Little Mix star Perrie Edwards has revealed the name of her newborn baby.
In a tribute to her partner and the baby’s father, Liverpool footballer Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Perrie has called her son Axel.
View Perrie Edwards Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
View Who’s Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
In a week that traditionally sees a lot of auditions for the pantomine season, it is revealed that ticket sales for pantomines are not going very well.
This is the rest of the weeks Dincwear Dancewear news that may be of interest to pro dancers.
General News & Sighting
- UK theatres could lose up to £23 million this Christmas as people are not buying tickets for pantomime, according to data from TRG Arts and Purple Seven.
- The new series of “Strictly Come Dancing” will begin on the 18th of September. The live shows start on the 25th of September.
- A Younger theatre announced that it was in financial difficulty.
- Burn The Floor announced a re-union tour with all the dancers who went on to become Strictly stars. The tour is from the 12th to the 22nd of July 2022. Tickets are on sale now at: www.btf25.com
- “Wicked” announced its West End cast for re-opening on the 15th of September. Sophie Evans will play Glinda and Laura Pick will play Elphaba.
- Sir Matt Bourne’s new dance work “The Midnight Bell” opens on the 9th of September in Cheltenham.
- Rosie Kay’s new production of “Romeo And Juliet” will open at the Birmingham Hippodrome on the 8th of September.
- One Dance UK announced the shortlist for it’s annual Awards.
- The International Edinburgh Fringe & International Festival reported strong ticket sales despite operating with fewer shows.
- Balletclass.com has launched their website – this features online masterclasses from some of the leading ballet dancers in the world.
- The “Dancing Times” for September was published. It’s “Dancer Of The Month” is Teo Dubreuil of The Royal Ballet.
Future Dance News
- Burn The Floor will perform on the Global Village Main Stage, Dubai, in March 2022.
- Protein Dance’s “The Little Prince” will be at The Place in London from the 18th of December until the 24th.
- “Ballet Nights” will take place at The Lanterns Studio Theatre, London, on the 23rd of October.
- Emma Levene’s “Crimson Reflection” is on at The Pump House Theatre on the 2nd and 3rd of October.
- The full casting was announced for the “A Chorus Line” revival at the Curve Theatre, Leicester. It will star Adam Cooper & Carly Mercedes Dyer and be choreographed by Ellen Kane. The Show will run from the 3rd of December until the 31st.
- Deja Vu will hold it’s 15th “Dancers Delight” show on the 22nd of October at 229 The Venue, London.
- Wayne McGregor, Resident Choreographer with The Royal Ballet, will be choreographing ABBA’s new concert in London next year.
- Dance Umbrella, London’s International Dance Festival, will return from the 8th of October until the 24th.
- “The Choir Of Man” will open in the West End on the 9th of November at The Arts Theatre. The choreographer is Freddie Huddleston.
Appointments and Auditions
- Dance East Centre For Advanced Training is looking to recruit ballet teachers. Further information is available on the website. The deadline for applications is the 30th of September.
- Registration for the Prix de Lausanne ballet competition is now open. Dancers have until the 30th of September to apply.
- After 5 years Marc Brew is stepping down as Artistic Director of AXIS Dance Company.
- Debbie Allen will receive the 2021 Governors Award from the US Television Academy during the Emmy Awards on the 19th of September.
- Adam Garcia is doing a series of Tap classes with LaVolta events: the 31st Of October (Kent), the 7th of November (Manchester), the 5th of December (Hull), & the 12th of December (Doncaster).
- Burn Nation are doing an online Masterclass with Jason Gilkinson, the choreographer for Strictly, on the 18th of September at 12.00pm UK time.
- Christabelle Field is teaching a Latin Jazz class at the Base Dance Studio on Thursdays from 1.00 – 2.30pm for £9.
- Rachel Baker is holding an advanced dance class on Wednesdays from 5.30 – 7.00pm at the Pearl Shaw Performing Arts Studio for £8.50.
- Louise Barton has a Commercial Dance class at the Pineapple Dance Studios every Friday from 1.45 – 3.15pm.
- Nafisah Baba offers a dance class at Dreamworks, London, every Wednesday from 5.30 – 7.00pm.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 2.15 – 3.15pm & Wednesday from 7.45 – 8.45pm. There is also a class at Base Studios on Thursday from 1.00 – 2.25pm.
- Dollie Henry offers a weekly Jazz class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Sundays from 4.00 – 5.30pm.
- Michael & Jowita, the winners of “The Greatest Dancer” are offering a Beginners Adult Latin/Ballroom class at their Michael & Jowita Dance Studio on Saturday from 3.15 -4.14pm. The Studio is in Ealing, London.
Film And Video
- “Cinderella” was released on Amazon Prime. The choreography is by Ashley Wallen & Jenny Griffin. There are 66 pro dancers listed on the credits.
- The London International Screen Dance Festival will happen at The Place on the 23rd of September.
- We spotted Lolly Campbell, Michela Di Felice, Lizzy Evernden & Shola B Riley making the London Tango Academy video. The choreography is by Leandro Palou & Maria Tsiatsiani.
- We spotted Zoe Purpuri & Devon Young dancing with Sister Sledge.
- We spotted Strictly dancer Katie Priest and Claire Street performing on stage at the Mighty Hoopla.
With Sir Matt Bourne’s new dance work opening this week and Strictly on it’s way, there are things to look forward to in these testing times. Dincwear Dancewear will be back with the news that effects Pro dancers again next week.
DINCWEAR’S NEW COLLECTION IS DUE IN SOON!
Sign Up To Our Newsletter To Be Notified When They Go On Sale
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.