In a week dominated by the anticipation of Valentine’s and Pancake day, the Dincwear Dancewear Team bring you the latest dance news.
- The Lowry is offering 3 commissions of £10,000 each for “mid-career artists and companies to create new work for the lockdown age”. The deadline for submissions is 5 pm on Friday the 26th of February. Visit The Lowry website for further details.
- The Urdang Academy have teamed up with “The Stage” to offer 2 full-time dance Scholarships – visit the Urdang Academy website and go to the “Applications & Auditions” page to apply.
- At The Rambert School, the Scott Ambler Bursary for promising young dancer was won by Harry Wilson. Many congratulations.
- Irish dancer and choreographer Emma O’ Kane sadly died aged 44.
Future Dance News
- Audition Alert – Dresden based choreographer Alexander Miller is looking for experienced professional dancers to complete the cast of his upcoming production “The Rock“, which will take place at Hellerau, Dresden, Germany. The deadline for applications is the 28th of February and the audition will be in Dresden on the 6th of March. Further information is available from millerdenobili.com.
- Six ballets by Hans van Manen are to be live-streamed by the Dutch National Ballet on the 27th & 28th of February at 3.00 CET.
- The Chantry Dance Company started work on its next Bowie-inspired dance work: “Life On Mars“.
- Applications are now open for U. Dance 2021. Applications are welcome from all dance styles to “showcase the nation’s incredible youth dance talent”. Information is available on onedanceuk.org/u-dance-2021. The U. Dance Festival will take place online from the 16th to the 18th of July 2021.
- Jazz Peters is doing a Question & Answer about the professional dance industry on Monday the 1st of March from 6.30 to 7.30. Email for more details: info:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anne Walker MBE will be speaking at “Inspire“: an event for dance studio owners and teachers, on February the 22nd. Further information is on The Dance Den website.
Online Dance Classes
- Zoo Nation announced that its “Dance On Demand” is back every Friday afternoon at 3.00.
- There is a half-term Advance Commercial masterclass with Gaz Davis from 4.00 – 5.30 on February the 20th via Zoom. Tickets are £5. Reserve your place on GAZDAVIS1@YAHOO.CO.UK
- Hannah Levitt Collins has a Commercial Dance open class on Monday the 22nd of February from 5.45 -7.00. The details are on Hannah’s Instagram Bio.
- Christabelle Field is teaching a Free Latin Jazz Class on Thursday from 7.00 – 8.00 on @versatilitytv.
- The Clifton Dance Academy is holding a zoom class on Latin In Line on Wednesday from 6.30 – 7.30. Tickets are £4.
- Lil-J has several “Sassy Commercial Fusion” classes available via The Pineapple Live App each week.
Film & Videos
- The film “Jingle Jangle” was listed in 3 categories for the Oscar nominations. This film was choreographed by Ashley Wallen and Jenny Griffin.
- We noticed that choreographer Lizzie Gough worked on the latest Sky mobile advert.
- We spotted that Becky Hicks choreographed Rita Ora’s new video for “Bang“.
- Strictly stars Janette Manrara and husband Aljaz announced that they have filmed their show “Remembering The Oscars” and it will be available to stream from March the 27th. The choreographer is Gareth Walker and we spied dancers Kate Gray and Ash-Leigh Hunter in the promo clip.
- The cast list for the new film “In Pieces” was revealed. The Show will arrive in April.
- We spotted dancer Nicolette Whitley in the new video for DJ Sash’s single “Coming Home“.
That is all for this week from the news team at Dincwear Dancewear. Let’s hope that the light at the end of the tunnel is not another oncoming train!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.