All the latest news from Dincwear Pro Dancewear.
Strictly’s Janette Manrara and Aljaz Skorjanec announce baby news.
Strictly Come Dancing stars Janette Manrara and Aljaz Skorjanec have announced they are expecting their first child together.
The married couple said they discovered Manrara, 39, was pregnant in early December just as they were about to start IVF treatment, and the baby is due in late summer.
Hamilton to embark on first UK tour.
The Pulitzer-winning musical about the founding fathers of the USA continues to be a box office smash in the West End, where it is currently booking until March 2024 – and will remain playing while the tour progresses.
One of the show’s producers Cameron Mackintosh said today “Lin-Manuel Miranda’s Hamilton is indisputably the most brilliant, ground-breaking, contemporary musical of modern times. I feel extraordinarily fortunate that Lin and my friend Jeffrey Seller, the show’s original producer, have entrusted me with their wonderful musical in the UK and Ireland.
“The London production opened in 2017 at the Victoria Palace, a theatre I completely rebuilt to house Hamilton, where it continues to play and has proved to be as big a success as the Broadway original. So, I am thrilled that it is time to put together a second British national touring company to bring this great show to our leading cities.
“Opening first in Manchester, followed by Edinburgh – not far from where the real story of Alexander Hamilton began in Ayrshire, where his father was born in the 1700’s, before he moved to Nevis in the West Indies. Tomorrow we start casting for a brilliant new company. We look forward to welcoming audiences to “the room where it happens”.
Opening at the Manchester Palace Theatre on Saturday 11 November 2023 for a 15-week season until Saturday 24 February 2024, Hamilton will then have a run at the Festival Theatre, Edinburgh from Wednesday 28 February to Saturday 27 April 2024. Further venues will be revealed soon, with casting for the UK tour currently underway.
London Theatre Week returns.
London Theatre Week has officially been launched and now, in its fifth year, the campaign boasts over 70 participating shows with ticket prices from £15.
To celebrate the launch a plethora of West End stars gathered inside the Theatre Royal Drury Lane for a photo opportunity, representing such productions as Back to the Future, Heathers, Matilda, Jersey Boys, Dirty Dancing, & Juliet, The Mousetrap, Oklahoma!, My Son’s a Queer, The Choir of Man, The Play that Goes Wrong and Disney’s Frozen and The Lion King.
Heathers and My Son’s a Queer producer Paul Taylor-Mills commented: “Participating in London Theatre Week has been a true benefit to producers and theatre-goers alike. It has been so powerful to see it grow and successfully generate a broader cultural moment that drives excitement around the city’s phenomenal live performances.”
Michelle Visage to feature in How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying revival in London.
Michelle Visage will feature as the voice of ‘The Book’ in the new production of the musical, running 12 May – 17 June at Southwark Playhouse.
Featuring a score from Frank Loesser with a book by Abe Burrows, Jack Weinstock, and Willie Gilbert, the musical first premiered on Broadway in 1961 where it picked up numerous awards including the Tony for Best Musical.
Georgie Rankcom will direct the production which has choreography by Alexzandra Sarmiento, musical direction by Natalie Pound, set and costume design by Sophia Pardon, lighting by Lucía Sánchez Roldán, sound by Jake Johnson, orchestrations by Stuart Morley and casting by Peter Noden.
Further casting is to be announced.
Diversity are hitting the road in 2023 for their new Supernova tour.
Britain’s most-successful dance group Diversity will take their new show on a 66-date tour taking place across 40 towns and cities throughout 2023 and 2024.
Supernova follows Diversity’s sold-out Connected tour, which combined playful, comedic routines with powerful statements on human connectivity. Big, relentless, and energetic, the tour dazzled fans across the UK.
General News & Sighting
- Ambassador Theatre Group and Jujamcyn Theatres have agreed to combine their operations.
- Chichester Festival unveiled its new season which will begin in April.
- “Rock Follies” will open in Chichester’s Minerva theatre from the 14th of July until the 26th of August. It will star Zizi Strallen and Carly Bawden. The choreography is by Carrie-Anne Ingrouille.
- The musical “Assassins” will be revived for the Chichester Festival from the 3rd until the 24th of June. It will star Amy Booth-Steel and be choreographed by Neil Bettles.
- “The Sound of Music” will play at the Chichester Festival from the 10th of July until the 3rd of September. It will star Gina Beck and be choreographed by Lizzie Gee.
- The Vault Festival will lose its home from 2024.
- The new West End cast for “Les Miserables” has been revealed. From the 27th of March, it will star Lucie Jones, Josh Piterman and Stuart Clarke.
- Complete casting has been revealed for the upcoming revival of “Gypsy”, which will play at the Mill at Sonning from the 24th of May until the 15th of July. The choreography is by Alex Christian.
- Deja Vu’s “Breakout” will take place in London on the 28th of May.
- Choreographer Wayne McGregor has been appointed President of Elmhurst Ballet.
- Stop Press – “Hamilton” is going to tour the UK, opening at the Manchester Palace theatre on the 11th of November for a 15 week season. Casting is currently underway. The choreography is by Andy Blankenbuehler.
Future Dance Events News
- “Jesus Christ Superstar” will tour the UK in 2023/4 opening in Manchester this September. The choreography is by Drew McOnie.
- “The Wizard of Oz” will embark on a UK tour at Liverpool Empire on the 13th of December. The choreography is by Shay Barclay.
- The UDO British Dance Festival will take place in Blackpool from the 17th – 19th of March.
- The first headline acts have been announced for this years “Breakin Convention” at Sadlers Wells from the 28th of April until the 1st of May.
- “Come From Away” has confirmed plans for a new tour beginning in March 2024. The choreography is by Tara Wilkinson and Kirsty Malpas.
- Christopher Tendai is producing and choreographing “Wonderland In Alice” which will premiere at the Peckham Theatre in London on the 6th of April.
- Chantry Dance Company will be performing “Ghost Dances” on the 25th & 26th of April at the Guildhall Arts Centre.
- The Scottish Ballet will be performing “Coppelia” at Sadlers Wells in London from the 2nd to the 5th of March.
- “Bat Out Of Hell” will play at the Peacock Theatre in London from the 17th of February until the 1st of April. It will then tour the UK, opening in Cornwall on the 25th of September. The choreography has been adapted by Xena Gusthart.
- “Grease” will return to the Dominion Theatre in the West End from the 2nd of June. The choreography is by Arlene Phillips.
- The musical version of “Rebecca” will play at the Charing Cross theatre in London on the 4th of September.
- Cheryl Cole has been cast for “2.22 A Ghost Story” in the West End.
Auditions & Vacancies
- Ballet Black is auditioning for dancers on the 16th of March in London. The audition is by invitation only. The closing date for applications is the 1st of March. For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Burn The Floor is looking for exceptional ballroom dancers. Contact: email@example.com
- New Creations Collective is looking for 2 male and 3 female dancers to join the company for the upcoming Summer tour of “Nightingale” – from the 26th of June until the 20th of August. The deadline for applications is the 24th of February. The audition is in London on the 13th of March and is by invitation only. For more details, look at the company website: newcreationscollective.com
- One Dance UK is sponsoring the Emerging Jazz Artist Platform – offering 4 emerging UK jazz choreographers a chance to showcase their work at “Up Close and Personal”. The winners receive a performance fee. The deadline to apply is the 28th of February. See the website for further details.
- Dancewest Festival (formerly the Ignition Dance Festival) is offering established dance artists £5,000 to create a new work for the festival. It is also offering emerging dance artists £1,750 to create a new work for the community dance platforms. Have a look at the website for further details.
- Butlins is looking for male dancers who are technically trained in a variety of dance styles for its 2023 production shows. Visit the website for further details.
- Propel Dance, a new professional wheelchair dance company in Birmingham, is recruiting a performer who identifies as disabled to join its new 2023 theatre production. For more information, email: info@firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dane Bates has opened applications for his 5 day “Inspiro” contemporary dance programme in Liverpool. For more information, contact Dane on: email@example.com
- Platinum Academy in North London is extending its list of guest teachers. To apply, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mica Bradbury is teaching a Royal Ballet Technique class on the 26th of March at the Royal Opera House from 2.30 – 5.30pm. For more information, contact Mica on: email@example.com
- Sophie Sullivan is doing a Heels workshop on the 5th of March from 1.00 – 2.30pm at Studio 68 in London.
- Chanelle Anthony is giving a Beginners Heels class on the 27th of February from 5.30 – 7.00pm at the Base Studios in London. You can find the link in Chanelle’s Instagram bio.
- Bethany Entwistle is teaching a class each Tuesday from 8.15 – 9.30pm at the Dance House in Leeds.
- Tracey Iliffe is doing a “Parisian Showgirl Technique” class at Pineapple Dance Studios on the 19th of March from 12.30 – 2.00pm.
- Liv Quantrill and Scarlett Ellyse are doing a workshop on the 5th of March from 12.00 – 3.00pm at Dance Jam in Sunderland.
- Lance Savali is giving a workshop on the 11th of March from 2.00 – 3.30pm at Studio Novelli.
- Tap master Jo Scanlan is teaching at “Move It” on Saturday at 11.15am.
- Emma Levene is offering a General Ballet Core and Stretch Contemporary class at Forest Gate Community School on Thursdays from 7.00 – 8.00pm. Email to book: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Erica Mulkern is teaching an Adult Ballet class at the Otley Studio on the 4th of March from 2.00 – 3.30pm. Contact: email@example.com
- Michael Naylor is teaching a new class on Thursdays at the Base Dance Studios from 2.30 – 4.00pm. Book via the Base app.
- Alexandre Novelli is offering a Beginners Commercial for Adults class every Tuesday at her Novelli Studios from 6.00 – 7.00pm.
- Shelley Ann is doing a 2 hour Lyrical / Contemporary & Commercial workshop at the Flash in Welshpool on the 14th of April. To reserve a place: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amy Ireland has a Commercial Tap class at Pineapple Dance Studios in London on Thursdays at 12.15pm and a Contemporary Jazz class at 1.15pm. On Fridays Amy teaches Beginners Tap at 10.15am.
- Leonie Sian is doing a creative Contemporary Fusion class at “Move It” on the 12th of March at 10.30am.
- Erica Mulkern is hosting an Easter Dance Workshop on the 12th of April from 10.00am – 1.00pm at the Abinitio School of Dance in Brighouse. To book your place, email Erica on: email@example.com
- Sophie Allnatt from The Royal Ballet is offering a 1 day workshop in Southend on the 26th of February at Thorpe Hall School. Email Sophie for more information and to book on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jordi Guitart is doing a dance class on Saturday the 11th of March at 3.30pm at “Move It”.
- Daniela Fabbricatore will be doing an evening of Jazz and Lyrical classes on the 3rd of March at the Dance Factory. The Juniors will be from 5.30 – 6.30pm and the Intermediate / Seniors from 6.45 – 8.45pm. Contact: www.danielafabbricattore.com
- Nafisah Baba is teaching a weekly Lyrical Contemporary Intermediate / Advanced class at Danceworks in London every Tuesday from 8.00 – 9.30pm.
- Renako McDonald is teaching a Contemporary Jazz class on Fridays from 6.00 – 7.00pm at Pineapple Studios.
- Lucy Jane Adcock is teaching a Show Tap class at Base Dance Studios on Wednesdays at 11.30am.
- Poppy Tremlett is offering an Improvers Choreography class at Base Dance Studios on Tuesdays from 8.30 – 10.00pm.
- Rachel Bolsworth is teaching an Absolute Beginners Heels class from 7.00 – 8.00pm on Tuesdays and an Improvers Beginners Heels class on Monday from 8.30 – 9.30pm at Pineapple Dance Studios.
- Hannah Cleeve is giving a Heels Technique class on Wednesdays from 1.00 – 2.30pm each week at the Base Dance Studios.
- Jazz Dance Rewired will present a 2 day programme of jazz dance theatre at the Place in London on the 27th of May and the 3rd of June.
- Steffie Croxson is doing a class at “Move It” on the 12th from 12.45 – 13.30 pm.
- Kamila Zalewska is teaching at the Base Studios in London on Mondays from 4.00 – 5.25pm for intermediate/advanced level. Book on the Base app.
Film And Video
- Netflix’s new dance competition “Dance 100” premieres on the 17th of March.
- Disney released a new trailer for “The Little Mermaid” featuring Melissa McCarthy as Ursula.
- Paul King will direct the upcoming Fred Astaire biopic starring Tom Holland.
- We spotted the following dancers performing at the BAFTA’s this week: Mari Macleod, Nicey Belgrave, Renee Hughes, Belen Mar, Zhane Samuels & Demi Rox Mensah. The choreography was by Jay Revell.
- We spotted Jackson Williams filming the new “Magic Mike” movie.
- We spotted Karen Hauer and Gorka Marquez in rehearsals for the upcoming “Firedance” tour with Rose Wild, Jorgie Vaughan, Teta Marie & Lex Milczarek.
- We spotted Nikkita Chadha in the new film “What’s Love Got To Do With It?”.
- We spotted Danielle Everdell, Ella Goodwin, Erin Corfield, Ash Lloyd & Myron Birch dancing in Samira’s new music video for “Like This, Like That”.
View The Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.