All the latest news from Dincwear Pro Dancewear.
Alison Hammond ‘bags presenting gig for new BBC dance show.
Alison Hammond has reportedly signed up to host a new BBC dance programme.
The 47 year old This Morning presenter, is said to be the latest TV star swapping ITV for BBC following reports she has scooped a huge new TV show featuring zany amateur dancers competing against each other.
Alison is no stranger to the dance floor, as she has previously appeared on Strictly Come Dancing in 2014 with pro partner Aljaz Skorjanec.
The former Big Brother star has also judged on BBC’s I Can See Your Voice which was hosted by Paddy McGuinness.
Mamma Mia! The Party extends run at the O2 in London.
Mamma Mia! The Party has extended its run at the O2 in London due to popular demand.
Set at Nikos Taverna on the Greek island of Skopelos, where the film adaptation of the popular West End musical was captured, the theatrical dining experience combines a rom-com storyline with a four-course Greek meal and, of course, ABBA’s greatest hits, culminating with a 1970s-style disco.
The current cast includes Javier Rasero as Nikos, Scarlet Gabriel as Debbie, Luke Friend as Adam, Noah Sinigaglia as Konstantina, Rosie Rowlands and Allie Ho Chee alternating as Bella, Lorraine Chappell as Kate, Dawn Spence as Grandma, Tamara Perks as Nina and Oscar Balmaseda as Fernando. Completing the company are Claudia Bradley, Jamie Birkett, Ellis Dackombe, Caline Hampartzoumian, Robban Hogstrom, and Maison Kelley.
The musicians are John Donovan, Luke Higgins, Kathryn Tindall, Steve Rushton and Luke Roberts.
Only Fools and Horses to close in the West End with UK tour planned.
Only Fools and Horses the Musical has announced plans to close in the West End.
Based on John Sullivan’s much-loved sitcom, the show is written by Jim Sullivan alongside star Paul Whitehouse, who plays the role of Grandpa in the show.
The show will close on Saturday 29 April after four years in the West End – with over 1000 performances, making it the longest-running production in the venue’s history.
Paul Whitehouse said: “It’s been an unbelievable four years for the whole cast of the Only Fools musical. We’ve consistently played to packed houses and received standing ovations night after night – the audiences have been incredible.
“I’m committed to six months filming from May onwards, so it felt the right time to say ‘Bonjour’ to Del and the gang… for now. But we are planning a UK tour – more details to be announced later this year – and we hope to bring the show back into the West End at some point in the future. But for now, there are just three months to get a ticket to see us at the Theatre Royal. Bonnet de douche!”
Coco stage musical announced.
A stage version of seminal musical Coco is coming.
The news was revealed at EPCOT as part of the “Disney on Broadway Concert Series”, featuring a series of musical stars tackling classic numbers from the House of Mouse canon.
Mandy Gonzalez (Aida) and L Steven Taylor (The Lion King) unveiled the exciting news, which will mark the first Pixar project to be given the full stage treatment.
The 2017 movie Coco follows a music-obsessed young boy, Miguel, who tries to find his ancestors in the Land of the Dead. It features the much-loved Disney classic tune “Remember Me”, composed by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez (who also worked on a little known film called Frozen). “Remember Me” went on to win the Oscar for Best Original Song, with the film also winning Best Animated Feature.
Dincwear Pro Dance News will keep you updated with Venues, dates, cast and creatives are to be unveiled in due course.
National Lottery’s Big Night Of Musicals to return.
The National Lottery’s arena spectacular Big Night of Musicals will be back next month!
Celebrating all things stagey, the event will see performances from hit productions that are visiting venues across the nation.
Slated to appear in the event will be We Will Rock You the Musical, Wicked, the RSC’s Matilda The Musical, Disney’s Newsies, Shrek the Musical UK and Ireland tour, SIX the Musical, Ain’t Too Proud – The Life and Times of The Temptations, The Bodyguard The Musical and Rodgers and Hammerstein’s The King and I.
There will also be a special appearance by Michael Ball, giving a rendition from the upcoming revival of Aspects of Love. The full line-up will be announced at a later date.
Jason Manford will host the evening, saying: “Moments like this come in waves: every four or five years, someone from a TV channel goes to see a stage show and thinks ‘blimey, we should put those guys on the telly!’ Like it’s some sort of surprise…What’s important to realise is that theatre is for everyone.
“The musicals featured in the Big Night aren’t just the big West End productions, it’s also touring shows, productions that have originated outside of London and absolutely smashed it. While yes, there are some premium ticket prices these days, producers across the nation are also setting prices at £13 and £15 to allow people to see shows.”
Manford also expressed hopes that the event might become a regular fixture: “It’d be lovely thing to do – after stepping down from the Oliviers after five years it’s so lovely to be involved in the musical world and associated with so many talented people.”
The Big Night of Musicals will take place on 27 February at Manchester’s AO Arena, with a free ticket launch kicking off on a first-come and first-serve basis.
Diversity dance studio in Leigh-on-Sea to postpone official opening due to ‘unforseen circumstances’.
Diversity’s highly anticipated Essex dance studio is facing delays to its official opening due to “unforeseen circumstances”. Diversity Studio, in Kings Road, Leigh-on-Sea, has been built inside a beautiful former church. Inside, the building has been given a modern makeover, whilst still maintaining the original features of the church. There are a number of dance studios including a huge main dance space with a very tall ceiling, arches, a wall of mirrors and beautiful stained glass windows.
The studio, which is being run by group member Ashley Banjo, was set to open before the end of January, however, Diversity has now said the venue is not yet ready for classes, meaning they will be holding them at another temporary venue close by. In an update to its members on Wednesday (January 25), Diversity said they had been inundated with requests from people to join.
The dance troupe said classes will still be run as planned at a temporary venue until the studio is ready
General News & Sighting
- The Royal Opera House has ended its partnership with BP, the oil company.
- The full cast was announced for the “Annie Get Your Gun” concert at the London Palladium on the 7th of April. It will star Rachel Tucker and Julian Ovenden.
- Casting was unveiled for the UK premiere of “The Spongebob Musical”. The tour will open in Southampton on the 5th of April. The choreography is by Fabian Aloise.
- “Bonnie and Clyde” announced the full cast for its return to the Garrick Theatre in the West End on the 4th of March. It will again star Frances Mayli McCann and Jordan Luke Gage, plus Jodie Steele. The show is directed by Nick Winston with Annie Guy as resident director and choreographer.
- Complete casting was announced for the world premiere of new musical “Killing the Cat”. It will star Madalena Alberto and Tim Rogers. Movement is by Lucie Pankhurst. The show will open at the Riverside Studios in London on the 17th of March.
- Initial casting has been revealed for “Next To Normal” at the Donmar Warehouse in London. It will star Caissie Levy and Trevor Dion. Movement is by Ann Yee.
- “Back To The Future” in the West End has extended its run until October 2023. Cory English will take over from Roger Bart on the 20th of March. The choreography is by Chris Bailey.
- “Mamma Mia! The Party” has extended its run at the O2 in London through to the 3rd of September 2023. The choreography is by Stacey Haynes and Roine Soderlundh.
- Stop Press – Broadway World has just announced its awards for the West End 2022. The big winner is “Moulin Rouge” with Zoe Birkett winning Best Supporting Performer and Sonya Tayeh winning Best Choreography of a new production.
Future Dance Events News
- Chantry Dance Company will be performing “Ghost Dances” on the 25th & 26th of April at the Guildhall Arts Centre.
- The Scottish Ballet will be performing “Coppelia” at Sadlers Wells in London from the 2nd to the 5th of March.
- “Bat Out Of Hell” will play at the Peacock Theatre in London from the 17th of February until the 1st of April. It will then tour the UK, opening in Cornwall on the 25th of September. The choreography has been adapted by Xena Gusthart.
- “Grease” will return to the Dominion Theatre in the West End from the 2nd of June. The choreography is by Arlene Phillips.
- The musical version of “Rebecca” will play at the Charing Cross theatre in London on the 4th of September.
- Cheryl Cole has been cast for “2.22 A Ghost Story” in the West End.
Auditions & Vacancies
- Christabelle Field’s Classified Entertainment Agency is holding an audition on the 12th of February by invitation only. For more details, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Benjamin Armstrong is looking for 8 performers for the 3rd installment of “Represent Asian”. The performance is on the 20th of February. For more details, contact: email@example.com
- Skin London have agency auditions on the 16th & 17th of February. For more details contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is the 10th of February.
- Dancewest Festival (formerly the Ignition Dance Festival) is offering established dance artists £5,000 to create a new work for the festival. It is also offering emerging dance artists £1,750 to create a new work for the community dance platforms. Have a look at the website for further details.
- Butlins is looking for male dancers who are technically trained in a variety of dance styles for its 2023 production shows. Visit the website for further details.
- House of Pyramid is auditioning for dancers in Central London on the 6th of February. For more details, contact: email@example.com
- Propel Dance, a new professional wheelchair dance company in Birmingham, is recruiting a performer who identifies as disabled to join its new 2023 theatre production. For more information, email: info@firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dane Bates has opened applications for his 5 day “Inspiro” contemporary dance programme in Liverpool. For more information, contact Dane on: email@example.com
- Platinum Academy in North London is extending its list of guest teachers. To apply, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leonie Sian is doing a creative Contemporary Fusion class at “Move It” on the 12th of March at 10.30am.
- Erica Mulkern is hosting an Easter Dance Workshop on the 12th of April from 10.00am – 1.00pm at the Abinitio School of Dance in Brighouse. To book your place, email Erica on: email@example.com
- Sophie Allnatt from The Royal Ballet is offering a 1 day workshop in Southend on the 26th of February at Thorpe Hall School. Email Sophie for more information and to book on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jordi Guitart is doing a dance class on Saturday the 11th of March at 3.30pm at “Move It”.
- Li Li Hodge is offering a 5 1/2 hour dance workshop over 2 days on the 11th (from 3.00 – 6.00pm) & 12th (from 3.00 – 5.30pm) of February in Essex. Book via the link in Li Li’s Instagram bio.
- Lauren Woollard is doing a pop up dance class on the 10th of February at the Marina Studios in Brighton from 8.00 – 9.30pm. DM Lauren on her Instagram to book.
- Oti Mabuse is doing a 6 week Dance Fitness class at her London Studios each Saturday from the 28th of January to the 4th of March from 10.00am – 11.00am. To book, contact: email@example.com
- Daniela Fabbricatore will be doing an evening of Jazz and Lyrical classes on the 3rd of March at the Dance Factory. The Juniors will be from 5.30 – 6.30pm and the Intermediate / Seniors from 6.45 – 8.45pm. Contact: www.danielafabbricattore.com
- Rae Piper is doing a Contemporary class for the East Midlands Dance Network on the 6th of February in Nottingham. You can book at: shorturl.at/suCoi
- Nafisah Baba is teaching a weekly Lyrical Contemporary Intermediate / Advanced class at Danceworks in London every Tuesday from 8.00 – 9.30pm.
- Renako McDonald is teaching a Contemporary Jazz class on Fridays from 6.00 – 7.00pm at Pineapple Studios.
- Lucy Jane Adcock is teaching a Show Tap class at Base Dance Studios on Wednesdays at 11.30am.
- Poppy Tremlett is offering an Improvers Choreography class at Base Dance Studios on Tuesdays from 8.30 – 10.00pm.
- Amy Ireland is teaching a Commercial Tap class at 12.15pm on Thursdays and a Contemporary Jazz class at 1.15pm on Fridays at the Pineapple Dance Studios.
- Rachel Bolsworth is teaching an Absolute Beginners Heels class from 7.00 – 8.00pm on Tuesdays and an Improvers Beginners Heels class on Monday from 8.30 – 9.30pm at Pineapple Dance Studios.
- Hannah Cleeve is giving a Heels Technique class on Wednesdays from 1.00 – 2.30pm each week at the Base Dance Studios.
- Jazz Dance Rewired will present a 2 day programme of jazz dance theatre at the Place in London on the 27th of May and the 3rd of June.
- Steffie Croxson is doing a class at “Move It” on the 12th from 12.45 – 13.30 pm.
- Kamila Zalewska is teaching at the Base Studios in London on Mondays from 4.00 – 5.25pm for intermediate/advanced level. Book on the Base app.
Film And Video
- Disney announced that a stage version of the musical “Coco” is coming. It is the first Pixar movie to be given the full stage treatment.
- The National Lottery’s “Big Night Of Musicals” will be shown by the BBC. The show takes place on the 27th of February in Manchester.
View The Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.