All the latest news from Dincwear Dancewear.
Strictly At Blackpool 2022.
Tyler West became the eighth contestant to leave Strictly Come Dancing.
Tyler West has become the eighth star to be eliminated from Strictly Come Dancing after a tough dance off. This week the stars performed in the infamous Blackpool Ballroom and the radio DJ and his dance partner Dianne Buswell went head to head with Molly Rainford and Carlos Gu in the dance off.
The pair performed the Salsa to a KC & The Sunshine Band Megamix once more in a bid to stay in the competition and Molly and Carlos danced their Jive to Bandstand Boogie by Barry Manilow.
Then the judges had to give their decision and decide who would stay in the competition. Craig Revel Horwood, Motsi Mabuse, Anton Du Beke and Head Judge, Shirley Ballas, were all asked to give their verdict.
Craig gave his decision first and whilst he did praise Tyler on his performance, he chose to save Molly and Carlos. He said: “Wow, both couples danced so much better, they really did. Tyler, incredible hips, this time round, amazing. Molly, lighter, brighter, much more precise. I am finding this really difficult for the first time this season, but I would like to save Molly and Carlos.”
Motsi also saved Molly and Carlos as she praised their technique. She said: “Yes both couples were better in this performance, I’ve based my decision because of technique styles and presentation and I am going to save Molly and Carlos.” It was then up to Anton du Beke to give his verdict.
However, following such a close dance off, Anton decided to save Tyler and Dianne. He said: “This is a testament to how incredible all the couples are, at this point of the competition.
“We have a situation here, where neither of these couples in competition deserve to be here, whereas they could have easily made the final. For me, brilliant performance by both the couples, but one of them was more dynamic, the couple I would like to save is Tyler and Dianne.”
Announcing her decision, Shirley added: “Well, I agree with my fellow judges, this is probably one of the most difficult dance off’s that we’ve ever had to choose. Both couples were outstanding, both improved their performances but I am going to go with what I believe in, and that is a quality of movement and precision in partnering, and I am going to go with Molly and Carlos.”
BBC Strictly Come Dancing star set to be replaced after emotional farewell.
Len Goodman announced he will stand down as a judge on the US show.
BBC Strictly Come Dancing judge Shirley Ballas is being lined up to replace Len Goodman on Dancing With The Stars in the United States, according to reports. Len announced this week he will stand down as a judge on the US show.
“Len’s exit leaves a big hole in the panel, but the show team feel Shirley would be a really great addition,” a source told the Sun newspaper. “Her experience is unrivalled and she has made no secret of the fact she’d love to spend more time with her son Mark, who is based in the US with wife Brittany.
“She could hold both her Strictly job and a new role on Dancing with the Stars – as Len did for years.” Her spokesman said: “She loves Strictly and working with the BBC, and has no intention of leaving.”
Wicked UK and Ireland tour to run from 2023 to 2025.
It’ll be defying gravity and touring to ten venues from late next year
Multi-award-winning musical Wicked will embark on a brand-new tour from late 2023 through to 2025.
The show, which is also currently running in the West End, will play at ten cities, beginning with Edinburgh in December 2023. A full list of dates is available below.
Wicked’s UK and Ireland executive producer Michael McCabe said today: “We’re delighted to be embarking on this third tour of the UK and Ireland and taking Wicked back to ten incredible theatres in England, Scotland, Wales and the Republic of Ireland where sold-out audiences previously greeted us so ecstatically. “We’re excited to have this opportunity to share once again the spectacle, magic and emotion that has created unforgettable memories for audiences everywhere.” Casting for the tour is to be revealed.
Based on the hit novel Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire, Wicked tells the story of two unlikely university friends in the land of Oz, one destined to become Glinda The Good and the other, the Wicked Witch of the West. The musical features a score by Stephen Schwartz and a book by Winnie Holzman, with direction by Joe Mantello and choreography by Wayne Cilento.
The new tour, featuring a cast and crew of over 82 people (as well as 20 employed in each city) will coincide with the filming and production of the two-part Wicked movie, with the big-screen versions of the show set to premiere in 2024 and 2025.
2023 will also mark the 20th anniversary of the original Broadway production, while the show is currently in its 17th year in the West End, where it has been seen by 11 million people.
- Tour dates are as follows:
- Edinburgh Playhouse – 7 December 2023 to 14 January 2024 (public sale from 8 December 2022)
- Bristol Hippodrome – 23 January 2024 to 25 February 2024 (public sale from 30 January 2023)
- Birmingham Hippodrome – 5 March 2024 to 7 April 2024 (on sale in spring 2023)
- Bradford Alhambra – 16 April 2024 to 19 May 2024 (on sale 30 January 2023)
- Southampton Mayflower – 23 May 2024 to 16 June 2024 (on sale 30 January)
- Liverpool Empire – 20 June 2024 to 14 July 2024 (on sale 8 June 2023)
- Dublin Bord Gais Theatre – 23 July 2024 to 15 September 2024 (on sale in 2023)
- Sunderland Empire – 24 September 2024 to 20 October 2024 (on sale 8 June 2023)
- Cardiff Millenium Centre – 24 October to 23 November (on sale 3 February 2023)
- Manchester Palace Theatre – 3 December 2024 to 12 January 2025 (on sale 8 June 2023)
Six Set to Play Season in Las Vegas Next Year.
Six, the hit musical, has announced a seven-week limited engagement at the Venetian Resort Las Vegas, beginning performances on 21 March 2023.
Based on the true story of King Henry VIII and his six wives, Six takes one of the most notorious chapters of British history and turns it into a girl group concert. The score features songs like “Ex-Wives,” “No Way,” and “Don’t Lose Ur Head.”
The cast recording is one of the most-streamed musical theatre albums ever, and there are productions playing across the globe.
The Las Vegas engagement will feature cast members from the “Aragon” North American tour company: Khaila Wilcoxon as Catherine of Aragon, Storm Lever as Anne Boleyn, Jasmine Forsberg as Jane Seymour, Olivia Donalson as Anna of Cleves, Didi Romero as Katherine Howard, and Gabriela Carrillo as Catherine Parr. The cast also includes Kelsee Kimmel, Erin Ramirez, Cassie Silva, and Kelly Denice Taylor.
Six is co-directed by Lucy Moss and Jamie Armitage and features choreography by Carrie-Anne Ingrouille. The design team includes Emma Bailey (scenic design), Tony Award winner Gabriella Slade (costume design), Tim Deiling (lighting design), and Paul Gatehouse (sound design). The score features orchestrations by Tom Curran with music supervision and vocal arrangements by Joe Beighton and US music supervision by Roberta Duchak.
Six is currently running at the Lena Horne Theatre on Broadway, at the Vaudeville Theatre in London’s West End, and on a UK tour. Two additional companies are touring across North America.
Marlow and Moss said: It’s so cool that Six is going to Las-literal-Vegas?!?? We’re sooooo very excited for the run at the incredible and iconic Palazzo Theatre. We feel like Six is the perfect uproarious and uplifting start to any big Vegas night out!!!”
The show was recently nominated for Grammy Award, and won two Tony Awards earlier this year.
Cinderella the Musical.
Glass slippers are so in…
Rodgers + Hammerstein’s Cinderella the Musical comes to Hope Mill Theatre!
This is the European theatrical premiere of the 2013 Broadway musical.
The smart and beautiful young Ella lives in the care of her wicked, self-absorbed stepmother Madame and her two stepsisters Charlotte and Gabrielle. In another part of the kingdom, Prince Topher is trying to find himself and learn his place in the world. When his scheming advisor Sebastian suggests throwing a ball so the Prince can meet potential brides, Ella and Topher’s different worlds come together. Expect the unexpected in this clever retelling of the beloved fairy tale.
Click Here to Book Tickets
General News & Sighting
- Dianne and Tyler were eliminated from Strictly at Blackpool. Fleur and Vito received the first perfect score of 40 in this series. The pro dance was choreographed by Jason Gilkison and Katherine Isles. We spotted Lolly Campbell, Austyn Farrell, Jake Leigh & Robbie Kmetoni guesting with the pro dancers.
- Ashley Wallen won the World Choreography Award for Commercials for his work with Wren Kitchens.
- Paul Roberts is organising “Dance With Dani” to celebrate the life of Danielle Hampson and raise money for her son. There will be classes with 7 choreographers who had worked with Dani. The event will take place at the Dance Attic Studio in London on the 4th of December. For more information, look at the link in Paul’s bio on Instagram.
- The winners of the Deja Vu Dance Awards were announced. Olu Alatise won the award for Female Studio Choreographer of the Year, Caine won the award for Young Dancer while Kloe Dean won Choreographer of the Year.
- The Marks & Spencer Christmas advert was launched. The choreography was by Adrian Gas and Kieran D-W.
- “Mrs Doubtfire” has confirmed its run in the West End. It will begin previews at the Shaftsbury Theatre on the 12th of May 2023. The choreography is by Lorin Latarro.
- West End bound musical “SuperYou” announced the full workshop cast for the 7th and 8th of December. It will star Vicki Manser, Will Bozier & Ebony Molina. The choreography is by JoAnn M Hunter.
- “Wicked” will embark on a brand new tour from late 2023 through to 2025 – beginning in Edinburgh in December 2023. The choreography is by Wayne Cilento.
- The new Lido Paris has cast the following dancers in its production of “Cabaret”: Rhys Battern, Anya Ferdinand, Hannah Yun Chamberlain & Natalie May Thomas.
- The London Palladium has cast the following dancers for its production of “Jack and the Beanstalk” this Christmas: Belle Izzy Green, Demmileigh Foster, Lauren Stroud, Megan Louch & Sally Jayne Hind.
- Hannah Dale has just opened in the leading role of “Snow White” at the Victoria Hall Bolton.
- Bob Fosse’s “Dancin” will begin previews at the Music Box on Broadway on the 2nd of March 2023, with opening night on the 19th of March. It will be directed by Wayne Cilento.
Future Dance Events News
- Drew McOnie is developing a stage version of the film “The Artist”. It is hoped that the production will be ready to open in late 2023.
- Broadway musical “Head Over Heels” is to have a UK premiere on the 26th of January 2023 at the Hope Mill Theatre in Manchester. It will be directed and choreographed by Tom Jackson Greaves.
- Emma Thompson revealed that her “Nanny McPhee” musical is scheduled to open in the West End in 2023.
- The Leeds Playhouse has unveiled its schedule for 2023, including a Roy Orbison musical.
- A new musical production of Cole Porter’s “Roman Holiday” will open at the Theatre Royal in Bath on the 10th of June 2023.
- “Winnie The Pooh” will start previews at London’s Riverside Studios from the 17th of March 2023. It will then tour the UK and Ireland. The role of Winnie will be played by Jake Bazel.
- “Bonnie & Clyde” will return for a limited season at the Garrick Theatre from the 4th of March until the 20th of May 2023. It will be directed and choreographed by Nick Winston.
- A new production of “Hairspray” will take place at the Kilworth House Theatre in Leicestershire from the 27th of June until the 6th of August 2023.
- Broadway hit “MJ”, based on Michael Jackson’s 1992 “Dangerous” tour, will open at the Prince Edward Theatre in London in March 2024. It is being choreographed by Christopher Wheeldon.
- Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Cinderella” will open as “Bad Cinderella” at the Imperial Theatre on Broadway on the 17th of February 2023. The choreography is by JoAnn M Hunter.
- Anton Du Beke announced his tour for 2023.
- A “Hocus Pocus” musical is on its way to Broadway, according to David Kirschner, the producer of the film.
- “Greatest Days”, the official Take That musical, is to tour the UK next year.
- A new production of “Miss Saigon” will be presented at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield from the 8th of July 2023 until the 12th of August. It will star Joanna Ampil.
- The Broadway musical “Ain’t Too Proud” is to open at the Prince Edward theatre on the 31st of March next year replacing “Mary Poppins”. The Broadway show won a Tony award for Best Choreography by Sergio Trujilio.
- The cast and creatives of the Theatre du Chatelet’s production of “42nd Street” have been announced. It will be directed and choreographed by Stephen Mear and will open on the 7th of December.
- The “Ballet Icons Gala” will take place on the 19th of February 2023 at the London Coliseum. Graham Watts is the Artistic Advisor.
- The Mill at Sonning has unveiled its 2022-23 season of shows including two musical revivals: “Top Hat” will star Jonny Labey with choreography from Ashley Nottingham and take place from the 16th of November until the 30th of December. “Gypsy” will play from the 24th of May until the 15th of July 2023. The casting and creatives for the latter show have yet to be announced.
- “Everybody’s Talking About Jamie” has confirmed new dates for its second UK tour which begins in September 2023. It will open at The Lowry in Salford on the 7th of September.
- Simon Lipkin and Georgina Castle will star in the West End revival of the musical “Elf” at the Dominion Theatre. The choreography is by Liam Steel. The show will open on the 14th of November.
- “Annie” will embark on a new tour in 2023, opening at the Curve Theatre in Leicester on the 25th of February before touring.
- “Back To The Future” has revealed plans to open on Broadway in 2023.
- Dolly Parton’s “Smokey Mountain Christmas Carol – A New Musical” will get a European premiere in December at the Southbank Centre in London. It will play from the 8th of December until the 8th of January 2023.
- Further touring dates were announced for the new production of “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – The Musical”. It will open at the Leeds Playhouse on the 18th of November.
- Casting was announced for the world premiere of “Mandela”, the new musical at The Young Vic theatre in London. It will star Michael Luwoye as Nelson Mandela and Danielle Fiamanya as Winnie Mandela. The show will run from the 29th of November until the 4th of February 2023. The choreography is by Gregory Maqoma.
- “The Bodyguard” will embark on a new UK tour at Glasgow on the 28th of January 2023.
- Disney’s musical “Newsies” will begin at the Troubadour Theatre Wembley Park on the 29th of November, with an official premiere on the 8th of December. Direction and choreography is by Matt Cole, with Jane McMurtrie as Associate Choreographer.
- A new production of “Shrek The Musical” announced a UK tour from July 2023. Nick Winston will be the choreographer.
- “Dirty Dancing” is to return to the Dominion Theatre on the 21st of January 2023. The choreography is by Austin Wilks..
- Rodgers & Hammerstein’s “Cinderella” will run at the Hope Mill Theatre from the 1st of November until the 11th of December. It will be directed by Joseph Houston and choreographed by William Whelton.
- “Jagged Little Pill” will transfer from Broadway to London in November.
- Strictly stars Graziano de Prima & Giadi Lini will be choreographing a brand new musical called “La Bamba” – based on the story of Richie Vallens.
Auditions & Vacancies
- Jay Revell is auditioning for 30 dancers for an International TV ceremony taking place in January 2023. The audition is on the 23rd of November. Contact Jay for further details on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lila Dance is auditioning for 4 dancers to join its production of “Everywhere All At Once” in London. The deadline to apply is the 5th of December. For more information, contact: email@example.com
- Akademi is looking for a choreographer working with South African dance forms for its production of “Pravaas”. There is a fixed fee of £3,000 plus a day rate and expenses for performance days. The deadline to apply is the 23rd of November. For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The English National Ballet is looking for dancers for its corps de ballet in “Cinderella”. The deadline to apply is the 27th of November. The audition is in London on the 11th of February 2023. For more information, contact: www.ballet.org.uk
- Phoenix Dance Company is holding auditions for contemporary dancers to join the company in Leeds on the 28th of November. The deadline for applications is the 14th of November. For more information, contact: phoenixdancetheatre.co.uk
- Mountview London is looking for a Senior Dance Tutor to join the performance team.
- “The Royal Family” is holding company auditions on the 27th – 29th of January 2023. For further details, contact: email@example.com
- The Netherlands Choreography Competition is looking for emerging choreographers worldwide who are willing to present their work and compete with the chance of winning e1,500. The competition is in Haarlem in the Netherlands on the 9th of December. The deadline for applications is the 27th of November. For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Resolution 2023” is The Place’s annual festival for new choreography. It will take place from the 18th of May until the 16th of June. Applications close on the 30th of November. For more information, contact Will or Joseph at: email@example.com
- Stuart Glover is looking for male dancers with excellent acro / fire and other circus skills available in December. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Pegasus Theatre is offering £1,000 to 3 dance artists to showcase their work in “Moving With The Times”, part of the 2023 Dancing Oxford Spring Dance Festival taking place on the 3rd and 4th of March 2023. For more information contact: www.pegasustheatre.org.uk
- Burn The Floor is looking for 10 dancers who specialise in Ballroom. Email: email@example.com
- The Las Vegas show “Rouge” is looking for male dancers who are eligible to work in America. For more details contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Performers College Birmingham are recruiting for a Principle Lecturer of Jazz and Tap. For further information, contact: email@example.com
- Three Rings Agency is looking for dancers for show contracts in Las Vegas. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Place in London is looking for Professional Dance Teachers. Visit the website for further details and how to apply.
- BOR Productions are casting for several of their cruise ship contracts with MSC Cruises. For more details contact: email@example.com
- Natalie Twist has a pop up Commercial Latin dance class at Pineapple Studios on the 20th of December and the 5th & 10th of January 2023.
- Sir Matt Bourne’s New Adventures is offering a “Sleeping Beauty” masterclass for professional dancers and those in training on the 10th of December. The class includes a ticket to see “Sleeping Beauty” at Sadlers Wells the same evening.
- AYAW is offering a Christmas Intensive workshop in Liverpool on the 22nd of December with teachers, Nicolette Whitley, Josh Wharmby & George Cartwright for £25. Book on the AYAW page on Instagram.
- Emily Shepherd has a Dance Fit & Stretch class at Pineapple Studios in London every Wednesday from 7.00 – 8.00pm.
- Ola Papior is giving classes at the Base Studios in London on the 26th of November plus the 3rd of December for £15. To book email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Katie Mayfield is offering a Musical Theatre class on Fridays from 7.30 – 8.30pm at the Alexandra Studios in Brighton for £8. DM Katie on her Instagram to book.
- Elise Bulley is offering classes on Mondays from 6.00 – 7.00pm at the Coastguard Studios in Southsea. Book via: empowerwithelise.simplybookit/v2
- Chloe Miles is doing a Heels class every Monday from 7.15 – 8.15pm at Unit 6, Stumps Lane in Spalding for £5. Email: email@example.com
- Hannah Cleeve has a weekly Heels class at Base Dance Studios (the James Brown Studio) on Wednesdays from 1.00 – 2.30pm for £11.
- Flavia Cacace is offering a Beginners Couples Class at Blackawton Village Hall, Totnes, on Thursdays at 7.00pm. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amy Ireland has a weekly Tap class at the Base Studios on Thursdays at 2.00pm and Contemporary Jazz at 3.00pm.
- 3 Rings Talent offers a Commercial class with Beky Humphreys every Tuesday from 2.30 – 4.00pm at Base Dance studio in London.
- Nafisah Baba is teaching at Danceworks in London on Wednesdays from 5.30 – 7.00pm and on Tuesdays from 8.00 – 9.30pm.
- Lowri Jackson has a weekly Heels class at Base Studios on Saturdays from 4.00 – 5.30pm.
- Martina Gumbs is doing a Jazz Heels class on Wednesdays from 7.00 – 8.15pm for £7 at Studio 25, Manchester. For more details and to book, contact: email@example.com
- Holly Stubbings is giving a Contemporary Fusion class at Pineapple Dance Studios on Fridays from 6.00 – 7.00pm.
- Jared Hageman is offering a Jazz class on Mondays from 5.30 – 7.00pm for £9 at the Hub Studio in London.
- Shona Wilson has a Commercial class at Base Studios on Thursday from 8.30 – 9.55pm.
- Aileen Carroll-Turner is offering Adult Ballet classes at intermediate level on Mondays from 8.00 – 9.30pm at CTSD in Brighton. Students £8.50 and drop ins £9.50.
- Laura Morse is offering a class on Wednesdays at Base Studios, London, from 5.30 – 6.55pm. Book your space via the app.
- Haley Monaghan is teaching a Heels class on Wednesdays from 8.30 – 10.00pm at the Base Dance Studios in London for £12. Book your place via the app.
- Kim Collins is offering a Commercial class every Wednesday & Saturday from 1.00 – 2.25pm at the Base Dance Studios in London.
- Christopher Tendai is offering a Musical Theatre Jazz class at Pineapple Studios, London, on Tuesdays from 10.15 – 11.45am.
- Gareth Walker is teaching a Commercial Jazz dance class at the Pineapple Studios every Tuesday at 3.15pm.
- Ombracuradance have a weekly Hip Hop / Experimental dance class at The Base Studios on Mondays at 8.30 – 9.55pm
- Katie Deacon has an Advanced / Pro Ballet Class at the Pineapple Dance Studios on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 1.30pm.
- Christabelle Field is teaching a Latin Jazz class at the Base Dance Studio on Thursdays from 2.30 – 4.00pm for £9 in the Timberlake Studio. Christabelle also teaches at the Dance Attic on Thursday from 6.15 – 8.15pm.
- Louise Barton has a Commercial Dance class at the Pineapple Dance Studios every Friday from 1.45 – 3.15pm.
- Lil J is offering a number of “sassy commercial fusion” dance classes at Pineapple Studios. Check the website for details.
- Christina Andrea has classes at Pineapple Studios on Tuesday from 5.00 – 6.00pm (Studio 2) & Wednesday from 7.45 – 8.45pm (Studio 1). There is also a Commercial Edge class at Base Studios on Thursday from 2.30 – 4.00pm (James Brown Studio).
Film And Video
- Netflix is launching its first ever dance competition show called “Dance Monsters” on the 16th of December. It wil star Ashley Roberts, Ashley Banjo & Neyo.
- Stephen Schwartz has confirmed that the second “Wicked” movie will include 2 new songs.
- We spotted a lot of great dancers in the new Disney movie “Disenchanted”: Ashley Shaw, Chrissy Brooke, Jade Copas, Lily Wang, Honey Joseph, Sam Salter, Shauna Finn, Nicole Bondzie, Ella Redhead, Leah O’ Connor, Liam Mower, Renako McDonald & Natalie Woods.
- We spotted the following dancers performing at the MTV European Music Awards: Molly McGibbon, Nicola Benatar, Oliver Andrews, Oluwatosin, Pfion Vince, Ryan Nelson, Sam Constanti, Shivawn Joubert, Sophia Turner, Summer Villiers, Theo Simpson, Tom Freyerson & Victoria Mudima. The contract was with AMCK.
- We spotted Chrissy Brooke, Luke Field Wright, Crystal Hantig, Grace Durkin, Hannah Veerapen & Stephanie Powell Baxter dancing on the BBC1 “Festival Of Remembrance”. The choreography was by Matt Flint. It was great to see Crystal and Luke getting some practice in for their wedding the following weekend.
- We spotted Corina Wursh dancing in “The Crown” on Netflix.
- We spotted Johanna Johnson on BBC NI’s “Hope Street”.
- We spotted Liv Ashman in Channel 4’s “Somewhere Boy”.
- We spotted Chrissy Brooke, Hannah Veerapen & Josie Pocock on ITV’s “Palooza”. The choreography was by Stephanie Powell Baxter.
Dincwear Dancewear will keep watching the news and bring you further updates in the next edition.
View The Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.