All the latest news from Dincwear Pro Dancewear.
Strictly Come Dancing star makes return as viewers distracted by outfit.
Viewers became distracted when a Strictly Come Dancing star made a return to their TV screens. Professional dancer and choreographer Kevin Clifton appeared on Strictly’s spin-off show It Takes Two on BBC Two to discuss the dancing contestants’ performances from last week.
It Takes Two presenter Fleur East warned as she introduced the ‘Strictly champ’ on Tuesday’s episode (October 31) that he would be seen in a slightly different light after viewers had been asked to vote for which Halloween costume they would want to see him wearing this week. And as he appeared as fans’ choice Wednesday Addams, viewers flocked to social media to give their verdict.
Commenting on X (Formerly Twitter), @mrscarter22 said: “How can I take Kevin Clifton seriously dressed as Wednesday Addams?!” And @neildmck added: “I cannot unsee you as Wednesday Addams now but much prefer your Scott Strictly Ballroom Paso costume!!”
While @BosettKay wrote: “Watching #ItTakesTwo and you realize just how good Kevin Clifton is. I miss him off #Strictly.”
After Adam Thomas and Luba Mushtuk ending up having to fight for survival in the dance-off last Saturday, Kevin gave his verdict, saying he is giving the couple the ‘benefit of the doubt’ and he didn’t think they had made a mistake during their routine.
Disney medley, Crazy for You, The Little Big Things and more confirmed for Royal Variety Performance.
The line-up has been unveiled for this year’s Royal Variety Performance.
Bradley Walsh will host the event at the Royal Albert Hall, which is set to be headlined by global superstar Cher and be broadcast on ITV in December.
There will be a special Disney medley to mark the studio’s 100th anniversary, featuring the casts of The Lion King, Frozen, Aladdin, Hercules and Beauty and the Beast.
West End shows taking part include new musical The Little Big Things, currently running at @sohoplace, as well as the hit revival of Crazy for You. Magic will also come courtesy of the cast of Derren Brown’s new show Unbelievable.
Beverley Knight will join the cast of Sister Act for a performance, while Hannah Waddingham will also appear, accompanied by the ENO chorus. Mel C, of Spice Girls fame, will perform a tribute to theatre producer Bill Kenwright.
The special event takes place at the end of the month
Sister Act to run in the West End with Beverley Knight and Alexandra Burke.
Sister Act the Musical is set to make a grand return to London’s West End at the Dominion Theatre next spring.
The show features a star-studded cast with multi-award-winning music star and Olivier Award-winning performer Beverley Knight, and number one best-selling artist and musical theatre star Alexandra Burke, both portraying the role of Deloris Van Cartier.
Knight, who won the Olivier Award for her role as Emmeline Pankhurst in Sylvia at the Old Vic, will play Deloris from 15 March to 8 June 2024, while Burke will take over the role from 10 June to 31 August 2024. Burke previously played the role of Deloris in the 2016 tour.
Sister Act is a sparkling tribute to the universal power of friendship, sisterhood, and music, based on the iconic movie of the same name. The show tells the hilarious story of the disco diva, Deloris Van Cartier, whose life takes a surprising turn when she witnesses a murder. She is placed under protective custody and hidden in the one place she won’t be found – a convent. Disguised as a nun and under the suspicious watch of Mother Superior, Deloris helps her fellow sisters find their voices as she unexpectedly rediscovers her own.
The musical features original music by Tony and 8-time Oscar winner Alan Menken, lyrics by Glenn Slater, book by Bill and Cheri Steinkellner with additional book material by Douglas Carter Beane.
It has direction by Bill Buckhurst, choreography by Alistair David, set and costume design by Morgan Large, musical direction by Neil MacDonald, lighting design by Tim Mitchell, sound design by Tom Marshall and musical supervision by Stephen Brooker. Casting is by Stuart Burt, with further company members to be revealed.
Little Shop of Horrors musical revival announced.
Ipswich’s New Wolsey Theatre has announced its spring season for 2024.
Little Shop of Horrors, the famed sci-fi musical, will run between 1 and 23 March in co-production with Octagon Theatre Bolton, Hull Truck Theatre, and Theatre By The Lake. Howard Ashman and Alan Menken’s cult classic follows a man who nurtures an unusual plant that develops a taste for human flesh. It will play Theatre By The Lake from 27 March to 20 April, with further dates to be confirmed.
The theatre’s commitment to younger audiences is cemented with two original productions: Hare and Tortoise, a climate-focused adaptation of Aesop’s fable, touring primary schools in early spring 2024, and Romeo & Juliet (1 to 9 February), specially created for students and teachers of English and Drama, performed by emerging Ipswich talent.
Martha Loader’s darkly funny world premiere, Bindweed (28 to 29 June), explores the lives of men in a perpetrator program, in a co-production with Colchester Mercury Theatre and HighTide. The New Wolsey will join forces with Vamos Theatre for Boy On The Roof (13 to 14 February), a wordless, cross-generational friendship tale, created through Community Conversations.
A selection of visiting shows, from comedy to drama, will grace the stage, including Hags – A Musical Extravaganza, King Arthur, and family favourites like Dear Zoo and Gruffalo’s Child. Before spring, rock ‘n’ roll pantomime, Dick Whittington and His Cat runs this winter, penned by award-winning comedian Vikki Stone.
Frozen releases new production images.
Frozen has released new production shots at Theatre Royal Drury Lane.
The current cast of the show is Jenna Lee-James as Elsa, who replaces Samantha Barks during her maternity leave, Jenna Lee-James (Elsa), Laura Dawkes (Anna), Jammy Kasongo (Kristoff), Craig Gallivan (Olaf), Oliver Ormson (Hans), Richard Frame (Duke of Weselton); and alternating the role of Sven, Mikayla Jade and Ashley Birchall. Continuing as part of the ensemble are Rhianne Alleyne, Marianne Bardgett, Rebecca Botterill, Gabrielle Cocca, Laura Emmitt, Jemal Felix,Jordan Fox, Molly Francis, Matt Gillett, Dominic Adam Griffin, Jordan Livesey, Isabella Glanznig Santos, Ben Irish (Pabbie), Justin-Lee Jones, Aoife Kenny, Harriet Samuels, Jacqui Sanchez (Queen Iduna), Jak Skelly (Oaken/Bishop, Caitlin Tipping, Anna Woodside, and Rodney Vubya; who will be joined by Oliver Brenin, Ashley J Daniels (King Agnarr), Lizzy-Rose Esin-Kelly (Bulda), George Hinson, Jonathan Milton, and Ed Wade.
The show is said to have broken box office records for the venue across the months of November and December, as well as during the festive period last year. It is now booking until June 2024.
Based on the seminal Disney film (which celebrates its 10th anniversary this year), the piece follows two sisters grappling with the death of their parents and the presence of the elder’s ice powers. It has music and lyrics by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, book by Jennifer Lee, and is directed by Michael Grandage.
You can see new photos Here, while the show has also confirmed a Christmas schedule
General News & Sighting
- Spotlight’s monopoly in the industry has been called into question after the casting site introduced a premium subscription tier that has been accused of bordering on exploitation and of creating class barriers due to its increased cost. (The Stage)
- After a furious response from performers, Spotlight has “paused” the roll-out of the new service.
- Gaz Davis introduced his new Synergy Dance Championship which was opened on Sunday by Kimberly Wyatt. The adjudicator was Jared Hageman who was assisted by Abby Taylor. Romy Fisher won the Adjudicators Golden Buzzer award and Jasmine Hiom was the highest scoring soloist. The next Synergy event will take place on the 11th & 12th of February 2024.
- The Place in London has announced its Spring 2024 dance season.
- The Royal Academy of Dance announced the winners of the Margot Fonteyn Ballet Competition 2023. The Gold medal went to Jakob Wheway Huges, with Silver going to Lucia Moore and Bronze to Ed Cooley.
- Christopher Marney is relaunching the London City Ballet as a 12 dancer company that will tour with funding for the next 3 years. Christopher will be the Artistic Director with Kate Lyons as Rehearsal Director.
- Sadler’s Wells has announced the opening of its 2024 season, which includes the transfer of a Broadway musical.
- Black British Theatre announced its awards for 2023. ZooNation’s “Sylvia” won the award for Best Production Musical. It was choreographed by Kate Prince.
- Greenwich Dance will close permanently at the end of 2023.
- Alessandra Ferri will become the new Director of the Vienna State Opera Ballet company from the 1st of September 2025.
- Sadler’s Wells has appointed Britannia Morton as Chief Executive.
- Musical Con 2024 will take at the ExCel Centre in London on the 19th & 20th of October.
- “The Book of Mormon” has confirmed a new tour. It will have choreography by Casey Nicholaw with dance arrangements by Glen Kelly.
- The Menier Chocolate Factory has announced the complete cast for its production of “Pacific Overtures”. The choreography is by Ashley Nottingham.
- The leading cast have been revealed for the tour of “An Officer and a Gentleman”. It will star Luke Baker and Georgia Lennon and have choreography by Joanna Goodwin. The tour will start in Birmingham on the 23rd of February 2024.
- An industry workshop presentation of “I’m Every Woman – The Chaka Khan Musical” has set its cast. It will take place at the Mountview Academy on the 10th of November. The show is directed by Racky Plews, with choreography by Del Mak.
- The Theatre Cafe in London has closed following issues due to “rent arrears relating to covid”.
Future Dance Events News
- A “Cruel Intentions” musical is coming to London. It will open at the Other Palace on the 11th of January 2024 with choreography by Gary Lloyd.
- Nick Winston and Ryan Lee Seager will be directing and choreographing the world premiere of “Burlesque The Musical” – which has Christina
- Aguilera as an Executive Director. The show will open at the Manchester Opera House on the 13th of June 2024.
- “Clueless The Musical” will have a developmental run at the Churchill theatre in Bromley from the 12th – 24th of February 2024.
- “Mean Girls” is coming to the Savoy Theatre in June 2024.
- A touring musical version of “101 Dalmations” will open in Wimbledon on the 22nd of June 2024.
- “& Juliet” will embark on a UK tour from the 8th of July 2024. The choreographer is Jennifer Weber.
- “The Devil Wears Prada” has confirmed its West End run and UK premiere. It will be directed and choreographed by Jerry Mitchell and be cast by Jill Green. The show will open in Plymouth on the 9th of July 2024.
- “Bonnie and Clyde The Musical” has announced the initial cast and tour dates for 2024. Katie Tonkinson will star as Bonnie Parker.
- “Starlight Express” is to return to London in the Summer of 2024. It will be choreographed by Ashley Nottingham.
- The world premiere of the new British musical “Cable Street” is to open at the Southwark Playhouse on the 16th of February 2024. The choreography is by Melody Sinclair.
- “Some Like It Hot” is coming to the West End in 2025. It will be directed and choreographed by Casey Nicholaw.
- “Wicked” has announced the full cast for its tour of the UK and Ireland. We spotted Charlotte Coggin, Aine Curran, Jade Davies, Maddison Firth, Shoko Ito and Will Luckett among the cast members. The tour will open on the 7th of December at Edinburgh.
- Full casting has been revealed for the first UK and Ireland tour of “Aladdin”. Gavin Adams will star with Desmonda Cathabel as Jasmine. Sarah Benbelaid is the Assistant Dance Captain. The show will open in Edinburgh in October.
- The full cast has been announced for “The Witches” musical at the National Theatre in London. The choreography is by Stephen Mear and Ebony Molina. It will open on the 7th of November.
- The 2024 Mighty Hoopla Big Weekender has announced its line up led by: Natalie Imbruglia, Cascada and Gabrielle.
- “Treason The Musical” confirms its initial touring cast. It will star Nicole Raquel Dennis, Joe McFadden and Emilie Louise Israel and open at the Edinburgh Festival theatre on the 25th of October.
- Leeds Playhouse will stage “Oliver” in the round from the 27th of November until the 27th of January 2024.
- “Diana the Musical” will open at the Eventim Apollo in Hammersmith, London, on the 4th of December. It will star Kerry Ellis and Maiya Quansah-Breed.
- “Standing at the Sky’s Edge” will run at the Gillian Lynne theatre from the 8th of February 2024. The choreography is by Lynne Page.
- “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang” will embark on a UK tour from April 2024, opening in Southampton on the 30th of April 2024. The choreography is by Karen Bruce.
- “Shucked” will open in the West End in 2024. The choreographer is Sarah O’Gleby.
- The musical “Bonnie & Clyde” will be heading off on a tour of UK and Ireland in 2024, opening in Manchester on the 19th of March. It is directed and choreographed by Nick Winston.
- “Come From Away” announced a UK and Ireland tour beginning in Leicester on the 1st of March 2024. The production is being cast by Pippa Ailion and Natalie Gallacher. The choreography is by Tara Wilkinson and Kirsty Malpas with Richard Hinds. The Dance Captain is Angeline Bell.
- “Hadestown” will open at the Lyric Theatre in the West End on the 10th of February 2024. The choreographer is David Neumann.
- The new musical “Starter for Ten” will premiere in Bristol next year at the Old Vic theatre from the 29th of February until the 30th of March 2024.
- “The King And I” will return to the West End in early 2024 starring Helen George and Darren Lee.
- “Sister Act – The Musical” will return to the Dominion theatre in the West End on the 15th of March 2024. It will star Beverley Knight and Alexandra Burke. The choreography is by Alistair David.
- The lead cast has been unveiled for “We Will Rock You” opening in the West End. It will star Lee Mead and Brenda Edwards.
- The upcoming “Wicked” tour has announced its lead casting. Laura Pick will play Elphaba. The show will open in Edinburgh on the 7th of
- December. The choreography is by Wayne Cilento.
- “Jesus Christ Superstar” will tour the UK in 2023/4 opening in Manchester this September. The choreography is by Drew McOnie.
- “The Wizard of Oz” will embark on a UK tour at Liverpool Empire on the 13th of December. The choreography is by Shay Barclay.
Auditions & Vacancies
- Shape Haus in London is having an audition on the 12th of November – see the website for details: http://www.shapehaus.co.uk
- The English National Ballet School is looking for a Ballet Teacher (maternity cover). The deadline for applications is the 6th of November, with interviews on the 15th of November. See the website for further details.
- The Gary Clarke Company is auditioning for 3 dancers at the Rambert Studios on the 18th & 19th of November. The deadline to apply is the 6th of November and the audition is by invite only. For more information, contact: http://www.wastelandtour.co.uk
- Barbara Jackson is offering 2 free weeks of training and rehearsals for a new dance musical on the 12th – 16th of February. To apply, email: email@example.com
- Adrian Gas is looking for a contemporary girl dancer of African heritage for a performance on the 15th of November. Contact Adrian on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pearson Casting will be casting the upcoming production of “Starlight Express”. Email your C.V and reels to: email@example.com
- The Place in London is looking for dancers to become Trainee Dance Teachers in their Partners Schools Project. Have a look at the website for details.
- “Beetlejuice” is looking for dancers in New York. Get more details on: http://www.pearsoncasting.com/beetlejuice
- Addict Dance Academy is hiring an Acting teacher. For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rouge in Las Vegas is looking for male dancers. Contact: email@example.com
- Lisa Welham, Magda Sobolewska, Katrin Lerner, Keoni Azra & Jennifer White have a Ladies Latin Intensive on the 9th of December from 10.00 am – 5.00 pm at the Somers Town Community Sports Centre in London.
- Weronika Wiktoria is starting a Street Jazz class every Monday at 5.30 pm at the Base dance studios with Ralitsa Chepisheva.
- Anna Rose O’Sullivan, principle dancer with the Royal Ballet, and Jamiel Devernay-Lawrence, artistic director of Ballet Nights, are offering a masterclass at Lanterns Dance studio in London on the 4th of November.
- Dollie Henry will be teaching Jazz dance at the Place in London on the 5th and 19th of November from 4.00 – 5.30 pm.
- Dance Forward has a 1 day Christmas Ballet course at the Royal Ballet Company Studios on the 3rd of December from 9.30 am – 1.30 pm with Darcey Bussell.
- Lil J is offering a sassy Commercial class at the Pineapple Dance Studios on Tuesdays at 4.15 pm. You can book on the Pineapple app.
- Amy Ireland is offering a Beginners Tap class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Fridays at 10.15 am and a Commercial Tap class on Mondays at 8.30 pm.
- Dominique Marinho is teaching a Beginners Heels class on Tuesdays at Pineapple Studios from 3.45 – 4.45 pm from the 1st of August.
- Jaye Richard Noel is starting a Commercial Hip Hop class from 8.00 – 9.30 pm on Wednesdays at Gymbox in Holborn. You can book via: heelsandfeels.com
- Natalie Twist has a “Sexy R n B” class every Wednesday from 8.00 – 9.00 pm at the Pineapple Dance Studios.
- Olivia Rose Shouler is doing a beginners choreography class on Wednesday from 7.00 – 8.25 pm at the Base Studios in London.
- Anna Maria Barber is doing a Choreography class at Flow Dance in Oval every Tuesday from 7.00 – 8.30 pm.
- Hannah O’Brian is giving a Heels class on Wednesdays from 7.00 – 8.00 pm in Chelmsford. DM Hannah on her Instagram for details.
- Gemma Hoddy is giving a class at Base Studios on Thursdays from 5.30 – 6.55 pm.
- Nicolette Whitley is offering a dance class on Thursdays from 6.15 – 7.15 pm at the Inner Space in Nelwyn for £7. Reserve your space on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emma Levene is offering a General Ballet Core and Stretch Contemporary class at Forest Gate Community School on Thursdays from 7.00 – 8.00 pm. Email to book: email@example.com
- Michael Naylor is teaching a class on Thursdays at the Base Dance Studios from 2.30 – 4.00 pm. Book via the Base app.
- Alexandre Novelli is offering a Beginners Commercial for Adults class every Tuesday at her Novelli Studios from 6.00 – 7.00 pm. .
- Lucy Jane Adcock is teaching a Show Tap class at Base Dance Studios on Wednesdays at 11.30 am.
- Poppy Tremlett is offering an Improvers Choreography class at Base Dance Studios on Tuesdays from 8.30 – 10.00 pm.
- Rachel Bolsworth is teaching an Absolute Beginners Heels class from 7.00 – 8.00 pm on Tuesdays and an Improvers Beginners Heels class on Monday from 8.30 – 9.30 pm at Pineapple Dance Studios.
- Kamila Zalewska is teaching at the Base Studios in London on Mondays from 4.00 – 5.25 pm for intermediate/advanced level. Book on the Base app.
Film & TV
- We spotted Zara Richards, Marian Fagbemi & Mira Jebars dancing with Tems in South Africa.
- We spotted Yasmin “Chi Chi” Ogbu in the latest M & S campaign for its activewear.
Pro Dancer News Published by the Dincwear Pro Dancewear Team.
View All The Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all in a weeks time!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.