All the latest news from Dincwear Dancewear.
Strictly Come Dancing 2022 week 10 results: a popular contestant leaves the ballroom.
Strictly Come Dancing 2022 week 10 results: a popular contestant leaves the ballroom.
Ellie Taylor has been a fan favourite, along with partner Johannes Rabebe, but lost out to Fleur East in the dance-off.
Ellie Taylor has become the ninth contestant to leave Strictly Come Dancing. Ellie and her partner Johannes had performed a Jive to ‘Brown Eyed Girl’ by Van Morrison and scored an underwhelming 25 points. The couple faced off against Fleur East and partner Vito Coppola, who’s Rumba won the judges over with every judge voting to save them and eliminate Ellie Taylor.
42nd Street announces 2023 tour dates.
The “Lullaby of Broadway” will be on its way across UK cities!
Tour dates have been revealed for the brand-new staging of seminal musical 42nd Street. The iconic show, with tunes such as “We’re In The Money” and “Lullaby Of Broadway”, tells the tale of an aspiring performer, Peggy Sawyer, who looks to make her dreams a reality. A past revival was seen recently in the West End at Theatre Royal Drury Lane.
Directed by Jonathan Church (The Drifters Girl) the show has choreography and design by Bill Deamer and Rob Jones respectively. Casting and full creative team will be announced in due course.
42nd Street has music by Harry Warren, lyrics by Al Dubin, and book by Michael Stewart and Mark Bramble, and is based on the novel by Bradford Ropes.
The show will open at Curve in Leicester on Wednesday 17 May 2023, before heading south for a season at Sadler’s Wells from Wednesday 7 June 2023 to 2 July.
After this, it will visit Canterbury (13 July to 22 July), Leeds (25 to 29 July), Bristol (31 July to 5 August), Plymouth (7 to 12 August), Cardiff (14 to 19 August), Glasgow (21 to 26 August), Milton Keynes (28 August to 2 September), Liverpool (4 to 9 September), Manchester (25 to 30 September), Southampton (3 to 7 October), Newcastle (10 to 14 October), Woking (16 to 21 October) and Belfast (24 to 28 October).
Rishi Sunak’s Daughter Performs Kuchipudi At Dance Festival In London .
Anoushka Sunak, the daughter of UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak performed Kuchipudi along with many children in London on Friday. The nine-year-old’s performance was part of ‘Rang’- International Kuchipudi Dance Festival 2022, the largest inclusive inter-generational festival of this dance form in the UK.
Close to 100 artists between the age group of 4-85 years, including live musicians, elderly contemporary dance artists ( 65+ years performing group), a wheelchair dancer with learning disabilities, international bursary students from Natarang Group, Poland were part of the event.
Anoushka’s mother Akshata Murty, the daughter of Infosys co-founder Narayana Murthy, attended the dance event, along with Rishi Sunak’s parents.
Qatar World Cup causes Strictly shows to be moved for next two weeks.
The forthcoming episodes of Strictly Come Dancing are to have a big shake-up due to the Qatar World Cup.
Normally, the popular BBC programme is aired on a Saturday night, with the results show shown the following evening. However, because the BBC will be showing World Cup matches during those days, both the quarter and semi-finals of Strictly have been moved. The former – which is a musicals special – will be shown at 8pm on Friday night on BBC One (December 2), with the results show at 5.40pm the following evening (December 3). A last-16 World Cup knock-out game between the winner of Group C and the runner-up of Group D will then be broadcast at 6.20pm.
The BBC states that the musicals special will open with a dance extravaganza performed by the show’s professional dancers alongside West End legends Marisha Wallace, Ivano Turco and Trevor Dion Nicholas. The remaining couples will then take to the ballroom floor with more incredible routines inspired by the world of musical theatre.
Meanwhile, the semi-finals will be shown at 7.15pm on Sunday, December 11 due to the BBC showing a World Cup quarter-final match.
The Strictly results will then be shown on Monday, December 12 at 8.15pm, with It Takes Two being shown immediately afterwards on BBC Two at 9pm.
Irene Cara, ‘Fame’ and ‘Flashdance’ Singer, Dies at 63.
Actress and singer Irene Cara, an Oscar and Grammy winner best known for the theme songs of “Fame” and “Flashdance” in the early ’80s, has died, her publicist said. She was 63. “Please share your thoughts and memories of Irene,” Judith Moose said in a tweet announcing the singer’s death. “I’ll be reading each and every one of them and know she’ll be smiling from Heaven. She adored her fans. “She was a beautifully gifted soul whose legacy will live forever through her music and films.”
Cara died in her Florida home. The cause of death is unknown, according to Moose’s statement.
As a youth, Cara appeared on TV’s “Electric Company” before acting as a teen in the movies “Aaron Loves Angela” and “Sparkle.”
Her breakthrough came as Coco Hernandez in the 1980 musical “Fame,” about New York’s High School for the Performing Arts. She had a hit record with that movie’s title song, and another with the ballad “Out Here on My Own.” She was nominated for a Golden Globe and two Grammys that year.
Three years later, Cara co-wrote the lyrics for “Flashdance… What a Feeling,” another radio smash for which she received an Oscar for Best Original Song and a Grammy for Best Pop Vocal Performance, Female.
She had a few other hits, including “Why Me” and “Breakdance.” She also acted in movies such as “City Heat” with Burt Reynolds and Clint Eastwood, “D.C. Cab” with Mr. T and “Certain Fury” with Tatum O’Neal.
General News & Sighting
- Producers are paying performers at, or just above, union minimums – with Equity members taking home on average a “little above” £700 a week gross, the Union has claimed. (The Stage)
- Ellie and Johannes were eliminated from Strictly this weekend. The Pro dance was choreographed by Lizzie Gough and Tommy Franzen. Jowita and Hamza were assisted by choreographers Maria Tsiatsiani and Leandro Palou, while Jenny Thomas and Sean Moon choreographed the “Rock Style” Charleston for Will and Nancy.
- Adam Garcia has teamed up with Irish dance group “Emerald Storm” as a co-writer and co-choreographer.
- The producers of “Sylvia” announced the full cast and creative team. It will run from the 27th of January 2023 until the 1st of April 2023. The choreography is by Kate Prince.
- The new musical “Berlusconi” will premiere at the Southwalk Playhouse Elephant on the 25th of March 2023. The choreography is by Rebecca Howell.
- Anoushka Lucas and Arthur Darvill are to reprise their roles in “Oklahoma” when the show transfers to the West End’s Wyndham’s Theatre on the 16th of February 2023. The choreography is by John Heginbotham.
- Casting has been revealed for the London return of the “Rocky Horror Show”. Ore Oduba will reprise the role of Brad with Haley Flaherty as Janet. The show will run at the Peacock Theatre from the 3rd of May 2023 until the 10th of June 2023.
- Tour dates have been revealed for “42nd Street”. It will open in Leicester on the 17th of May 2023. The choreography is by Bill Deamer.
Future Dance Events News
- Diversity announced their “Supernova” tour will take place throughout 2023 -4.
- Drew McOnie is developing a stage version of the film “The Artist”. It is hoped that the production will be ready to open in late 2023.
- Broadway musical “Head Over Heels” is to have a UK premiere on the 26th of January 2023 at the Hope Mill Theatre in Manchester. It will be directed and choreographed by Tom Jackson Greaves.
- Emma Thompson revealed that her “Nanny McPhee” musical is scheduled to open in the West End in 2023.
- The Leeds Playhouse has unveiled its schedule for 2023, including a Roy Orbison musical.
- A new musical production of Cole Porter’s “Roman Holiday” will open at the Theatre Royal in Bath on the 10th of June 2023.
- “Winnie The Pooh” will start previews at London’s Riverside Studios from the 17th of March 2023. It will then tour the UK and Ireland. The role of Winnie will be played by Jake Bazel.
- “Bonnie & Clyde” will return for a limited season at the Garrick Theatre from the 4th of March until the 20th of May 2023. It will be directed and choreographed by Nick Winston.
- A new production of “Hairspray” will take place at the Kilworth House Theatre in Leicestershire from the 27th of June until the 6th of August 2023.
- Broadway hit “MJ”, based on Michael Jackson’s 1992 “Dangerous” tour, will open at the Prince Edward Theatre in London in March 2024. It is being choreographed by Christopher Wheeldon.
- Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Cinderella” will open as “Bad Cinderella” at the Imperial Theatre on Broadway on the 17th of February 2023. The choreography is by JoAnn M Hunter.
- Anton Du Beke announced his tour for 2023.
- A “Hocus Pocus” musical is on its way to Broadway, according to David Kirschner, the producer of the film.
- “Greatest Days”, the official Take That musical, is to tour the UK next year.
- A new production of “Miss Saigon” will be presented at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield from the 8th of July 2023 until the 12th of August. It will star Joanna Ampil.
- The Broadway musical “Ain’t Too Proud” is to open at the Prince Edward theatre on the 31st of March next year replacing “Mary Poppins”. The Broadway show won a Tony award for Best Choreography by Sergio Trujilio.
- The cast and creatives of the Theatre du Chatelet’s production of “42nd Street” have been announced. It will be directed and choreographed by Stephen Mear and will open on the 7th of December.
- The “Ballet Icons Gala” will take place on the 19th of February 2023 at the London Coliseum. Graham Watts is the Artistic Advisor.
- The Mill at Sonning has unveiled its 2022-23 season of shows including two musical revivals: “Top Hat” will star Jonny Labey with choreography from Ashley Nottingham and take place from the 16th of November until the 30th of December. “Gypsy” will play from the 24th of May until the 15th of July 2023. The casting and creatives for the latter show have yet to be announced.
- “Everybody’s Talking About Jamie” has confirmed new dates for its second UK tour which begins in September 2023. It will open at The Lowry in Salford on the 7th of September.
- Simon Lipkin and Georgina Castle will star in the West End revival of the musical “Elf” at the Dominion Theatre. The choreography is by Liam Steel. The show will open on the 14th of November.
- “Annie” will embark on a new tour in 2023, opening at the Curve Theatre in Leicester on the 25th of February before touring.
- “Back To The Future” has revealed plans to open on Broadway in 2023.
- Dolly Parton’s “Smokey Mountain Christmas Carol – A New Musical” will get a European premiere in December at the Southbank Centre in London. It will play from the 8th of December until the 8th of January 2023.
- Further touring dates were announced for the new production of “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – The Musical”. It will open at the Leeds Playhouse on the 18th of November.
- Casting was announced for the world premiere of “Mandela”, the new musical at The Young Vic theatre in London. It will star Michael Luwoye as Nelson Mandela and Danielle Fiamanya as Winnie Mandela. The show will run from the 29th of November until the 4th of February 2023. The choreography is by Gregory Maqoma.
- “The Bodyguard” will embark on a new UK tour at Glasgow on the 28th of January 2023.
- Disney’s musical “Newsies” will begin at the Troubadour Theatre Wembley Park on the 29th of November, with an official premiere on the 8th of December. Direction and choreography is by Matt Cole, with Jane McMurtrie as Associate Choreographer.
- A new production of “Shrek The Musical” announced a UK tour from July 2023. Nick Winston will be the choreographer.
- “Dirty Dancing” is to return to the Dominion Theatre on the 21st of January 2023. The choreography is by Austin Wilks..
- Rodgers & Hammerstein’s “Cinderella” will run at the Hope Mill Theatre from the 1st of November until the 11th of December. It will be directed by Joseph Houston and choreographed by William Whelton.
- “Jagged Little Pill” will transfer from Broadway to London in November.
- Strictly stars Graziano de Prima & Giadi Lini will be choreographing a brand new musical called “La Bamba” – based on the story of Richie Vallens.
Auditions & Vacancies
- Lila Dance is auditioning for 4 dancers to join its production of “Everywhere All At Once” in London. The deadline to apply is the 5th of December. For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mountview London is looking for a Senior Dance Tutor to join the performance team.
- “The Royal Family” is holding company auditions on the 27th – 29th of January 2023. For further details, contact: email@example.com
- “Resolution 2023” is The Place’s annual festival for new choreography. It will take place from the 18th of May until the 16th of June. Applications close on the 30th of November. For more information, contact Will or Joseph at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Pegasus Theatre is offering £1,000 to 3 dance artists to showcase their work in “Moving With The Times”, part of the 2023 Dancing Oxford Spring Dance Festival taking place on the 3rd and 4th of March 2023. For more information contact: www.pegasustheatre.org.uk
- Burn The Floor is looking for 10 dancers who specialise in Ballroom. Email: email@example.com
- The Las Vegas show “Rouge” is looking for male dancers who are eligible to work in America. For more details contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Performers College Birmingham are recruiting for a Principle Lecturer of Jazz and Tap. For further information, contact: email@example.com
- Three Rings Agency is looking for dancers for show contracts in Las Vegas. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Place in London is looking for Professional Dance Teachers. Visit the website for further details and how to apply.
- BOR Productions are casting for several of their cruise ship contracts with MSC Cruises. For more details contact: email@example.com
- Jordi Guitart is teaching at “Move It” on the 11th of March at 3.30pm.
- Daniela Fabbricatore is teaching an Advanced Lyrical class at “Move It” on the Friday from 10.15 – 11.00 am and an Advanced Fusion class on the Saturday at 12.30 pm.
- Rae Piper is teaching a Contemporary Ballet class at “Move It” for Chantry Dance Company on the Saturday at 12.45pm.
- Sammy Ceriani will be teaching a Hip Hop class at “Move It” on the 10th of March from 12.15 – 1.00pm.
- Kimberly Wyatt is doing “A Showcase For Christmas” on the 9th of December at 6.00pm at Addlestone Community Centre for £12.
- Sir Matt Bourne’s New Adventures company is offering 2 x 3 hour classes for pro dancers – one contemporary and one ballet. Each class is £30. They are at the Trinity Laban on the 4th and the 5th of January at 10.00am. Follow the “Opportunities” button in the New Adventures bio on Instagram to register.
- Natalie Twist has a pop up Commercial Latin dance class at Pineapple Studios on the 20th of December and the 5th & 10th of January 2023.
- Sir Matt Bourne’s New Adventures is offering a “Sleeping Beauty” masterclass for professional dancers and those in training on the 10th of December. The class includes a ticket to see “Sleeping Beauty” at Sadlers Wells the same evening.
- AYAW is offering a Christmas Intensive workshop in Liverpool on the 22nd of December with teachers, Nicolette Whitley, Josh Wharmby & George Cartwright for £25. Book on the AYAW page on Instagram.
- Emily Shepherd has a Dance Fit & Stretch class at Pineapple Studios in London every Wednesday from 7.00 – 8.00pm.
- Ola Papior is giving classes at the Base Studios in London on the 3rd of December for £15. To book email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Katie Mayfield is offering a Musical Theatre class on Fridays from 7.30 – 8.30pm at the Alexandra Studios in Brighton for £8. DM Katie on her Instagram to book.
- Elise Bulley is offering classes on Mondays from 6.00 – 7.00pm at the Coastguard Studios in Southsea. Book via: empowerwithelise.simplybookit/v2
- Chloe Miles is doing a Heels class every Monday from 7.15 – 8.15pm at Unit 6, Stumps Lane in Spalding for £5. Email: email@example.com
- Hannah Cleeve has a weekly Heels class at Base Dance Studios (the James Brown Studio) on Wednesdays from 1.00 – 2.30pm for £11.
- Flavia Cacace is offering a Beginners Couples Class at Blackawton Village Hall, Totnes, on Thursdays at 7.00pm. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amy Ireland has a weekly Tap class at the Base Studios on Thursdays at 2.00pm and Contemporary Jazz at 3.00pm.
- 3 Rings Talent offers a Commercial class with Beky Humphreys every Tuesday from 2.30 – 4.00pm at Base Dance studio in London.
- Nafisah Baba is teaching at Danceworks in London on Wednesdays from 5.30 – 7.00pm and on Tuesdays from 8.00 – 9.30pm.
- Lowri Jackson has a weekly Heels class at Base Studios on Saturdays from 4.00 – 5.30pm.
- Martina Gumbs is doing a Jazz Heels class on Wednesdays from 7.00 – 8.15pm for £7 at Studio 25, Manchester. For more details and to book, contact: email@example.com
- Holly Stubbings is giving a Contemporary Fusion class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Fridays from 6.00 – 7.00pm.
- Jared Hageman is offering a Jazz class on Mondays from 5.30 – 7.00pm for £9 at the Hub Studio in London.
- Shona Wilson has a Commercial class at Base Studios on Thursday from 8.30 – 9.55pm.
- Aileen Carroll-Turner is offering Adult Ballet classes at intermediate level on Mondays from 8.00 – 9.30pm at CTSD in Brighton. Students £8.50 and drop ins £9.50.
- Laura Morse is offering a class on Wednesdays at Base Studios, London, from 5.30 – 6.55pm. Book your space via the app.
- Haley Monaghan is teaching a Heels class on Wednesdays from 8.30 – 10.00pm at the Base Dance Studios in London for £12. Book your place via the app.
- Kim Collins is offering a Commercial class every Wednesday & Saturday from 1.00 – 2.25pm at the Base Dance Studios in London.
- Christopher Tendai is offering a Musical Theatre Jazz class at Pineapple Studios, London, on Tuesdays from 10.15 – 11.45am.
- Gareth Walker is teaching a Commercial Jazz dance class at the Pineapple Studios every Tuesday at 3.15pm.
- Ombracuradance have a weekly Hip Hop / Experimental dance class at The Base Studios on Mondays at 8.30 – 9.55pm
- Katie Deacon has an Advanced / Pro Ballet Class at the Pineapple Dance Studios on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 1.30pm.
- Christabelle Field is teaching a Latin Jazz class at the Base Dance Studio on Thursdays from 2.30 – 4.00pm for £9 in the Timberlake Studio. Christabelle also teaches at the Dance Attic on Thursday from 6.15 – 8.15pm.
- Louise Barton has a Commercial Dance class at the Pineapple Dance Studios every Friday from 1.45 – 3.15pm.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 5.00 – 6.00pm (Studio 2) & Wednesday from 7.45 – 8.45pm (Studio 1). There is also a Commercial Edge class at Base Studios on Thursday from 2.30 – 4.00pm (James Brown Studio).
Film And Video
- The big event of the week was the opening of the new film “Matilda”. We spotted the following pro dancers: Jo Dyce, Stephanie Powell Baxter, James Cousins, Myron Birch, Kelechi Nwanokwu, Jaih Betote, Amy Thornton, Gemma Fuller, Josie Pocock, Kayla Lomas-Kirton, Atalia Mai, Jess Khan Lee, Charlotte Bazeley, Yasmin Harrison, Kelly Chow & Gaby Hernandez.
- We spotted Kamarah Cornwall dancing at the FIFA Men’s World Cup.
- We spotted Lily Field, Sophie Ferrero and Bayley Darling cheerleading with the London Lions.
- We spotted Pfion Vince dancing at “The Gay Times” Honour Awards with the Shapeshifters.
- We spotted Ellie Wolfenden, Ellie Wickett & Sophie Stone working with Winter Variety in Germany.
- We spotted Yasmin Ogbu on the new posters for Primark.
Dincwear Dancewear will keep watching the news and bring you further updates in the next edition.
View The Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.