rojo is leaving the English National Ballet to become the Artistic Director of the San Francisco Ballet towards the end of the year.
Future Dance News
- Time Rice confirms that “Chess” is set for Broadway.
- Erica Mulkern’s “Suzy Homemaker” will be performed at the Lawence Batley Theatre on the 25th of March.
- The Barn Theatre, Cirencester, has unveiled its 2022 season, which includes a number of musical revivals.
- “Beautiful – The Carole King Musical” will open in Leicester on the 28th of February 2022. It will star Molly-Grace Cutler & Tom Milner and be choreographed by Leah Hill.
- The revival of “White Christmas” will embark on a new tour in 2022. It will open on the 22nd of November 2022 at the Nottingham Theatre Royal. The choreography is by Stephen Mear.
- Strictly announced the couples who will be appearing on the Strictly Live Tour. It will be Giovanni & Rose, Aljaz & Sara, Katya & Max George, Kai & Maisie, Nikita & Tilly, Nancy & Rhys and Johannes & John. In addition, the following Pro dancers will also be on the tour: Amy, Neil, Cameron, Luba & Jowita.
- A new revival of “Jekyll & Hyde” has been announced to open in April 2022. It will be choreographed by Sarah Golding.
- “Dirty Dancing” will return to the Dominion Theatre from the 2nd of February 2022. The choreography is by Austin Wilks.
- Lucie Jones is to join the West End production of “Wicked” from the 1st of February 2022.
- “Anything Goes” will return to the Barbican Theatre from the 5th of July until the 3rd of September 2022. The choreography is by Kathleen Marshall and Carol Lee Meadows.
- Chance 2 Dance will present “The Showcase Arena” in Manchester on the 26th & 27th of March 2022.
- A new production of “Grease” will come to London’s Dominion Theatre in 2022. The choreography is by Dame Arlene Phillips.
- The Broadway production of “My Fair Lady” will open at the London Coliseum in May 2022.
- “Mamma Mia” revealed the casting for it’s 2022 UK tour. It will start on the 18th of January 2022 at Plymouth. The production has been choreographed by Anthony Van Laast.
Auditions & Appointments
- London Studio Centre is looking for a new Head Of Student Welfare and Dance Science Lecturer. More details are on the website. The deadline for applications is the 17th of January.
- BOR Productions are casting for several of their cruise ship contracts with MSC Cruises. For more details contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Central School Of Ballet is looking for a Classical Ballet Tutor. This is a job-share position which is part-time and on a fixed contract from mid February to mid July 2022. The details are on the company website.
- The Place’s “Choreodrome” research residencies can be applied for now. These allow the artist funding and studio space for their projects. The deadline for applications is the 24th of January 2022. See the website for further details.
- Stage Fever Productions is looking for female dancers for 2 new 1970’s themed touring shows. Auditions are on the 14th of January at the Centre Point Dance Studio in Manchester.
- “Wicked – The Movie” is looking for a wheelchair bound person to play Nessarose. Anybody interested should email: email@example.com
- The Ballet Company Of The Slovak National Theatre is looking for dancers with excellent technique in classical and modern ballet. See the company website for details. Audition is by invite only on the 6th of February. The deadline for applications is the 16th of January 2022.
- The CCN – Ballet de Lorraine is looking for dancers to join the company in August 2022. See the company website for details. Auditions are on the 5th & 6th of February in Paris – by invitation only. The deadline for applications is the 15th of January 2022.
- Auditions for the revival of “Jekyll & Hyde” are scheduled for the 11th – 14th of January 2022 in London, with recalls towards the end of January.
- Laine Theatre Arts is looking to appoint an Access And Participation Co-ordinator to drive the “Lanes To Laines” initiative – bridging the space between vocational training in dance & musical theatre and under-represented communities.
- Julie Bowers of BBO Dance has launced the GradPro programme to give graduates the opportunity to perform, with the possibility of being seen by leading dance directors. The closing date for applications is the 28th of January 2022..
- Birmingham Ceremonies is looking for pro dancers for both the opening and the closing ceremonies of the Birmingham Commonwealth Games next year.
- Valentina Dolci is giving a Lyrical Jazz class for Intermediate / Advanced level on the 28th of January from 6.00 – 8.00pm at Ignite Studio in Glasgow.
- Rose Wild & Scott Caldwell are offering a Commercial / Latin class on the 18th of January at Danceworks in London: 6.00pm an open class for all levels & 8.00pm an Advanced / Pro class.
- Adam Garcia is giving a Tap Masterclass in Hull on the 16th of January. For further details contact: www.lavoltaevents.co.uk/hull
- Danielle Rose Haden is doing a class on the 14th of January from 6.00 – 7.30pm at the Hub in Birmingham.
- Sophie Sullivan is giving a Heels class on the 16th of January for £5 at Studio 68 in London from 2.30 – 4.00pm for all levels.
- Kim Collins is offering a Commercial class every Wednesday & Saturday from 1.00 – 2.25pm at the Base Dance Studios in London.
- Lizzie McConachie is giving a Commercial class at Pineapple Studios on Tuesdays from 7.30 – 8.30pm.
- Hannah Levitt Collins is giving a Heels class at Base Studios in London on the 15th of February from 2.00 – 4.00pm. You can book on Hannah’s Bio on Instagram.
- Sophina Afzal is teaching a Jazz/MT class at “Move It” on the 13th of March at 2.45pm.
- Hannah Cleeve is giving a Heels class on Friday the 11th of March from 2.15 – 3.00pm at “Move It”. (This will book up fast)
- From January 2022, Faith Newport will be teaching a Commercial / Hip Hop class on Fridays from 5.45 – 6.45pm at the Motion Studios, Bristol.
- Steffi Croxson is teaching 2 classes at “Move It”. A Salsa Fitness class on Friday the 11th at 1.45 – 2.30pm and a Barre Beats class on Sunday the 13th from 3.45 – 4.30pm.
- Jordi Guitart is teaching a class at “Move It” on the 12th of March at 2.15pm in the Fosse Studio.
- Christopher Tendai is offering a Musical Theatre Jazz class at Pineapple Studios, London, on Tuesdays from 10.15 – 11.45am.
- Drew McOnie is giving a dance class at Pineapple Studios on Fridays at 6.30 – 8.30pm.
- Lizzie McConachie is teaching on Thursdays at Base Studios from 2.30 – 4.00pm.
- Sir Matt Bourne’s New Adventures Company is doing a 1 day Pro masterclass on the 29th of January 2022 at the Urdang Academy. This includes a ticket to the evening performance at Sadlers Wells that night.
- Gareth Walker is teaching a Commercial Jazz dance class at the Pineapple Studios every Tuesday at 3.15pm.
- Ombracuradance have a weekly Hip Hop / Experimental dance class at The Base Studios on Mondays at 8.30 – 9.55pm
- Katie Deacon has an Advanced / Pro Ballet Class at the Pineapple Dance Studios on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 1.30pm.
- Lauren Gore has her “Tappercise Class” every other Monday at the Holy Trinity Church, London NR21, from 7.30 – 8.15pm for £6 per class. Contact Lauren for further details.
- Christabelle Field is teaching a Latin Jazz class at the Base Dance Studio on Thursdays from 1.00 – 2.30pm for £9.
- Louise Barton has a Commercial Dance class at the Pineapple Dance Studios every Friday from 1.45 – 3.15pm.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 5.00 – 6.00pm (Studio 2) & Wednesday from 7.45 – 8.45pm (Studio 1). There is also a class at Base Studios on Thursday from 1.00 – 2.25pm (Astaire Studio).
- Dollie Henry offers a weekly Jazz class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Sundays from 4.15 – 5.45pm.
- Michael & Jowita, the winners of “The Greatest Dancer”, are offering a full range of dance classes at their Studio in Ealing, London.
Film And Video
- The winners of the 79th annual Golden Globe Awards were announced online. “West Side Story” won 3 awards: Best Motion Picture (in the comedy/musical category), Rachel Zegler won Best Actress in the same category and Ariana DeBose won Best Supporting Actress. Andrew Garfield won Best Actor in the same category for “Tick,Tick…Boom!”.
- The BBC will broadcast the National Lottery’s “Big Night Of Musicals” on the 29th of January.
- We spotted Miekaile Brown in the latest Samsung Galaxy S21 commercial. The contract was with the AJK Agency.
- We spotted Alison Eager in “The Witcher”.
- We spotted Lauren Mcguire in “Stay Close” on Netflix.
- We spotted Lee Pratt in the new advert for Bacardi.
Dincwear Dancewear will keep watching the news and bring you further updates next Tuesday as usual.
View The Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.