With a month to go until the re-opening of theatres and venues, the team at Dincwear Dancewear is actively looking for news about the resumption of live performances and opportunities for pro dancers.
This is what the team at Dincwear Dancewear have spotted this week.
- The Edinburgh International Festival returns on the 7th to the 29th of August.
- “Come From Away” will re-open at the Phoenix Theatre in the West End in July.
- The Rosie Kay Dance Company is bringing “Absolute Solo 11” to Birmingham Rep on the 19th of May. This marks Rosie’s return to performing after a 6-year break.
- The New Theatre Royal, Lincoln, announced it will be staging “Strictly Cabaret X” – a socially distanced show featuring 6 pro ballroom dancers led by Kristina Rihanoff. The show will run from Friday the 21st of May to Saturday the 19th of June.
- The Underbelly Festival will return to London this summer, with plans to set up at a new location near Oxford Circus.
- The Underbelly Festival has revealed plans for a second venue at Earls Court, London, this year from the 15th of July to the 26th of September. The full season of shows at the 2 London venues will be announced in May.
- The ballet dancer and prominent choreographer Liam Scarlett passed away at the age 35.
Future Dance News
- The hit musical “Six” is coming to Blackpool in July.
- A live performance venue, The Electric Arcade, is opening in Brighton. It will have a main stage and 2 studio theatres.
- Strictly stars, Janette Manrara & Anton Du Beke, are performing at Ronnie Scott’s on August the 8th.
- “Jamie – The Musical” is planning to open in California next year.
- Jodie Prenger is to star in Andrew Lloyd Weber & Don Black’s “Tell Me On A Sunday” tour.
- Alinta Chidzey has been cast as Satine in “Moulin Rouge The Musical – Australia“. Based on the film by Baz Luhrmann, this show opens at Melbourne’s Regent Theatre in August 2021.
- Selladoor announced that it is partnering with Preston Council to produce a new festival of live performance & art that will run in the summer.
Auditions & Appointments
- Burn The Floor are having auditions for South African dancers on the 28th and 29th of April.
- Hofesh Shechter will become Artist-In-Residence of Gauthier Dance at Theaterhaus, Stuttgart, for the next 3 years.
- LD Dance Shawbrook announced that dance artist Roisin Whelan has been awarded the first LD Dance Performance Residency.
- Morag Deyes is to step down as Artistic Director of Edinburgh’s Dance Camp after 27 years.
- Candoco Dance Company are launching regular online adult dance classes for disabled and non-disabled people. Further details are on the company website.
- JGH Academy has a free masterclass with Strictly winner Joanne Clifton on Sunday the 2nd of May. Apply for your space via the company website: WWW.JGHACADEMY.CO.UK/MASTERCLASS
- Lil-J is offering online sassy commercial dance fusion this week on the Pineapple live app.
Film And Video
- New Adventures announced that its podcast “Bourne To Dance” will launch on the 29th of April – International Dance Day. It features interviews with Sir Matt Bourne and principal dancer Ashley Shaw.
- Sir Matt Bourne’s “The Car Man” is available to watch via The Show Must Go On YouTube channel until April the 23rd.
- Taira Foo will be co-streaming the filmed performance of “Sick” with One Dance UK on the 22nd of April at 7.00. This is available on the One Dance UK platform.
- Sadlers Wells is bringing William Forsythe’s, Tiler Peck & CLI Studio’s “The Barre Project” to its digital platforms from the 6th of May to the 16th of May.
- We spotted Charlotte Bazeley in the latest Ecco Shoes advert.
- The highlight of our week was spotting Charlotte Wildrienne & Li Li Hodge as red peppers on ITV’S “Game Of Talents“.
After more than a year of lockdown, it is very exciting to see all the preparations for live performances that are underway. We hope at Dincwear Dancewear that some of our sightings have been of interest to you and will return next week with anything else that we see.
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.