All the latest news from Dincwear Dancewear.
Strictly Halloween horrors for James and Amy.
Strictly Come Dancing’s James Bye has become the fifth celebrity to be eliminated from the series after finding himself in the bottom two with Fleur East, appearing in her shock second dance-off.
The EastEnders actor and his partner Amy Dowden faced off against the Sax hitmaker in the dreaded dance-off in this week’s Halloween special, and performed his Charleston to Bumble Bee by LaVern Baker, while Fleur and Vito Coppola danced their Salsa to Beyonce’s Break My Soul. However, for the Martin Fowler star, it was to be his last dance as judges Craig Revel Horwood, Motsi Mabuse, Anton Du Beke and Shirley Ballas decided to save Fleur.
When asked by presenter Tess Daly about his time on the series, James seemed philosophical as he shared: ‘I’ve said this from the very beginning, all I can do is go out there and do my very best.’ When host Tess Daly mentioned James’ three sons and how he had made them proud though, the actor’s composure wobbled as he gave into tears, exclaiming: ‘Don’t tell me that Tess! Don’t say that.’ Amy was then asked if she had any words for her partner. ‘You came on here to show your boys they can throw themselves into any challenge in life,’ she began, with James interrupting: ‘What did I just say? Don’t bring the boys up!’ She added: ‘You are the best role model they could ever have as their daddy! I am so proud of you!’
Back to the Future: The Musical’ to play Broadway’s Winter Garden Theatre in 2023.
“Back to the Future: The Musical” will open on Broadway at the Winter Garden Theatre in 2023.
The musical, which originated in London’s West End, is based on the 1985 film of the same name, which starred Christopher Lloyd as Doc Brown and Michael J. Fox as Marty McFly. Previews are set to begin on June 30 with an official opening night scheduled for Aug. 3.
Roger Bart and Hugh Coles will be reprising their roles from the West End production as Doc Brown and George McFly, respectively. Casting for Marty McFly and the rest of the company will be announced in the coming months. Coles is appearing with the support of Actors’ Equity Association.
John Rando will direct the Broadway production that features music and lyrics by Glen Ballard and Alan Silvestri and a book by Bob Gale. Gale and Robert Zemeckis — who together wrote the film version that Zemeckis also directed — serve as co-creators and producers, alongside lead producer Colin Ingram.
“Back to the Future” is currently running at the Adelphi Theatre in London’s West End. The production opened in 2021 with Ingram as the lead producer. The musical won the 2022 Olivier Award for Best New Musical.
“After playing for two years in London and winning the Laurence Olivier Award for Best New Musical, we are thrilled to be bringing ‘Back to the Future: The Musical’ to Broadway where we see it as its natural home,” producer Ingram said. Marty, Doc and everyone in Hill Valley will be living on Broadway and 50th Street for hopefully many years to come and we look forward to entertaining and thrilling audiences with this moving and spectacular musical version of the much beloved film. I’m delighted to be bringing Tony Award winner Roger Bart back to Broadway and introduce Olivier Award nominee Hugh Coles as George McFly who have enthralled audiences in London.”
The Winter Garden Theatre is the current home of “The Music Man,” which is scheduled to conclude its Broadway run on Jan. 1, 2023.
Encanto Hollywood Bowl concert to be streamed on Disney Plus.
You can welcome the Family Madrigal into your homes this Christmas with special streamed concert titled Encanto at the Hollywood Bowl, featuring numbers from the upcoming major concert event.
The evening will star performers from the film including Stephanie Beatriz (as Mirabel), Adassa (as Dolores), Carolina Gaitán (as Pepa), Jessica Darrow (as Luisa), Diane Guerrero (as Isabela), Mauro Castillo (as Félix), Angie Cepeda (as Julieta) and Olga Merediz (as Abuela Alma) as well as special guests, including Carlos Vives and Andrés Cepeda. Composer Lin-Manuel Miranda will also provide a special introduction.
The live-to-film concert experience will feature an 80-person orchestra, 50 dancers and iconic numbers including “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” and “Surface Pressure”.
The concert will take place live on 11 and 12 November, with both performances filmed for a Disney Plus release from Wednesday 28 December.
Beatriz said: “Encanto has connected with people in so many important and wonderful ways, and playing Mirabel was an incredibly powerful and life-changing experience. I’m beyond thrilled to perform these beautiful songs live, along with my fellow Encanto cast, in one of the most iconic concert venues in the world.”
The much-loved film is being performed in concert and then streamed
Heathers the Musical to embark on new UK and Ireland tour.
Heathers will embark on a new tour in 2023, it has been revealed.
Laurence O’Keefe and Kevin Murphy’s musical is based on the iconic film of the same name, following a school girl, Veronica, who tries to fit in with the elitist clique of “Heathers”.
It previously ran at The Other Palace and in the West End in 2018 and 2021, and in 2019 picked up the Best New Musical Award at the WhatsOnStage Awards. The show is currently playing into 2023 back at The Other Palace in central London.
Directed by Andy Fickman, choreography and associate direction is by Gary Lloyd, design by David Shields, lighting by Ben Cracknell and sound by Dan Samson.
Casting and the full tour schedule are to be revealed, but as things stand the tour is set to open at Theatre Royal Windsor on 14 February, before the show visits New Victoria Woking (7 to 11 March), Theatre Royal Brighton (14 to 18 March), Theatre Royal Bath (21 to 25 March), Theatre Clwyd (28 March to 1 April), Regent Theatre in Stoke-on-Trent (11 to 15 April), Bord Gáis Energy Theatre Dublin (25 April to 6 May), York Opera House (9 to 13 May), Alexandra Birmingham (16 to 20 May), Waterside Theatre in Aylesbury (30 May to 3 June), Sunderland Empire Theatre (20 to 24 June), Kings Theatre in Glasgow (27 June to 1 July), Liverpool Empire (4 to 8 July) and Manchester Palace Theatre (8 to 12 August).
The SpongeBob Musical announces London season and tour dates.
The Tony-nominated show is UK-bound!
More details have been released for the UK premiere production of The SpongeBob Musical, which opens next spring.
A new version of the show, based on the much-loved Nickelodeon series of the same name (and its cohort of nautical characters), will run next year at venues across the nation.
Featuring SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, Eugene and Gary the Snail, the musical has original tunes by the likes of Cyndi Lauper, John Legend, Panic! At the Disco, Sara Bareilles, Steven Tyler and Joe Perry of Aerosmith, Plain White T’s and more. It is written by Kyle Jarrow and conceived by Tina Landau, and there are additional lyrics by Jonathan Coulton and additional music by Tom Kitt.
The new production of the hit musical will begin performances at the Mayflower Theatre, Southampton on Wednesday 5 April 2023 then visiting Birmingham (11 to 15 April), Bradford (18 to 22 April), Oxford (25 to 29 April), Dublin (9 to 13 May), Manchester (16 to 20 May), Belfast (30 May to 3 June), Cardiff (5 to 10 June), Blackpool (13 to 17 June), Peterborough (20 to 24 June), Wolverhampton (27 June to 1 July), Norwich (4 to 8 July), Leicester (11 to 15 July) and Aberdeen (18 to 22 July).
Over the summer, it will play for a five week season at the Southbank Centre’s Queen Elizabeth Hall from 26 July to 26 August, prior to visiting Plymouth (30 August to 2 September).
Casting and creative team for the show are still to be revealed.
General News & Sighting
- James and Amy were eliminated from Strictly this week. The pro dance was choreographed by Beth Honan. Matt Flint and Stephanie Powell Baxter assisted Johannes and Ellie with their routine and Jenny Thomas and Sean Moon choreographed the routines for Fleur and Vito and Amy and James.
- The 2023 Strictly Come Dancing – The Professionals UK tour has been announced. It will feature: Dianne, Vito, Carlos, Karen, Neil, Nikita, Gorka, Luba, Jowita and Nancy.
- Jose Martinez will be the new director of the Paris Opera Ballet.
- New casting has been revealed for the UK and International tour of “Bat Out Of Hell”. Glenn Anderson will star as Strat and Kellie Gnauck as Raven. The choreography has been adapted by Xena Gusthart. The tour begins in Swansea on the 6th of December.
- “Heathers” will embark on a new tour in 2023. It will open in Windsor on the 14th of February. The choreography is by Gary Lloyd.
- Strictly stars Nadiya and Kai have announced a tour called “Once Upon A Time”.
- Christopher Tendai will be choreographing “Scroogelicious” at the Peckham Theatre for Christmas.
- Pippa Holiday will be choreographing “Beauty And The Beast” at the Redditch Palace Theatre.
- Rubicon Dance and the Alexander Whitley Dance Company were among the winners of this years One Dance UK Awards.
- Jarnelia Richard-Noel is to appear as a guest in “Ghostlight” at the Union Theatre from the 27th of October until the 5th of November.
- Kander and Ebb’s “New York, New York” will open on Broadway on the 24th of March. It has choreography by Susan Stroman.
Future Dance Events News
- “Bonnie & Clyde” will return for a limited season at the Garrick Theatre from the 4th of March until the 20th of May 2023. It will be directed and choreographed by Nick Winston.
- A new production of “Hairspray” will take place at the Kilworth House Theatre in Leicestershire from the 27th of June until the 6th of August 2023.
- Broadway hit “MJ”, based on Michael Jackson’s 1992 “Dangerous” tour, will open at the Prince Edward Theatre in London in March 2024. It is being choreographed by Christopher Wheeldon.
- Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Cinderella” will open as “Bad Cinderella” at the Imperial Theatre on Broadway on the 17th of February 2023. The choreography is by JoAnn M Hunter.
- Anton Du Beke announced his tour for 2023.
- A “Hocus Pocus” musical is on its way to Broadway, according to David Kirschner, the producer of the film.
- Oti Mabuse has organised “London Dance Nights” at the Novotel in Hammersmith on the 11th – 13th of November with dance shows, workshops and a dinner and dance.
- “Greatest Days”, the official Take That musical, is to tour the UK next year.
- A new production of “Miss Saigon” will be presented at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield from the 8th of July 2023 until the 12th of August. It will star Joanna Ampil.
- The Broadway musical “Ain’t Too Proud” is to open at the Prince Edward theatre on the 31st of March next year replacing “Mary Poppins”. The Broadway show won a Tony award for Best Choreography by Sergio Trujilio.
- The cast and creatives of the Theatre du Chatelet’s production of “42nd Street” have been announced. It will be directed and choreographed by Stephen Mear and will open on the 7th of December.
- The “Ballet Icons Gala” will take place on the 19th of February 2023 at the London Coliseum. Graham Watts is the Artistic Advisor.
- Disney’s “Winnie The Pooh” will be coming to a UK theatre in Spring 2023.
- The Mill at Sonning has unveiled its 2022-23 season of shows including two musical revivals: “Top Hat” will star Jonny Labey with choreography from Ashley Nottingham and take place from the 16th of November until the 30th of December. “Gypsy” will play from the 24th of May until the 15th of July 2023. The casting and creatives for the latter show have yet to be announced.
- “Everybody’s Talking About Jamie” has confirmed new dates for its second UK tour which begins in September 2023. It will open at The Lowry in Salford on the 7th of September.
- Simon Lipkin and Georgina Castle will star in the West End revival of the musical “Elf” at the Dominion Theatre. The choreography is by Liam Steel. The show will open on the 14th of November.
- “Annie” will embark on a new tour in 2023, opening at the Curve Theatre in Leicester on the 25th of February before touring.
- “Back To The Future” has revealed plans to open on Broadway in 2023.
- Dolly Parton’s “Smokey Mountain Christmas Carol – A New Musical” will get a European premiere in December at the Southbank Centre in London. It will play from the 8th of December until the 8th of January 2023.
- Further touring dates were announced for the new production of “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – The Musical”. It will open at the Leeds Playhouse on the 18th of November.
- Casting was announced for the world premiere of “Mandela”, the new musical at The Young Vic theatre in London. It will star Michael Luwoye as Nelson Mandela and Danielle Fiamanya as Winnie Mandela. The show will run from the 29th of November until the 4th of February 2023. The choreography is by Gregory Maqoma.
- “The Bodyguard” will embark on a new UK tour at Glasgow on the 28th of January 2023.
- Disney’s musical “Newsies” will begin at the Troubadour Theatre Wembley Park on the 29th of November, with an official premiere on the 8th of December. Direction and choreography is by Matt Cole, with Jane McMurtrie as Associate Choreographer.
- A new production of “Shrek The Musical” announced a UK tour from July 2023. Nick Winston will be the choreographer.
- “Dirty Dancing” is to return to the Dominion Theatre on the 21st of January 2023. The choreography is by Austin Wilks.
- A new production of “From Here To Eternity” is coming to the Charing Cross Theatre from the 29th of October. Cressida Carre will be the choreographer.
- Rodgers & Hammerstein’s “Cinderella” will run at the Hope Mill Theatre from the 1st of November until the 11th of December. It will be directed by Joseph Houston and choreographed by William Whelton.
- “Jagged Little Pill” will transfer from Broadway to London in November.
- Strictly stars Graziano de Prima & Giadi Lini will be choreographing a brand new musical called “La Bamba” – based on the story of Richie Vallens.
Auditions & Vacancies
- Pontins are looking for dancers to become Bluecoats. There are open auditions in London on the 22nd of November, Birmingham on the 23rd of November and Manchester on the 24th of November. For more details contact: www.pontins.com/stage
- “The Royal Family” is holding company auditions on the 27th – 29th of January 2023. For further details, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Netherlands Choreography Competition is looking for emerging choreographers worldwide who are willing to present their work and compete with the chance of winning e1,500. The competition is in Haarlem in the Netherlands on the 9th of December. The deadline for applications is the 27th of November. For more information, contact: email@example.com
- “Resolution 2023” is The Place’s annual festival for new choreography. It will take place from the 18th of May until the 16th of June. Applications close on the 30th of November. For more information, contact Will or Joseph at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stuart Glover is looking for male dancers with excellent acro / fire and other circus skills available in December. Contact: email@example.com
- Taira Foo is looking for dancers of playing age 35+ for her new project. Rehearsals will be from the 7th until the 24th of November in London, with a performance on the 25th of November in Liverpool. The fee is £1,482 plus accommodation. For more information, contact Taira at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Pegasus Theatre is offering £1,000 to 3 dance artists to showcase their work in “Moving With The Times”, part of the 2023 Dancing Oxford Spring Dance Festival taking place on the 3rd and 4th of March 2023. For more information contact: www.pegasustheatre.org.uk
- Burn The Floor is looking for 10 dancers who specialise in Ballroom. Email: email@example.com
- Erica Mulkern is looking for a Ballet Teacher – cover in Leeds for the 14th of November and the 21st of November for Advanced Ballet Technique at Leeds University. Email Erica on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Las Vegas show “Rouge” is looking for male dancers who are eligible to work in America. For more details contact: email@example.com
- Performers College Birmingham are recruiting for a Principle Lecturer of Jazz and Tap. For further information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Three Rings Agency is looking for dancers for show contracts in Las Vegas. Contact: email@example.com
- The Place in London is looking for Professional Dance Teachers. Visit the website for further details and how to apply.
- BOR Productions are casting for several of their cruise ship contracts with MSC Cruises. For more details contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ola Papior is giving classes at the Base Studios in London on the 13th, 20th & 26th of November plus the 3rd of December for £15. To book email: email@example.com
- Malou Linders & Sergio Reis from the Netherlands are teaching at the Base Studios in London on the 7th & 8th of November for £12 per class. Book your spot via the Base app.
- Royal Ballet star Mica Bradbury is collaborating with physiotherapist (and ex-dancer) Aimee Higgs to offer a strength and conditioning workshop at the Royal Opera House on the 20th of November from 1.00 – 5.00pm. Contact Mica for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sir Matt Bourne’s New Adventures is offering a “Winter Adventure” from the 22nd to the 24th of November. The deadline for applications is the 28th of October. Apply at: new-adventures.net/opportunities
- Katie Mayfield is offering a Musical Theatre class on Fridays from 7.30 – 8.30pm at the Alexandra Studios in Brighton for £8. DM Katie on her Instagram to book.
- Elise Bulley is offering classes on Mondays from 6.00 – 7.00pm at the Coastguard Studios in Southsea. Book via: empowerwithelise.simplybookit/v2
- Chloe Miles is doing a Heels class every Monday from 7.15 – 8.15pm at Unit 6, Stumps Lane in Spalding for £5. Email: email@example.com
- Hannah Cleeve has a weekly Heels class at Base Dance Studios (the James Brown Studio) on Wednesdays from 1.00 – 2.30pm for £11.
- Flavia Cacace is offering a Beginners Couples Class at Blackawton Village Hall, Totnes, on Thursdays at 7.00pm. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amy Ireland has a weekly Tap class at the Base Studios on Thursdays at 2.00pm and Contemporary Jazz at 3.00pm.
- 3 Rings Talent offers a Commercial class with Beky Humphreys every Tuesday from 2.30 – 4.00pm at Base Dance studio in London.
- Nafisah Baba is teaching at Danceworks in London on Wednesdays from 5.30 – 7.00pm and on Tuesdays from 8.00 – 9.30pm.
- Lowri Jackson has a weekly Heels class at Base Studios on Saturdays from 4.00 – 5.30pm.
- Martina Gumbs is doing a Jazz Heels class on Wednesdays from 7.00 – 8.15pm for £7 at Studio 25, Manchester. For more details and to book, contact: email@example.com
- Holly Stubbings is giving a Contemporary Fusion class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Fridays from 6.00 – 7.00pm.
- Jared Hageman is offering a Jazz class on Mondays from 5.30 – 7.00pm for £9 at the Hub Studio in London.
- Shona Wilson has a Commercial class at Base Studios on Thursday from 8.30 – 9.55pm.
- Aileen Carroll-Turner is offering Adult Ballet classes at intermediate level on Mondays from 8.00 – 9.30pm at CTSD in Brighton. Students £8.50 and drop ins £9.50.
- Laura Morse is offering a class on Wednesdays at Base Studios, London, from 5.30 – 6.55pm. Book your space via the app.
- Haley Monaghan is teaching a Heels class on Wednesdays from 8.30 – 10.00pm at the Base Dance Studios in London for £12. Book your place via the app.
- Kim Collins is offering a Commercial class every Wednesday & Saturday from 1.00 – 2.25pm at the Base Dance Studios in London.
- Christopher Tendai is offering a Musical Theatre Jazz class at Pineapple Studios, London, on Tuesdays from 10.15 – 11.45am.
- Gareth Walker is teaching a Commercial Jazz dance class at the Pineapple Studios every Tuesday at 3.15pm.
- Ombracuradance have a weekly Hip Hop / Experimental dance class at The Base Studios on Mondays at 8.30 – 9.55pm
- Katie Deacon has an Advanced / Pro Ballet Class at the Pineapple Dance Studios on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 1.30pm.
- Christabelle Field is teaching a Latin Jazz class at the Base Dance Studio on Thursdays from 2.30 – 4.00pm for £9 in the Timberlake Studio. Christabelle also teaches at the Dance Attic on Thursday from 6.15 – 8.15pm.
- Louise Barton has a Commercial Dance class at the Pineapple Dance Studios every Friday from 1.45 – 3.15pm.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 5.00 – 6.00pm (Studio 2) & Wednesday from 7.45 – 8.45pm (Studio 1). There is also a Commercial Edge class at Base Studios on Thursday from 2.30 – 4.00pm (James Brown Studio).
Film And Video
- Strictly stars Giovanni and Anton have a new TV series coming in 2023 on BBC1 called “Adventures In Sicily”.
- We spotted Rose Wild, Robbie Kmetoni & Shanice Steele performing with Anastacia.
- We spotted Lowri Evans dancing on BBC1’s “SAS Rogue Heroes”.
- We spotted Anouska Chadha in CBBC’s “Nova Jones”.
- We spotted Claudia Rose in the latest Freeman’s advert with Janette Manrara.
- We spotted the following dancers in the Elton John / Britney Spears remix video for “Hold Me Closer”: Yara Rain, Lia Williams, Gemma Nicholas, Busola Peters, Anders Nielson, & Matthew Miller-Jones. The choregraphy was by Suzette Brisset.
- We spotted these dancers opening the new Battersea Power Station in London: Samara Tong, Maissie Wilson, Lina Guerin, Yasmin Tiragrant, Elle Taylor, & Harrison Dowzell. The choreography was by Lizzie Gough.
- We spotted Saffron Fisher in the new McDonald’s advert.
- We spotted Lydia Kitts on tour with the Gorillaz in Miami.
Dincwear Dancewear will keep watching the news and bring you further updates in the next edition.
View The Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.