According to a news report from a British tabloid, an all-male pair is coming to the next season of Strictly Come Dancing. Citing an unnamed source, The tabloid says that Olympic diver Tom Daley and comedian Alan Carr are two of the stars that have been approached. They also report that Italian dancer Graziano Di Prima is set to be the professional dancing partner to the celeb.
Did You Know? 8 of the Strictly Pro Dancers Now Wear Leggings From Dincwear Dancewear!
Live performance venues and theatres continue to re-open despite the problems of covid and self-isolation. It is interesting to note that many West End theatres in London are moving towards performances on a Sunday – given that the usual “Sunday pay” bonus for performers has been suspended until Spring 2022. These are the main points of interest for pro dancers that the team at Dincwear Dancewear has seen this week.
General News & Sighting
- The “Prince Of Egypt” had to cancel performances in London for 10 days as a member of the company had to self-isolate.
- Delfont Mackintosh theatres have become the second theatre group, after ATG, to require audience members to show proof of vaccination or a negative lateral flow test before seeing a show.
- Grace Mouat & Nathania Ong will join the West End production of “Be More Chill”.
- “Singing In The Rain” starring Kevin Clifton & Charlotte Gooch has opened at Sadlers Wells to excellent reviews.
- The “Dancing Times” published its August issue. The Dancer Of The Month is Natalie Alleston of the Phoenix Dance Company.
- ITV’s “The X Factor” has been shelved by Simon Cowell for at least 5 years.
- MTA, the arts college under threat of closure, announced that it had been given sufficient funds from benefactors to ensure that the class of 2022 will be able to graduate.
- Tickets are now available for “Dance In The Park 2021” in London. For further details contact: www.dancewest.co.uk/dance-in-the-park
- The cast started rehearsals for Sir Matt Bourne’s new production “The Midnight Bell”.
- Royal Caribbean’s “Odyssey Of The Seas” begins operations.
Future Dance News
- The “Rocky Horror Show” is to run at the Peacock Theatre in London from the 20th to the 30th of October. It will star Strictly winner Ore Oduba.
- Due to popular demand, a second performance of “Bonnie & Clyde” has been added at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane, on the 18th of January 2022. It is directed by Nick Winston.
- It was announced that Strictly star, Giovanni Pernice, will appear in his first feature film, “Man and Witch”, to be released later this year.
Appointments and Auditions
- Far From The Norm, the award-winning hip-hop dance theatre company, are looking for an Assistant Producer. The application deadline is the 9th of August 2021.
- Jo Hawes is casting for “The Osmonds UK Tour”.
- Cathy Marston will become Ballet Director & Chief Choreographer of Ballett Zurich in 2023.
- Rachel Baker is holding an advanced dance class on Wednesdays from 5.30 – 7.00 pm at the Pearl Shaw Performing Arts Studio for £8.50.
- Louise Barton has a Commercial Dance class at the Pineapple Dance Studios every Friday from 1.45 – 3.15 pm.
- Stacey Monahan is teaching a “Carousel” dance class at the Hub Studios in London on Saturday the 4th of September from 4.30 – 6.00 pm for £9.
- The Loft Studios in Coventry offers a dance class on Sunday the 8th of August from 10.30 – 3.30 pm with Serena McCall, Charlie Keen & Angus Simpson for £20.
- Nafisah Baba offers a dance class at Dreamworks, London, every Wednesday from 5.30 – 7.00 pm.
- Scarlette Ellyse is offering a Commercial dance class at Space Six, Newcastle, on Wednesdays from 6.00 – 7.00 pm for £7.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Li Li Hodge is doing an intermediate/advanced heels class on Monday evenings at 8.45 pm. Further information can be found at Li Li’s Instagram Bio.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 2.15 – 3.15 pm & Wednesday from 7.45 – 8.45 pm. There is also a class at Base Studios on Thursday from 1.00 – 2.30 pm.
- Dollie Henry offers a weekly Jazz class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Sundays from 4.00 – 5.30 pm.
Film And Video
- A “Special Look” at Steven Spielberg’s film “West Side Story” has been released ahead of the film opening in November.
- We spotted Jordan Darnell, Charlie Goddard & Flash Jordan in the new Anne Marie / Little Mix video for “Kiss My (Uh Oh)”. The Choreographer was Dani Vitali and the Assistant Choreographer was Nicole Bondzie. The contract was with AMCK Dance.
- We spotted Busola Peters in the latest advert for Diet Coke.
So live performance venues, which are the lifeblood of many pro dancers, continue to re-open and this will accelerate after August the 18th – when people who are fully vaccinated will be able to avoid self-isolating after coming into contact with a covid positive individual.
As always the team at Dincwear Dancewear will keep our eyes on the news and report back in our next weekly edition.
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.