Gather up your little ghouls, ghosts, and goblins. It’s time to trick or treat!
Strictly Come Dancing 2021: Week 5
Farewell: Ugo Monye became the fourth celebrity contestant to be eliminated from Strictly Come Dancing during Sunday night’s episode
Strictly Come Dancing 2021: Ugo Monye is the fourth celebrity to be eliminated following a dance-off with Rhys Stephenson… after being forced to miss last week’s show due to a back injury
The 38-year-old was the fourth celebrity contestant to be eliminated from Strictly Come Dancing during Sunday night’s episode. Rugby player Ugo, 38, and his partner Oti Mabuse, 31, landed in the dance-off against TV presenter Rhys Stephenson, and pro dancer Nancy Xu.
The Pro dance was choreographed by Matt Flint.
Here is the Dincwear Dancewear news that will be of interest to pro dancers.
General News & Sighting
- Strictly star Amy Dowden won a BAFTA for her documentary: “Strictly Amy : Crohn’s & Me”.
- Yat – Sen Chang, former Principle dancer with the English National Ballet, is sentanced to 9 years in jail for sexual abuse.
- The Principle Of Arts Ed, Chris Hocking, has resigned following an external investigation into allegations of serious misconduct in the school of Musical Theatre.
- Jerry Burn’s “The Human Touch”, starring Bethany Garner, Marge Hendrick & Constance Devernay from the Scottish Ballet, takes place at the Beacon Arts Centre, Inverclyde, on the 6th of November. The choreographer is Constant Vigier.
- “Jersey Boys” announced its cast for the UK & Ireland tour. It will open at Wimbledon on the 24th of November. The choreographer is Sergio Trujillo.
- The full casting was announced for the UK tour of “White Christmas”.
- Complete casting has been revealed for “Hex” which opens on the 4th of December at the National Theatre. The choreography is by Jade Hackett, with consultant choreography by Bill Deamer.
- “Dear Evan Hansen” has re-opened at the Noel Coward Theatre today. It is booking until the 13th of February 2022.
- The Dance School Of The Year Awards will be held on the 29th of October.
- Dane Hurst, Artistic Director of Phoenix Dance, Leeds, is to leave his post to return to his family in South Africa.
Future Dance News
- Strictly announced the return in 2022 of the Strictly Come Dancing Live Arena Tour. It will start in Birmingham on the 20th of January and perform 33 shows around the UK.
- Neil Jones has cancelled his “Gingerland” tour because of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
Auditions & Appointments
- Rambert School is looking for a Ballet Teacher. For further information, visit the Rambert School website. Applications close on the 8th of November.
- Balbir Singh Dance Company is seeking an Apprentice Dancer as part of it’s Talent Development. Find out more from: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Butlins is looking to cast experienced Pro performers for roles in its 2022 panto.
- Applications are open for The Place’s Resolution Festival 2022 – a festival of new choreography and performance works by emerging artists. The deadline to apply is the 30th of November.
- Pearson Casting is casting for the “Six – The Musical” tour of the UK, which commences in March 2022. Email: email@example.com for more details.
- Birmingham Ceremonies is looking for pro dancers for both the opening and the closing ceremonies of the Birmingham Commonwealth Games next year.
- Dance Affinity is looking for a Dance Teacher to join them in Nottingham, working Mondays & Saturdays to begin with, on a self-employed basis. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scottish Dance Theatre is looking for a Head Of Production. Visit the company website for further details.
- West End show “Hamilton” is advertising for dancers. Auditions will be held in London – beginning in October and finishing in January 2022. Rehearsals will start on the 4th of April 2022. For more information contact: email@example.com
- A Dance Teacher is required by DSP Performing Arts for Saturdays during Term time. See the company website for details.
- Akoma Asa Arts are looking for Dance Teachers. For more information, visit the company website.
- Blenheim Palace is looking for dancers to interact with audiences in the “Story Of The Nutcracker” indoor Christmas Experience (£150 per day). Performances start on the 18th of November. The rehearsal is on the 15th of November. See the Blenheim Palace website for more details.
- Joanne Clifton & Tjasa Vulic are holding a masterclass on the 21st of November at Studio 68, London, from 2.00 – 6.00pm. You can book on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sir Matt Bourne’s New Adventures Company is doing a 1 day Pro masterclass on the 29th of January 2022 at the Urdang Academy. This includes a ticket to the evening performance at Sadlers Wells that night.
- Christina Andrea has her annual Halloween Spookacular dance class at Pineapple Studios on the 27th of October at 7.45pm. Go dressed as your favourite Spooky Alter Ego.
- Robbie McMillan is doing an Industry Jazz class on the 1st of November from 1.00 – 2.30pm at the Base Studios in London for £10. It is for Advanced / Professional dancer level. Book via the Base Dance Studios App.
- Gareth Walker is teaching a Commercial Jazz dance class at the Pineapple Studios every Tuesday at 3.15pm.
- Ombracuradance have a weekly Hip Hop /Experimental dance class at The Base Studios on Mondays at 20.30 – 21.55pm
- Katie Deacon has an Advanced / Pro Ballet Class starting at the Pineapple Dance Studios on the week beginning the 18th of October. The class will be on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 1.30pm.
- Erica Mulkern has a “Suzy Homemaker” dance workshop on the 7th of December from 11.00 – 1.15pm at the Drama Studio in Sheffield.
- Redbox Dance have a Dance Day with Brendon Hansford & Li Li Hodge on Saturday the 20th of November at Somers Town Community Sports Centre. Contact Redbox Dance for further details.
- Lauren Gore has her “Tappercise Class” every other Monday at the Holy Trinity Church, London NR21, from 7.30 – 8.15pm for £6 per class. Contact Lauren for further details.
- Adam Garcia is doing a series of Tap classes with LaVolta events: the 31st Of October (Kent), the 7th of November (Manchester), the 5th of December (Hull), & the 12th of December (Doncaster).
- Christabelle Field is teaching a Latin Jazz class at the Base Dance Studio on Thursdays from 1.00 – 2.30pm for £9.
- Louise Barton has a Commercial Dance class at the Pineapple Dance Studios every Friday from 1.45 – 3.15pm.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 2.15 – 3.15pm & Wednesday from 7.45 – 8.45pm. There is also a class at Base Studios on Thursday from 1.00 – 2.25pm.
- Dollie Henry offers a weekly Jazz class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Sundays from 4.15 – 5.45pm.
- Michael & Jowita, the winners of “The Greatest Dancer”, are offering a full range of dance classes at their Studio in Ealing, London.
Film And Video
- We spotted Li Li Hodge, Carella Cece Nama, Alexandre Novelli & Zhane Samuels in Zara Larsson’s shoppable concert with Ellesse. The contract was with AMCK.
- We spotted Daisy Crew & Liv Ashman in the new Tetley advert.
- We spotted Alexandre Novelli in Wes Nelson’s new music video “Say Less”
That is all the news this week for pro dancers. We will continue to monitor events and report back next Tuesday.
View The Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
DINCWEAR’S NEW COLLECTION IS NOW ON SALE!
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.