All the latest news from Dincwear Pro Dancewear.
The Bodyguard performance disrupted.
The Bodyguard performance was disrupted by ‘mini-riot’, with police called to venue and The show was unable to finish.
The police were called following a “mini-riot” at the Palace Theatre, where a performance of The Bodyguard had to cancel before finishing.
According to social media reports and a police statement, an altercation between audience members broke out when some punters attempted to sing along during one of the show’s numbers and were asked to stop.
One of the show’s leads, Ayden Callaghan, said: ” Theatre pulled the show at the end tonight because of disgusting behaviour. We wanted to carry on but it had become a major incident. I’m really sorry to what was 99.9 per cent a brilliant audience that a few badly behaved individuals ruined it.”
Another cast member, Emily-Mae, said on social media yesterday: “What a shame that a few can spoil it for the many. Theatre is and should be an inclusive, safe, friendly environment to escape from the outside world.
“Please be respectful and mindful of the human beings on and behind stage delivering highly rehearsed, trained and professional performances.
“Of course there are many different mediums of entertainment; some which include audience participation and others that don’t. Creative people love what they do and want to entertain and finish their shows. Please please please, be respectful and empathetic. I wouldn’t go to a Michelin star restaurant and start chopping onions.”
Update: the Palace Theatre has issued a statement: “The performance of The Bodyguard at The Palace Theatre, Manchester was stopped at 9.40pm last night and not continued.
“We are disappointed that the last 10 minutes of the show needed to be cancelled due to disruptive customers refusing to stay seated and spoiling the performance for others.
“We are grateful to our venue teams for dealing with these difficult circumstances in a professional and calm way, and to Greater Manchester police for their assistance.
“Future performances will continue as planned and we ask that customers are considerate towards the cast, fellow audience members and theatre team so that everyone can enjoy the wonderful entertainment on stage.”
The Government’s national emergency alert test set to clash with Sunday matinee performances.
An emergency alarm test is set to clash with Sunday matinee performances later this month.
Mobile phones in the UK that are turned on will experience 10 seconds of sound and vibration at 3pm BST on 23 April in order to test a new alerts system. According to the government, the alert system can warn of extreme weather events, such as flash floods, or if there are terror incidents.
The sound and vibration will take place even if phones are muted, though those who have their phones switched off will not receive the message. The alerts can be turned off in advance, which has been flagged by organisations like Refuge for vulnerable people who have concealed devices at home.
According to the BBC, the test had originally been planned for the early evening but was moved to avoid clashing with an FA Cup semi-final, and also was set not to disrupt the London Marathon, which starts at 9:30am on that Sunday.
A number of West End shows have Sunday matinee performances scheduled for the 23rd, including 2:22 A Ghost Story, Frozen, Newsies, Tina – The Tina Turner Musical, The Lion King, Matilda the Musical and The Play That Goes Wrong.
HEATHERS THE MUSICAL – BLU-RAY & DVD RELEASE ANNOUNCED.
The smash-hit West End stage show Heathers the Musical, filmed live at its original London home – The Other Palace, will be released on Blu-ray & DVD it has been revealed.
The filmed performance will be available on Blu-ray & DVD from 5th June 2023.
UK exclusive special features include a Sing-Along Version (Blu-Ray exclusive), film poster, behind the scenes at The Other Palace and cast & crew extended interviews.
Based on the 1989 cult classic film starring Winona Ryder and Christian Slater, this rebellious, award-winning production follows Westerberg High student Veronica Sawyer, whose dreams of popularity finally start to come true when she’s taken under the wings of the three beautiful, yet impossibly cruel Heathers. But when mysterious new kid, teen rebel J.D arrives in town, Veronica realises that whilst it might kill to be a nobody, it’s murder being a somebody…
Wickedly funny, with dazzling book, music and lyrics by Tony Award-nominated, Legally Blonde composer, Laurence O’Keefe, and Emmy-winning Reefer Madness author Kevin Murphy, Heathers the Musical is directed by acclaimed screen and stage director Andy Fickman, with electrifying choreography by Thriller Live’s Gary Lloyd.
David and Victoria Beckham rumored to being considered for Strictly Come Dancing after salsa dabble.
David and Victoria Beckham seem to be being considered for an appearance on an international version of Strictly Come Dancing.
The couple are said to have caught the attention of TV producer Marcelo Tinelli, 63, after footage emerged of them taking part in a salsa dance class together recently. Victoria, 48, shared a video of herself and husband David, 47 – whom she has been married to since 1999 – dancing a routine together on Instagram just a few days ago.
The post prompted praise from her followers and it is said to have caught the attention of Marcelo, who is the host of the TV show Bailando por un Sueño in Argetina. The show is understood to be an international version of BBC ‘s Strictly and has previously featured the likes of Pamela Anderson and Mike Tyson as contestants.
Marcelo has announced that he hopes to sign-up David and Victoria for the next series of the dance competition, which is expected to be broadcast in Argentina later this year. Alongside footage of them at the dance class, he wrote: “I like David a lot. I was with him in Qatar when I went to the World Cup and I would love to invite him and his wife.”
The host and producer further commented about the couple: “I thought they danced very well together. I was pleasantly surprised. I definitely want them in Bailando.” The host – whose production company is said to be behind Bailando por un Sueño in his native Argentina – has hosted the dance competition show since it debuted in 2006.
General News & Sighting
- Theatre and arts organisations in Northern Ireland are bracing for 10% cuts in funding following advice from the region’s Arts Council. (The Stage)
- Resolution, the biggest annual showcase for new choreography in the UK, returns to The Place in London from the 18th of May until the 16th of June. This years event will bring together 57 artists and companies to perform new contemporary dance work.
- “Once on this Island” revival at Regent’s Park Open Air Festival announced its full cast and creative team. It will star Gabrielle Brooks. The choreographer is Kenrick Sandy with Niquelle LaTouche as associate choreographer.
- Zoe Birkett is set to return as Rachel in “The Bodyguard” at certain performances on the UK tour.
- “Standing at the Sky’s Edge” announced that it will transfer to the West End. It has choreography by Lynne Page.
- “We Will Rock You” announced its full West End cast, with writer Ben Elton set to make his stage debut. It will open on the 2nd of June for 12 weeks at the London Coliseum.
- The Manchester Palace has banned audiences from singing along with the performers after a performance of “The Bodyguard” had to be stopped due to audience participation.
- The Strictly pro’s have started rehearsing for the “Strictly Professionals” tour.
- Rylan is stepping away from hosting duties on “Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two”.
- The winners of the Pantomime Awards 2023 were announced at the Trafalgar theatre in London. Stillie Dee won the award for Best Choreography for her work on “Jack and the Beanstalk” at Bradford.
- Oti Mabuse will be hosting The Big Festival from the 25th to the 27th of August.
- Ariana DeBose will host the Tony Awards in America for the second consecutive year.
- The Gaiety Musical Theatre Festival at Ragley Hall in Warickshire has been cancelled with just two weeks notice.
- French choreographer Pierre Lacotte has died at the age of 91.
Future Dance Events News
- “The King And I” will return to the West End in early 2024 starring Helen George and Darren Lee.
- “Sister Act – The Musical” will return to the Dominion theatre in the West End on the 15th of March 2024. It will star Beverley Knight and Alexandra Burke. The choreography is by Alistair David.
- “Hadestown” is to open in the West End in 2024. The choreographer is David Neumann.
- A musical based on the songs produced by Stock, Aitken and Waterman called “I Should Be So Lucky” will open in Manchester on the 1st of November.
- A new musical based on the life and work of Frank Sinatra will open at the Birmingham Rep on the 23rd of September. The director and choreographer is Kathleen Marshall.
- The lead cast has been unveiled for “We Will Rock You” opening in the West End. It will star Lee Mead and Brenda Edwards.
- The upcoming “Wicked” tour has announced its lead casting. Laura Pick will play Elphaba. The show will open in Edinburgh on the 7th of December. The choreography is by Wayne Cilento.
- “Jesus Christ Superstar” will tour the UK in 2023/4 opening in Manchester this September. The choreography is by Drew McOnie.
- “The Wizard of Oz” will embark on a UK tour at Liverpool Empire on the 13th of December. The choreography is by Shay Barclay.
- The first headline acts have been announced for this years “Breakin Convention” at Sadlers Wells from the 28th of April until the 1st of May.
- “Come From Away” has confirmed plans for a new tour beginning in March 2024. The choreography is by Tara Wilkinson and Kirsty Malpas.
- Chantry Dance Company will be performing “Ghost Dances” on the 25th & 26th of April at the Guildhall Arts Centre.
- “Grease” will return to the Dominion Theatre in the West End from the 2nd of June. The choreography is by Arlene Phillips.
- The musical version of “Rebecca” will play at the Charing Cross theatre in London on the 4th of September.
Auditions & Vacancies
- Cathy Walker Company is looking for up to 8 dancers. The audition is on the 14th of May from 1.00 – 5.00pm, with the deadline for applications being the 24th of April. For more information, visit: www.cathywalker.com
- Coyote Ugly is holding open auditions on the 28th & 29th of April. See the website for more details.
- “Rouge” in Vegas is looking for male dancers. For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sonia Sabri is looking for Indian dancers for a touring production. For more information, contact: email@example.com
- PNP Events is holding auditions for a re-developed version of “The Polar Express Train Ride”. Contact the company for more details.
- Royal Caribbean is auditioning for its production of “Cats”. Visit www.royalcaribbeanproductions.com for audition details.
- Bird College is looking for a Musical Theatre tutor to work 3 days a week in September. Contact the College for further details.
- Thursford Christmas Spectacular is auditioning for dancers on the 19th & 20th of June at the Pineapple Dance Studios in London. To register your interest, go to: www.thursfordjobs.com
- The Boury Academy and Studios is looking for dance teachers in Vauxhall. For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Burn The Floor is looking for exceptional ballroom dancers. Contact: email@example.com
- Platinum Academy in North London is extending its list of guest teachers. To apply, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dance with Joanne Clifton on the 20th of May at the Assembly Hall in Worthing.
- Leonie Sian is offering a Contemporary class on the 2nd of July from 1.00 – 2.30pm at the Base Dance Studios in London.
- Royal Ballet stars Mica Bradbury and Sian Murphy are doing a Ballet Pros Masterclass at the Royal Opera House on the 14th of May from 11.00am – 3.00pm. For further details, contact: email@example.com
- Ryan-Lee Seager is teaching a class on the 23rd of April from 10.00am – 12.00pm at the Hub in London.
- Royal Ballet dancer, Mica Bradbury, will be teaching a ballet technique class followed by repertoire from Frederick Ashton’s “Cinderella” at the Royal Opera House on the 30th of April (Ages 7 – 10 from 11.00am – 1.15pm and Ages 11 – 16 from 2.00 – 5.00pm). For more information, contact Mica on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicolette Whitley is offering a dance class on Thursdays from 6.15 – 7.15pm at the Inner Space in Nelwyn for £7. Reserve your space on: email@example.com
- Strictly star Johannes Radebe is offering a Heels class at Heaven Nightclub in London on the 7th of June.
- Anita Mannings has a Contemporary Jazz Class (Int) on Wednesdays from 8.30 – 9.55pm at the Flow Dance Studios in Oval.
- Bethany Entwistle is teaching a class each Tuesday from 8.15 – 9.30pm at the Dance House in Leeds.
- Emma Levene is offering a General Ballet Core and Stretch Contemporary class at Forest Gate Community School on Thursdays from 7.00 – 8.00pm. Email to book: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Naylor is teaching a new class on Thursdays at the Base Dance Studios from 2.30 – 4.00pm. Book via the Base app.
- Alexandre Novelli is offering a Beginners Commercial for Adults class every Tuesday at her Novelli Studios from 6.00 – 7.00pm.
- Amy Ireland has a Commercial Tap class at Pineapple Dance Studios in London on Thursdays at 12.15pm and a Contemporary Jazz class at 1.15pm. On Fridays Amy teaches Beginners Tap at 10.15am.
- Nafisah Baba is teaching a weekly Lyrical Contemporary Intermediate / Advanced class at Danceworks in London every Tuesday from 8.00 – 9.30pm.
- Lucy Jane Adcock is teaching a Show Tap class at Base Dance Studios on Wednesdays at 11.30am.
- Poppy Tremlett is offering an Improvers Choreography class at Base Dance Studios on Tuesdays from 8.30 – 10.00pm.
- Rachel Bolsworth is teaching an Absolute Beginners Heels class from 7.00 – 8.00pm on Tuesdays and an Improvers Beginners Heels class on Monday from 8.30 – 9.30pm at Pineapple Dance Studios.
- Hannah Cleeve is giving a Heels Technique class on Wednesdays from 1.00 – 2.30pm each week at the Base Dance Studios.
- Jazz Dance Rewired will present a 2 day programme of jazz dance theatre at the Place in London on the 27th of May and the 3rd of June.
- Kamila Zalewska is teaching at the Base Studios in London on Mondays from 4.00 – 5.25pm for intermediate/advanced level. Book on the Base app.
Film And Video
- The full length trailer of “Barbie” has been released.
- The movie musical film adaptation of “The Color Purple” has changed its release date to Christmas Day.
- The film adaptation of Take That’s “Greatest Days” will open at cinemas on the 16th of June.
- A new film version of “Joseph and the amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat” is in the pipeline. It will be directed by Jon M Chu.
- We spotted Grace Upshall in the new Jesy Nelson music video.
- We spotted Hannah Veerapen, Grant Thresh & Katherine Isles on ITV’s “Saturday Night Takeaway”.
- We spotted Kate Thompson, Lashay Harvey & Brett Sewell on ITV’s “Starstruck”.
- We spotted Leah Dane performing with Aston Merrygold.
View All The Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.