All the latest news from Dincwear.
Strictly Come Dancing 2021: Week 6
Judi Love is the fifth contestant to be eliminated from Strictly Come Dancing during Sunday night’s Halloween Episode.
The latest celebrity to be eliminated from Strictly Come Dancing has been revealed.
Sunday Night results episode saw Judi Love voted off the BBC One show, along with her professional partner Graziano Di Prima.
The Loose Women star and Di Prima competed in a dance-off against Olympic swimming champion Adam Peaty and his partner Katya Jones.
Ed Sheeran is rooting for Rose Ayling-Ellis on Strictly after a perfect Halloween Tango.
The Musician didn’t realise he’d written ‘the perfect tango song’ until seeing the EastEnders star dance to it with her partner, Giovanni Pernice.
Rose Ayling-Ellis and her professional dance partner Giovanni Pernice made history last weekend after scoring a perfect 40 in week six for their Halloween-themed tango, which they performed to Sheeran’s single “Shivers”.
The Halloween pro dance on Sunday was choreographed by Beth Honan.
CABARET at the KIT KAT CLUB – Playhouse Theatre
Doors open November 2021.
When “Cabaret” opens at the Playhouse Theatre next week, it will be the first time that all the West End theatres in London are open since the beginning of the pandemic
Here is the Dincwear Dancewear news that will be of interest to pro dancers.
General News & Sighting
- “The Irish Times” reports that Ireland is to trial a scheme where dancers & artists get a guaranteed basic income. The pilot scheme could see 2,000 creative workers get e325 per week from March 2022.
- The UK Government confirmed that it is not just ending the reduced 5% rate of VAT on ticket sales, but is actually increasing it to 20% in March 2022.
- “The Stage” reports that no criminal matters have arisen from the external investigation into allegations of misconduct at Arts Ed.
- Bill Kenwright has bought “The Other Palace” from Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber.
- “Heathers” is to open at The Other Palace from the 25th of November until the 20th of February 2022. It will feature choreography from Gary Lloyd.
- Further company has been revealed for “The Rhythmic’s” musical at the Southwark Playhouse. The choreography is by Mark Smith.
- “Five Guys Named Moe” is to be revived this Christmas at Upstairs At The Gatehouse from the 15th of December until the 16th of January 2022. It is choreographed and directed by Mykal Rand.
- Complete casting has been announced for the world premiere of “Rumi” at the London Coliseum on the 23rd & 24th of November. The show stars Ramin Karimbo and is choreographed by Anjali Mehra, with Mark Samaras as Assistant Choreographer.
- “She Loves Me” revival at Sheffield Crucible reveals the complete cast. The choreographer is Ewan Jones.
- “Zorro The Musical” will re-open in London from the 12th of March. It only had 2 previews before being shut down by the pandemic. The choreographer is Cressida Carre.
- Carlos Acosta & Alessandra Ferri join the Birmingham Royal Ballet for an evening of ballet, including “Imminent” a new work by Daniela Cardim, at Sadlers Wells on the 4th – 6th of November.
- Cynthia Erivo & Danny Sapani will host the 2021 Black British Theatre Awards in London on the 21st of November.
- Steps begin their UK tour this week – accompanied by 6 Pro dancers: Austyn Farrell, James Mulford, Crystal Hantig, Jo Dyce, Phil Birchall & Alex Brown. The choreography is by Mark Jennings.
- Maia Makhateli from The Dutch National Ballet will be appearing at the “Ballet Icons Gala” on the 26th of November at the London Coliseum.
STOP PRESS – Paul Taylor-Mills has been appointed as the Artistic Director of The Other Palace.
Future Dance News
- Ballet Black will debut a double bill featuring choreography from Gregory Maqoma and a score by Michael “Mikey J” Asante, at the Barbican Theatre from the 24th to the 27th of March 2022.
- The Stage Awards will return to the Theatre Royal Drury Lane in 2022.
Auditions & Appointments
- Rambert School is looking for a Ballet Teacher. For further information, visit the Rambert School website. Applications close on the 8th of November.
- Balbir Singh Dance Company is seeking an Apprentice Dancer as part of it’s Talent Development. Find out more from: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Butlins is looking to cast experienced Pro performers for roles in its 2022 panto.
- Applications are open for The Place’s Resolution Festival 2022 – a festival of new choreography and performance works by emerging artists. The deadline to apply is the 30th of November.
- Pearson Casting is casting for the “Six – The Musical” tour of the UK, which commences in March 2022. Email: email@example.com for more details.
- Birmingham Ceremonies is looking for pro dancers for both the opening and the closing ceremonies of the Birmingham Commonwealth Games next year.
- Dance Affinity is looking for a Dance Teacher to join them in Nottingham, working Mondays & Saturdays to begin with, on a self-employed basis. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scottish Dance Theatre is looking for a Head Of Production. Visit the company website for further details.
- West End show “Hamilton” is advertising for dancers. Auditions will be held in London – beginning in October and finishing in January 2022. Rehearsals will start on the 4th of April 2022. For more information contact: email@example.com
- A Dance Teacher is required by DSP Performing Arts for Saturdays during Term time. See the company website for details.
- Akoma Asa Arts are looking for Dance Teachers. For more information, visit the company website.
- Blenheim Palace is looking for dancers to interact with audiences in the “Story Of The Nutcracker” indoor Christmas Experience (£150 per day). Performances start on the 18th of November. The rehearsal is on the 15th of November. See the Blenheim Palace website for more details.
- Chris Marney is joining The Joffrey Ballet as Head Of Studio Company & Trainees.
- Beth Cinamon has been appointed as Executive Director of Shobana Jeyasingh Dance and will take up the post in late October 2022.
- Joanne Clifton & Tjasa Vulic are holding a masterclass on the 21st of November at Studio 68, London, from 2.00 – 6.00 pm. You can book on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sir Matt Bourne’s New Adventures Company is doing a 1 day Pro masterclass on the 29th of January 2022 at the Urdang Academy. This includes a ticket to the evening performance at Sadlers Wells that night.
- Gareth Walker is teaching a Commercial Jazz dance class at the Pineapple Studios every Tuesday at 3.15pm.
- Ombracuradance have a weekly Hip Hop /Experimental dance class at The Base Studios on Mondays at 20.30 – 21.55 pm
- Katie Deacon has an Advanced / Pro Ballet Class at the Pineapple Dance Studios on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 1.30pm.
- Erica Mulkern has a “Suzy Homemaker” dance workshop on the 7th of December from 11.00 – 1.15pm at the Drama Studio in Sheffield.
- Redbox Dance have a Dance Day with Brendon Hansford & Li Li Hodge on Saturday the 20th of November at Somers Town Community Sports Centre. Contact Redbox Dance for further details.
- Lauren Gore has her “Tappercise Class” every other Monday at the Holy Trinity Church, London NR21, from 7.30 – 8.15pm for £6 per class. Contact Lauren for further details.
- Adam Garcia is doing a series of Tap classes with LaVolta events: the 7th of November (Manchester), the 5th of December (Hull), & the 12th of December (Doncaster).
- Christabelle Field is teaching a Latin Jazz class at the Base Dance Studio on Thursdays from 1.00 – 2.30pm for £9.
- Louise Barton has a Commercial Dance class at the Pineapple Dance Studios every Friday from 1.45 – 3.15pm.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 2.15 – 3.15pm & Wednesday from 7.45 – 8.45pm. There is also a class at Base Studios on Thursday from 1.00 – 2.25pm.
- Dollie Henry offers a weekly Jazz class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Sundays from 4.15 – 5.45pm.
- Michael & Jowita, the winners of “The Greatest Dancer”, are offering a full range of dance classes at their Studio in Ealing, London.
Film And Video
- The Scottish Ballet production of “Starstruck” is being released as a feature-length film on Marquee Arts TV on the 26th of November.
- We spotted Danielle Everdell in the latest advert for Whitley Neil Gin.
- We spotted Sasha Fleet in the latest advert for Reebok.
- We spotted Brittany Cherry in Ed Sheeran’s new music video for “Overpass Graffiti”. Brittany was the beautiful dancer in Ed’s iconic video for “Thinking Out Loud” – one of the most viewed music videos ever with over 3.3 billion views.
With every theatre in London’s West End opening for the first time since the pandemic, there is a sense that things are finally getting a bit closer to normal. We will keep watching the news and bring you further updates next Tuesday as usual.
View The Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
VIEW DINCWEAR’S NEW COLLECTION NOW ON SALE!i
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.