All the latest news from Dincwear Pro Dancewear.
Strictly’s Dianne Buswell ‘signs for major TV show’.
Strictly pro dancer Dianne Buswell will be showing fans a different skill as she’s reportedly signed up to Celebrity MasterChef. Strictly favourites who have taken part in the BBC1 cookery show in the past include Johannes Radebe, AJ Pritchard, Katya Jones and Dancing on Ice judge Oti Mabuse.
Dianne, 33, who was partnered with DJ Tyler West in the most recent Strictly season, has previously described herself as a “foodie”, with a strong love of food in her family.
Celebrity MasterChef, which sees famous faces cook delicious meals for judges Gregg Wallace and John Torode, could therefore be the perfect show for her. She said: “I’ve grown up learning to cook from her. I’ve always been quite a foodie – I’ve got two older brothers, my dad loves food, and we all love food in my family.
“I do really enjoy cooking and I’m always really interested in the Mediterranean diet.”
Dianne says she doesn’t eat chicken or red meat but does eat fish and one of her favourite meals is ratatouille.
Isle of Wight dance academy reaches finals of Dance World Cup.
STUDENTS at an Isle of Wight dance school have reached the final stages of a major dance competition.
Joel Morris, who runs a dance academy in Shanklin, couldn’t be prouder of his girls, who have qualified for the Dance World Cup finals in Braga, Portugal.
The event runs between June 30 and July 8, and Jasmine Willets, 16, Josie Flack, 17, Lottie Paine, 16, Erin Plimley, 16, Beth Morgan-Huws, 17, Ava Cowan, 15, Mia Mandale, 15, and Emily Martin, 15, have all qualified.
Joel is hoping to build on their success at the All-England Dance festival in High Wycombe last summer.
In that event, Maddie Morgan-Huws, 18, Abbie Sykes 18, Emily Martin, Lottie Pain, Josie Flack, Jasmine Willets and Beth Morgan-Huws all reached the finals.
“Many schools qualify, but that doesn’t mean you are through to perform in the finals,” said Joel.
You must place first, second, third or fourth in the whole country. I choreographed this group especially for the Dance World Cup, and to challenge my senior dancers. It’s been busy. Many of these dancers performed in the finals of the All-England Dance festival last summer.
We were the only Island school to go all the way through to the finals, where the standard of technique and artistry is incredible. In April, my school is going to become an affiliate of The Royal Ballet School, adding to The Royal Academy of Dance Syllabus already taught. I’m very exciting for the future, and so proud of these dedicated girls.
Brit Awards 2023.
The 2023 Brit Awards sees the famous music awards ceremony hit 40 years and a star-studded ceremony at the O2 in London, singers, DJs, bands and artists saw Harry Styles win all four awards he was nominated for.
Performances came from Styles, Stormzy, Sam Smith and Kim Petras, Lizzo, David Guetta and more tonight as the former One Directon band member Styles thanked his former One Direction bandmates.
Styles was nominated four times – for album of the year for Harry’s House, song of the year for As It Was, artist of the year and best pop/R&B act and had a clean sweep taking home all four awards.
Picking up the gong for Harry’s House, Styles embraced the award presenter and said: “There is literally no one I love more than Stanley Tucci so this means so much. Thank you very much.
“This night has been really, really special to me and I’ll never forget it. Thanks for the welcome home…I’m so proud to be a British artist.”
Rihanna reveals she’s pregnant at Super Bowl half-time show.
Rihanna delivered an electrifying and hit-heavy half-time show at Sunday’s Super Bowl, but social media went into meltdown when the singer revealed an unexpected special guest.
In an interview last week, the Bajan singer was asked if there would be any surprises during her performance at Arizona’s State Farm Stadium. “I’m thinking about bringing someone,” she replied. “I’m not sure, we’ll see.”
Naturally, fans assumed she was talking about one of the many artists she’s collaborated with during her illustrious career. A guest spot from Jay-Z, Drake or Eminem seemed both likely and in keeping with the half-time show tradition of surprise duets.
But Rihanna wasn’t referring to any of them. Although nobody twigged at the time, she was in fact hinting that she was pregnant with her second child. The singer may have failed to debut any new music during her performance at Sunday’s Super Bowl, but the baby bump she debuted instead almost broke the internet.
As the 34-year-old dazzled the crowd from on high, her dancers performed beneath her at breakneck speed, in a display of razor-sharp choreography which they would maintain throughout the whole performance.
General News & Sighting
- Box office revenue in the West End has increased by 11.6% compared with 2019, according to the first full set of figures from the Society of London Theatre published since disruption caused by the pandemic. (The Stage)
- DanceBase, Scotlands national centre for dance, has warned that it will be reducing staffing levels and activity while it grapples with financial difficulties and develops a new and sustainable model.
- Birmingham Royal Ballet has announced the world premiere of “Black Sabbath – The Ballet”. The lead choreographer will be Pontus Lidburg with additional choreography from Raul Reinoso and Cassi Abranches,
- Danielle Lecointe-Mosca won the Offie Award for Best Choreography / Movement Director.
- The Guardian newspaper listed 7 of ” Dance’s Hottest Hidden Talents”: Lucy Carter (Lighting), Vincenzo Lamagna (Composer), Rike Zollner (Costume Designer), Steph Be (Producer), Eleanor Bull (Set and Costume Designer), Tyrone Isaac Stuart (Composer / Performer) & Elin Steele (Set and Costume Designer).
- The winners of the 23rd annual Whats On Stage Awards were announced. Courtney Bowman won the award for Best Performer in a Musical for her performance in “Legally Blonde” at the Regent’s Park Open Air theatre. Arlene Phillips won the Best Choreographer award for her work on “Grease” at the Dominion theatre and “Six” won Best West End Show. “Bonnie & Clyde” won Best New Musical.
- Deja Vu announced that “Upfront 23” will take place on the 21st of April at the 229 Club in London.
- Laura Morera is to retire as a Principle dancer of the Royal Ballet after 27 years.
- Sadlers Wells announced its Young Associates for 2023. They are: Blue Makwana, Elizabeth Mulenga, Maiya Leeke and the Tough Boys Dance Collective.
- David Blake, who is currently performing in the West End production of “The Lion King”, has been appointed Academy Director of the Urdang Academy.
- The musical version of “The Time Traveller’s Wife” is on its way to the West End. It will open at the Apollo theatre on the 7th of October. The choreography is by Shelley Maxwell.
- “Newsies” in the West End has extended its London run until the 30th of July. It is directed and choreographed by Matt Cole.
- “Matilda the Musical” has extended its West End run until the Spring of 2024. The choreography is by Peter Darling.
- Faye Brookes will be taking over the lead role from Maisie Smith in “Strictly Ballroom” from the 27th of March.
- It has been announced that the film “La La Land” will be developed into a Broadway musical directed by Bartlett Sher.
Future Dance Events News
- The UDO British Dance Festival will take place in Blackpool from the 17th – 19th of March.
- The first headline acts have been announced for this years “Breakin Convention” at Sadlers Wells from the 28th of April until the 1st of May.
- “Come From Away” has confirmed plans for a new tour beginning in March 2024. The choreography is by Tara Wilkinson and Kirsty Malpas.
- Christopher Tendai is producing and choreographing “Wonderland In Alice” which will premiere at the Peckham Theatre in London on the 6th of April.
- Chantry Dance Company will be performing “Ghost Dances” on the 25th & 26th of April at the Guildhall Arts Centre.
- The Scottish Ballet will be performing “Coppelia” at Sadlers Wells in London from the 2nd to the 5th of March.
- “Bat Out Of Hell” will play at the Peacock Theatre in London from the 17th of February until the 1st of April. It will then tour the UK, opening in Cornwall on the 25th of September. The choreography has been adapted by Xena Gusthart.
- “Grease” will return to the Dominion Theatre in the West End from the 2nd of June. The choreography is by Arlene Phillips.
- The musical version of “Rebecca” will play at the Charing Cross theatre in London on the 4th of September.
- Cheryl Cole has been cast for “2.22 A Ghost Story” in the West End.
Auditions & Vacancies
- Ballet Black is auditioning for dancers on the 16th of March in London. The audition is by invitation only. The closing date for applications is the 1st of March. For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Burn The Floor is looking for exceptional ballroom dancers. Contact: email@example.com
- New Creations Collective is looking for 2 male and 3 female dancers to join the company for the upcoming Summer tour of “Nightingale” – from the 26th of June until the 20th of August. The deadline for applications is the 24th of February. The audition is in London on the 13th of March and is by invitation only. For more details, look at the company website: newcreationscollective.com
- One Dance UK is sponsoring the Emerging Jazz Artist Platform – offering 4 emerging UK jazz choreographers a chance to showcase their work at “Up Close and Personal”. The winners receive a performance fee. The deadline to apply is the 28th of February. See the website for further details.
- Benjamin Armstrong is looking for 8 performers for the 3rd installment of “Represent Asian”. The performance is on the 20th of February. For more details, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skin London have agency auditions on the 16th & 17th of February. For more details contact: email@example.com. The closing date for applications is the 10th of February.
- Dancewest Festival (formerly the Ignition Dance Festival) is offering established dance artists £5,000 to create a new work for the festival. It is also offering emerging dance artists £1,750 to create a new work for the community dance platforms. Have a look at the website for further details.
- Butlins is looking for male dancers who are technically trained in a variety of dance styles for its 2023 production shows. Visit the website for further details.
- Propel Dance, a new professional wheelchair dance company in Birmingham, is recruiting a performer who identifies as disabled to join its new 2023 theatre production. For more information, email: info@firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dane Bates has opened applications for his 5 day “Inspiro” contemporary dance programme in Liverpool. For more information, contact Dane on: email@example.com
- Platinum Academy in North London is extending its list of guest teachers. To apply, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level Up have an Intensive on the 19th of February with Aaron Renfree and Phillip Birchall from 12.00 – 6.00pm. Contact: @levelupreels
- Bethany Entwistle is teaching a class each Tuesday from 8.15 – 9.30pm at the Dance House in Leeds.
- Tracey Iliffe is doing a “Parisian Showgirl Technique” class at Pineapple Dance Studios on the 19th of March from 12.30 – 2.00pm.
- Liv Quantrill and Scarlett Ellyse are doing a workshop on the 5th of March from 12.00 – 3.00pm at Dance Jam in Sunderland.
- Lance Savali is giving a workshop on the 11th of March from 2.00 – 3.30pm at Studio Novelli.
- Strictly star Luba is doing an online Valentine’s Dance Class for charity on the 15th of February at 7.00pm. You can get a ticket for £5 from: www.eventbrite.co.uk
- Dean Anthony Lee is doing a class on the 16th of February from 4.00 – 5.30pm at Base Studios and on the 19th of February from 7.00 – 8.30pm.
- Tap master Jo Scanlan is teaching at “Move It” on Saturday at 11.15am.
- Emma Levene is offering a General Ballet Core and Stretch Contemporary class at Forest Gate Community School on Thursdays from 7.00 – 8.00pm. Email to book: email@example.com
- Erica Mulkern is teaching an Adult Ballet class at the Otley Studio on the 4th of March from 2.00 – 3.30pm. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Naylor is teaching a new class on Thursdays at the Base Dance Studios from 2.30 – 4.00pm. Book via the Base app.
- Mia Lincoln is offering a Commercial Jazz workshop on the 16th of February at Tu Danse Studios from 7.00 – 8.30pm. Message Mia on: @commercialwithmia
- Alexandre Novelli is offering a Beginners Commercial for Adults class every Tuesday at her Novelli Studios from 6.00 – 7.00pm.
- Holly Stubbings is doing a Jazz Fusion Pop Up class on the 19th of February at the Brighton Marina Studios from 12.00 – 2.00pm.
- Chanelle Anthony is giving an Intensive Heels class on the 27th of February from 5.30 – 7.30pm at Base.
- Shelley Ann is doing a 2 hour Lyrical / Contemporary & Commercial workshop at the Flash in Welshpool on the 14th of April. To reserve a place: email@example.com
- Amy Ireland has a Commercial Tap class at Pineapple Dance Studios in London on Thursdays at 12.15pm and a Contemporary Jazz class at 1.15pm. On Fridays Amy teaches Beginners Tap at 10.15am.
- Leonie Sian is doing a creative Contemporary Fusion class at “Move It” on the 12th of March at 10.30am.
- Erica Mulkern is hosting an Easter Dance Workshop on the 12th of April from 10.00am – 1.00pm at the Abinitio School of Dance in Brighouse. To book your place, email Erica on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sophie Allnatt from The Royal Ballet is offering a 1 day workshop in Southend on the 26th of February at Thorpe Hall School. Email Sophie for more information and to book on: email@example.com
- Jordi Guitart is doing a dance class on Saturday the 11th of March at 3.30pm at “Move It”.
- Oti Mabuse is doing a 6 week Dance Fitness class at her London Studios each Saturday from the 28th of January to the 4th of March from 10.00am – 11.00am. To book, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daniela Fabbricatore will be doing an evening of Jazz and Lyrical classes on the 3rd of March at the Dance Factory. The Juniors will be from 5.30 – 6.30pm and the Intermediate / Seniors from 6.45 – 8.45pm. Contact: www.danielafabbricattore.com
- Nafisah Baba is teaching a weekly Lyrical Contemporary Intermediate / Advanced class at Danceworks in London every Tuesday from 8.00 – 9.30pm.
- Renako McDonald is teaching a Contemporary Jazz class on Fridays from 6.00 – 7.00pm at Pineapple Studios.
- Lucy Jane Adcock is teaching a Show Tap class at Base Dance Studios on Wednesdays at 11.30am.
- Poppy Tremlett is offering an Improvers Choreography class at Base Dance Studios on Tuesdays from 8.30 – 10.00pm.
- Rachel Bolsworth is teaching an Absolute Beginners Heels class from 7.00 – 8.00pm on Tuesdays and an Improvers Beginners Heels class on Monday from 8.30 – 9.30pm at Pineapple Dance Studios.
- Hannah Cleeve is giving a Heels Technique class on Wednesdays from 1.00 – 2.30pm each week at the Base Dance Studios.
- Jazz Dance Rewired will present a 2 day programme of jazz dance theatre at the Place in London on the 27th of May and the 3rd of June.
- Steffie Croxson is doing a class at “Move It” on the 12th from 12.45 – 13.30 pm.
- Kamila Zalewska is teaching at the Base Studios in London on Mondays from 4.00 – 5.25pm for intermediate/advanced level. Book on the Base app.
Film And Video
- Disney CEO Bob Iger announced that 3 animated sequels for “Toy Story”, “Frozen”, and “Zootopia” are in the works.
- The film “Matilda” has been released on digital platforms to rent or buy. It will be released on Netflix UK in the Summer.
- The “Mean Girls” musical will be made into a movie starring Angourie Rice as Cady and Renee Rapp as Regina George. Kyle Hanagami is doing the choreography.
- We spotted Nicole Valverde on the new Reed advertising campaign.
- We spotted Grace Robinson performing at the Brits afterparty.
- We spotted the following dancers performing at the Brits: Kamira Samuel, Mari Macleod, Renee Hughes, Robyn Laud, Sammi Lee Jayne, Sharon June, Sophia Turner, Jamie Graham, Bradley Salter, Mina Neighbour, Emma Nielson, Anders Nielson, James Mulford, Darcey Simmons & Millie Lund. The choreography was by Jay Revell.
- We spotted Anjula Kelly performing with Bebe Rexha in America. The choreography was by Briony Albert.
- We spotted Skylar Friedman dancing with Rhianna at the Superbowl.
View The Strictly Stars Wearing Dincwear Dancewear
From all the news team at Dincwear Dancewear, See you all next week!
This post has been created by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.